Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2005

rails Guest

Hi Ladies,

Michelle - hope you had a great birthday ! .... a skirt & 4 t-shirts is great for $100 what a Bargain !!

Belinda - kwym with the crawling - my house is so not child proof, have to go thru it like a whirlwind very soon, Jesse is grabbing for toys but not crawling to them, more rolling to get what he wants atm - but will be soon for him as well...also, not good about the smelly milky boot, mabye just airing it out might help #-o

Michelle - YAY for Alex, bet you feel great having a good sleep too. Jesse is usually a very good sleeper but lately has been waking up about 2am crying terribly - think it is his teeth, luckily he doesn't mind bonjela & that settles him instantly !

Shannon - whinge as much as you like .... you well deserve too ! If Jess is not interested in the morning feed i think you could safely drop the night feed - you will notice a difference in the morning, perhaps settle with another method ? HTH ??

Dee - Big hugs to you :hugs: .... hope the eye gets better really soon !

Well my little man mananged to eat 2 & 1/2 tablespoons of his rice cereal this morning .... will see how he goes today at lunch time. Not much else to report here, still have a terrible head cold, Jesse's smile makes it all better though .... little rascal has just tipped the play gym on himself he is such a mischuf man lately .... haha

Rails - Alex has been sleeping great but now i am having trouble with Kimberley so not really getting a good nights sleep. IYKWIM
    I only spent $60 out of the $100 and then last night i had to take my skirt back as it was to big so now i have that $30 back to spend as well.

Hope you can get your eye sorted out Dee.

Shannon - Alex was the same would take a night feed and then when he got up in the morning would not take his milk. Maybe when Jess wakes at night try her on some water i know i had to do that a few times with Alex when he was waking twice a night for no real reason.

The last few days Alex has been eating less i can't feel any teeth so it's not that. He only put on 100grms this week which is okay with me as he has done so well so far and i know he may put on more next week. Some one today said how he looks slimmer than he did before. Alex is nearly 9kilos now.

Hey everyone

Shannon, havent talked to hubby as yet, but he did suggest we get a dog when i mentioned it last time lol! So i dont know, i want to be really sure myself before i bring him back into it. He knows i am charting and stuff though and he hasnt said much, but probally dont know what it really is anyway. I feel i should really wait till Mason is a bit older but i am 33 and although a lot of women have them a lot older than that i just dont like the risks after the 35 mark, and hubby is 9 years older than me so he will run out of kick soon, oh he already has the damn couch potato

The couch potato has been impressing me though with his longer hours at work so dont tell him i said that

Also would be hard with a routine with the hospital trips but i am sure as she gets older things will fall a bit more into place. And yes you have a lot of time up your sleeve and a couple of year gap is still great, my brother and i are 2.5 yrs apart and got on well, besides the punch ups

Rails: Its great when someone loves your singing, Luke still likes my stupid songs i sing to him, but he is starting to tell me i am a crap singer now! I say to him you arent going to break me then start singing i am beautiful no matter what you say to him.

Dee: Hope the eye clears up for you, and the TTC i had thought dec to feb but yeah i dont know?
    I just keep thinking if we do go ahead and i do it a month later i will be spewing i have to be pregnant a month longer if you get what i mean.

Mason had officially become a crap sleeper!!!!!
    He had me up till 2am and was just cat napping all night, got to fix it but dont really know how, not into letting scream alone, i am thinking he might sleep better in our bed but i dont know if i will live to regret that?
    Just keep thinking how uncomfotable it was with Luke when we used to do it.

Well this new format gives me more time to type a lot of crap

Take care
    Belinda

Belinda - IKWYM - I put TTC with Matthew off by 1 month and towards the end I kept thinking if only I TTC that one month earlier, in the end he was worth the one month wait though

Michelle - Alex is doing so well, he was so much lighter then Matthew born and he`s nearly up to Matthew`s weight WTG Alex

Rails - Glad Jesse managed to eat more cereal for you. While at the supermarket today I brought some baked beans and chicken thigh fillets to try on Matthew, I was going to buy some fish too but it had all been thawed since I`m going to freeze it again I couldn`t buy any, looks like I have a trip to the co op ahead of me which is 1.5 hrs away but I can visit my younger sister and 2.5 yr old neice at the same time.

I have an abscess in my eye that`s why I feel like I`ve been hit by a truck, I`m on anitibiotics and cream and if it doesn`t burst by Monday I have to go in to get it lanced

Deeanne - Hope your eye gets better over the weekend and you don't have to go back to the doctors.

Thanks Michelle - I can feel it coming to a head, the hot compresses help.

Had Matthew lying on the lounge room floor with all his toys and children`s music on, it suddenly went all quiet and he`s taken himself over to an old monitor Mark has just replaced playing with the cord, going to have to get Mark to move it out of sight

Part of me is not looking forward to when Alex starts to move as i know he will try and follow Kimberley and get in to all kinds of trouble.
    It's bad enough he watches her every move.

Hope Matthew doesn't get in to too much trouble now he is moving.

Hi Girls! This is a much better format - hopefully I won't get as lost and so far behind!

I've spent the afternoon preparing lots of yummy pureed veges to freeze in ice cube trays for Hannah's official solids start (she turns 6 months on Monday). It was all very exciting! We have potato, pumpkin, sweet potato, zuccini (Tim grew it in the garden and insisted she try it), and broccoli. I've been giving her rice cereal every now and then for the last couple of weeks, and she's taking that well...so it's time we got stuck into the whole solids thing officially!

:happybday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR YESTERDAY MICHELLE!!!!! I hope you had a fabulous day. I'm sorry I missed you yesterday - my Mum and Dad have been up from Brissy.

Dee - Fingers crossed the abscess bursts soon It sounds like young Matthew is getting very mobile there! We have to seriously take a look at our house for crawler hazards too... It's ok while she's commando crawling 'cos it's not very fast, but I'm told that proper crawling is quite another story!

Hi Belinda - I remember your hubby's dog comment last time you mentioned TTC lol! I hope he's a bit more receptive next time you bring it up with him! We're going to TTC Jan/Feb if all goes well. Sorry to hear Mason is giving you a hard time at night. I don't see anything wrong with letting him sleep with you - especially if it means you get a good sleep yourself. I guess it all depends on how wriggly he is!

Rails - Sorry to hear you have a nasty head cold. I hope you're feeling much better soon. At least you have Jesse to keep you entertained - he sounds pretty adventurous!

Shannon - sounds like miss Jess just likes your company in the wee hours! Must be tricky trying to get into any kind of routine, knowing that all of her hospital stays and appointments will affect it all.

I hope that's everyone - Miss Hannah has woken from her nap (which was only about 20mins...grrrr....)

Michelle - IKWYM by not looking forward to them moving, Mathew`s just rolling or using his back crawl and still seems to find all sorts of things.

Juliette - Good luck with starting solids, I hope she eats it nicely for you. IKWYM about hazards in the house.

Matthew slept from 7.30pm till 7am - he did wakeup with the alarm at 2.30am but went back to sleep, that`s the longest sleep for so long, I still find it strange how he might sleep through for a night or two then decide to wake for a number of nights, nothing consistent.

I think Mark is finally going to put Matthew`s cot up for me today, I only started asking 2 weeks ago but he seems to have loss of memory and can`t remember me asking.

Those girls going to the BB conference have a great day I only wish I was there with you all.

Matthew is now asleep in his cot, it looks so big and he looks so tiny in it, newborns must look lost in cots, afterall Matthew`s not small at 9.3kg and 73.5cms long.

Hope your all having a great evening

Well done Mark for finally putting the cot up for Matthew. Hope he has a good nights sleep in it Deeanne.

I am having trouble getting Alex to sleep at night he has changed his whole day time routine so now at night he won't go to bed no matter how tired he is. Last night Paul had to stay with him until he went to sleep and tonight i had to hold him tight until he went to sleep.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Oh No Michelle what a nuisance to have to hold Alex tight before he gives in, I hope it doesn`t continue for you.

Matthew woke at 2am, 4.45am and 7am so not a very good night at all, think it was a combination of not eating his solids very well yesterday and a new bed.

He seems to like his cot, he loves rolling around all over the place in it and woohoo for the first time since he was 6 weeks he left all his blankets on until he woke then he did his usual back crawl up the bed but had further to go this time

I really need to get my kids to sleep passed 6am. Alex woke at 5am then Kimberley at 6. I am then so tired by 10am.

We have been out for most of the morning and Alex was really good. People ask me does he ever cry and then they don't believe me when i say yes he does. He is always a happy boy when we are out.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday.

Michelle - You need a midday nap when both Alex and Kimberley are asleep, if they happen to be asleep together, it must be so hard with 2 little ones at times. Matthew is like Alex, I can only recall once when Matthew cried while we were out and that was becuase he was hungry.

Yay they both slept passed 6am only by 10mins but that is much better than waking up at 5am.
    Alex has another cough last night he woke at 11:30 gave him some milk and same dimetapp (sp?) it always seems to work. He then slept okay he was a little sick from coughing too much be not a lot.
    I gave him some weetbix for breakfast and he seemed to like it he had half of one.

I've been feeling a little down again but hopefully things will get better again soon.

Deeanne - Have you tested yet ??
    Hope you have some good nights with Matthew soon.
    It's not oftern now that Kimberley and Alex will be alseep at the same time during the day.

It's so quiet in here has everyone left us ??

It is quiet isn`t it, just seems to be you and me, perhaps we smell 8-[

I hope Alex`s cough doesn`t get any worse, poor little man, that`s great that they didn`t wake up until 6.10am, unlike Mr Matthew with his 3 wake up`s between 2.30am and 6.30am.

No I haven`t tested yet, I might get around to it one day if AF doesn`t beat me to it.

Matthew has just had his first meal of baked beans, I opened one of the big cans (425gms) thinking I can freeze it for the next few days, well Matthew didn`t leave me much to freeze, he ate 3/4 of the can, this was after a breastfeed.

I`ve also cooked up and put into ice cubes, parsnip and baby carrots both from my Dad`s garden, I haven`t tried Matthew on carrots since he was sick on them 2 weeks ago so hopefully next time will be better.

Edited to say Happy 6 months to Hannah \/

Happy 6 months Hannah \/

I gave Alex parsnip last night with pumpkin he eat most of it. He didn't want to eat much at first but i told him that if he doesn't eat at least 3/4 then he gets no pudding he seemed to understand as he then eat some more. LOL
    Will try him on baked beans soon. Did you just use a normal tin of baked beans on Matthew i only buy the Coles brand ones.
    Alex has just nearly pulled himself on to his belly \/

Hello May Buddies!

Thanks for the happy 6 months!!! Very exciting. Where did all that time go? It's incredible how fast our little ones are growing up.

Hannah had her 6 month injections thismorning. No drama's. She didn't even cry at the first one. She yelled for a couple of seconds at the second one, but all in all she was a very brave girl.

Tomorrow we're going along to her first music lesson - it's called "mainly music" and it's only costing me $3. Bargain. It's a group music thing for babies. Sounds like fun.

The solids are going well so far. She's done a week of just baby rice, and a few days of potato. I tried her with a bit of banana yesterday too. She loved that! I love the look on her face when I give her something new. It's priceless.

She's getting very fast with her commando crawling. Her latest obsession is with people's feet and shoes. She just loves to wrap her lips around the most disgusting pair of shoes in the room. It's gross. I have to keep such a close eye on her!

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well!

Just out of interest do you guys freeze pureed pears?

I've gone a bit nuts on the frozen puree thing - we have potato, pumpkin, sweet potato, apple, pear, carrot, broccoli, kiwi fruit, and zuccini. Hope I can use it all before it goes off!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast