Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006

#karen# Guest

Ali - I too am having an unsettled period, usually 8pm to midnight of constant feeding, I also have a home visit tomorrow and will ask about this.
    Welcome Simone, it's wonderful Anneliese is doing so well.
    Thinking of you ceecee - I hope this is it
    Tulip- hang in there, sending you lots of labour vibes.
    DH, who only wanted 2 suggested we go for another one, because our others are so much older we should have a playmate for Nathan. I was in shock, I don't know if I could push another one out, and like Amanda said we would need a new car (maybe if we wait for 2008 we will get the baby bonus of $5000.) I'm happy with my 3 boys, but I guess we will just wait and see, it's too soon to be thinking about it at the moment.
    i hope everyone is getting plenty of rest and enjoying their babies.

Hey, Dh and i were only going to have 2 (before i fell pg with xander, i didnt want any!) Now, just after havign my 3rd, im still wanting to keep going. DH and i want to find a job for him out in strathboagie or somewhere out that way, move out ther, get a big property and have a couple more (i want at least 6!) Im the eldest of 6, and i loved being in a big family. i suppose its each to their own, and generally its all about finances, but i can make it work, mum did it, and dad didnt always have a well paying job. But we always had what we need, and sometimes what we wanted... Sorry, with all the talk about how many kids, i thought i woul jump in!

Hi Junies

Simone - Welcome to our group , you will love it here - a really supportive group Welcome to your little girl - sounds like a little fighter !

Amanda - I just noticed that your little man is a month old !! where is the time going? Seems like yesterday we were all inthe June belly buddies happy that we had started our 3rd trimester ( and now we are in our 4th hehe )

Ali- I could not agree more with you when you say that NOTHING prepares a person for a new baby. No matter how many people told me that I would be sleep deprived and this and that I thought - yeh right , it'll be easy , like in the movies hehe. Its not that easy , and its the biggest adjustment. But then she's sleeping and she smiles in her sleep and I melt and I think - who cares about all the sleepless nights and everything else - This little angel is all mine

I have to say I really admire all of you who have more than one child. To be honest , I dont really think I want another one. I dont think I could handle the stress. I spend most of the night not sleeping just watching Aneta to make sure she is still breathing , or that she hasnt slipped under the blanket. Then I wonder if she's too cold / hot , then I think she's done a poo and she must be uncomfortable in her nappy. .. and it just goes on and on ... I created a new life , and now I'll spend my whole life worrying about her. I suppose its like that with all mothers ...Cant imagine what I'll be like when she's a teenager !

CeeCee - I read your post about the bleeding , and your not replying... so im keeping my fingers crossed because it sounds like this is it for you ! ! ! I was going to sms you .. but your not on the list :-/

Tanya - how are you feeling?? let me guess , pregnant ?? your a trooper for lasting so long and complaining so little , if it was me all i would do is whinge to anyone that would listen.. so well done and hang in there !! Lucas will be in your arms before you know it..

As for me - i had a HUGE fight with my mum last night ( as we all seem to be doing ).. might post about it in the boohoo room. I ended up in tears and she ended up saying Dh and I could leave as soon as possible because she's had enough of us Why cant some people be happy that others are happy ? grrrr..

Hi Dee & Karen & Jo & IK and everyone else ! Hope this thread will be as busy as our pregnancy one!

Welcome Simone I hope that your lil princess will be home with you soon.

Well I've decided that I might talk to DH about #5 soon, will just have to wait and see what gets said.

Better go and finish lunch but will be back later.

hugs xoxo

Howdy all new mummies and the last of our 2 preg troopers!

Aleise has just had her bath and I've layed her on the winnie the pooh playgym on our bed, mum is keeping an eye on her whilst I spend some time on the 'puter in our study!

Gee - talk about little or no ME time! Seems Matt can still be a daddy and have time for his home brewing etc and I am lucky to check emails and finish my pram blanket I started whilst preggers! :eek:

Having another: Not likely for us 'cause my pregnancy was difficult and we wouldn't be able to afford another child on Matt's current wage. Also I'm keen to finish my last 10 subjects at university since I've been a student for like EVER! I can't see myself sick whilst preg with #2 and trying to look after Aleise and the house and working! Face it - not many of us are Wonder Woman!!

However we are toying with the idea of fostering a little boy down the track - if Aleise wants a brother or sister that is. I don't want her to end up spoilt like my cousin (who was an only child) or my ex-best friend who's an only child. I know not all sole children turn out that way but I'm a bit anxious about it!

Hello to Simone and love the name you've given your little girl - I actually wanted to call Aleise "Annelise" but its too long for our surname.

Matt and I have a ball to go to in 3 weeks and I'm trying sooooo very hard not to eat junk food since I can't exercise until August (according to physiotherapist). Its a 1920's theme and I'm thinking of what kind of dress I can sew already! Also will need to get my hair done for it and was toying with the idea of going as a redhead! hehe! It will be nice to get out of the house as a couple once again.

Not much else to report so I'll sign off here. Major LV to Cee-Cee and Tulip. AM your birth goes well ladies!.

Thanks neeny, i was thinking earlier that your daughters name was very similar to mine.. and she's only a couple of days older!

Good afternoon girls... probably just a short one today... two boys sleeping but both due to wake at any minute... Mother gone awol (don't know where, she said she was going out but that was hours ago... oh well, at least she's not sulking or bossing us around... I've had to hide the vacuum cleaner so she doesn't try to use it at the crack of dawn... and last night Wade kept saying "nana go home!" that was mildly embarrassing until I thought to myself "well maybe she might get the message and think about how poorly she's been treating him and us".... but no, she's only spoken to snap instructions today... how can a person be so miserable? I agree Enigma, I think she really struggles to see that her moods aren't affecting us the way she wants, I swear some days her sole purpose is simply to make us all miserable like her, and she's failing.

Uh oh... need to tend to Niall... didn't have time to properly Welcome Simone! Will come back later though...

Well after a long month to collect my thoughts, I have finally done my birth story, yay for me and a spare few minutes to write it out.

Must go got three hungry boys bugging me now.

hugs xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by simone
    Hey, Dh and i were only going to have 2 (before i fell pg with xander, i didnt want any!) Now, just after havign my 3rd, im still wanting to keep going. DH and i want to find a job for him out in strathboagie or somewhere out that way, move out ther, get a big property and have a couple more (i want at least 6!) Im the eldest of 6, and i loved being in a big family. i suppose its each to their own, and generally its all about finances, but i can make it work, mum did it, and dad didnt always have a well paying job. But we always had what we need, and sometimes what we wanted... Sorry, with all the talk about how many kids, i thought i woul jump in!

Hey Simone!!

Thats where I am......Strathbogie is a beautiful area and there are some nice farms,houses for sale atm in the area!
    My messenger addy is in my profile if you want to have a chat.

Hello Junies!
    Great news here Patrick has hit the 3 kg mark! He was weighed this morning and he has grown from 42cm at birth to now 51 cm. it is only a little weight gain compared to the rest of my kids but at least it is a weight gain (180 g in a week!)

Hi Jess
    I was wondering how you were going Good to hear that Patrick is putting on weight Good boy! .. wish someone go so excited when I put on weight hehe

oops.. gotta run , Aneta's awake !!..
    I put 3 new pics up on her site - I managed to get a photo of her smiling ! ! !... I know its not a real smile yet , but hey - makes me happy

Cya everyone!

Welcome Simone- I hope that you find some great support amongst this group. Great to hear that your little girl is doing so well.

We had a much better day here today, Tori actualley fed and went back to sleep twice during the day which meant she wasnt attached at the boob all day. I have to say it was a bit of a relief, meant my poor DH didnt come home to a crying mess again this afternoon. It is funny how emotional it can get when you think that you are not doing something right...........when in reality things are going just fine, but at the moment that it happens you cant see past the moment.
    I actualley managed to do the dishes, bake a cake and entertain visitors today....feeling much better about it all.

Anyway I had better go and have a shower, might have an early night as Tori is due to wake for a feed around 10 and I just dont think I can last that long!

Sending LV to cee_cee and Tanya.

Hi all! We're still waiting on Cee Cee and Tulip?
    I have my angel on my lap, making the cutest sleepy noises It feels like he is an interactive toy - I'm so in love with him! DP gives the baths and changes nappies during the day, and then has to extract Oscar from me when I just want to spend the whole day on the couch with him on my chest! I need to get out and go for walks now, though - hard when it's freezing out and I'm pretty sure I have nipple vaspospasm...oh, well, must just do it!
    I'm trying to attach a ticker to my profile, but I don't think it's worked...

littlerigger Guest

just popping in to say hi. And that the perfect run has ended.... for now. I think Ryan's having the good old 3 week growth spurt. I'm glad in some ways that I'm not BFing cause I feel exhausted enough and as though all I'm doing is mixing up bottles! Oh well. enough whingng from me. Ryan has finally gone back to sleep so I'm going back to bed. Hopefully I'll fit in personals sometime this week!

Hi All!
    first time posting in here. Nixon & I returned home yesterday after a week and a half in sydney. I had lots of fun catching up with everyone, was very tiring though, and now as of yesterday i have come down with some cold or something i feel like my head is going to explode. Booked into the docs for this arvo. I wanted to take Nixon anyway to ask a few things and get his name on the books (Paed recommended doing that)
    my sister got all upset when i left, we had so much fun every day with our bubs/just laughing and giggling at one another, i think we will be moving back up there sooner rather then later...

Nixon has been great considering we were out and about every day and in a different environment. He is a very spewey baby though and can chuck anywhere between 4-10 spews between one feed to the next. Im sure it is reflux/colic. Ive seemed to lessen the pain with colic releif but still spews just as much.
    I THINK he weighs about 4kg now and its dissapointing that he could be beefing up so much more if he wasnt throwing up so much.......

I was upset to ready in belly buddies that Ronan did not come home last week. Im hoping he came home yesterday or Racs atleast knows when, gee must be hard he has been there so long and you just want to bring your boy home.

Simone- sounds like Annaleise is going extremley well and putting on weight nicely. That would be awesome if she goes home in a week or so. I wonder how you juggle back and forth from hosp with 2 little ones aswell?

DH S##ts me he really does. i felt so terrible when we got home yesterday with this head cold and thought he would just be jumping out of his skin to spend time with Nixon. which he did until he started crying... then saying stupid things like why do you cry for, why are you crying for me.....he just doesnt try and settle him, he holds him and expects him just to stop crying for him. then when i get him to stop crying he wonders why, i tell him this that and the other and then we are argueing that i tell him what to do!

anyway i really should be back in bed, ive only taken panadol so far because i dont know what i am allowed to take bd and all?? hoepfully doc can hep me with something thats safe.

oh bummer if only we realised sooner we didnt have ceecees number...... thinking of you....

Well I read in the July belly buddies that CeeCee will be induced this week end she is hopeing to be holding her little girl by the 10th. So good luck to her and DH.

Tanya is still holding on as well, hopefully she will be having Lucas soon.

Big LV,s to both you lovely ladies and quick labours and safe arrivals of both your babies.

As for us Cody was a bit unsettled last nite and wouldn't bring up any of his wind and when he did he would have a chuck, so I'm really tired today and would love nothing more then to have some more sleep, because now he's sleeping good and I've got the other three to look after.

Nickers I hope that you are going to feel better soon, there are some safe things to take while BF if needs be.

hugs xoxo

Tanya good luck, you will be fine, just think you will be holding little Lucas anytime now.

hugs xoxo

Tanya, good luck, you will do great, Soon you will have your son Lucas Alexander in your arms!!

Ooh how exciting for Tanya, hoping it is a nice quick labour for her.

Well like Nickers this is my first time posting in here too. We finally made it back to Karratha on Sunday after around 7 weeks in Perth and boy was I looking forward to getting back to my own space and creature comforts. The kids were such troupers on the 2 day drive, we only had a couple of crys out of Alex and Gabriella was a star.

The last week though has been a bit of a nightmare, we all had gastro even poor Alex. Think he is still suffering a bit as he did a power chuck last night over my neighbour and I was up most of the night with him being unsettled. DH is back at work today after a month off so we are now just trying to get into our routine.

Alex so far has been a really good baby, touch wood. Very placid. He tends to feed around every 2.5 hours during the day for around 20 minutes, any more then that and he will spew it back up. He is very greedy though, if I don't stop him he would just keep feeding and feeding and feeding....he is averaging putting on around 500 grams every 10 days at the moment which the paed says is fantastic. At nights we find he is unsettled from around 7-11 and then usually he will sleep till around 2 and then till around 5-6, so all in all not too bad.

Welcome Simone also to the group, looking forward to hearing all about Annaleise's progress.

Am exhausted now though and DD is watching some brekky tv so I might go ahve a lie on the couch whilst I can. Ciao.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast