Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #6

Well my poor little guy has got an ear infection, no wonder he was whingy. The Dr isn't too fussed about him not eating much, as long as he's hydrated enough which at the moment he is. I bought him some chocolate custard anyways cos I know he can't resist "chot" and at least it's something

Pooe Gabby teething again sounds like she must have a mouth full the way she's teething all the time. So what's in the SC today? I have marinated lamb shanks which smell fantastic *drool*

LMAO, just need to share this. Noah has tipped out the toy cart on the loungeroom floor. Anyway there is an Action Man in there. Tehya picks him up and gives him booby. She makes this tongue clicking sound when she wants booby herself and does this when feeding her bubba's. So here she is walking with Action Man up against her chest, clicking madly.
    Action Man, come on girl...

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL!! I bet the advertisers never had that position in mind when they were thinking of ways to pitch Action Man to the consumers... hehehe. Maybe that's why he's so tough... cos of all the booby-juice??

Awww poor Zander! At least you have an explanation now, hey Sarah? Mmmm choccy custard.... is he on any meds?
    Got porcupine meatballs going.. smells yum.
    Mmmmm lamb! I lurrrve lamb. Hope yours turns out well.

Gabby's not doing well at all. I've never seen so much drool come out of her mouth. I gave her a biscuit to eat (stupid me!) and, of course, she bit into it an howled! I've run out of bonjela... it's the only tube I've ever bought so not bad! I'm just waiting for Neil to get home because my patience is wearing thin. She's back in bed because she didn't have a very big sleep earlier. Poor chook. Me thinks some panadol will be needed tonight!

Aww Deb, big hugs for Gab and you of course. Maybe Gab needs a dose of Panadol before tonight. But then again she is asleep now. Lucky you. What tooth is she cutting?
    Tehya has been cutting ine of her molars for weeks now and the damn thing just won't come through. Her eye teeth are moving down too.

I so miss not having my sc I really feel like a nice casserole or something hearty and can't be stuffed doing it the old way. LOL. I think you get spoilt having a sc. So easy just to put it on in the morn and forget. Hope your dinners are yummy.

Debbie Lee Guest

SCing is great, hey, Trish? I love it too. Don't know what I would do if mine broke. I should have been sneaky and made 2 meals today. I still have my sister's one that I borrowed for mother's day. I haven't had a chance to drop it back over to her.

Teeth are a PITA, hey? Not sure which teeth are coming up for Gab. She has 4 of the back, big teeth through already (top and bottom) so they must be molars coming through. Either way, she's in agony. She's not sleeping... just grizzling... thought she had crashed (darn it!).

Umm how bad do I feel I stuck my finger in Eizas mouth...something I try to avoid as she bites hard and found ummmm 4 teeth pmsl. Dont think they really bothered her
    Bec
    All this SC stuff makes me hungry although I do have a pot of pumkin soup bubbling away yummmmo

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Bec - gotta love those teeth that just pop up! That happened with a few of Gab's.

Gabby is still in agony. We had a terrible night and all she has done today is cry. I've figured out that her eye teeth are on their way down. The poor chook can't eat anything - even her dummy hurts her. So far all she has had today is milk and a bit of custard. I tried pureed fruit but it just made her scream. I got Mum to come over today (even though I am not working) just because I don't think I could have handled today on my own. Paige is home sick - no good for her, but I'm glad I didn't have to deal with it today. On top of it all, I feel like crap.... lots of nausea (no... I'm not preggo, LOL). I tell ya, when it rains, it pours!

ETA 24 May
    Arrrgh! Kill me now! Gab is stilllllll doing nothing but cry and drool. She's barely eaten today and won't even take a bottle. Going to the doctor in 15 minutes just to make sure it isn't something more serious. She's not running a temp. (thus the reason I haven't gone earlier) but I neeeeed to know if an end is in sight! I have Paige tomorrow and I'm not sure how I am going to cope with a sooky Gabby and Miss Paige all at once! Apparently Paige has been teething badly too. She also spent yesterday just crying and crying... arrrgh!
    Last night was horrible. Neil was up and down vomitting, I was nauseous and tired and Gabby cried just about every hour. Arrrrrgh!!

Ok... whinge over.... I think this week has been a complete write-off. Thank goodness Neil hasn't started his training yet!!

Hey Deb, How is Gabby? Those pesky teeth through yet? What did the Dr say?
    How is Neil? I hope you aren't getting any worse!!

Bec, I am glad Eliza's teeth came through with out much trouble!! How is every thing else going??

Not much goign on here... Violet is teething, I can almost see them through the gums... fingers crossed there won't be too much fuss!
    Not much to report, going to go down the street soon to look for a birthday prezzie for one of my sisters. Also I am helping Mum look for a wedding dress tomorrow arvo/evening! Different!!

Tanya

Hi girls,
    Deb I hope its Gabs teeth and nothing else although you and Neil ound like you mihgt be coming down with something. Nothing worse than having to look after your own feeling crappy but 2 guee that would do my head in
    Tanya :Ohh how fun wedding dress shopping with mum, I hope Violets teeth emerge like Elizas with not too much drama
    Had a crappy week so far a friend lost her partner on Monday and I have been trying to be a good friend to her and her littleys. It puts life in such a different perspective I think I have cried about 4 years of grief out of me.
    Better go ...crying child
    Have a good day
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh no for your friend, Bec! What an aweful thing to have to go through. Good on you for being such a great support.

Tanya - have fun shopping!! Hope that Violet's teeth pop through without too much fuss.

Gab has improved today... still verrrry sooky compared to normal but much better than the last few days. The doctor pretty much confirmed that it was just teething. She developed a slight rash on her bum, legs and arms and he reassured me that it wasn't anything serious because pressing on the bumps made them turn white. He also said that a rash could signify that whatever is wrong with her is coming to an end. He said just to keep fluids up to her and give her panadol (the usual). Her ears were slightly red and her temp up just a little but he didn't think it was anything too serious. He said she looked pretty well and that I should worry more if she goes all limp and non-responsive. So crying and whinging is a good thing... urrgh! Paige is here today and has actually distracted Gab which is good. We got a full night's sleep last night so that has helped too. She still won't eat anything remotely firm but had about half a weet-bix and half a tub of fruit puree' - more than she ate yesterday. I haven't looked at her teeth... will check them out later. Hopefully they have almost broken through the skin.
    Neil is at work.... just a little sore from being so sick. He didn't really move from the couch yesterday - though he was still a big help. I was able to have a nanna-nap while he cuddled Gabby. They both slept on the couch.

Hi Guys,

Just letting you know I am stillalive. I haven't checked in for about 3 days!!! Thankfully didn't miss too many posts.
    Sounds like another round of toothies is happening for us all. Isn't it crappy?
    I resigned on Tuesday soI'mabout to become a lady of leisure again. Yeah right!!!

Hope you are all well. Perhaps one of these days I'll have moretime to check in!
    Fi

Hey Fi ....do you get a 12 week us as well
    Bec

Fi, good to hear from you. Now that you have resigned I'm sure you'll have much more time to get in here How is Jenna going? Hope that she's doing well.

Deb, hope that Gab is on the mend and those teeth are giving her a break. I was going to say eye teeth too seeing as how she has cut all of her molars. The next lot of molars are her 2 year olds. Eye teeth are a buggar. Good that Neil is well enough to go to work, hope that your not coming down with it.

Bec, so sorry for you and your friends loss. It can be very exhausting supporting someone through a loss. Grieving yourself but trying to stay strong for them also. Big for you. Lucky you with Elizas teeth, if only they all happened like that.

Tanya, what a change of events hey, going shopping for your mums wedding dress Hope Violets teeth don't give her too much grief. How are all the girls going?

We have had a shocking week too. Sounds like it was the week for it. We even cancelled swimming. Tehya has been having really high temps highest I took at 39.8 degrees. She's been vomiting still too. Panadol doesn't seem to be doing much for her. Took her to the Dr's and she said her left ear was a little red, but not too bad. She gave her a presciption for anti biotics but left it up to me to think if she needed them yet or not. Because Tehya had a runny nose before all this started she also thinks it may be Roseola, the only way to know will be when the fevers stop if she gets a rash or not. Apparently it is going around alot at the moment.

So all in all a great week. Oh yeah, I got the medicine, just thought it was better to get some started just in case her ear was getting worse, she's still tugging at it a bit so.....

She is STILL cutting her back molars, this tooth on the right side is soooooo swollen it's not funny. Just wish the damn thing would cut already.

Fingers crossed for all bubs to be well next week for us.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Hi Again,

I'm back!! Wow - baby and partner must be out of the house
    Bec - I am sorry about your friend, and all your tears. I hope you are dishing out lots of cuddly hugs.
    Trish - poor Tehya. I hate sick babies. Jenna has a snuffle at the moment, and some really nasty spots on her bum out of the blue, so I'm picking a few more teeth are popping through here.
    Other than that, we are fine.

My next scan is 13 weeks (6th June) at hossy. Its only a dating scan, but I geta picture this time, so hopefully all will be well.

Noone elsetorespond to. My god - I have this terrible typing thing happening at the mo - I am forgetting to space all the time,and I can't be bothered going back and fixing it!!!

Seeya - netball today. 2 weeks to goand then I dont getto play anymore

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - woo hoo for resigning but bummer about the netball.

Trish - poor Tehya!! Hope the meds help. Damn teeth hey? Gotta be the worst part about growing up, I reckon.

We seem to be back in the land of the living. Neil is better and Gab is eating (but still sooking about her teeth... they haven't cut through but they are getting closer).
    We're doing more to the kitchen today. Well... Neil is. He's putting up the arcatrades (sp?) and swearing the whole time. We'll hopefully get the room painted either today or tomorrow.

Geez how quiet is it in here.

Deb, how did the work on the house go over the weekend? Hope that you are all feeling much better.

Fi, yay on getting a picture of that gorgeous bub. Can't wait to have a look. Are you going to find out what it is this time?

Tehya seems to be much better. That rotten molar has cut, now she still has the other side to go though. Stupid teeth. I was looking at her today and spotted a big pussy pimple inside her ear. I gave it a little scratch with my nail, but nothing, then I pushed gently on the outside of her ear and it popped. Yucky, but I bet it feels better now. How does a little baby get a pimple like that, especially there. Made sure I cleaned all of the gunk out of there for her.

We had a pretty quiet weekend. Joel didn't want to play footy on Saturday - which was a shame because we wanted to go and watch. We went up to mums for a couple of hours then came home. Mark was in a crappy mood so he took the 2 little ones into the shopping centre with him. Gave me some peace and quiet, I ended up cooking dinner.
    Sunday another day of bumming it at home. No money to do anything. Marks parents came over for a couple of hours in the afternoon and thats about it.

Hope all had a nice weekend and bubs are good and healthy.

Debbie Lee Guest

Ewww @ the pimple, Trish! Deeeelightful. Glad Tehya's teeth are finally coming through. I agree with you... teeth are stupid! I hear you on the no money, no fun!! That's us atm.
    Neil and his bro will be putting up the tiles tonight... then we will paint. I personally wanted to paint before doing the tiles but we need Neil's bro to help and tonight was the only time he's available... dems the breaks.

Didn't get any work today. They did call me with some... at 8:30am!! Ummm sorry, but that's not enough notice (considering I should have already been at the school!! Grrr!). I told the agency that I need notice so that I can get my Mum to come and look after Gab. Urrgh, something's gotta give!! So, fingers crossed they call me tonight with some work.... or at least earlier than 8-fricken 30!!

Quiet around here is right!!

Poor Tehya with a big pimple like that Makes you wonder where these things come from doesn't it. We had a quiet weekend as well.

Zander now has 12 teeth, 4 top & bottom at the front then his 4 molars, so all that are left are his stomach & eye teeth & his eye teeth seem to be pretty close. I'm amazed though at how well he teeths, not a peep!

ETA: Posting at the same time Deb. Sounds like the school has no idea, why ring at 8.30 when you know that the teacher has to get childcare

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast