Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2005

Juliette - I freeze everything yes including pears and I also put 2 half of a pear in the freezer and what I do there is put it into a stocking tie the ends, cut it off then give it to Matthew to chew on so he doesn`t get any big lumps down, he loves it, safe finger food.

Glad the needles went well, the 6 month ones are so much easier then the 4 month ones. Have fun at the music lesson sounds like a ball.

Michelle - Yay for Alex eating Parsnip and pumpkin and for almost pulling himself onto his belly.

The Baked Beans was a salt reduced one and I just drained it well like Sarah does then puree and add some water, I`m sure Alex would love them. Oh it was the SPC ones, BiLo didn`t have much in the way of Baked Beans left on the shelf.

Another bad night here, Matthew went down at 7.30pm, up at 10pm, 2.30am, 5.50am then didn`t go to sleep.

shannon - how naughty of me I forgot to reply to you. i hope Jessalyn decides she likes her solids again soon.

Oh Michelle I forgot to add that while feeding Matthew the baked beans I had some water in his sippy cup ready to give him if some skin of bean wasn`t pureed properly, it happen a couple of times and the water just helped him slip it down.

Hey everyone

Lots of talk about solids going on, good luck with those about to start it all
    Even though i have made some veges and froze them i thought i would buy a couple of jars of food to see how he went, well he screamed after half a jar until i give him the rest! Then ate a whole tin of custard at next meal. Thinking he likes commercial food better than mine so think i will only use if i need too now. Although at least there apple puree is 100% apple, saves me doing it.

He also tried baby yogurt, didnt really like the vanilla but seemed to like the apricot one.

Dee: Great idea with the stocking for food, might try that out
    Would of never thought of baked beans either.

I am always stuck with what to do for lunches?

Dont want him to get in a habit of custards if i can help it.

Take care
    Belinda

Shannon hope the rest of Jessalyn's appt's go well.
    WTG on the weight gain Jessalyn.

Deeanne - Thanks for letting me know about the baked beans and water. I will have to give them ago next week.

belinda - I use jar food as well as my own.

Alex was coughing so much last night he was sick he has started to wake at 11pm for a feed again and then awake at 5am. He is not eating much today at all but at least he is taking most of his milk.

Shannon - That`s great that Jessalyn is doing so well and WTG on the weight gain

Michelle - Hope you have a better night tonight (and me too!!!)

Belinda - that idea of the stocking goes back to when I was a baby, it`s a great idea and you don`t have to worry about them biting off huge bits like they do

oh I`m so excited for Fi, it`s such wonderful news \/

It is wondeful news about Fi \/

When are you testing Deeanne ??
    Hope Matthew has a better night for you tonight.

Wow Michelle I hardly recognised you, great av

I wanted to buy a test today and test but Mark wouldn`t let me, he wants me to make a Dr`s appointment for Friday Morning instead, so looks like that`s what I`ll be doing, I do prefer to do a HPT and I told Mark that but I still didn`t get anywhere.

Dee - thanks for being excited for me I hope I get to do the same for you this month. Maybe you should do the sneaky on Mark? LOL. Go buy a test and not tell him......
    Shane is the opposite, he doesn't want me to go to the dr until Jenna's 8 month needles, which is 3 weeks away. I dont think so.
    I cant wait to see what the MCHN has to say at Jenna's next check up. Bet she tries to tell me what I should be doing re: breastfeeding. Silly old cow.
    Great weight gain Shannon! Jessalyn certainly doesn't seem to be wasting away - thats for sure!

Hey everyone

Congrats Fi that great news

Good luck to you Dee, hope you get the news you are hoping for

Glad Jessalyn's checkup went well and the weight gain is great

Mason was screaming the place down at some point over night, worked out today that he did that last time i gave him peas, so they are out for awhile.

Take care
    Belinda

Yep the weetbix idea sounds a messy one, but i am sure it will be fun for Jessalyn

And if you arent ready to get her out by 8mths well your not ready

I have found the other day i gave him all jar food to see how he slept and he didnt wake up, then last night he had the home made dinner stuff and was up screaming! I dont know if i should just use jar stuff till he is a little older and ready for lumps or something.

Hi Girls,

Very exciting news Fi! Congrats!

Belinda - I too was going to try the pea thing shortly. I might hold off for a little while. Starting solids is proving to be trickier that I first thought!

Shannon - You're in for some feedtime fun by the sounds of it!!! LOL @ not being hassled for Maccas all the time. If you don't feel right about getting her out of your bed by the time she's 8 months, don't feel pressured. I'm sure you'll do what's right for both of you!

Dee - I would be soooooo tempted to just go out and buy a HPT if I were you! What does he have against them?

Michelle - How was your night!?

As for us..well, we have one very constipated young lady. I feel so bad for her. I didn't realise that baby rice was so constipating. She's only been having 2 teaspoons once a day (brekky) for 2 weeks, with a bit of potato and sweet potato thrown in in the afternoons. I've given a small taste of banana and avocado, but only half a teaspoon of each (at separate times obviously). Hannah has had a couple of small hard poos this morning. Looks pretty painful to pass. We tried some pear puree thismorning. Poor kid. Other than that, we're both well. Had a ball at Mainly Music yesterday. Having a day at home today. Possibly some grocery shopping some time today. Am in need of chocolate.

Yes the solid thing can be tricky. I remember with Luke i just put veges in a pot with meat boiled them till puree then he ate them. He was sucking on rib bones and eating pizza and chocolate. Ah to be young and relaxed about it all again.
    I think with Mason i am over thinking it.

Maybe you could try her on a half a weetbix to get things moving along, hope something works out for you

Take care
    Belinda

I quit smoking last night and i am going really crazy without one!!!!!!!! Hence why i am replying to everyones comment as they type them today lol, trying to keep my mind busy. Hope i can stick to it as if want to TTC again i will need to anyway.

Fi - I told Mark this morning on the way to work I`ll probably divert to the Chemist, I got such a fright when the line came up, I was yelling for Mark and he thought there was only 1 line, he told me later he was quite upset as he really thought I was pregnant. I`m still in total shock, I feel quite numb. This is wonderful that we`re going through it together \/

Sorry girls I`ll do personals later when I`m thinking straight 8-[

Hope your all well

Deeanne, so... are you going to buy the rest of Shannon's nappies now? LOL I'm so excited for you!

Shannon, glad to hear Jessalyn's doing so well! Wow @ the 7kg! Kynan's only 7.22kg!

Michelle, hope Alex's coughing is better today.

Belinda, bummer about the peas! Is Mason feeling better now? Good on you for quitting smoking! All the best with it!

Juliette, poor little Hannah. Hope you find something that helps things move along!

We're starting Kynan on solids tomorrow! It'll just be rice cereal LOL but I can't wait to see what he thinks of it!

Congrats again Dee. I"m sure it wont take too long to sink in - specially if you start feeling crappy like me already!
    Angel - good luck with the solids. Hopefully Kynan will love them! Jenna loved a little apple in hers.
    Belinda - good luck sticking at the no smoking thing. Tough huh?
    Juliette - we had the same problem with constipation!!! Pear and apple should help her along, and we havent given any more rice cereal since we found that out. She has no problem "sliding" them out now!!
    Shannon - LOL on the weetbix!! I can just imagine her with it all over her face! Pooh to him re: the bed. Do what makes you feel good.
    Gotta go....
    Well done Dee

Congratualtions again Dee.

Juliette - hope you are able to sort out Hannah's constipation.

Angel - Hope all goes well with starting solids tomorrow.

Alex woke at midnight and then 5am again he is still coughing at night but not as bad as he was. He has learnt to keep his mouth shut when i am trying to feed him solids sometimes it is funny but it is hard work trying to get the spoon in.

rails Guest

Hi Ladies,

Juliette - poor Hannah try mixing fruit puree with the rice cereal & increase the veges at other meals HTH ....I give Jesse a little fruit after every meal & this seems to keep him on track.

Belinda - Hope Mason isn't starting a trend with your cooking haha, Jesse won't eat my home cooked fruit ... but loves the home cooked chicken & veges better than the jars (which is good for my self esteem). Good luck with quitting smoking .... i gave up the day i found out i was pg & have not had one since ... doing well here - just keep thinking of my boy & the health risks for him, hopefully i don't get sucked back into the addiction trap again ... !!

Dee - YAY ... VERY HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH !!! ..... how exciting !! .... HERE'S TO NO MORNING SICKNESS XXXX

Michelle - Yes, it can be very frustrating when they jam the mouth shut, little rascals .... i trick Jesse by dipping the tip of another spoon in a little fruit, he eats that happily then next spoonfull is the stuff he doesn't want, after a few goes he gives up ... haha works everytime.

Angel - good luck on starting solids !

Not sure if anyone saw the Hello Baby section last Sunday (Melb) little Jesse was featured with a big beaming smile ... so cute ! .... the only downer was the article had a few incorrect statements - they said that Jesse was the first g/child for both familes which is not so - i specifically told her he was the 9th DH's side & 6th my side, don't know how that makes First !! .... & she wrote i had a 2 hour labour ... i said that it was 2hrs from arriving at the hospital .... ggeeezzzz ... easy to get the story wrong that is for sure ... oh well , it was good to see him in the paper anyway .... .... we had a big day on Tuesday, went into the city to see my work friends, booked a meeting room so I could feed Jesse as it takes over an hour to get in - feeding was going to be hard, worked out well ... happy fed baby makes for a happy relaxed mummy !! ... \/

OH MY GOD ... JESSE JUST COMMANDO CRAWLED FOR THE FIRST TIME .... YAY !!! .... xxxx

Thank you Girls

Belinda - Yay for quitting smoking, Good on you.

Juliette - How`s Hannah now, unfortunately constipation happens quite regularly here.

LOL Angel - now if I could see into the future and knew it was a girl yes I`d be buying some of Shannon`s nappies. WE both have a feeling it`s a girl and we were both right with Matthew thinking he was a boy, even though Mark thinks it`s a gir;l he`s quite worried about it being a girl LOL How did Kynan go on the rice cereal?

Rails - Journalists always seenm to get things wrong, you`d think being in their position they should know better. YAY for Jesse comando crawling.

Had a little better night last night with Matthew, he just woke the once but if only I could sleep instead of tossing and turning all night with weird dreams, wondering if the hormone levels in my milk may have been upsetiing him the last few nights, I don`t know just a wild stab in the dark as to why he`s been so unsettled at night. Otherwise we`re both going along well.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast