Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born in June 2006 #5

Love the new pics candy! i like the one of Ryan & Angus together hehe!
    I've been meaning to ask you Bath. so after you gave birth to Niall did the itching all of a sudden just stop?

Hi again!

Well its nearly 11pm and I'm really stuffed! Aleise has probably slept today for about 3 hours in total. She's okay o/night but has just started being alert during most of the day and getting bored. I had to take her outside in the pram today just so Icould put washing on the line without her fussing and grizzling!

Also she was rather unsettled until I put her in the pram about 4pm and went for a walk to the local Bi Lo store to get some groceries. She slept the 2nd half the way there and 1st half the way back. As soon as we got home she woke again! Anyway I managed to keep her entertained until Matt got home at 7.30 and then I handed her to him as I really wanted some "me" time to watch Dancing on Ice and have a nice glass of Verdello.

Scrapbooking: I'm too lazy to do up an album from scratch but I have to get my butt organised and at least put her pics into a photo album! Now I have the digi camera I can go nuts and email them hehe! The printer dock printed a really cute Pic I took a couple of days ago and I used the 4 photos to a pg setting - now we have some wallett photos that cost nothing!

Oh yeah we managed to get tickets to Billy Joel yesterday morning after being online for 40 minutes. The cheapest C reserve all went first ($94) and there were only single ones of C tickets left, we were going to buy B res anyway and decided to - $130 each! (ouch!) but we figured we probably won't get the chance to see another pop concert for ages so why not? Just hope it will be a good one.

Nickers: Thanks for your input on the mums and bubs group - I'm not likely to go back 'cause the exercise class is too much for an unchallenging workout. I'm going to check out a coffee group at our local Westfield on Thursday morning I found via another website. The thing is they're all 20 somethings and i think the oldest mum is 30 so I'll feel like the "grandma" of the group! Anyway one can only try.

Tanya: Love the photo of Lucas on your ticker - so cute!

Bath: You're a great "Dr Phil" stand in! Maybe you should open up your own consultation rooms! I got annoyed with Matt on Saturday night (at his work function) as he has a female friend who is 30, giggly and flirts with him a bit. She introduced her hippy b/f to Matt and I then proceeded to ignore him and talk to Matt mosta the time. At least I know it isn't just me though 'cause another girl at the table told me she couldn't stand her either. Matt isn't likely to do anything naughty but it peeved me off to see him flirting/getting friendly with a younger and slimmer chick. Guess I'll have to hurry up and go to the gym and line up for Botox! (joking about the botox! - oww!)

Well sorry no more personals - am very tired and I did the skimming thing again naughty me! HOpefully I can log on earlier tomorrow.

Take care all and *night sleep vibes* for all June bubbas!

Good morning ladies and babies.

Another good nights sleep here with Alex-yippee, but DD was up during the night because of her cold. If its not one its another . Also Alex was a right royal monkey yesterday, just wasnt interested in settling and pretty much cried/whinged most of the day. The crook of my arm is still sore this morning from having to constantly hold him!

Neeny lucky you going to Billy Joel, if we were in Perth I was definitely going to try and get some. FYI DH has been to sooo many concerts and he said Billy Joel was one of the best he has ever been to. Hope you enjoy it.

Ooh Ali that tax bill would have come as a rude shock to you. Like you said it is the last thing you need when on mat leave. We are lucky enough to get a sizeable return this year but alas it will all be used to pay off bills etc . Might treat myself to something small...

Nickers it sounds like Nixon is really coming along growth wise. He'll be surpassing the rest of us soon! Alex has put on weight but not really grown lengthwise. But I think that is because he keeps getting measured by different people and different tapes etc.

DD is calling now for her weetbix and I think I can hear Alex snuffling through the monitor. Sigh, another day begins!

Good morning Just going to be a drudgy home duties day for me today. No outings planned. Think I've been over doing it because my milk supply has diminished, or so it seems... however this morning I thought I didn't have much and that Niall was just comfort sucking but when I layed him down he did a huge chuck all over our sheets, at least it was DH's side LOL

Nic: About the itching - the day after having Niall I woke up and realised that I'd just had the first itch-free night in months. All day I kinda waited for it to start but it just didn't! And it's never returned. Amazing. But it's what the doctors said would happen. It's actually the main thing that is stopping me wishing I could have another baby... as well as finances and knowing that life would be even more chaotic! If I got pregnant again i would almost certainly experience Cholestasis again and that infernal itch! Plus it could start earlier and be a greater threat to the fetus... so I'm trying to just be grateful that it only occured in a severe way in my third pregnancy and not our first.

Neeny: LOL at opening a consultation room To look at my bookshelves you'd think I was a therapist because there's sooo many books about relationships/emotional intelligence etc. I don't really watch Dr Phil anymore because I found it was getting repetitative and a few things he's said has kinda bugged me LOL (especially his views on the Middle Eastern conflict ie Pro-War). Anyhow I wish my DH would read some of my books though... sometimes he will read a page or two that I carefully select as the most important concept but he won't pick one up unasked. I have to remind myself that it's not my job to try to change or 'fix' him... my love and acceptance of him must be unconditional etc Anyhow, even though he has let me down in the past I know that we're stronger now as a result. Sometimes you've just got to make mistakes and that was his opportunity to learn something about himself as well as me. He's not the first person to be a better person as a result of a huge mistake so I'm trying to see the positive side of the whole issue instead of festering.

gotta feed
    niall now... back later....

Hi All

Neeny - I was meaning to say , well done for getting the dress finished in time - and now we want many more pics of your beautiful little girl - no more excuses!

Gotta make this a quick post, Aneta is already twisting and turning in her cot.

I think i must be the only mother who doesnt benefit from her baby sleeping a few hours in a row. Last night Aneta slept from 10.30pm until 5am !! ( so really , the whole night ).
    Her last feed was 8pm. So i ONCE AGAIN sat up from 1am waiting for her to wake up. Then at 3am I was sure she had completely wet herself and couldnt decide if i should wake her or not.
    Finally at 5am she starting stirring, so I picked her up and changed her - turns out her nappy hadnt overflowed, and she wasnt that hungry because she didnt even cry before she got the bottle.. Grrrr...so many hours in sleep-mode wasted .

Hi all,

Just a quick one before i hit the showers.

I have just noticed a post in the NICU/ Premmie babies thread saying Simones Baby girl Anneliese is in ICU in hospital with Bronchilotis and Apnea Episodes. SO wishing her a speedy recovery!!!!

Better go and get on with the day or I will get nothing achieved.

oh no
    Wishing Anneliese a speedy recovery!

Simone: this must be such a stressful time for you! Thinking of you and Anneliese, hoping all's well soon!

Yes i just read that to Ali.
    Simone thinking of you and Anneleise at the moment, it must be so hard to see her go back into hospital after she did so well to be out early on. Jess's boy Patrick end up back in hosp too recently. I was speaking to my sister yesterday and her daughter 3 1/2month also had broncilitis. Not in hospital as yet but she has to keep a close eye on her because apparently she could go down hill quickly. her dad had broncitis so she must have caught it from him.
    It must be going around? My friends 2 nephews were in hosp a few weeks ago with it too.
    Anneleise is in our thoughts and hopeing she has a speedy recovery and back with you in no time. Take it easy Simone.

Things arent looking great, her body is starting to swell for some reason, she looks so bloated... she's had an IV inserted, took then about 5 goes to get it in, as she wont take the breast... Her oxygen levels were dropping so she's been put on oxygen, only the nasal prongs tho, no head box. You should hear her cry, as she's had the worst hacking cough, her throat is red raw, as her cry is like a cat meowing. She's also vomiting up alot of mucous, but dr says thats good. Better than sitting in her tummy. Her apnea attacks looked like they were getting better, she had 15 mins between attack, but then she had like 5 in 2 mins. So she has a nurse watchin her constantly, and she will be staying in the resus area of the ED at the childrens until they can get her a bed in the NICU. She's going to be in there a while, she was taken str8 in as soon as i got there, and was told after a quick look at her that they were admitting her. It was today last week that Xander was admitted!! I cant escape hospitals...

Simone i nearly cried reading that , I can not imagine how stressfull this must be for Anneliese, and how stressed you must be.
    Im keeping my fingers crossed that this will pass as soon as possible and your little princess will be back at home with you.
    She's a little fighter since the beginning, she will get through this aswell.

Hi again

Finally got the puter instead of Matt hijaking it - he's on a day off.

Baby photos: Am so busy trying to work out the new digi camera I haven't worked out the emailing part from the camera yet. Also got to organise posting out thank you notes and photos to all who sent cards and gifts. Then I've gotta get the Baptism invites out - 2nd of September. Gawd never ending! Now where are the funds for that cleaner I wanted? mmmm??

I got a gym timetable today and the child minding times clash with sessions I want to do. Matt doesn't get home until 7.30pm and 9pm on Wed and Friday's every 2nd week so not likely to do the classes I want! Just have to go for walks more often methinks! Oh yeah and boycotting chocolate - SOOOO hard!

Simone: Sorry to hear about Annaleise - my prayers are with you darls and I hope she gets better and comes home soon. She isn't asthmatic is she? That would not be nice at all - I had asthma as a child but grew out of it. I have to get flu vaccinations every year or I get bronchitis for 2 weeks!

Well not much else to report - have a good Tuesday ladies and catch you again soon.

I'm boycotting chocolate too Neeny... ATM I'm munching on some almonds and dates... it's doing the trick with dealing with my mid-afternoon sugar cravings We might have to start a support thread LOL

Neeny- Its wednesday mate!! hehehe, i know all the days just seem to roll into one!

arrrrggg Nixon exploded in his nappy & up his back again, making this the 3rd outfit of the day! (the other 2 he spewed all down.....)

He was a good boy at aerobics though just lays there and checks everything out!
    Tomorrow me and my gf going to mums and bubs at the movies. they are playing the lake house..... so if anyone has Hoyts near them and not doing anything might be good to get out and about! i think its a great idea to have these sorts of things available.

Simone- Thinking of you in this tough time. I have to agree with Enigma, your little girl is a fighter and I am sure that she will get through this quickly!

I took Tori into school today to visit my class, I didnt realise how much I had missed them untill I saw them ,but they were very excited to see me which was kinda nice.

I was talking to the principal who has offered me 30 hours work, to do at my lesuire... ie either 2 or 4 hours a week. It is tutoring 2 kids in reading.......... and get this for the 30 hours work I will get paid nearly $1400. Not to bad, it will be enough to pay my tax bill with a little bit left over. I will probably start off doing it 2 hours a week for a few weeks to get back into the swing of things and then do 4 hours a week, 2 hours on a monday and 2 on a thursday. It works well because Pete is home on Mondays and I am sure my Mum would LOVEEEEEEEEE to have Tori on a Thurs.

Anyway better go, baby is sleeping and there are dishes and house work to do.

as i sit here and munch on the new Cadbury Rocky Road , i think to myself , your right Bath - we need to start a support group for chocoholics

Nixon has been testing me today & ive just about had enough.
    unlike him he woke @4.30am. tried to settle for 30min & end up bringing him in with me. but i really didnt sleep to well from then till 6.45 when i fed him.
    he was all smiles after the feed so i woke dh to play with him & i tried to get back to sleep. 10min l8r dh said take him i have to get up 4 work, so i asked him to put him back to bed. he didnt really settle so i didnt get anymore sleep,then i was on the ph he started crying took 4-5min to get to him hoping he would re settle but he went ballystic....then i felt bad. he was whimpering once i picked him up cause he had worked himself up so much.
    spewed 5 times while changing him so re clothed feed & gym. was good but spwed about 10times @ the gym went through 3 bibs.
    he has been a nightmare all afternoon, i tried to have a shower finally at 4pm he again went ballystic eyes all red hair wet from tears....
    rang dh told him to not go to the gym after work because i need him home.....AND our friend the osteopath is coming soon to work on him which means he'll prob be worse with spewing tonight..............sorry for the vent needed to write it down to calm myself.... wish i had some chocolate in the house!

Simone hope your lil princess will be on the mend soon and be back at home were she belongs.

Well DH did get my cold/flu so was sick all weekend and had Monday and Tuesday off, also DS2 has a virus and DS3 has had high fevers for the last two days, so now that I'm better I'm looking after all the sick people in the family again.

I got Cody weighted on Thursday last week and he is 4490g, so he is slowly getting bigger, he's in 000 now so that is good and he will be 9 weeks this Friday so will have to get his first immunisation soon, maybe next week when everyone is feeling a little better.

I'm going to have a quick rant, DH told me before Cody was born that we would talk about having another, well we had a fight on the weekend and he told me that there was no way he was going to have any more children and that was that. Now I feel like the decision has been taken out of my hands and we haven't been able to discuss anything like two adults and he's the boss and I have to do what he says. I just can't really find the words to discribe how hurt and devestated I am about him just out right saying no more kids and thats that, and to make matters worse he tried to get my mother on his side which she is and that also hurts that he is willing to bring someone else into our relationship to help decide on how many kids we should have.

On a brighter note my mum brought me some clothes will she was down which was nice as I only had one skirt and a pair of DH trackie dacks to wear not alot. So now I have 2 skirts and a pair of pants and 3 shirts.

Well better go Cody starting to stir for a feed.

Hope everyone is doing well, and good to see you back Emishka.

hugs xoxo

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast