Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #14

Haven't had a chance to get on in the last few days. I am so tired and fed up. Riley has been waking every 2 hours at night and won't go back to sleep unless I feed him. Had clinic appt. on tuesday and I failed Edinburgh (spelling?) PND test (I should have studied!) so clinic sister wants me to up my ciprimil and go to sleep school for 5 days. DH nearly had a heart attack when I suggested it - theres no way the rest of the family would cope without me for 5 days. DD#2 is being totally in my face wanting attention all the time thats she's home and to top it all off we have to move house!
    Sorry to just come on and whinge.
    So exciting for all those babies talking and getting teeth. Riley babbles a lot and my dad swears he said grandad but I don't think so!
    Sheree- so glad lachie has put on some weight, you must be so exhausted, I feel guilty complaining when I think about what you are going through.
    Coopersmum- sex??????? but I know what you mean about they always seem to want it except when you do!
    Matching bra and undies OMG the luxury of it!! My DDs would like me to wear nice matching sets but not muh chance of that in this economic climate!! DD#2 is happy with the Care Bear undies she got me, I bet not many grown women have them!! She even checks and tells me which bear I am currently wearing!
    Got to go DD#1 just came to find out where the lunches were. ooops

Sara honey I'm so sorry. How's Brent taking it? Is there much work going up there?

Nat excuse me for being stupid, but who's Amy? Poor love with being sick and not feeling like dealing with a cyclone. I totally understand and I'm not sick.

Hey Beck! Wow Jovi's a chatter. The most I can get out of Darcy is "buh" or "oooh". How's Scott doing?

Those machines are noisy Sheree. I always think she must need more too. I know I do. They have other ideas though. That's cool you got your hair done. Feels good doesn't it? I only had mine done the other day for the first time since 25th March :eek:.

Have a nice walk while it's a bit cooler L.

Christine sounds' like you're having a rough trot hon. Do you have MSN messenger? I can't imagine what it's like to deal with all that with two others, but I get the 'failing the test' thing...and the sleep thing. If you want to just vent, feel free to let me know.

Coopersmummy - Erin right? my DH would near pass out if I did that? From shock I think....it's he who thinks I've forgotten how.

Well the Dragon kept it up for three hours. I must have retrieved her from the top of the cot 25 times? The last couple of days she has turned into a nightmare! (worse than she was before). In the end I gave up and took her downstairs for a while. She wasn't the slightest bit tired and she's never been up that late. I never thought I could be so frustrated with her.
    I tuck the sheet in with nappies either side and it's like a challenge she has to kick off. She fights to get out of the wrap but then just pulls the dummy out and thinks it's time to play. I've tried different wrapping techniques...I'm not sure a grobag would be any good bacause it would be just more of a challenge for her...and they cost a bomb....and we were just settling down again

We're off to have piccies taken again today and might give Santa a go.

Morning ladies,

Well i am off into town today too buy a pg test. AF still has'nt arrived!!

The brent situation has settled a bit. I am still worrying heaps though. For those who asked....no it was'nt unfair dismissal! It was something that i am too ashamed to mention. Something that was entirely his fault. Looks like i may have to go back to work afterall. Oh well.

So yeah off to town today. I am so nervous about testing!!

BBL

angelique Guest

Hi Ladies,

I am so sorry I have disappeared . It has been hectic. I hope you are all well and that things are looking up for everyone who is having a hard time. katerinas christening went well and thank goodness it is over.

Guys I really want to put a pic of my angel on my signature and have no Idea how to do it, can anyone explain?

xxooo
    Last edited by angelique; November 24th, 2006 at 09:47 AM.

Jodie259 Guest

Sara..... hugs to you. You must be stressing out all over right now. Being pregnant would be a great thing... but I guess it might be a bit stressful if Brent's not working. I'm sure he'll get another job real soon. Hopefully you won't have to go back to work, especially if your pg. Sorry I've not been online much. I've been missing our chats. Whenever I am online you don't appear to be.

I'm so impressed that so many bubs are talking. My hubby is trying to teach Shaun to walk and talk. Thankfully he keeps saying "mum, mum or imma, imma" as well as "dad, dad, aba, aba" (imma/aba are hebrew). Shaun doesn't seem interested in talking, and that's fine with me. He does seem keen to walk... even though he can't crawl yet. He turns six months on monday...

OMG kim... you pick Darcy up 25 times from her cot!! Now I feel bad that I spent a week at sleep school because shaun would wake up every 3-4 hours. I must say though, the SS taught us to recognise his cries, and often we just listen to him grissle... and he drops back to sleep by himself now!! I have had three nights of 6-7 hours sleep - including one last night!!

He's got a rotten cold at the moment. He coughs like he is choking; and I can't give him anything to relieve it. He also has a terribly runny nose. I keep a vapouriser on in his room, which keeps the air moist and I think it helps. I might buy some baby vicks today. Any suggestions to soothe his throat girls??

Hope you all have a great weekend. We've got to vote in Melb, then we've got a party on sunday night. And I'm thinking of entering Shaun into a babyquest competition at our local shopping centre.

BTW... the audition went well, but we won't find out for a couple of weeks. It's a new game show that's filmed in Sydney... and any Melb contestant that is successful gets to fly up to Sydney and accomodation at their expense. There are 6 contestants per show, and generally every contestant leaves with some money... and the winner can get over $50,000. It's called "poker face" in England.

Jodie - I wish you all the luck with that show sounds like fun and boy what great money prize.

Kim- have you tried this technique, ooops will send you the link just realised can't post here, hopefully my access allows me to pm you. Will try in a sec otherwise might have to get your email address. I am getting desperate to wrap him again or I might just continue to put him on his belly, I am getting more at ease about that as time goes on, he appears to like it atm.

Sara - gee I really feel for you, I would hate to be in that situation.

Hi angelique - long time no see.

Mrsmac - don't feel guilty about whinging everyone has their own issues and own tolerance levels. Everyone keeps telling me it is all in prespective as I have come to realise there are far worse children then mine too after visiting hospitals so much of late. But either way it is all our own situations and hard for each and everyone of us at times.

Leanne - Yay for Katy sleeping well, poor mummy though, gosh I hate that, our minds are so active aren't they?

Well Lachlan was a little rat sleeping again, woke at 4.30am and wouldn't go back to sleep, gosh how does this child survive on such little sleep???

Call me simple but I can't work out how to pm, maybe I don't have access?????

sheree ~! i think you have to be a platinum member for private messaging
    nicks fine ryan is horrible he had his needles yesterday and i haven't had a wink of sleep yet bbl maybe

Ohhh poor Shazz and poor children, hope things improve soon Shazz

Yea it is a Platinum Member feature Sheree.

I am so so tired and sick. Even the drugs aren't working now lol. I really have to do the grocery shopping though - there is literally no food here!!! At least tonight I am having take up LOL.

Em is just waking up so I better get moving before I fall asleep at the computer. Will be back sometime for personals!

Em is asleep and has been for awhile the poor little congested thing! I need to get him some more Panadol whilst I'm out.

Ohhh hope you both feel better soon, real soon Nat.

I hope so as well... I am still sitting here . Not even posting - just reading. My brain is like cotton. Em is awake now though so its shopping time!

I can't believe i am about type this but....

The line is a little faint but very visible!!!

I am going to re-test in the morning....

I cant fu**ing believe it!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Omg Sara how exciting for you congrats

Oh Sara I have been thinking of you .... Congratulations.

Well went for my walk - 7km's and it is so humid today I was dripping by the end of it. My cousin's hubby wants to go after work so can you believe I am going again tonight.....? ARGH. I think I might need to try and have a sleep to get me there. Do you think I am overdoing it?

BBL- Kaitlyn's a little grizzly today. Needles yesterday so could be from that.

Sara - Congrat's again.

Sara you probably aren't excited given your circumstances, but wow. Congratulations hon.

What do you do for Adam at night Vic, or is he just a nice child whose happy to go to sleep? I'm not even sure a grobag type thingy would work.

We had to abort the photo and Santa mission......the Dragon was cranky and wouldn't smile. Re booked for Wednesday. So instead she got to go and have her needles....at least they are done here.

Right now every sleep has turned into a battle.....still offering a trade?!?!
    Last edited by ~Kim~; November 24th, 2006 at 01:21 PM.

Kim if you would like to take Kaitlyn for the day that's cool. Or I could take Darcy and Katy.....

.... and yes . . . I am sure!

As I said to you on MSN sara, CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS

Leanne - hope Katy settles down for you.

OMG everyone I have some news.

My boy got to 3 hours between bottles and was very hungry and upset. So Mum and I gave him some banana and pear farex and omg he ate the whole lot with no fuss. I have tried this some time ago and I won't go there but had a hell of a time, esp with farex, liked other foods but went off them quite easily too, fussy kid. But anyway I put 70-80ml of milk in it so that gives you and idea of the serving size - it was huge. And I also put a bit of apple juice (that was already diluted) into some water to wash it all down and he drank that too, totally amazing. Then gave him his bottle and he drank 70ml, so that was a total of 140ml including what I used in the farex. I could put the rest down the tube of his 120ml bottle but I gather I won't push it. He has done so well, all the feeding hassles we have had and we have (I hope) finally turned the corner. I was meant to start solids yesterday with the help of a speech therapist but then she had to cancel and I said to Wade I am not waiting another week, we need to start, then we are a day closer to no continuous feeds overnite. Yay, one happy mummer, you just don't realise how good this makes me feel. We have been thru so much.

Now to tackle the nite time sleeping, one step at a time I guess.

Oh and I forgot to say the other day, we took Lachlan to Santa and got a photo and he smiled first time, he is such a clever boy, my friends bub got so many photo's cause she just wouldn't smile. It was just a shame he had a tube hangin out of his nose.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast