Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2005 #2

Default Babies Born May 2005 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2005.

Please leave your details in the same format as those below and your moderator of this forum will get them added for you.

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

May '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby's Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Deejoy17
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 3rd May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4200gms/ 9lb 4oz Length - 53.5cms Head Circ - 36cms
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Matthew Kenneth Ian.
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/d/deeannemark/
    Health Concerns: Reflux until 4.5 months, Atopic Ezcema diagnosed @ 5.5months, now under control with Elocon for flare ups and Elidel to prevent it.
    Notes: 6 days late, born via c/s due to CPD which we only found out about 1 day before the c/s.

Forum Name: moof_mum
    State: WA, Perth
    Baby's DOB: 05/05/05 ( i love typing that)
    Baby's Stats: 5p poz, 48cms lenght
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Hannah Gillian
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b...iful%5Fhannah/
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: 2 weeks early, emergency c-section

Forum Name: rails
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 7th May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7lb 6oz
    Baby's Name: Jesse William
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/r/rails
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: born 1 day early, Natural birth
    __________________________________________________ ________

Forum Name: *Michelle*
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 11th May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 2.660 5 lb 14oz Length 46.5cm Head Circ 35cm
    Baby's Name: Alexander Edward
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/prescott/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Was born at 36wks 6days by emergency c/section.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Juliette
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 21st May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ: 8 lb 1 oz - 52cm - 34.5cm
    Baby's Names: Hannah Roisin
    Baby's Website: working on it...
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: induced due to PIH at term, 19 hour labour, failure to progress due to insufficient pelvis size, emergency C Section.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: *Shannon*
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 25th May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight -7lb10oz (3460g); Length - 50cm; Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Jessalyn Adara Reid
    Baby's Website: http://spassmore1.photosite.com/
    Health Concerns: Biliary Atresia - Kasai performed @ 7w6d; ano-rectal malformation; tethered spinal cord with meningocele; sacral agenesis.
    Notes: 2 days overdue, natural delivery.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Angel
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 25th May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3040g (6lb 10oz) Length - 51cm Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Baby's Name: Kynan Gunter
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babywriggles
    Health Concerns: mild reflux
    Notes: Induced at 37w5d due to high BP and Kynan not moving well or practicing his breathing properly.

Forum Name: Serendipity (Belinda)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 26th May 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7pound 1 ounce Length -54cms Head Circ -34cms
    Baby's Name: Mason James
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none so far (touching wood)
    Notes: 1 day early, they said he was a touch overcooked

Catch up with the old thread found HERE

Love

G'mornin' All,

We're back. Hannah's been up since 4.30am this morning, but has just gone down for a nap (thankgoodness!). It's Tuesday today, and I'm going to try to do the things we have organised (unlike last week when I completely lost it). Mother's group this morning and then swimming.

Last night was pretty funny. I'd been getting kinda worried that Hannah doesn't babble or "talk" much. Last night at about 1am I heard her making some sniffly noises and then out of the blue she just sweetly said "Dada" - so clearly! I know it's not really a first word or anything (she doesn't use it with meaning yet) but it was cute to hear her little voice. She promptly went back to sleep after that.

Thismorning she's been trying out her voice a bit more..yaya and dada and ba and mumum. So cute.

That is so cute Hannah is staring to talk.

Alex has been screaming all morning he heard another baby do it yesterday so that is his new thing to do now.

Thanks Shannon I try my best at being a good Mummy

Juliette - Don`t you wish that they actually knew what they were saying. It`s so cute. Have a good day today and let us know how you get on

Michelle - Oh no @ the screaming.

Had a better night last night with only one wake up but I feel like I`ve been up and down all night, perhaps I was being disturbed by Mark`s snoring LOL

rails Guest

Morning Ladies,

Dee - am so Very sorry to read your news, hope you are feeling better these days....Big Hugs to you & take each day as it comes, some will be better than others .... be strong :hugs:

Juliette - YaY on Hannah's first chitchat .... it is very cute isn't it ! ....hope your day out today is better than last week .... xx

Shannon - hope things have picked up for you .... you have to deal with so much, you are very much entitled to have a good on vent on BB. Jessalyn is a very strong little girl & you can see where she gets her strength from.

Michelle - glad you had a good time in Perth, hope the news is good with the job situation.

Belinda - hope you are feeling better today .... :hugs:

Jesse is doing well .... he really is a darling boy .... me on the other hand, not so good .... i nearly fainted the other night when i got up to Jesse, so figured it was time to get the multivitamins back in the body ... (ran out about a month ago, didn't replace) .... guess I still need them, have started back on them today ... hopefully I will feel better soon. My wrist has been very sore the last few days ....woke up last night when i turned around to a terrible pain .... then it just throbbed continually, had to take some panadol ... which didn't help .... have to have another ultrasound on the other wrist tomorrow ... they wouldn't do both wrists at the same time ... very annoying, something about medicare ... gggrrr .... have the doctor vistit on Friday ... so fingers crossed he can give me some relief....better go, Jesse is getting quite cranky ... hungry boy xxx

Alex slept really well last night and is also sleeping well today. I put Alex to bed last night at 5pm thinking he will only have 30mins but he didn't wake up until 5am i gave him his bottle while still in bed gave him a kiss and told him to go back to sleep and he did until jsut after 8am. He is now having his lunch time sleep.

When i was away last week DH's cousin said he doesn't like your homemade food and i said yes he does he just didn't want to eat it for her as he has been eating it fine for me. LOL

How is everyone else doing ?

Rails - so sorry to hear about your wrists and not being well, hugs to you. We all seem to be going through a rough trot atm. I hope the vitamins kick in quickly. G;lad Jesse is being a good boy for you.

Wow what a great sleep Alex had Michelle, How did Kimberley sleep? LOL @ Alex not eating the food for DH`s cousin, they are little rascals sometimes.

At last one of my family members (except for my Dad) has remembered Mark`s Birthday for the first time and it was my little sister, she sent a card and a $10 scratchie. Now I wonder if my Mum will ever remember, I find it very disheartening when they don`t think about Mark`s Birthday, no chance of my older sister ever sending anything considering she doesn`t want to acknowledge we`re even alive, sorry guys I`m starting to vent here, I`ll stop before I get too hot under the collar about my weird family.

Dee ~ Kimberley slept all night as well and she didn't wake up until nearly 7:30am but then she didn't go to bed until 10pm.

That`s great Michelle, here`s hoping they bothsleep all night for you tonight

Matthew has finally given in to sleep, some nights are worse then others where he`ll fight all the way, lets hope he`ll sleep for 5 hours before he gets up.

Have a good night everyone

Shannon - I`m with you, what is a full nights sleep???? It seems like many moons ago hey.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes for Mark, poor boy thought he was totally neglected, first not any BDing to be done for obvious reasons (he`s ordered that for his 40th in 2 years time, he thought if he orders it now he might be lucky LOL) then he thought he was only getting one present which he picked out himself - I was trying to get my own back there, but I had to wait for my Dad to carry the telescope into the kitchen for me, Mark was thrilled with it thank goodness

I wasn`t lucky enough to get 5 hours sleep out of Matthew, just the normal 4.5hours, better then nothing I suppose. I had a completely restless night myself though, really don`t know what the heck my body is doing, I`m even starting to suffer from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and I only got that while I was pregnant with Matthew, obviously my hormones haven`t settled yet.

Hey everyone

Rails: Hope you find a solution to your wrist problems, would be horrible to go through

Shannon: Good for you for trying a positive outlook. I have had the same questions about Santa but i just say you can believe whatever you want too. Same with the tooth fairy questions. I also have a thing with Luke every year about 6 weeks before christmas that any toy he gets from them till christmas means santa cuts a present off his list, and it could be the thing he really wants as santa just crosses out anything on the list, he wont take the risk of missing out on good things, has worked for 3 years now so hope i get another year out of it

Dee: Glad Mark liked his gift

Juliette: So cute with the Dad word in middle of night I have said to Mason that i change his butt and get him food and i think that he needs to say Mum or Dad soon or else, he just laughs at me.

Mason had me up till 2am so i am very tired. He decided that he didnt need any sleep last night! I think he thinks its the weekend every day now that Luke is on holidays, every time Luke walks away from him he starts crying and carrying on.

Mason is crawling everywhere now, over the last couple of weeks he has perfected it and doesnt stop for rests every two moves lol, had to drag the baby gates out as hubby caught him heading outside to balcony.

Otherwise i am feeling better about things even with being tired.

I have looked into getting Luke into Surfing lessons, thought we live near the beach so he may as well learn to surf sometime.

Anyways take care

Belinda

Juliette, yay for Hannah starting to talk! It's sooo cute isn't it!

Rails, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling too good. Good luck for your doctor's appt.

Michelle, what an awesome sleep Alex had! WTG Alex!

Deeanne, LOL @ Mark putting an order in for BDing on his 40th! Bummer about the CTS. Hope it goes away soon for you.

Shannon, fingers crossed Jessalyn settles down into a nice routine for you. When do the girls start their holidays?

Belinda, wow @ Mason crawling! Clever little thing!! Hope he sleeps well tonight for you!

Kynan's doing well. Still eating heaps. He's now having solids at around 11am and 5:30pm.

I had a blood test done last week and my thyroid's overactive again so I have to see the doc tomorrow. I suspected as much because I've been having heart palpatations again and I've lost over 6kg in the last month or so without even watching what I've been eating (not that I'm complaining about that side effect LOL!). Just hoping that I don't have to go back on meds.

moof_mum Guest

Default long time no chat!!

Sorry guys i lost the thread and i got all confused with the new format and stuff. But *'m back \/

Im glad that they have changed it to month by month, its alot easier. Well yes Hannah is doing well. Shes not sitting up by her self yet. She was 7 months old 2 days ago. Shes not really attempting to crawl either. She does like rolling over and stuff. But shes more focused on standing all the time. She can stand at the coffee table by herself. Which is very cute.

Shes a screamer all day long. Drives me nuts after a while though. I end up saying "hannah shoosh". hehe. Shes still a little petit bubba. Only about 7kgs. But shes doing well.

I wanted to know, if you wonderful people could tell me what your babies eating habits are? As i am curious to what Hannah is eating and whether it is too much or not enough???? thanks!

Welcome back Kirsty, I`ve mean meaning to email you to see what happened, I thought we may have lost you with the change over of threads.

As for eating habits, not sure if I`m the right one to ask as Matthew is 10kg so probably would eat more then other babies here

For Breakfast (7.30/8am) he has a mug full of cereal, this might be the Baby Muesli or rice cereal mixed with pear and banana, or the banana wholemeal breakfast cereal. He has a milk feed beforehand (I`m breastfeeding) plus he would have had 2 - 3 feeds throughout the night.

For Lunch (12pm/12.30pm) - He will have 3/4 of a mug full of either all vegies or meat mixed with vegies then this week he`s been having 2 courses as he then goes on and has a full jar of the baby gel. (milk feed either before or after)

Mid afternoon - milk feed

Tea (6.30pm) - another mug full of food which DH`s feeds him and he usually gives him the pear and banana rice cereal

Then another milk feed and bed.

Not sure if that has helped.

Angel - sorry to hear your thyroid is overactive again, I hope they can get it under control for you.

Belinda - Another baby not sleeping, it makes it hard doesn`t it. Yay @ Mason crawling.

Had a bad afternoon here with MIL not seeming to care that I`ve had a loss, I didn`t get a hug all I got was "Do you need a D & C?" How thoughtless!!!! Then she went and told SIL how well Matthew sleeps ummm are we talking about the same baby whom I`m up to every 2 - 5 hours throughout the night :-k Then to top it all off she said to Mark would he use the telescope and that she could have given him one.

Sorry girls just had to get that off my chest.

moof_mum Guest

Hey, thanks Dee!
    Yeah well Hannah gets fed by me in the morning, which i dont know if i've even got any left. but it keeps her going till 11.30-12.00. then she has a 200ml bottle and about 3/4 of a jar of babyfood, but i make it myself though. Then sleep, then about 3.30 she has another bottle of 200mls. then another sleep. then wakes and has solids again, bout the same, maybe a full jars weight, then a 200ml bottle. And through until 8am, from 7.30pm the night before.

I dunno if it seems to little food. i might start giving her some apples in the morning too?

moof_mum Guest

Oh sorry to hear about your loss Dee BIG HUGS! sorry i didnt realise i've been so out of it. *hugs again*

Deeanne, GRRR @ your MIL!! How insensitive!

Kirsty, the CHN reckons Kynan will be a late crawler & walker too as apparently his joints are still really loose. On an average day Kynan usually has a BF around 5:30-6:30am; another BF and then about 1 cup of rice cereal mixed with EBM & fruit/yoghurt at 10am; BF @ 2pm; BF & vegies at 5:45pm; then a top-up BF just before bed at 7pm.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast