Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005

Ohh Deb,
    Hope you feel better soon, we missed you today!
    I'm a little under the weather..not gastro alkehio.
    At least missy is on the mend
    Hope everyone else is well, I promise personals tomorrow when Nickel the pickle isnt home.
    Yeh I love warm days and a pool and drinkies. Sorry Fi for staying so long.
    Bec
    PMSL well we are 9 months do we go to another thread?

Hi all

Poor you Deb, nothing worse than cleaning up spew when you feel like spewing yourself... YUCK!! I hope you are all much better today. Great to hear that Gab is handling it alright tho.

Fi, I hope your cramping stopped! I hope w/e was a relaxing one... you deserve it

Bec, glad to hear Eliza is getting better, lets hope it continues.

Dee, I am sure you are emotionally tired! It's easy to put it down to other things, like pregnancy, or a baby keeping you up at night, but having lost a pregnancy, I am sure, can be very tiring too... take it easy... heaps of hugs.

Violet is doing a bit better, still up earlier than usual. She was upset yesterday, but I gave her some teething relief stuf and she seemed ok.
    Went to my sisters church for their christmas thing... they had a jumping castle... Didn't see Emily until Santa arrived!! lol... her latest thing is jumping castles... she loves them!

Hope you are all doing well
    Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - good to hear that Violet is doing a little better. LOL @ Emily disappearing all day - yay for jumping castles!! Yay for getting your hair cut. You'll have to show us some photos. Gab's swimming lesson on Saturday went really well. She full on kicks and splashes with her hands now and no more crying! Yay! Last lesson next week Although... Fi told me what they do at Jenna's swimming lessons and we have been ripped off! I'm going to a different pool next time, me thinks.

Bec - a little hungdydover hey? Hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you had a great day. I was sooooo peed off when I got sick. I was looking forward to our get-together (and a few champers ). I had made a great, big platter of slices to bring and even a yummy pasta salad. What a waste! Neil and Mum ate most of it yesterday while my stomach churned, LOL. Yay for 9 months for Miss Eliza!!

Dee - I agree with Tanya... you are probably emotionally tired. Having a snooze during a movie is probably really theraputic (or could it be that I don't like Star Wars movies??? ). Hope you are doing well, matey

Zola - hope you managed to sneak in a Nanna nap yesterday. Hey... and don't worry about being crap with the personals... just so long as you pop in every now and then and let us know how you're doing

Soooooo hot and yuk today. Looks like we might get a cool change earlier than expected tho. Lots of dark clouds and wind.

Gab and I are feeling better. I have a headache and AF made her nasty appearance but, hey, at least I am not hurling my guts up, hey?

I rang Harvey Norman today to see when they have Santa photos and they do them on the weekend. Yay! So Neil will be able to come to see Gabby's first photo with Santa. It also means I won't have to go into town. I loathe town at this time of year!

Deb - I`m feeling much better now. Hope your headache improves and Yay that Neil will be able to see Gabby`s photo being taken with Santa.

Tanya - your probably right about being emotionally tired. Glad Violet is feeling better and LOL @ not seeing Emily until Santa arrived.

Bec - Happy 9 months to Eliza, glad to hear she`s much better.

I just thought I'd try again to get a post in.....

Zander is doing really well at the moment, sleep is going pretty well too which is an unusual thing for me to say!! Generally I am up once a night still, but that's ok compared to what I'm used to LOL!

He has almost 6 teeth now - 3 are out, 2 have broken the skin & 1 is just under the skin. Soooo he'll have 4 bottom teeth & 2 top teeth very soon I think.

Crawling is going well, walking round the furniture is great but super scary for mummy & daddy! Eating is a bit of a challenge at the moment - whenever he has lumps he has to stick his fingers in his mouth to feel them!! Pretty gross actually!

I'm very very cranky with my cat ATM though. She has taken 2 swipes at Zander in the last few days. On Sunday he coped in from forehead to cheek, just missing his eye. Yesterday while I was at work & my sister had him, he got it all over his left hand - not good considering the amount of food he gets on his hands, I'm worried about it getting infected.

Bugga, he's awake so no time for personals. I should be able to get on after swimming this afternoon.....

Hey all,

Bec - dont apologise!! It was lovely to have you. Did you go to IL's in the end? And did you walk home?
    Deb - you were missed (and your slice platter..... YUM!) Hope you guys are feeling lots better, and gastro is almost gone. No more AF for me for a few months. It happened last time as well, just when I stock up on all the feminine hygiene stuff - I get preggers. I wont be needing those for another year!!
    Zola - hope you are feeling OK. I hear ya on the tired thing. Its been the hardest thing for me to cope with this time around. Thanks goodness I'm not working.

Tanya - Jenna's came trhough in about 3 days. From when we saw two little white spots, to when the teeth actually broke the surface. Maybe you'll have a similar thing? LOL on the jumpy castle. Wouldn't you love one of those in your back tyard?? Which teething stuff do you give? I've tried the Weleda homeopathic stuff, but I reckon it made Jenna puke. My brother's childcare centre would give their daughter the homeopathic stuff for teething, but they would give panadol and bonjella. Go figure huh?

Dee - hope the days are going OK for you.

Yay on teethies Sarah!!!! All those little pegs sticking up will be very cute in chrissie photos. What will you do about the cat?? Thats not very good huh. One of our cats lets Jenna do absolutely anything to her without even growling, and the other one just gives her a wide berth. We are very lucky I think. Isn't the walking on furniture thing shocking? Jenna gave herself a fat lip yesterday. It looked so funny. Bad mummy and daddy for laughing........
    Once they learn to fall on their bum its OK, but while they sort of slide sideways, ohhhh so many bumps on the noggin.

We had the MCHN yesterday. Jenna is only 8kg, which surprised me, but did brilliantly on all her developmental milestones. It seems we are doing everything right which surprised me!! Oh - except I have to drop a feed. Apparently he's only allowed 3 feeds a day now, and no more 4-5am feeds. Pooh to her. I'll feed Jenna whenever she wants it. The MCHN said congrats for being pg, and didn't make a single comment about still breastfeeding. I was shocked!
    Jenna had BBQ lamb last night and peas and cucumber and rockmelon. Very happy baby.

Boiye!
    Fi

Hi all,
    Fi: Yeh I did walk home, Eliza fell asleep which was good as it was an excuse not to go to dinner with the IL's, it didn't stop them from calling in on the way home ](*,).I'm suprised at her weight, Eliza is just over that but you know different bodies.
    Sarah: Tsh Tsh on the cat, we have been lucky so far. Our cat is old and doesn't seem to mind. Yeh for the teeth hope they have been a smooth addition.
    Tanya:Yeh jumping castles, oohh I can't wait till I have to go on to get Eliza off..lol. As for the teeth hope Violets pop up without too much discomfort.
    Zola:Congrats on the news
    Dee:Hope the Ball game didn't end up ww3. Hope Matty is well. Good luck for tomorrow.
    Ok we have another tooth..top one and the other should surface tomorrow. Other than that not much can't wait till tonight..we are going to do Eliza's photos for our chrissy cards, she has already sucked the antlers and pom pom. Oh well it is christmas after all
    Hope everyone else is well.
    Bec

At swimming we discovered it's actually 8 teeth :shock: 4 top & 4 bottom!

Sounds good about Eliza's photos. I took Zander's a few weeks ago (it's on his website) and it turned out great

Zander's santa photo had no teethies in it Fi, he wasn't looking at the camera when I took the photo. Buuut it is a gorgeous photo. It's really weird Zander can chase Bear (the cat) around all day long & she'll just run & hide, but for some reason the last two days when he hasn't even been doing anything she swiped at him. She's old too - just turned 12 last month. Poor Jenna with a fat lip Hmmm at only 3 feeds a day, Zander has 4 a day still too.

Good luck with Santa on the weekend Deb, hope it goes well.

LOL at Em with the jumping castle Tanya!

Heya girlies and babies

Wow Sarah, Zanda sure has a lot of teeth. Have you tried clipping your puss's claws? They only need the very tips off them to make them a lot less sharp! Chamba, doesn't care what the kids do to him (I think it is the bast thing about the Birman... sooo placid), Mod-Z on the other hand HATES the girls and has scratched Emily on many occasions.

Bec, have fun getting some Chrissy pics of E,iza, I hope you get at least 1 good one

Fi, Violet is stiiill teething. Not as bad atm, but still a bit grumpy, so it's been about a week now. I can see lumps at the back of her gum, but not at the top of her gum yet... so I think they will still be a while #-o
    So the MCHN says three feeds huh? Stoopid woman!! Violet is still having 4; 7am, 11am, 5pm and 8pm (or there abouts) I think your MCHN is too stuck on rules! go with Jenna, she knows what she wants not the MCHN!

Playgroup break up yesterday, Santa came along and gave out pressies. Emily got a bit sunburnt, I'm a bad MUm, forgot to put sunscreen on... it was hot, windy and sticky... bluh!
    Been a bit tired still, and been having a few headaches, I think I am not drinking enough water... norty me!
    Going to Shep to get my hair done tomorrow and do a little bit of Chrissy shopping
    Alecia's old primary school has their concert tonight, so I think we'll pop along, the girls will love it. PLus Santa will be there... poor Emily will be so confused with all these Santas!!

Tanya

Oooh Tanya - tired and headaches?? Maybe feeling a little queezy?? Trying to hint about something?

Wowo on 8 teeth Sarah!! Its oonyl now that we realise that they are growing up so quickly. Dont ya just want to hit pause for a couple of months? I'm not looking forward to the top teethies. More for her to bite my bbs with. Myabe Bear isn't feeling well atm?

Yay Bec on the peaceful Sunday night. Did you have a hangover?

Shane is insisting on a nap, and thinks Jenna needs to have one with her. She is in there screaming - but oh well. His problem!!

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL @ Shane trying to get Jenna to nap with him, Fi. Sooo cute! LOL @ getting preggers after stocking up on AF gear. That happened to me with Gab. I went out and bought a whole bunch of stuff cos I swore I felt her coming! Even the HPT was done just to bring dear old AF on.... always the bloody way! (and I mean that in the "oh darn" sense... not the literal "bloody" sense... 8-[ LOL ). As for dropping a feed... Gab is still on 4 milk feeds a day too. I have been diluting her afternoon feed (the 3rd one that will get dropped... hopefully after Chrissy) but that's because she won't drink much water. Ah well... uno the drill.... the MCHN has no idea! It doesn't surprise me that Jenna is only 8kgs... she is soooo active.. she doesn't have time to put weight on, LOL.

Sarah - OMG @ 8 teeth!! That's a whole lotta teeth! Well done, Zander! Grrr @ the cat bashing Zander up. It won't be long before he'll be able to get his own back tho! The minute Zander starts walking, he'll probably start wandering around with the cat under his arm... or holding it by the head, LOL. Maybe the cat knows what it coming? We had a cat when we were kids... Maggie. She wasn't the sort of cat that ever got picked up. But Erin used to wander around holding her by the neck! She was the only one that could get away with it. They had a special bond.... both psycho, I'm sure

Tanya - hope you feel better soon. Yay for Santa giving out pressies at playgroup. Gosh it must have been fun to watch. I can't wait until Gabby gets excited about Santa. Right now she'd probably just try to pull his beard off (it's what she does to Daddy all the time). Ooopsies @ Emily getting sunburnt. You can't remember everything tho! Have fun @ the concert.

Bec - woo hoo for Eliza's toofies!! Clever chicken! Any wonder she wanted to suck on the antlers. They probably made her teeth feel cushy for a little while. Have fun doing your Chrissy cards. I haven't bothered with them this year.

Dee - how are you going, matey. Been thinking of you! How's Matthew going?

Ok... you guys HAVE to go and check out Gabby's portaits. I got the CD back so I have all the photos that were taken. Some aren't worth it but there were a few that were just adorable. There's one of Gabby and Neil and she's looking up at him and he's looking down at her. SO cute! Then there's one of her snuggling up to me and it looks like she is saying "Awwwww" because she has her mouth open. I am going to get them printed up and frame those rather than the posed ones. Mum and Dad will have the posed ones at their places.

Had a full-on day today. Gab slept until 9:45am this morning! But it was good because we headed to Werribee as soon as she woke up and hung out at my old school for the day. Gab loved playing with all the kids. My old students have all grown soooo much! Gosh I miss them soooo much! And my little boy that couldn't speak English at all last year?? Well, you wouldn't know it now! He was speaking fluently! His teacher was rather surprised to hear from me that he barely knew a few words just last year. SO nice to see. I tell you what, visiting the place has made me more confident about going back to work next year. Even if it is just one day to start off with. I am sorta looking forward to it!

Ok... gonna shut up now! hehehe

Oh Deb,
    The pics are gorgeous...you and Gab oohh it is cute
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

Fanks, Bec I think so too.... only a little biased

You are right Deb, those pics are sooo cute!

Went to get the hair done... aahhhh... much better! So much lighter.
    I also got a $105 parking ticket!! I had to pick up some bulky stuff from Target, so went to the loading bay. There was a semi in their and a car parked beside the drive way so I pulled up a little bit away in a loading zone cause there was nowhere else to park... I was gone 2 minutes MAX and there is a parking officer ticketing my car! GRRR I am going to write a letter... not happy! There was noone loading in the loading zone, which is 20 metres long. Oh well.

Tanya

Tanya;Oh yuk, pretty pricey for a ticket too, puts a bit of a dampener on the day.
    Weeeellllll,
    This morning my not so Dear Husband more like a DH, forgot to snib our sliding door to the back and miss clever decided to push it open and tumble down the stairs...brick stairs. She has an almighty bruise near her eye, I'm sure she doesn't have concusion. Pfffft not sure whether I am going to talk to him tonight!! He has rang to check how she is so that is something. Christmas photos are off ...DHS will see them and come and check me out 8-[
    Hope everyone else is good.
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh no @ the fine, Tanya! Definitely write a letter to get out of it. Bloody parking inspectors! Yay for the hair cut tho!

Bec - omg... poor Eliza! I know which stairs you are talking about. Naughty, naughty, Nick! Hope she's ok. LOL @ no Santa photos incase DHS sees them. You are such a dag!

I have Neil home today with gastro. Lucky for him he hasn't vomitted at all - just had it out the other end. Of course, his work has been calling him all day. Why can't they let the poor bugga be sick in peace?

Poor Neil,
    Hope he is being a "pleasant patient"..lol. When Nick is sick all I hear is BBBBbbbbeeeEEEEEeeeeccccCCCCCCCC. My tummy hurts do you think an icypole?drink?lolly?muffin? ect will make it feel better..Pfffttt as If I know..eat it and see if you spew!!!
    I'm not a patient nurse...lol
    Bec

Poor little Eliza!!!! Jenna and her will have matching bruises I think. She slipped over today and banged the side of her noggin on the windowsill. ARGH!!!! She is sooooo clumsy (and Shane is soooo slow)

Sorry about the ticket Tanya - horrid little parking nazi.

Deb - I hope Neil gets back to work nice and quick for you

Fi

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast