Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #7

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww... hope you managed to get some sleep last night, Trish. Are you feeling ok today? Wow @ all of Tehya's new words. Clever little chook! Yay for getting some scrapping done too. You'll have to take a photo to show us.

We had playgroup this morning. Our last one for the term. Gabby takes a while to get into it and normally doesn't start playing properly until it's almost time to go! LOL She cracks it because we have to put away all the toys that she's just "discovered" at the 11th hour.
    Her day nap has now pushed back to 12pm which is good (better than 11pm). I can now give her lunch before going to bed rather than at 2-3pm which just seemed so late.
    She's still having 2 bottles - one in the morning and one just before bed time. I'll probably drop the morning bottle in a couple of months. At the moment I give it to her out of sheer laziness, LOL. It buys me an hour or so before I have to start functioning for the day and actually feed her some weetbix. I've tried giving her milk through a sippy-cup and through a straw but she refuses to drink it. She likes the bottle. She'll happily drink water from a sippy cup tho. So I'm not going to force the issue quite yet. I think I'll wait until she's closer to 2 before worrying about swapping from a bottle teat to the sippy cup for her milk (assuming she is still having it by then).

Yeah Deb I wouldn't stress too much about the whole bottle of milk thing. Atleast she is till drinking it for you. LOL @ poor Gabby not wanting to pack up. sounds like she was just gettigng warmed up I give Tehya a bottle of milk throughout the day, sometimes I just can't be bothered to sit down and feed her. OMG how bad does that sound, I'm not talking about food, just bb. Didn't get much sleep lastnight. Tehya woke around 11.30 just as I was going to bed. Stomach is still alittle off but no more toilet runs Hmm hope I'm not speaking to soon.

Tehya had a fairly decent sleep today and has gotten up in a better mood thankfully. She has a snotty nose again!! Poor buggar tries to have bb but has to keep taking her mouth off to get a breath.
    Tehya is so funny, she see's something amiss and goes, umm how do you type the sound you make when you take a big breath in ?? She's started spinning herself round in circles too, or standing up and looking through her legs, looks too cute, well, til she falls over that is.

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL... sounds like she is quite a character! A little entertainer. Gabby would have fun watching her... she's more of an "observer" LOL.
    Bugger about getting a crap sleep last night. That's not fair when you are not feeling well!

Nah Deb, I'm sure gab would go and play, Tehya would make her LOL, we were visitng Nadine this morning and Tehya goes up to Kayla and says "Allo" and then gave her kisses, see even a 4 month old can't get away LOL not like she's able too anyway.

Hi Guys - So where is everyone anyway? Seems like only a few of us posting these days?
    Tanya - I hope all is OK in your world.

Jenna just gave herself a black eye She was running around, jumped inside her playtent and there was a truck in there from last time. Well guess what her head landed on! Poor thing gets sooooooo clumsy when she is tired!! Ratbag woke up at 5:00am and wouldn't go back to sleep after her feed. I was getting rather sick of being kicked in the head, but we tried to ignore her. When she started slapping Shane in the face we figured she REALLY wasn't going back to sleep. So early napfor her today which works well as we have an open home today at 2pm that we have to bug off for!

PMSL on the playgroup Deb - I am going to take Jenna hopefully to the Newcomb one next term. Hopefully! If they have places and all that jazz. if not, our MG might have to start one up. Which wouldn't bethe end of the world as there are 8 of us still meeting fortnightly, and all the babies play very nicely together.

What a hoot watching tehya spin around Trish! They are all getting to that cute age - well cut until the tantrums start!!

Better go and clean up - and get the roast pork ready for tonight.
    Fi

Fi, yeah looks like everyone has left us in here. Too busy posting everywhere else
    Ouchie on Jenna's eye, hope that it's ok. Tehya falls over or walks into things alot too when she is tired. How did your open home go today?

Tehya has already started on the tantrums, but thankfully so far, they are easy enough to distract her from.

Tanya, yeah girl, how are you doing?? How's little miss Violet going? And the big girls too of course.

Not too much happening here. Mark took the kids out to his nephew Thaisens 1 st birthday today. He will be 1 on Tuesday, the same as my nephew Ned. I, on the otherhand, went scrapping again Made a box album with a pretty well know scrapper Jen Hall. Still haven't finshed btu as soon as I do Iwill take some pics and put a link to them fas well as the 3d box I did on Thursday night. I finished that with the last coat yesterday. And we booked in for another class on Mon 26th. YAY, I'm finally going scrapping again

Debbie Lee Guest

Woo hoo for getting back into the scrapping, Trish. It's always good to have a little "me" time. I've been trying to do a few pages too... but I am making a little scrap book for Paige. Her Mum has seen mine and liked it - though she said she'd never be able to do it herself. We all know that's a load of piffle (if I can do one anyone can! LOL) but it's not everyone's cup of tea. Naturally I have stacks of photos of Paige and Gabby playing around the house so I thought I'd whip up a simple scrap book and give it to them before we move. They don't really want us to move... new friendships and all. From that POV, it sux. Some days I really just want to stay in Geelong and make Neil commute, LOL. Not gonna happen!

Fi - ouchies 4 Jenna's eye! Nice shiner, hey? Good job with looking into the playgroup. I'm so glad that we go. The ladies are lovely. It's a bit churchy but not too OTT so we can handle it. Good to hear your MG is still getting together which is great. Ours sort of does but not as a big group. Ah well. Hope the roast pork was delish!

Gabby didn't have a nap today! Oooer! I tried to put her down but she just wanted to play. Mind you, she didn't get to bed until midnight last night because we were at my sister's for her birthday (I know.. irresponsible parents... but she was playing happily and we didn't realise the time!). Annnnyway, we got a sleep in until 9am. Even then, Neil got up to her (I didn't hear him get up, nor did I hear her cry out) and I got to sleep until 10:30am!! Woo hoo! So I don't think she really needed a nap. She was off to bed early tonight tho so what's the bet she wakes at the crack of dawn?

Week 3 of Neil being away. Apparently they are having some kind of family day on Sunday so Gab and I have to head up to Hammo (that's what we are calling it now) for the weekend. Not sure how we are going to get there. Last time we took my car it cost us $100 one way!! Arrgh! Piece-O-Crud. I was going to ask my friend if I could borrow her car while she was in Thailand but they've already gone. I could catch the train I suppose... might look into that.

Deb, the little album sounds like a great idea, very sweet of you. Maybe you should make 2, one for Paige's mum and 1 for Gab YAY on the sleep in too. Hope that you had a great night out at your sisters birthday and made up for being irresponsible

Family day will be nice, don't know how you will keep Gab still on the train, how long is the trip. Sorry i have no idea when it comes to suburbs in Victoria.
    Fingers corssed the Gab slept decently for you.

We got an average nights sleep, you know, one that has you awake 3 times for 5 minute sucks of bb, hair pulling, farting (tehya, not me). Well, thats an average nights sleep for me.

It has been so peaceful here. Well, since Wednesday. Had a big arguement with Joel and he decided to get physical, IYKWIM. Anyway I called Mum and she cames down and decided to take him back to her house for the night. HMMMM, he's still there. Seems that he's enjoying being there. And why wouldn't he, Mum does everything for him apart from wiping his butt. I asked him lastnight when he is coming and home and he said he doesn't know, it's peaceful up there. I think the whole point of him going up there has been lost and now he thinks of its just a holiday.

Anyway, probably shouldn't go on about it in here.

Hope that everyone had a great weekend

I girls, I am ok.... just trying to keep away form the computer!! I was getting that was that I thought I might decompose in front of the darn thing!

Violet is good... nearly had 6 teeth!! Sheesh it is taking a long time! I suppose one way to look at it is they have less time to rot before her second set j/k!! She is actually getting to like brushing her teeth... well she is better than when I started!

Emily and Alecia are good too Alecia's best friend moved to Echuca, so she was upset at the end of semester. She wanted to go and visit, and I said I would think about it. Anyway, yesterday at almost 10am I told her to get out of bed... to which she replied, but it's holidays! Anyway, she gets up and lays on the kitchen floor and carries on. So she isn't going to visit her friend!! Tough titty!!

Ummmm... Wato is good, he is waiting for work to start up agin, he works 2-3 days a weeks, so I had to stuff around with centerlink!! Grrr... dumb asses!! Hopefull Wato will be back to working 5days (at least) in the next couple of weeks!

Brrr it's cold!! Coldest days of June on record here! -6!! Brrr and a frost almost every morning!

Anyway... I am sure there is more I need to catch up on, but I can't think atm!

Tanya

Yay Tanya for checking in - I'm glad eerything is OK withyou - except for the normal teenager issues of course!!!
    Day 2 of being home alone. Shane checked intowork yesterday. He has a full clearance, and turned up for work, and they told him to F*** Off!!!!! So hopefully that will get sorted out soon. If nothing else, it might mean he finally gets his redundancy as they can't keep him off site for more than 7 days, but on the negative side - it means we have no money coming into the house. We are pretending that I'm on holidays this week and thats where the money is coming from, but hopefully it wont drag on for too long.
    I might have to go into centrelink too!! Get myself back onto the parenting payment.

Deb - have a safe drive up to Hammo - Given that I come from Hamilton (albeit a different country's one) I affectionately know mine as Hamil-hole. Its got a lot better than since I grew up there - a big cafe scene, and very boutiquey, but certainly not that way growing up!!

Trish - bloody children!! I am dreading having my own teenagers. Its bad enough with Shanes. He goes to his sons footy every week, and is ignored every time. Now his 15yearold has dreadlocks. Lovely I'm sure!

We are all fine here other than that. Jenna is an absolute sponge at the moment. I sang twinkle twinkle to her a couple of times yesterday, and she already knows it!! She makes a little triangle with her fingers for the diamond. And this morning - I went "Shhh" to her, and she put her finger up to her mouth. I have NOOOOO idea where she learnt that one from. Not her father thats for sure!!! Probably tele.

Fi

Fi, LOL on the dreadlocks. My big boys are going throught the feral hair atm too. Shame that Shane is getting ignored. Still atleast he is making the effort to go to the games, far more than what Joels Dad does. Lets just not go there.... Buggar about Shanes work too, hope it all gets sorted out for you guys soon. Perfect timing hey!!!

Tehya is a right sponge too, have to be very careful what we say in front of her now. Yesterday we learnt 2 new words, Duck (yes the yellow kind) and ball. Today she is saying Pop and working on biccy (sp).

Tanya, you can keep your horrible weather girl, Thats far too cold for anyone, I htink the coldest day we've had so far is around 12 degrees and that was bloody freezing.
    Sounds like your going to have fun these holidays, it's always good when they have a friend you can send them to [email protected] Violets teeth not getting a chance to rot. Ahh the positive side hey Fingers crossed that Wato's working more soon for you guys too.

Well, I have a sick baby again today. We were up at 3am wiht her vomiting, she didn't even ask for a feed to go back to sleep with and normally that s the only way she will crash out, then again between 5.30 and 6 am, had a little feed after that one and another spew by 6.30 this one she had something to bring up, everywhere. I wasn't going to bother taking her to the Dr's. Probably viral and nothing they can do but she just wouldn't stop vomiting so I took her down and he said if she keeps going at this rate she will have to be admitted to hosp for IV rehydration.
    Thankfully, so far she hasnt been sick for a couple of hours.

She's in bed asleep now, probably the best place for her. Plus it gives me a break

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - awww poor Tehya. Bloody hell.. the poor child has had a rough trot with illness! Hugs for you all. Hope she gets better soon and no more spews.

Fi - LOL @ Hamil-hole. What a crack-up! Glad it has improved since tho. Clever Miss Jenna with all her new tricks. They are amazing little creatures, hey? Hope everything gets sorted with Shane's work. Bastards!

Tanya - good to hear that all is good (except for Wato's work arrangements... hope they improve). Oh dear... can I say I am not looking forward to the teenage years?? LOL Sounds like you have your hands full there. Yay for Violet brushing her teeth. Gab is getting good at it too. She'll let me have a little go and then she'll do some brushing herself. Sometimes we brush our teeth together. It's sooo cute!

My sister hung out with us today. We did a bit of window shopping then met Paige and her Mum down at one of the playcentres. Gabby is getting more and more confident at those places which is good and bad... it means she tries to wander off where all the big kids are and gets knocked over in the process. Still, it was nice to see her having fun. She bombed out in the car on the way home and is still asleep. Guess I should wake her if I want to get to bed at a decent hour tonight.

Update on Tehya, vomiting seems to have stopped but has been taken over by the runs. Ahhh it never ends hey. Still she seems ok, Still happy enough, albeit abit quieter, not that I'm complaining about that, just a shame she has to be sick to be quieter.

Deb, sounds like you had a good day. YAY on Gab crashing out for you. Must've been tuckered out poor chook.

Debbie Lee Guest

Glad to hear that Tehya is getting better. Not sure if the runs are better than vomiting tho... both pretty gross! Poor little chicken. Hope the other kids don't get sick aswell (or you and Mark for that matter).

Neil is having an ok time doing his training. I think he's a little bored. It's a lot of sitting around. Apparently they allowed half a day for each module they have to do and they are getting through each one in an hour. They've had paper-plane making competitions and have kicked the footy around for hours on end. It's certainly not what he is used to! I told him to make the most of it. Still... I guess it would be boring. Sounds like Uni, LOL.

LOL, Deb, atleast he is spending some time team building Hows the week going for you? Boring for you too???

Tehya decided to give me a cuddle from behind tonight, I was sitting on the loungeroom floor and she came up and cuddled me, all sweet. Well, so I thought til it got very warm. Yep, she spewed all over my back, a big one, yummy, thank God I had my dressing gown on and it went on that. All washed and dried again now, thanks to the clothes drier.

Ahh the joys of being a mum

Debbie Lee Guest

Ewwwwwww!! Oh my gosh... the things we do!! LOL

I'm ok actually... not bored at all. It's nice to be able to tidy the house and not have Neil mess it up!! LOL I can eat dinner when I want to and come and go as I please.... not that he's demanding or anything... but, uno, our world kind of revolves around them when they are at home. I'm kind of enjoying the solitude. I can be a bit of a hermit at the best of times. AND I get the WHOLE bed to myself, LOL.

LOL, Love having the bed to myslef, although Tehya always ends up in it. I was a single mum for around 6 years and let me just say sometimes it was just so good not to have to worry about anyone else other thatn the 2 boys. I could come and go when I wanted, not have to get anyones "approval" on anything. Then of course there was nobody there to share Brandons first steps or things like that.

Enjoy your solitude hun, and make sure you take some time and have a nice, hot bubble bath when Gab is in bed without anyone expecting you to dirty your body the minute you get out

Tehya had a reasonably good night, of course she woke up but the were no vomit episodes, or this morning....Yet......

Hi All,

Yuck on the baby spew down the back Trish!! Hopefully it was more a liquid one than a food one, or is she still eating OK? I hope she starts feeling better really soon.
    I have had lots of spew experiences with Jenna, but the best one was when she filled my ear with her mess. Charming.

It is nice to have a bit of space huh Deb? And you are lucky that you have family to come and help out. How do you reckon you will go moving away from them? Might be pretty hard huh?
    As for Neil - well being an operator on a 24hr plant is a bit like that. I found as long as you kept doing all your logs, and kept all the equipment running, we were able to have about 4 hrs free of a 12 hr shift. During that time you could be constructive and go learn about different parts of the plant, or you could be lazy and sleep (night shift), eat (thus lots of shift workers are fat!) sit around talking, or read! Oh - or play computer games.
    Its par for the course. It makes up for the nights where there are process problems that have you running around chasing your tail - allllllll night! Tell neil to get into it and enjoy this part of the new lifestyle!

Jenna hada shocker last night from about 1am. We have no idea why, but the poor thing was screaming so hard that she wasalmost going into convulsions. She was warm (we dont have a thermometer) so I took her nappy off, put her in a pair of pants, put a hat on and told Shane to take her for a walk upthe road to cool her off a bit. She screamed the whole way!
    My guesses at the time were teething, tummy pains, or UTI. We gave her some panadol, and after about 30 mins she calmed down enough to come to bed with us, and then started up again. I gave her booby (thank god I'm still feeding) and finally she dropped off about 3:30am.
    We were almost ready to take her in to emergency. It was quitescary! But this morning, absolutely no problems. She had a huge breakkie, lots of water, and is happily bouncing around the place chasing the cats! What goes on here?

So hopefully she wont get worse otherwise I'mnot sure how we will get an appt withthe dr at this late stage of the morning.
    Can you believe I'm doing this all again?

Fi

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast