Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #9

Hello girls, quick one from me cause I wanna go sit upstairs and snuggle with DH.

Wasn't it a lovely day! Good washing weather!!

Candy, you must be so worried for your firend's bub! But like IK says, I am pretty sure they can fix them relatively easily. Still, to think of a poor little lamb in surgery!! BTW, I agree with Bath, Ryan is a cutie!

IK, sounds like you had a nice day with Dante. Which equestrian centre did you visit? Only one I know of is Werribee.

I had a lovely day too, after an early start. I had an 8am meeting in the city so was up at 6am to feed Flynn and was on the train by 7.30am. Then I spent the morning at work collecting work from my boss and inarvo caught up with my SIL for lunch. I cruised the shops at Melbourne Central and was VERY good - I did NOT buy a lovely skirt from Sussan ($90 - can live without it), I did NOT buy a set of cake forks from The General Trader ($30) and I did not buy a soap dispenser from Freedom ($50 - exxy I know but very nice). So that means I saved $170 in an afternoon! But I did buy a cake tester and ANOTHER blue and white striped top (I have 6, save white with blue stripes, others blue with white stripes, some with navy stripes, others with lighter blue stripes, some with wide stripes.....)

Then when I got home I did some work on the PC - working from home rocks! I don't think I'll ever want to go back to fulltime in the office. Hopefully I can swindle it so that even when I am "full time" I can work mostly from home. One thing which was surprising - I didn't think I would enjoy it so much. I was doing something even many lawyers would find dull (drafting special clauses to a lease) but it is right up my alley - I get to sit in front of the PC, typing away in my own little world, and I forgot the time. Before I knew it I had spent an hour. Somehow I think my 7.5 hours a week will be increased to 14hours (equivalent to 2 days). It is actually addictive when you can just focus on the task and not have to put up with all the bulldust that goes with being "at" work (transport, crowds, coffee room, annoying phonecalls, etc)

Anyway, enuff from me, gotta go spend time with my (big) boy.

ciao bellas

yeh rory i always felt like I got my work done at home in about a third of the time I did at work due to lack of interupptions, meetings that you "had" to attend (that you didn't really) etc.

littlerigger Guest

Ceecee – It’s been 3 + months now and they haven’t changed at all so I’m guessing they’ll stay worse. They used to get worse slowly; maybe this just missed a couple of steps and saved me some money on the interim frames & lenses. Hehe on being married 2 weeks later!

IK – you are too bloody cheerful!!! But I like it! Sounds like you had an awesome day yesterday. Did DH make the lasagne?

Nic – I don’t know many details. She is having a scan on Thursday so hopefully that will tell them something. The park plans sound great 

Rory – glad to hear you’re enjoying working from home. Must feel good to have something to focus on? Well done for saving all that money 

Jaspen – hows Townsville going?

ETA happy 3 months Niall!
    Last edited by littlerigger; September 13th, 2006 at 09:10 AM.

Thanks Candy ... and Happy 3 months too Aneta! Hope your mummy (enigma) can come back soon! Remember how Niall and Aneta were both born with their arms up against their faces? I still can't get over that!

IK: yeah, you're like me: I bug people with cheerfulness a lot too I think LOL except my own family, they see the other side when Dragon Mummy emerges.... mmwhahaha!

ETA: I'm still doing laundry washing today... last chance for a few days as rain is on it's way Melbourne girls! Niall is sleeping now and Wade is digging this humungeous hole in our backyard... I can just see the top of his head now LOL! I made up this story the other day at nap time about finding a "mysterious box" while digging in the backyard and he is determined to find it! :-D

Wow what a slow day in here to day. Well it's another breezey day here today but at least the sun is out. All the boys are doing well, got Kailens new operation date the 2nd of October so about 3 weeks away, so that is in the school holidays so that is good.

hugs xoxo

Bath- ahh i can just imagine Wade's head popping out of this huge hole LOL! I know he is hard work for you but gee he sounds like such a character! Imagine what he and Niall will be plotting together in a few yrs!
    Happy 3 months Niall & Aneta.
    Candy- i have been meaning to ask, did u end up going to a mothers group? If so did u like them, have u been back?
    Amanda- good to hear u have a new date for Kailen, hopefully this one sticks.

i bought some fenugreek tablets today to try and increase my supply, hoping this helps, i will persist with Nixon for a few more weeks but if he is still unhappy when we come back from sydney i think we'll revert to a bottle, then will prob express for as long as i can. I figure 5 months is a pretty good length seings i didnt think i would be able to bf, hopefully i make it to 6 months that was my original goal but anyway if not then so be it.
    Ali how is Tori going? any better?

littlerigger Guest

Bath - sounds like Wade is having a ball Tell him he'll get to china

Amanda - I'm glad you have the new date!!

Nic - Nah never ended up going to a MG. I just entertain myself LOL. I think 5 months is a bloody good acheivement!!!

Hi Everyone,

Well I unfortunately have had a bad horse week! I purchased a new horse 2 weeks ago to work on and turn over in a few months. This morning when I went to feed up he had severely injured his hind leg. We made the heartbreaking decision to have him put down. (euthanised) Candy, I know our situations are a little different, I only had Mitch for a short time. But I know how you feel. I hope you are ok.

Love to all

Kel

oh Kel sorry to hear your horse had to be put down, the loss of any pet weather u have owned them 10min or 10yrs u become attached to is hard.
    thinking of you........

littlerigger Guest

oh Kel that must be terrible for you!!! regardless of the situation I don't think it's easy for anyone!!

Hi Kel We've missed you! Aw no, sorry about your horse too Kel... what do you mean "work on and turn over?" Do you train and resell them?

Can't stay... Verity is on MSN messenger... I have to share the 'pute but she just went to the local IGA and butcher shop for me so I owe her a good session online...

littlerigger Guest

hehe Bath, trade errands for screen time. Must remember that one

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    i know i haven't been on here for a while but i have had counciller appointments coming out my ears, been sick and too upset to do anything SORRY.
    Well i've missed a lot haven't i.
    Roryrory Sounds like you had a hectic morning. Must have been great to meet up with you SIL though. If only my SIL to be would even speak to me would be a bonus. You were very good to be able to resist to buy things when shopping. i am hopeless, i see something i like and i must get it, my bad.
    Bathsheba LOL at Wade and his hole digging, least he's intertaining himself and not bugging you. He must be dertemined to find this "mysterious box". I think it is so cute.
    Nic 5 months is a great achievment....i only got to BF for 5 days as my DD was to sick and the minut amount of medication that got into my milk was enough to make her a little worse as she was already sick! I hated that i had to resort to a bottle but hey she had to feed somehow.
    Misskel Sorry to hear about your horse you must be so upset.
    Us Well we are having a hectic home life. I am not even marries yet and me and DF are fighting like an old couple (thats what someone said). Well i think i have the right to be cranky when he decided because he couldn't get the portacot to fold down he would take to it with a pair of scissors- a hole right in the side. I said to him it will be a bit hard at first because it's brand new, plus does he want it to be that loose that it falls down on her or when she is older can pull it down on top of her. I was so ropeable....i said a lot of naughty words too!!!
    Tarleha has decided that she likes the little song "eyes and ears and nose and mouth" giggles like crazy and when it gets to mouth she ttries to get my finger...is so cute.
    She has been giving me so much grief at the moment.
    And yeah well the councilling don't get me started on that one...or i'll be here for ever....
    Better go my counciller is ringing me in 25mins. Oh just quickly i have now lost 9.5kg off my pre preg weight, GO ME.

Kristee-Lea - 21
    Tarleha Maye - 29/06/06
    Tying the knot 7th April
    TTC sometime early next year bout Feb/March

Candy: Yeah I read it in a self help book... "Don't Give Away The Ice Cream" ...or something like that LOL

Verity and I have commemorated Niall turning 3 months old by doing foot prints... about to up load the piccys onto his site now... All done.

June Mummy: Oh dear! Sorry you've been having such a rough time lately... hmmm sounds like your DF needs a bit of anger management! Good grief... though I still can't tackle our porta cot by myself... it is frustrating but it gets easier with practise... like folding down our pram... I still can't do that without muddling through, lucky it only needs to done once a week when we go to Little Athletics.

Ok... gotta go again... Verity has been very patient! Plus she hung out the washing while i was loading the photos... good girl (but she got an ice pole for doing that).

littlerigger Guest

KL - that does sound like a tough time. We're all here if you need to talk. these girls get me through everything!!!

Bath - as the resident culinary queen, I need your help. My family are visiting this weekend (not so happy about this but that's another matter) and I need to menue plan. Friday night I have NFI what to cook. Saturday I am thinking roast leg of lamb (dad likes his red meat, I much prefer chicken) but should I do herb or bacon stuffing? And do you think I should make some of my fresh bread and make herb bread to go with it?

Candy: We don't eat red meat (mammals) but when I make stuffing for chicken/turkey I loooove using crushed nuts. Macadamia and walnuts are really good... you can mix in some herbs with it too... something not too strong like marjoram... with a bit of garlic and/or black pepper. Remember to combine with an egg so it doesn't come out all crumbly... and you can always bulk it out with bread crumbs if necessary... oh and add a bit of olive oil both for flavour and consistency too.

Gotta go... Wade has got himself stuck in Niall's cot some how...

Creating a new thread for you girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678