Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #12

Oh man... I really should try to keep up with this more often, however it seems every time I get to this thread (even if I do it first!!!) Oskar decides that he needs/wants me...lol. So much going on.

Bec, it's great to hear from you and that you're going so well. I can't believe you're past the halfway mark... congrats on a little girl!! I'm thinking that I'd like a girl if we have another cos I really don't think I'd have any more after that.

Karina I hope all goes well for you guys.

Ali, hugs to you all.

Cass, what great news about the boys. Good to hear your op went well.

Oskar got himself his first molar!! I almost died. I saw it last weekend when I was tickling him. I saw this white spot and thought..hmmm maybe he has some food stuck on his gum then I thought... I hope he doesn't have oral thrush or anything, so I felt it and sure enough the corner of his right top molar has come through. He was pretty good, sleeping not quite as well, but overall very good. Looks like the bottom on the same side is on it's way through, very red and puffy looking gum. Funny though cos he still only has the 2 top and bottom teeth in the middle at the front...so missing the other 2 top and bottom at this stage..lol. Andy said he needs his mungers for steak that is why he's getting them now...pmsl. Typical male He's still bum shuffling and likes to stand up a lot now but not walking unless you hold both hands. He loves playing Andy's guitar too and is quite gentle with it and plucks away, very cute... might have a budding muso on my hands. Anyway, best be off and do some dinner I guess. I will try to get into this thread more often - as often as the little master will allow anyway!!! to all and hope you're all well.

Hi guys have missed you all have been so busy with business, school holidays and then we all got sick with th same bugs you guys have had (well Ari and I did, Xander and Bob seemed to escape unscathed)

Hope you are all well and all who were moving have settled in.

Life is good with Ari in her big bed, she now sleeps settled until midnight has a feed then sleeps with us until morning which as most of you would know that is HUGE for her! She also did her first wee int he potty! No we aren't toilet training yet but noticed she always does a wee at bath time so we got out Xanny's old potty and started talking bout wees and poo's in potty and tonight i whipped her nappy off and she wandered over and sat down on the potty, then stood up and did her wee (hehe - but at lest she gets the idea right!)

We also had a long talk to our dr about immunisations and we have decided NOT to immunise Ari and more due to the slight risk of developing Autism. we looked at all the research and even through there is little to no "evidence" of immunisations causing autism event the dr admitted he couldn't guarentee it. We may consider it once she is talking and developing normally, I'm not sure but I couldn't risk loosing this amazing little girl, not that I think DS is "lost" he is just his wonderful unique self just as Ari is but I don't want her to lose the amazing skills that she has already and even the dr admitted there are no family studies to examine effectgs of immunisations on families with genetic predisposition to ASD. But I also want to say a huge thank you to every family who does immunise as it is very scarey world having an unimmunised child and it makes it so much safer when so many others immunise. townsville has something like 93% which is awesome

Karina - hope your Dh and mum are OK

Cass - hope your feeling better

Bec congrats on your little girl! How exciting.

Ozzy - wow on oskars tooth, Ari stil has a total of ...... 5 teeth hehe Hey we are coming down in September have to catch up! Ari is still bald as a badger so funny.

Bec congrats on your little girl thats great~
    Cass- Omg a molar already he's doing well!!!

Well i had the most amazing dream last night which i thought id share with all of you! there has been alot of talk around here about babies and when to have another one. and what not! I mean that is mainly what me and my gfs talk about!

Which in turn has made me veryyyyyyyyy clucky! and i realised i really really do want another one maybe two. But then i have my other days were i dont and im not sure and ahhh! Its been a mind boggling few weeks lol!

But last night i had the most amazing dream, we found out this month that we were pregnant (I can test next week :P) anyways me, tim and my besti went for a 6weeks scan checkup and there was two heartbeats! it was awesome! then i had this ultra quick pregnancy (lol it was a dream, we all know that will never happen lol) and then i went into labour with me tim and besti there again. had had a gorgeous little boy and gorgeous little girl! It was so amazing and so life like. I actually woke up feeling like i have just gave birth to my twins!

Pity dreams dont come true becuase that one would just be the absolutle icing on the cake to my perfect family hehe

Ok i better go know i've just rambled on! im doing a great job at procastinating today!!! I have an exam today and the topic is just so boringgggggggg!

Wow Cassie - imagine if your dream really did come true! I hope your exam went ok - some of those nursing subjects can be pretty boring huh?

Sarah - I'm glad that the big bed is working for you! I can't even imagine putting Emy in a big bed yet - she would constantly climb in and out, and would fall out a million times. And she can't even sleep in one position yet - I often find her upside down, with her head at the opposite end to where we put her down, or all squoojed up in the corner! Congrats on your decision about Ari's vaccinations - J and I get rather annoyed with people who just decide that they aren't going to vaccinate, because they perceive that there is no risk to their child of getting whatever disease it is, but then they fail to realise that we have such a small risk of getting those diseases BECAUSE of vaccinations in the first place. If not for vaccinations, there would be huge epidemics of smallpox, polio, measels, etc still, and I reckon heaps of those people would be wishing for someone to come up with a way to prevent the disease in the first place, or to treat it, and still have a good quality of life (say if they got smallpox, and it could be treated somehow, but you were left with the horrible pox marks all over your body - i reckon you'd have a bad quality of life!). Anyway, I hope that this has come out right, and hasn't offended you, because I understand that you have reasons for why you are iffy about vaccinating Ari, and I am glad you talked your decision over with your doctor, before deciding definately.------------Oh, and how cute Ari doing a wee in the potty! That is so funny, that she wandered over to it, sat down, and then stood up to wee! I hope you didn't video it for showing at her 21st though!

Cass - Oscar's teeth are coming in, in a funny fashion! Andy's theory sounds pretty funny about it too!

Bec - Congrats on your little girl! Are you going to let us know what name you have chosen, or ones you are tossing up, before she is born, or will we have to wait? How cute! I can't wait to have another baby!

Well, Emy is getting a lot smarter now! I can get her up in the morning, change her nappy, put her on the floor, and say 'Wheres daddy?', and she will wander off and find him - usually still in bed, but occasionally he is somewhere else! It was funny though the other day, he was in the laundry, and I said 'where's daddy?', and she went into our room, and then saw the bed made, and kept going to look for him in our ensuite! I think she already knows that daddy spends a fair bit of time on the loo!

She is saying Daddy a lot more clearly too! And she is good at pointing at things that she wants - when we have dinner now, I have her in the high chair, and have her plate on the table, and just put small amounts of things on her tray at a time, and if she has finished one thing that she likes, and has had enough of the other things for the moment, she will point at the plate and go 'yes', 'yes'. It is so cute! J was feeding her the other night when I was at work, and he apparently hadn'f offered her a drink, and she stopped eating, pointed straight at her water bottle, and and said yes yes yes, so he gave it to her, and she drank heaps of it! J was very impressed with how smart she is now!

Emy has 11 teeth now - the 8 front ones, 2 bottom molars, and the top right molar. I can kind of see the tip of the left top molar, but it hs been there for a little while, and just won't come out any more!

Anyway, I've rambled enough, so I'm going now - have fun!

Hi everyone...feels like ages since I've been in here and I can't keep track of what has been happening!

We are all going great guns here. Grace is just so clever and cheeky and adorable. She understands quite a few things now and will do things you ask her to. If I ask her to get her shoes..she will wander off and come back with her shoes...I told her the other night to go and get a book and we will read and she wandered off and came back with a book...I asked her to put the book back on the box after we had read it and she did! Very exciting. She still has 4 lonely little teeth but another two are trying to get out, they are just taking their sweet time....I hope they come out soon as she is wandering around with a constantly wet top from her dribbling, poor thing, and we seem to have taken a step back when it comes to her dummy...finally got her off the dummy in the daytime but since this teething has started again she is dependent on the dummy again..not for sucking, she just loves to chew on it. She is constantly chewing on her teddy,...it smells so bad!! lol!! She has started to feed herself her dinner at night, I try to give her as much as I can before she cracks it and wants to help, then the mess starts, she needs a fair bit of help of course but she gets really excited when she gets the spoon and food into her mouth. Her walking is going along brilliantly, she is almost running these days, hence she is far more confident with it too which means a few more tumbles! Have had the odd unsettled night lately but I think that has to do with her teething, plus she had a cold last week so that wouldn't help.

Is anyone else's kids getting night terrors? We think Grace is getting them occasionally, luckily they are not regular but gosh they are horrid when they happen, poor thing.

What are you all doing with your bottles/BFs? Grace still has a morning bottle and an evening bottle..but..she doesn't always drink it all (morning better than night), sometimes it takes a very long time as she just isn't that interested in it at all. We have changed from the avent teats to the avent sippy cup teats on the bottles and she is doing better with that now, but i'm sure it won't be too long before she cuts the morning one out...MCHN said they just need 3 serves of dairy a day so if she doesn't have a decent bottle I make it up some other way...not concerned, just curious as to what is happening in your world of milk. She LOVES her food, so we have no troubles there. Brushing her teeth is another story...she isn't so keen on this since she has started teething, which is a PITA, but we keep persisting.

There are 4 ladies in my mum's group of 8 pregnant now! One is 22/40, another is 19/40, 15/40, 8/40....they keep saying who is next and i'm like don't look at me!! Other than Bec, is there any other ladies preggo that I have missed (too hard to keep up with all your chatter?). Anyone currently TTC? We aren't looking at TTC until the end of the year...definitely have to shift this weight first...it's so hard though!

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, hope everyone is doing well. Can't believe how fast they are growing up. Take care. xx

Cass... wow on your dream! Make sure you let us know after you test!! How weird would it be if it was all true.

Sarah, would be great to see you again! I can't believe Ari is in a big bed. OMG she is so cute with her potty wee. They say girls get it faster than boys. Maybe I should go get me a potty and start the bath time one with Oskar. Not a bad idea considering if he does pee but not in the potty it's only on tiles anyway so won't matter. I completely understand your decision re: Ari's vacc's. I was quite nervous about getting Oskar's last ones done...but as you said, there's no real conclusive evidence either way, it's a very hard decision to make.

Hey Rachel...long time no hear. So great to hear you're doing well and so is little Grace. With the teeth brushing thing... I got this silicone brush from Kmart which is really soft and basically Oskar can chew on it to clean his teeth. They say that even chewing on a bath washer or similar is another good way of cleaning their teeth... so I'm not too worried yet with Oskar as he chews on a cloth nappy a fair bit, especially when he's teething. We still BF and depends on where/what we're doing to how many he will have in a day. He'll have anywhere from only a few to 6 or so some days. He LOVES food and also has a tub of yogurt most days.

Well, Oskar is sick again with a throat infection. It was only a month almost to the day (one day off) since his last one!! Back on the antibiotics which I don't really like but I got to the doc's a day or two earlier than last time so lucky this time we didn't end up with croup so I was happy about that. He's not sleeping very well at night at the moment and the past 2 nights has ended up in bed with me and Andy in the spare. Also, we turn the tv on in our room for light and the past 2 nights if I turned it off Oskar woke up within 5 mins crying EVERY time. So, I ended up leaving it on with no volume cos I needed sleeeeeeep!! No idea what the problem is as he has NEVER slept with a light on, he's still in our room next to our bed. His day sleeps are just as bad, only sleeping 30-45 mins. He has gone to sleep in the arvo a couple of times this week - one in his pram after the doc's for 1 1/2 hours so I had to just wander around the shops...wasn't exciting though cos I wasn't in the mood for it...lol and today for around 1 1/2 hours in the car... I left him in there when we got home. He's in the garage and I just bring the monitor down so I can hear him. Well, that's our news for now, oh and not pg here and well never DTD to TTC anyway...lol. I swear Andy is NOT a male in that respect. Anyhoo, that's it from me.

Rachel, Grace sounds so clever! How cute that she goes and gets the book when you ask her to. With Milk, I am breastfeeding Claire and she always has booby just after waking up and before going to bed. For Daycare, I send two bottle of milk and she akways drinks one, sometimes she drinks both. On the days I am at home, she just has two sometimes three breastfeeds during the day. She also likes to feed herself. I can normally feed her a few spoonfuls of food before she decides to get the spoon out of my hand and feed herself. If I am feeding her something like pasta, I just give her a fork and she likes to hold the fork in one hand while feeding herself with her other hand. She absolutely LOVES toothbrushes. I got her a little one from the supermarket and the brustles are really soft. I give it to her when she is in the bath and she holds onto it and waves it around. When she sees me brushing my teeth, she tries to brush her teeth too. I usually help her with it. She is happy for us to brush her teeth, I'm guessing because we let her hold her toothbrush and let her watch us brush our teeth. She also tries to brush my teeth for me too. She has 6 teeth now. She had 4 a couple of weeks ago and two have recently come up. Her little pegs are so sharp though. She bit my boob the other night!

Cass, poor little Oskar with his sore throat. When Claire was sick with tonsilitis recently, she slept in our bed with us. I was so worried about her being in her own room in case she needed me. Hope he is feeling better soon.

Ali, how cute that Emy can go and find her daddy. Thats so sweet. She sounds very clever. and WOW on all her little toothiepegs!

Cassblob, omg about your dream! I went to see my cousin today and her little bubba. (well not so little as he is 2.5 months and almost the same size and weight as Claire!!) and now I am all clucky. He smelt so nice. I like baby smell! Hope your exam went well.

Sarah, good on you for making that decision re vaxing Ari. I can definately see your concern and reasons for choosing not to.

Bec, congrats on your girl! How exciting! Cant believe your over half way now. That has gone really quick.

Last week we got Claire one of those little sofa things from Target. They were on sale and she LOVES a friends one so we decide to get her one of her own. She loves it so much and climbs on it and rolls on it and tries to pick it up. She loves sitting on it and chatting to thin air. I'm guessing she see DH sitting on our sofa chatting on the phone lol.

I also got a freebie bag from Coles today (from the baby club thing) and it has some cool stuff in it. Some sachet of rissoni which Claire LOVES and it was FREE! I like free stuff.

Thanks Cass and Karina...Grace chews on it in the bath and she is always chomping on face cloths and stuff...we'll just keep persisting!

I hope Oscar is better for you soon Cass.

Ali - Thanks ! hope my dream comes true too! tho i dont think so!
    Exam went good - i think i passed! i hope i passed!

Izzy wouldn't be very good in a big bed either! She would fall out and climb out and around and omg not ready for that just yet! hehe

I do that to izzy to go look for daddy and she'll look around and then put her hands up (like the i dunno sign) and then go off and play very cute!!! hehe. The day i went of to hospital i left before she woke up and tim said when Izzy woke up she crawled all around the house looking in every room to find me calling out mummumumumum, and when she could found me layed down and cried! poor girl! very funny tho!

Izzy tells me what she likes to eat to! and when she wants a drink - we got very clever babies hehe! although she gets quite cranky when i dont listen to her, hehe! lets out a big HERE while holding out her hand its very cute!

Hey Rachel - Grace sounds just gorgeous! I wish izzy would put things back hehe! Izzy is still having 3 cups of milk a day, she has her morning which she drinks all of it, then she has one in the afternoon, and one just before bed. she's usually pretty good and drinks them all. Izzy is another food LOVER, i can't eat without sharing hehe but its so cute when she comes up jumping and saying taaaaa... hehe.

With brushing her teeth: i started from her first teeth, i brought the three stages tooth brush, and just started every morning and night brushing her teeth with the boys, now we are up to the last stage. she still gets cranky when i take the tooth brush away tho, we're still working on that!

Cass - Oh i wish! the dream was jsut so real! but i dont think i am! but then again i dont want to get my hopes up! it would be very cool hehehe! yea i definitly will! Im not going to test until next weekend - partly because i dont want to see a neg! But ill know before then if aunt flo comes

Oh poor oskar i hope he feels better soon! izzy just finished her antiotics for tonsilitis. I hope he gets better soon and doesnt have anymore sickness!!! Omg u never DTD thats like my favourite excersise hehe! ! ! We weren't TCC either it just kinda happened - but soooooooooooo wanted hehe! I think if it doesnt happen this month we are going to keep TCCing... maybe hehee!

Karina - oh kewl, i've thought about getting izzy one of them! She loved playing with it at a friends house! what is there fasination with them!

hope everyone is well! im going to go and watch Dr phil!!!

Karina, I got that bag too... pretty cool huh!! I was like...ohhhh and ooooh and oooooh ...lol.... like christmas really but without the expense

Cass, it's not me re: DTD. Andy just doesn't "think" I want it cos of whatever reason at the time etc and doesn't say anything. I've told him to say if he wants it and if I don't then I'll say so, but ASK DAMMIT!! LOL. I just thought that guys always wanted it? I told him I'm not going to be the one asking all the time nor initiating it all the time so if he wants it then he better get better at saying or initiating...mind you this is NOT new thing...pmsl, he really isn't male is he!?!

Oskar seems to be a lot better today which is good, he slept better last night only waking once. I didn't have any light in the room when I put him to bed and didn't turn anything on when feeding him (quite hard to see in pitch black I tell ya!) and he wasn't worried by the dark so I have no idea what the issue was the two previous nights. Tonight he's been a lot chirpier too, so fingers crossed it is almost gone.

Cass..wow, I wish Grace would drink her milk so well.

Cass...glad oskar is on the mend.

Boy oh boy do I feel like the worst mum tonight. DH is at work tonight so it is just Grace and I. It started with Grace kicking the bowl of food out of my hand and all over the floor at dinner...then she was reclining on the couch next to me drinking her bottle, I turned my head the other way for a second and turned back just in time to see her hit the floor (there were serious tears)...then we got over that and we beeing silly running around the house (she ran off when I tried to pick her up for bed) and she lost her footing and fell head first into the edge of the couch (there were more tears)..if only I hadn't chased her when she was tired! poor thing, I hate it when she hurts herself. Then to top it off she has been so unsettled tonight which I think is due to her teeth...oh dear..hopefully we have a better finish to the evening tomorrow! Night everyone!

Cass - I have the same issues with DP, Im always the one to start its like my ten times to his once!!! and he will tell me the morning after oh i really wanted sex last night im like well why didn't you go for it! geezes do we have to do all the thinkin???

Glad to hear oskar is sounding better! Hope it last! I have two sick little boys now~ both with the flu i would think. hate sick kids.

Rachel - yea she loves her milk, cheese, yogurt, so not like her mother!!!
    Oh u poor thing! poor gracey they were all accidents nothing you dont need to feel
    bad! hope she settles!

Hi Again - wow twice in a month

Thanks for all your supportive comments RE vax. It's such a touchy subject and I wanted to let you guys know.

Ari is such an angle and so clever she is spitting out new words everyday. "up" "out" "button" - she loves pushing buttons. "birds" "pretty"and today was her first "grandma" They are not alwasy easy to deciper but she tries so hard. She plays the most beautiful games, today she collected all her dolls and stuffed animals and was putting them in the stoller and wheeling them around then handing them out to everyone saying "taaa" She just potters around all day - I am so besotted with this little girl. She loves running little errands for us and understands sooooo much. She is getting cheeky though and running off when we call her

Cass - good luck for your dream/testing

Rachel- good to hear from you. No more babies here DH is nearly offically infertile (after his vasecomoy) A lot of the mums in our gymbaroo and mums group are starting to get pg again to but I am nearly almost complete fine with not having more kids. Hereing you on loosing baby weight I have just cracked the 80kg mark (If I weigh myself in the morning standing on one leg :-) Don't beat yourself up over accidents - Ari is forever falling down. As for milk at daycare she has 1-2 bottles plus she still has a BF in the morning when she wakes, then breaky, she will have a BF as soon as we get hom before dinner and then she has about 250-300ml bottle before bed (DH likes to put her to sleep) She also wakes at least once during the night for a feed. As for tooth brushing we just let her chew on her tooth brush, she asks for it when Xander is brushing his teeth so that makes it easier (she also like the vibrating one that DS has :-)

Ozzy - Hope Oskar is feeling better soon. Ari is often like that with noise and lights which I think is why she wakes up as soon as we all go to bed :-)

I tested this morning and it came up Neg with Assurance Plus test.
    If periods still not here by Saturday will test again with Crystal Clear (fingers crossed)

for someone who wasn't TTC, it just kinda happened knowingly IYKWIM; I was hugely disappointed this morning! Hopefully they dont come

Hello!
    Guess what - Still nothing! Still got no period and neg results aghhh! Its a pain in da backside i tell ya! Anyways i just wrote to get us up to the first page hehe! Hope everyone is well.
    Izzy is walking! Well not complelty but we can take 6 steps!!! She doing more each day!

Cass, how frustrating!! Anything yet?? If you still don't then I'd be going to get a blood test. How late are you? Well, that's if you still are.

Oskar is all better now thanks Thank god for that though I tell ya!! Lately he's been waking early morning for a feed (pain...lol) but usually is going straight back to sleep, but he's so much more restless that I'm not sleeping much after this (anywhere from around 1:30am to 3:30am he's been waking) so some days I'm feeling like I'm on borrowed time...lol not as bad as zombie land with a newborn though. Other than that, second molar is ALMOST through (maybe this is making him wake) and he's walking really well behind his walker toy now. Hmmmm, that's about it for now.

hey I was 5 days late... Went to the doctors to get a blood test in the morning, waited that afternoon to get it done (so Df can hold izzy while i go in) and they came just as i got home from the doctors! So the blood test was so not necessary lol! But glad i know now We're going to keep trying so hopefully something happens soon But this time just no testing hehe i hate tww~!~!~!

Glad oskar is better! Hope he sleeps a full night for you soon!

OKay im going to go its really cold out here (im going to go jump back into my very warm bed hehehe!)

Cass, I had to laugh... I've thought that maybe I was pg (like years ago) and tested and it's like it brings AF on!! lol. Like you said though at least you know. OMG I sooooo hate the TWW!! It's like being tortured I swear!

Oskar slept all last night!! Although he stirred and had a little cry around 4ish so I didn't sleep the best after that, but he did so that's good

Speaking of being pg... NO NOT ME!! My friend told me this morning she's 6 wks... she has a little boy a week older than Oskar... how exciting Anyway, best be off as I have to give the boy some lunch and then we have grocery shopping to do mmmmm foooood.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast