Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #13

So sad, and they finally tied the knot too.

Well Darc is fighting the zzzs tonight. This routine is poo! I have always fed her during the day and then put her to bed. She generally sleeps for 1-1 1/2 hours then. The new routine is feed her on waking and then let her stay up for a couple of hours and THEN put her to bed when I see tired signs. Well that means about an hour before a feed is usually due and so cos she's hungry she wakes after half an hour! The nurse said just leave her in her bed, she might settle....she's hungry! Cos she hasn't had many sleeps she fell asleep in the car half an hour before bed, and now she won't go to sleep She also told me she should be going longer than 2.5-3hrs between feeds....why? She's hungry then so I feed her. Now this is a woman I respect, but it just can't work for everyone. I need some sort of routine. The OCD just won't let me 'go with the flow'. I will give it 2 more days..... What was wrong with the way i was doing it? Anyone?

Now Nat and Sara it's a real shame I don't live closer to either of you because I have a heap of nursing textbooks that are worth hunderds of dollars that I have no use for at mums. They're old, but for nothing they're a good starting point or reference. Unfortunatley they weigh about a hundred ton or I would post them to you - because I have faith in both of you....Nat you studying???

Lots of memories in a storeroom full of stuff. Salvaged a few dresses of my sisters for the weddings I have next year, and my pink year 5 farwell dress that I might make something for Darcy with. I also found the bible stories my grandma gave to me on my baptism, and so I'm going to give it to Darcy for hers. Oh and a heap of my favourite books that one day I might actually get the chance to read again.

Well there's no dinner (again) and Cam's been in a brawl and is going to be late (again)....better go and pull something together.
    Hey I was thinking about Sheree and Wade. Were we getting something for Lachie ro them? cos if it was for them how bout a voucher to a local restaurant that they can use when they get a break?

Will respond with personals soon but OMG Emerson is crawling properly now :eek:. Saw him getting up on his knees more then usual earlier today then a friend came over with her new puppy and up he got and crawled over!!!! Of course we made him do it again and again LOL. As soon as he reached the puppy we'd take it away again. He still swaps between normal and commando but it was so awesome and so cute to watch! He has also started climbing up on things lately as well if I haven't mentioned that before! Almost time for child proofing LOL!

lol i have been reading up i think i'm going back to study too don't really know what i want to do

Kim ~ if your routine worked for you and darcy then stick with what you know and i like that idea of a voucher to a restraunt for sheree and wade and maybe a guardian angel Pin for eg for lachie as a gesture that we are all thinking of him i dunno i suck at gifts ...

OMG @ Em crawling .... little rascal will be into everything soon ryan has been up on his hands and knees all day today rocking back and forth the getting snippy when he couldn't get any where

and how tragic i was very sad to hear of Belinda's passing ... poor Rove i hope the media leave him alone to grieve

Oh and has anyone seen the movie RV with robin williams OMG some really funny moments
    Last edited by ~shazz~; November 11th, 2006 at 08:58 PM. Reason: cause having 3 kids i no longer have brain cells that function

any body heard how shannon and Angelique are going ??
    and Alison and Jess and Rachy And Jemima And kellee And Vic Too where are you all ....

Shazz - Im here! I have been keeping an eye on you all but have just been so busy that i havent had a chance to pop in and say hi.

Nat - I cant believe em is crawling. That is amazing - what a little trooper! Things ewill certainly get busier. It is so exciting to see them reach these new and amazing milestones.

Kim - I think if your routine worked best for you and Darcy then stick with it. You know Darcy better than anyone. At times is it so confusing with everyone offering advice. I know when Jesse went through his very very very very unsettled, refluxy period I was beside myself with trying to decipher all of the info that people were giving me. In the end I stuck to my guns and we came out of it smiling. (well we are smiling most of the time - some days are still very tough!!) Just another question for you - you said in your post Cam has been in a brawl and is going to be late??? What does he do???

DH and I have started to come to terms with the fact we are now going to have three children instead of the two we had planned on having. I am excited now!!

Well I had best go and jump into bed. DH goes away again (he is always away for work) tomorrow so I need to get as much sleep as I can as the week ahead will be just me and the kids.

Hi Jemima
    glad you are feeling excited about # 3 i have started to have those fluttery clucky feeling again but i know if i ever mentioned having #4 divorce papers would be flung under my nose as quick as blinking
    hope you get some much needed sleep in tonight before hubby goes away hope his not gone to long i remember that dog tired feeling of early pg

Evening ladies,

Just got home form sister bbq dinner down on the beach. It was nice. Now i am soooo tired its not funny. Can barely keep my eyes open. So its going to be quick personals tonight!

Lea - WOW @ Em crawling. He's a clever little man aint he!! You are going to need eyes in the back of your head soon!!

Kim - Sorry to hear the new routine went to sh*t!! I hope you find a solution soon. Spewin you did'nt live closer. Those books would come in handy big time!! My mum is studying nursing to at the moment and she has lots of books so will just use her's when i need them. Thanks for thinking of us though!!

Shazz - Nup have'nt seen RV. I think i might have heard of it though. I can't belive Ryan is nearly 7 months already!! Oh and I talk to Alison all the time on MSN. Cooper is going very well!!! She has'nt been on this week cause they are moving house but normally i talk to her every night. She is going well.

Jemima - Glad you and DH have aceepted the pg. Brent and I are TTC now. I am scared but excited at the same time. I am excited for you guys!! Hope all goes well for you!! Keep us posted!

Hope everyone else is going ok. Will talk to you all in the morning. My eyes are hanging out of my head!!

Ni Night

Wow Em, WTG! Nat I'm excited for you, but praying Darcy stays immobile for a while yet LOL!

Shazz, is Ryan improving?? Nope haven't seen it, but would like to, however Cam won't sign up for a video shop because they are mostly owned by bikies and they ask for too many personal details....we just can't afford that.

Jemima, I'm glad you are happy. DH and I both work for NSW police (don't think I'm awful please!). Stuff like that is usual for us LOL.

Sara, that's neat your mum's studying too. You girls have inspired me as well. Pulled out my old education textbooks so might see what I can do along those lines....don't know whether I could cope with a Masters just yet.

Hey you girls that live closish toBrisbane....was there a story on the news last night about a man floating in the Brissy River? My mates dad was found and I can't find out any more.

Is yoghurt an OK first food? I've given Darc a few tastes of mine but she loves it so much and chucks a hissy fit when I won't share, so I have to eat it when she's not there. She thinks she's entitled to a taste of everything LOL. Also, is it ok to give her a try of more than one food a week?...I sound like an incompetent don't I?

[QUOTE=~Kim~;506223]

Jemima, I'm glad you are happy. DH and I both work for NSW police (don't think I'm awful please!). Stuff like that is usual for us LOL.

Hi Kim,
    I thought you might say police officer. I was one for 8 years so I know what you mean about stuff like that being a part of every day life LOL!

Have a good day everyone. Its raining here and while that is great, it makes it hard to keep two children entertained. Might have to go visiting!

Jem

Morning Girls,

Kim - Yeah yoghurt is fine i have read. You should try some mashed banana and avocado too. That is only really light. I have noticed that Nat and I have inspired a few ppl, its really good. So if you do your masters what does that make you??

More cleaning on the agenda today!! Only this time it's outside and not in. Although in needs to be done AGAIN a bit!!

Hope everyone is well.

BBL
    Last edited by Ilithyia; November 12th, 2006 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Not sure why i said tonight when i am cleaning today!!!

Kim ~ yep you can try her on more foods she hasn't had any problems so far has she ? i have been giving Ryan yougurts designed for little bellys Vialla (Sp) or petite yum ?? they are suitable for bubs from 6 months
    and nope i didn't hear anything about a floater in the brissy river sorry but then i only caught bits and pieces of the news hope you find out some thing soon edited to add ~ I did a google search and came up with 1 story but i couldn't get in to read it

and yep ryan is improving he is cross cutting his teeth the little beggar he has his two bottom front ones then his two top side ones his gum is so red and swollen no wonder his cranky and OMG he bit me so hard last night he drew blood:eek: i don't know how much longer will be going down the BF road if he keeps this up
    Last edited by ~shazz~; November 12th, 2006 at 10:01 AM.

Cool Jemima! What's it like in the cops in SA....we're looking for a change....
    Sara, It'd make me someone with a Masters Degree, nothing more, not like a PhD which makes you a Dr. Man you must have messy people in your house....you are always cleaning! LOL.

Well I have the Kylie concert tonight! Still can't get excited though....

Kim it's prolly not messy i just have high standards when it comes to cleaning. I like it the way i like it!!

HAVE A GREAT TIME @ KYLIE!!! Let us know how it goes!!

Thanks Chickie! You'll make a great sister!

off to clean up my pig sty of a house BBL

Ohhhhh how nice!! I am assuming your talking to me - LOL!!

Well i better head off and start this cleaning business!! Brent is out there patching the ride-on tyre tube!! Have a great day!!

BBL

Jeez you girls are talking up a storm! We had power black outs last night so I didn't get back on like I said and would. Got to read a book by candle light though Have to work today so I probably won't be able to get on till later tonight unless of course I can get ready like a whizz and come back just before I leave LOL!!!

stuff the cleaning i'm back i hate cleaning only to have the kids walk striaght behind me pulling more crap out

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast