Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #4

Default Babies Born March 2006 #4

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in March 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    sherieb [email protected]
    Lea13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

March '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: *Mitch*
    State: Dunedin, NZ
    Baby's DOB: 1 March 2006
    Baby's Stats: 1660grams, 42cm long, 28cm head cir
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name:Alexa Paige
    Health Concerns: Born at 32 weeks 4 days via c-sect, due to placental bleed & IUGR, spent 45 days in NICU, finally home 16th april.....
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

Forum Name: Bessi
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 05/03/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.75 kg (8.44lb) Length - 51cm Head Circ - 35.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Ezekiel Che (Zeke)
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: n/a
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Jelliebean
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 9 March 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2970 kg or 6p 9onc Length -49.5cm Head Circ - 36cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Luke James
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/r/rogowski/
    Health Concerns: Due to being born 5 weeks early he contracted pneumonia and jaundice.
    Notes: All is well now and we both came home Thursday 16th March.

Forum Name:Jennifer13
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 10 March 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2560 gms (5 lbs 11 oz)
    Length - 48 cm (at a pinch!),Head Circ - 34 cm
    Baby's Name: Lucy Jennifer
    Baby's Website: http://www.babycrowd.com/jr/online/jenniferl13/ (I'll get around to updating it eventually!)
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: First baby

Forum name: Jimssteph21
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 10 March 2006
    Baby's stats: Wht: 3380g (8lbs 12oz) Lth: 52cms HC: 36.5cms
    Gender of baby: male
    Baby's name: Cailan Tate
    Baby's website: None
    Health concerns: c-section, Lost 600grams in hospital, due to jaundice (sleeping through feedtime - Sore (.)(.) for mum!)
    Notes: Has gained weight steadily since coming home. Big brothers are getting used to him.

Forum Name: Bronwyn
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 14/03/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3170 gms, 48.5cm
    Baby's Name: Sienna Catherine
    Baby's Website:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

Forum Name: Relle
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 20th March 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3.43Kg L 49Cm Head Circ 36cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Cooper Jack McMillin
    Baby's Website: None
    Notes: I thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant 2nd time around and meet all of my goals re pregnancy and labour
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

Forum Name: becky23
    State: Tasmania
    Baby's DOB: 31/03/2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8p 15o Length -52cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Declan John
    Baby's Website: http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...John%20Slater/
    Health Concerns: None touch wood
    Notes: Declan was born via emergency c-section because of fetal distress during labour
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Last edited by Astrolady; August 23rd, 2006 at 08:04 AM.

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Bessi Guest

Default I love this site

Hi Everyone with babies born in March this year. I have just had a quick read of the last thread and loved hearing what tricks all your babies were up to. My name is Bessi and my son's name is Zeke. He is a happy little camper and a big fatty (a bit over 8kg)!

Hiya everyone...

Im a bit more relaxed right now....

Went to the movied the other night with a girlfriend for some stress free time... hmm well it would have been stress free if DF had got home on time... Only decided to go about an hour before i had to leave, meaning DF had to be home at 4:30 as i needed to shower and go by 5... he didnt quite make it and it was a mad rush and i ended up looking like crap, no makeup, bonds hoodie and track pants... hmmmmm derro! hahaha So glad my friend was sick and wasnt dressed up either (not glad about the sick part)

anyway... its FRIDAY.... NO work this weekend!

I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow so i have to do some shopping for that tonite while DF is fixing dinner (hmmm im guessing its going to be take away haha). And tomorrow nite Im having friends over for dinner. Should be relaxing. Then sunday we are going to do nothing!! nothing at all! hehehe....

As for Abby Apples..... shes so sweet. Shes so funny in the bath, she tries will all her mite to get me to lay her down and tries to wriggle away from me! hehehe her legs and arms go all over the place and she looks like a frog! She gets this big grin on her face and it stayes the whole time shes in there.

I thought she had a cough and i was getting worried... it sounded bad but only like one little cough a day or maybe 2.... well i found out what it was... the little monkey was sticking her fingers too far into her mouth and it makes her do a nasty little cough!! hehe She slept in with us last night and thats when i caught her doing it. It was so cute, i went to bed at about 12 and she woke up... gave me the biggest grin ever and then started softly talking to us about this and that... then i gave her a cuddle and she fell asleep again...

shes just called out for her mummy, so id better go and give her a big kiss!

hope everyone is doing well...

ivana- hope you get to be a full time mummy soon... its pretty good!

Oh and hello to Bessi... tell us a bit more about you and your little one!

Bessi Guest

Hi Everyone,
    Great to read your message Emz, I hope that u can have a really relaxing weekend. I laughed when I read about your attempt to go to the movies and ended up wearing the hoodie and trackies! It sounds like something I'd do. What did you see?

In response to your request for a bit more info on me and my little man here goes:
    I'm a Sydney girl but have been living in Melbourne for just over two years now. Moved here because my husband has a 9 year old daughter and she's based here in Melb now with her Mum so we wanted to be near her. Don't really know anyone except hubby's ex so sometimes a bit hard with no family or close friends here.

I had my first child on the 5th of March - his name is Zeke and he is a real cutey. Had a good birthing experience overall (only drama was in third stage of labour when the placenta wouldn't come away and I had to have a manual removal... ouch!) I had a drug free 15.5hr labour and couldn't have been happier with the end result a healthy baby and me all in one piece! Can't ask for more really.

I'm really looking forward to this forum in particular to chat with all of you that have babies the same age and can talk about where our little ones are at.

I'm trying to finish my Masters at the moment which is proving to be harder than I thought it would be but hopefully it will all come together and I'll be finished soon.

If people have time would you mind giving me a run down on you and your babies.
    Looking forward to many more chats with you all

Hey! Welcome Bessi! Your little man looks sooo cute

Don't quite know how to give a quick rundown on us. hehe. umm... Tallon was born 10th March, augmented 5hr labour, drug free I think he's the most gorgeous little boy in the world (present company excepted ) He's a very happy little man, he's growing big very fast (where's my little baby gone?!) We havent had any real problems at all.. we're all very healthy and happy.

I'm in the throws of giving up my bookkeeping business, so I can work at home on our other businesses, and be home for bubs. Not that I'm out that much with the bookkeeping, but it's just so hard when all I want to do is be a mum. So when I've finished this financial year for everyone, I'll be finishing up.

Well, I better go get ready.. going shopping to spend some of DH's payrise! LOL. Catch ya's all later

Hi Bessy and Zeke, welcome to bellybelly ummm..... a rundown on me.... I'm Chloe, SAHM to Yasin (21 months) and Imran (nearly 4 months). I prefer bellybelly to housework so I'm on here alot ROFL. We live in Sydney in an area that I like to call Kebabistan...... I'm never good at intros

I'm just killing some time waiting for DH to get home with my car. I'm a bit excited because its my first car!! Now I just need to convince those people at the RTA to let me drive it LOL. We're planning to go to Olympic Park for a swim this afternoon. We decided to skip the winter term of swimming lessons with Yasin because the pool down the road is too draughty but I don't want him to forget so we're going for a refresher. I'm going to take Imran in too because he's nearly 4 months which is the age that some swim schools start them and its nicely heated. I hope I remember to get a photo of his first swim.
    I've been getting the guilts about how many more photos of Yasin I have than Imran. I got some professional ones done at the Morrfew place so I can't wait to see how they turn out. Yasin wouldn't cooperate for a picture of the pair of them so I couldn't get a conventional one of the two of them looking at the camera but the photographer got a great one of him blowing a rasberry on Imran's tummy that I can't wait to see printed.

Sorry for no personals.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hi there everyone!

My name is Relle and my second son Cooper was born 20th March. I have been watching the thread over the last few days wondering how to join in, then I noticed Bessi's post! So here I am and look forward to getting to know you all!

Bessi Guest

I don't know how the rest of you feel but I can't believe how big Zeke is already. I really feel like he's not a baby anymore! Zeke can only roll from his back to his tummy and then seems to be unable to get back onto his back. He's done it a few times but seems to have only mastered the back to tummy roll at this point. What are your babies up to? Zeke seems to be so keen to stand up he has such strong (and very fat!) legs - I'm hoping I'll be able to convince him to crawl first!

Bessi, Tallon is still trying to roll.. hehe. He gets right over on his side.. but gets stuck. I'm sure he'll do it any day now As for standing.. yeah.. he's always pushing up from my lap. VERY strong legs.. and he kicks hard too! LOL. When I'm changing his nappy I cop a few boots to my belly.

His sleeping is erratic. Sometimes he sleeps right through for about 8 or 9 hours, other times he'll wake up between 3 & 4 for a cuddle and feed.

Welcome Relle too! yay! More people! hopefully it won't stay quiet in here We're all a bit guilty of playing with our bubs too much and not keeping in touch! hehe.

Well, Tallon's worked out a way to get out of tummy time... by rolling over! yay! I left him on his tummy in his cot while I washed my hands after a nappy change this morning, and when I came back, he rolled over! (and sconned his head on the cot.. hehe). I took him in to daddy in our bed, and he did it again for daddy! He did it with such ease, it's like he's known how to do it all this time, and was too lazy to do it. Little monkey. And he's just soooo close to going from back to front too.. just his arm underneath him gets in the way and he can't quite get over it.

yay!

Looks like I'm talking to myself today! LOL. We just had our first outing in the hugabub facing outwards! It was really good. He freaked out a little bit to start with, I think coz we were in Coles and I guess he felt like all these people were coming towards him. But I kept talking to him and held his hand, and made sure daddy was in his line of sight, and he got used to it really quickly, and was really good for the rest of the time!

Oh.. and he now officially sleeps unwrapped. My little bundle is growing up

Hi Ivana_baby, You are not talking to yourself, I am here!!!!

I fell like a very bad Mum today, reading all of your posts your babies are all doing so much like rolling etc. As Cooper is number 2 and his big brother is a little bit too hands on, I'm afraid his floor time can be quite limited!!!!! (UInless of course he wants to be ridden like a horsey!) I was so dedicated about giving Campbell plenty of floor time.tummy time when he was the same age.

I have been making a concious effort to give him some tummy time over the last few days, and he is doing really well with holding his head up, so must keep perservering.

I have been really wanting to have No 3 already, so it has taken me a little while to accept that I must wait to have another. So it os officially 37 months till we start TTC for No#3!!!!!!!!

Relle - I'm getting very clucky for #2 already. But we're waiting until Tallon is 1 before trying. And don't feel like a bad mum! I've been pretty slack with floor time / tummy time too. I always have him on my lap playing with me. hehe. But I was also thinking the other day about babies in other cultures where they are worn all day while working in the fields or whatever.. they don't lie on the ground much surely! hehe. Babies develop regardless I reckon. I think our society relies too much on timeframes for things, and we like to try and accelerate things too much. I don't really want Tallon to have too many "smart" toys etc.. I want him to learn the old fashioned way by just playing with us, or with simple toys.

Gotta go, have mr impatient grizzleguts on my lap. Needs a feed and a sleep. Be back later!

Ivana_baby, I had better log off for now, I have to go out for a family dinner but hope to have a look in around 9.00 - Ciao for now!

Bessi Guest

Hi Everyone -
    Relle: u r not a bad Mum at all I'd be doing the same thing. Zeke hated tummy time until about a week ago and would only last about 5mins before he would get annoyed with it and give up. He was born on the 5th of March and by the looks of your signature that means he has a few weeks head start on Cooper so I wouldn't worry he'll be fine! I can understand you wanting to have another baby already it's amazing how quickly they seem like they're BIG and no longer have that newborn feel to them! We haven't decided yet if we'll have another one. My husband is 43 and doesn't want to leave it too late so I think we'll make that call in the next year some time.

Ivana_baby: It is amazing how they won't do somethingfor ages and then when they do they seem to master it within minutes!!! Probably practise all their tricks at night when we're not watching and then only show us when it suits them! Tallon is such a cutey!

Zeke does the same thing when he tries to roll from tummy to back, he will throw his leg over and then get stuck with his little arms jammed firmly under his rather fat body and that's the end of that one!!! Oh well I'm sure he'll figure it out soon enough. They are so fun at this age aren't they - so responsive. Zeke sits facing forwards in the baby bjorn now too and loves it. I was just at the shops today and he was smiling away at everyone.

Hi Relle and Bessi! Welcome to the thread!
    My name is Steph, I have 3 boys. Our most recent addition is Cailan, he was born on the 10th of March, he shares a b'day with Ivana's bub, Tallon and Jen's bub, Lucy. I think thats about it. He is rolling from back to belly and thats about it. He has been reaching for things on his play gym the past couple of days but isn't grasping yet. My oldest is 3 and the middle one is 17 months. I look foward to chatting to you both sometime. If you have msn and want to chat I am usually on at nights.
    [email protected]
    Ivana - I am like you with the timeframes. I think they are crap. Every baby is different so there shouldn't be so much emphasis on timeframes. Cailan has rolled faster than the other two DS, but that doesn't mean anything. Also DS#1 walked at 11 months old and DS#2 didn't walk til he was 13 months. You know, you can never tell. My neice has 8 teeth and she is only 6 months old. She got her first one when she was 11 weeks old. My friends bubba had no teeth until he was 14 months! Such a big difference. Babies should just be left to be babies, society wants kids to grow up too fast. No wonder there are 13 yr olds having sex! Sorry I went off there. It just annoys me. 30 years ago there was none of this crap, and I think that we all turned out fine.
    Anyway, I hope everyone and all the bubs are well and happy.

Bessi,

Yes we managed a relaxing weekend... having said that DF did work on sunday but it was from home and he was so relaxed and happy plugging away at his jobs in his own time, so that was refreshing!
    The movie we went to see what The Breakup. How crap and depressing. I thought it was ment to be funny.

As for what my bubby is doing.... Well she can roll from back to front and from front to back. She has only done them a couple of times. It was so funny the first time she went from tummy to her back, she looked like a fish flipping about out of the water. She really shocked her self when she got over! hehe too sweet!

She sleeps from about 9:30pm to 8-9 in the morning so we are very lucky and get lots of sleep. Shes a very fat and happy baby. Wakes up with a big smile on her face after every sleep and shes really easy to keep intertained.

At the moment her fav thing to do is play on her mat... you know one of those things with the toys hanging down? Well i got some extra rings so i could get the toys to be low enough for her to touch. I was really amazed at how this has boosted her hand coordination in just a couple of days. She is so precise now.

Oh! one very cute thing started happening today.... the arms out thing! Yup, arms out when i go to pick her up! haha I went in this moring and as soon as she saw me she smiled, giggled and up went the arms.... had to test if it was for real or not.... she did it again when i went to pick her up. She is so amazing.

Relle- Welcome! Im with you and Ivana on wanting to TTC. Sometimes it seems a bit of a struggle to have to wait. We have decided that we will start to try when Abby is one, but there are a few things that we want (i need to do!) before we start. One is visit my best friend in the states, considering she has announced she will be there another 2 years... so I hope we can do that at the start of next year so i dont have to wait even longer. Im also going to try VBAC so id like some time to 'feel' that im all ok down there.... im so not convinced at the moment. I always feel like one side might just pop open when im doing certain things.... odd and scary.

Anyway, somebody needs a nappy change and a nap.... hope everyone is well and all the bubs are happy!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast