Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #17

New photos are on Pats site.
    Pat seems to be teething but atm he is just chewing on everything!My cousin is coming up tomorrow with her son and father, she is due to have her 2nd child on Christmas Eve and she already reckons she is as big as a house.We keep teasing her that she is having twins but she assures us she isn't.
    ETA:I have the older kids home from school both today and tomorrow, please let me stay sane until then!!!!!

I cant beleive its Melbourne Cup day tomorrow, im so unprepared. Usually i study the form and pick out a couple of pretty names and put a couple of small bets on but this year has come around way too quickly. I will see how i go tomorrow.

I remember a couple of years ago i asked DF to put some money on Makybe Diva (i thought the name was pretty) and he said he would but then went and put it on something else thinking that my horse wouldnt win cause he had never heard of it. Well, it won!!!! and i got nothing. I put my own bets on these days!

Jess - im sure that Lachlan is teething too, he is chewing everything and has started clamping and rubbing his gums together, he is getting really clingy too, wont even to to DF, he screams if anyone else goes in to him when he wakes up and wont let me put him down.

Mel - thats funny about the smart kids at school, i cant wait to see what everyone is up to. apparently there are going to be quite a few pregnant ones. A lot of the girls at my school were pretty *****y so it will be interesting to see how they are now!

Oh well, best get back to packing the car. A really hard thing to do when you have a screaming child on your hip!!

Hiya Girls!

Donna you are an evil woman - it should be Donna Devil rather than Donna Deville . I know EXACTLY what you mean though about thinking "yes, someone else is in the same boat" though (in my case it is when I see one particular "friend" of mine who is now overweight after having a kid - she was one of these "I can eat what I want people" and now after a year she almost weighs as much as she did when she was full term pg. She is saying how she won't bother losing weight before the next one and just lose it all once she's done having kids and I'm like "uhuh, yeah, good idea" (all the while thinking, as someone who is prone to being on the plus-size, YEAH RIGHT HONEY! - how evil is that?? )

I know what you mean about clingy - Flynn is suddenly not paying as much attention to DH and only really smiling for me (which is real odd because DH is a SAHD!) Flynn is also teething on and off - red cheeked, whingy and gummy one day, fine the next.

Hi to everyone else - was going to do more personals but I have come over real tired - I think I will flake while Flynn is still asleep.......zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jess - Patrick is one cute bubba!!!! So are your other kids too. School holidays must be a stretch for your sanity?

Dee - I love having a bet, its usually the only time I do. I am with you, pick by name, what colour the jockey wears or how beautiful the horse looks - very scientific!!!! Not sure what to go for this year. The horse that one the Derby (Efficient) is just beautiful so might give that a go. Enjoy your packing. Its amazing how we manage to get so many things done with a child/children attached to our hip/leg/arm/waist/etc LOL!!!

I was going to ask if anyone else's baby was starting to teeth. I even had to get out my baby bible (Baby Love by Robin Barker) and check when they are meant to start! It said the first tooth can cut anytime from 14 weeks to 16 months. Marley is constantly sucking on her fingers and dribbling heaps. Her cheeks are flush but so far she is still little miss smiley.

Another question - Marley is formula fed and has recently started to not want to drink her bottle. She will take the first bit well, then just wriggle and push the teat out. I wait a while, try again and if I push it too much, she really gets her cranky pants on!!!!! She has always drunk well from the bottle and usually drinks them clean but she hasn't finished a bottle for the last week. Should I be starting her on solids? Any suggestions would be great?

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Simone - you and your DH sound very responsible for a "youngish" couple...I'm impressed!!!

Donna - going to check email now and Pat's new photo...

Mel - sorry honey, can't help you re: solids... what about your doctor? Or ECC nurse?

feeling blah today as there was no hot water to shower with... funny how something simple like missing a shower makes you feel like crap?

Hi all! I've speed read the pages but I will probably opt out of personals for now.
    Camping was great - even though I had the runs since yesterday! Oscar was a great camping ally (listening to my shuffle on the way up and 'Roadtripping' came on, decided I have THREE favourite allies, not the two that the song has - DP, Odin and Oscar), and we had a marvellous time with our group. All our clothes smell, so what doesn't need washing need airing. I'm doing that now, so I'd best be off again until it's done.
    Oh, one more thing, I've got an operation for my nose (it's crooked!) lined up, finally, for a couple of weeks' time - I'll have a straight nose for the Christmas photos, yay! Especially yay that I'll be able to breathe properly through BOTH nostrils...the officially main reason I'm getting it done, but it will be nice not to have to rearrange my face angle to avoid unflattering nose shots

Gotta love Melb weather - how cold is it today??

CeeCee - I will follow up with MCHN and see what she says, but so far today Marley has been drinking her bottles well. Will give it a couple of days and see.

IK - glad you enjoyed your camping trip. Great day for airing the clothes in this wind!

Having a quiet, boring day watching the Cup telecast on TV!

In between unpacking and washing, boy asleep in HAB, other boy on puter in other room. It's his birthday today and today at the campsite we made a big pancake and put strawberries and peach slices on it...it was a little burnt on the underside and I have video of Odin trying to bury the plate with leaves after I offered him what wasn't eaten...but it wasn't that bad. It was more a gesture than anything else - there was no way a Cheesecake Shop cake was going to last 5 days till today at a campsite!
    Rory - to answer your question from last week, we camped at Big River, about an hour from Warburton (probably not even that far). Our group usually goes to Sheepyard Flat when we go with families and the 'boys' usually go to Big River for their weekends, but I think they wanted to show us their place this time. Would have made more sense to go to Sheepyard for the long weekend because it's further away and more worth the trip, but how or never! I wasn't too keen on the leech scenario, but I did very well, considering how much of the heebie jeebies they give me. I just sprayed on my Bushman's and braved the scrub to get to the hole in the ground (I was the sucker who kept digging the communal hole, no-one seemed to get it when I said it was going to do my pelvis in, but I was more annoyed at the people who started off digging a separate hole for each toilet trip - not very environmentally sensitive!). I even managed to scrape off a leech from one of the kids and kept my cool about the whole affair! Oscar was a champ, and spent more time than he ever has in his buggy. He would sleep in there during the day for his naps (after falling asleep in either the HAB/shoulder sling or in the buggy after a walk up the hill and back). A picnic rug provided good tummy time and he slept soundly by my side in our tent. Not much fuss at all, and the car wasn't loaded up with his stuff, either, so that was a good experience at low maintenance baby travel!
    Anyway, glad to see you back, Dee and Karen I hope this sleep place can offer some useful tools for you and Lochie. Sorry to read that DF is still lumping it all on you to take care of. It's not a good look for him!
    Umm, I've forgotten what else I was going to reply to, so I'll leave it there and get more washing out and in...get this place a bit tidy so we can veg out in front of a DVD with some take away followed by popcorn, for DP's birthday...

IK - sounds like a great time away and Oscar sounds like he had a great time. Hope you enjoy your relaxing night and DP enjoys his birthday. Bye the way, your pancakes sounded quite yummy!!!

Hi girls
    Thought it was about time I checked in. It has been ages, lol. Nathan is Teething, he moves these days and I don't think it will be too long before he crawls. I am down in Brisbane at the moment, I have said a regretful goodbye to my Christmas holiday next month so that we could come down now and sort out so house stuff, but all going well I will be living down here Christmas next year, it will take 10 months to build our house. Oh but you should never let a rich country girl loose in the city, I will be going home poor though, I love IKEA, it is my most favourite shop in the world, OMG I mean Cafeteria, daycare and shopping under one roof what more could a girl want. You city girls are lucky. lol.
    A big hi and how are you to the new girls, glad to meet you.
    Love my girls My hubby works shift work aswell and so did I (was a RN in a previous life) but I have way too many children now ,lol. Although my DH is a heavy sleeper and so he has to be for basic survival in our house, lol. I never have to tip toe around. All my babies have been good day sleepers and I can vaccumm right next to them with out them waking. Haven't read previous threads will catch up though.
    talk soon
    Dee
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; November 9th, 2006 at 12:02 PM.

7th Heaven Dee - nice to meet you too. There are 2 Dees so I will have to remember whos who!! IKEA is the best. There used to be 2 in Melb but they moved them all to Richmond but the store is heaps bigger. The $2 breakfast on the weekend is fantastic and the range of things for kids rooms is so much fun (and cheap!). My DH is a pretty heavy sleeper too on most occasions (esp when baby is crying LOL). I wanted to do a big clean today as the weather is horrible. He is at his mums sleeping so I can clean our bedroom and ensuite thoroughly. Chelsea is at kinder so makes it much easier when there is only one little baby in the house not making any mess LOL!!

I think Marley is teething too. I seems so early but I can't really remember when Chelsea did. I should go back and check her books as I wrote everything down. I checked her gums today and I can see two little teeth under the gums so I am not sure how long before they break through.

Brisbane is a beautiful city. My best friend lives in East Brisbane and we try to catch up with each other once a year (we speak every week for up to 3 hours!!!). I hope everything goes well with the building of your new home.

Looking forward to further chats with you.

Still cleaning up around here. Washing nearly done (from last week, camping washing has been done), DP's cleaned the kitchen (I went on strike, but he didn't realise that so he's taking all the credit now and making out like I WANTED to leave the kitchen like that! I clean the kitchen and he deposits stuff everywhere, so eventually I just give up!), Oscar has just fallen asleep...again...in the HAB (he slept very well during the day whilst camping, but not at home!).
    I feel really tired, so I'd better drink more water.
    Fire is on - nice and cosy in here.
    Dee - What's Enigma's forum?
    Mel - have you tried cup-feeding instead of the bottle? There's a technique, but it's for us, cos the babies WILL cup feed if we can get the cup to them properly! I had to use cup feeding when Oscar was very young because, until his tongue-tie was sorted, I had to give my nipples a break and some feeds I expressed and gave it to him via cup (well, DP mainly!).
    Ok, gonna have a drink now and then think about getting out the hoover for the rug...

Hi girls... just caught up on the posts... been busy with FIL staying, not wanting to be antisocial as our 'pute is out here in the main living area. Wade is just calming down after a tantrum-for-no-apparent-reason. LOL CeeCee that I don't need FlyLady! *chortle* I can't wait to "learn" how to sort paper clutter as it's our biggest HotSpot (problem area). You'll be pleased to note I am wearing lace up shoes though (red Converse ones LOL) need to buy a new pair though. IK: good on you for being firm about the kitchen... it's the heart of the home and I reckon if the kitchen is messy everything seems harder to do around the house. Simone: I'm looking forward to seeing your races outfit too! And I also didn't realise you were living apart from your DH at the moment..... how did I miss that??? Oh and also I didn't realise Enigma had a forum... I'm feeling very out -of-the-loop ATM!

Gotta go... maybe back later tonight.... miss you all!

IK - your DP sounds like my DH. He gets home and dumps everything and anything in the kitchen. I move it and then I find something else back there ARHHHHHH!!! I agree with Bath, if the kitchen is clean, everything else looks clean. We have a huge open plan kitchen and family room, so I really like keeping the kitchen clean. Let DP have his moment of domestic glory - tell him what a great job he's done LOL!!!! Open fire today would be perfect, wish the sun would appear. Regarding the cup, I've never thought of that. I feel silly asking but what cup should I try? I think because she is teething, she just wants to chew her hands or bib constantly. How is Oscar with the teething?

Bath - did I miss the post about DH's party? If I did, hope it went really well and your cake was a hit! Paper clutter is a huge issue here. Everything just gets chucked in a draw!!

Mel - I'd try a small cup, the smaller the better. When I was cup feeding, Oscar was tiny so we mainly used a medicine measuring cup, but I think if you get one of those baby food storage type plastic cups you could do it. I certainly was able to feed him a bit of EBM from an Avent storage cup (carries 200mls of liquid) and that should be a perfect size. Oscar is discovering his fingers and other objects to suck on, but I'm not convinced it's to do with teething. He is watching us eat, but I'm not convinced it means he's ready to start solids (not that I was going to before 6 months, anyway), either.
    I'm toying with my ticker ATM, so don't panic - I'll have a photo up soon!

Oh and IK I didn't notice that your nose was crooked... but good luck with the op anyhow

Mel: we recently converted our linen cupboard to a stationery/filing cupboard but haven't sorted everything in it yet. I'm kinda looking forward to it though because I think it's going to be highly successful... especially as our (nearly) 12yo DD isn't allowed to enter it and take things without asking.

Feeling bloated after eating too much chicken schnitzel, vegies and grainey mustard sauce... very yummy but I was a tad piggish about it LOL Hope it doesn't ruin my progress on the scales... did I mention I've lost the same amount of weight as Niall weighs? ie nearly 7 pounds since he was born? I've also been eating way too much chocolate in this cooler weather (the two things go together with me LOL I lose the taste for it in hot weather). I took piccys of DH's cake... will post them tomorrow when things will be back to normal as FIL leaves tomorrow morning... he is nearly 80 btw, so I've had to spend a fair bit of time talking about the "old times" with him over the past few days.

DH has just implied that I should wind up... having a drink with Grand Dad....

Thanks IK, I thought of the avent cup so I will give it a go. I think all babies love watching what people do, esp eating or drinking. Marley always watches us and I am going to wait until the 6 month mark. She is still sleeping through the night and doesn't appear to need anymore - she usually doesn't drink all her bottles. When Chelsea was a baby, all the books said start at 4 months, funny how things change. Lot more work when solids are introduced. How do I put a ticker on??? Couldn't find anything on BB site to tell me how.

Bath - The special cupboard sounds like a great idea. I need a filing cabinet. We have so many bits of paper in different spots it so hard to find something when you need it! Well done with the weight loss - how have you done it? I would dearly love to lose the last of the baby weight (about 5 kgs) but find it hard. I am a chocolate lover too! In particular, the good stuff - Lindt, Haigs YUM! That might explain why I can't lose those 5 kgs LOL!!! Can't wait to see pics of the cake.

Sneaking in another post before I go to bed....

Mel: 2 main reasons I've lost the weight: I had cholestasis of pregnancy which apparently interferes with the body absorbing fat... second, I don't drive so I'm constantly rushing to catch public transport and walking everywhere.... also I have a theory that people with very broad tastes in food tend to keep their weight down as it's more likely that all the trace vitamins and minerals are found. If you get into a food "rut" ie keep eating pretty much the same things, there's less of a chance your body is getting the full array of elements so something in your brain keeps saying "eat more, you haven't found what I'm looking for yet...." Anyhow this theory seems to fit within my family... the fussiest eaters are definately the heaviest.

Hey I really gotta go now, nighty nite everyone!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast