Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #23

Shazz, thats worse, at least i don't have to work today- poor you.
    We eneded up ging back to bed just after 7am and slept for another 2 hours so that was OK. Just trying to clean the house now (well Jess got a phone call so I decided to have a break too LOL)

Morning girls,

Very quiet in here this weekend!

Not much on today here. Just a few loads of washing and i have to try and start my assignment for uni. Its on communcation!!!

Briley slept pretty well lastnight. I only had to get up once to her at 4.45am. I did have to get up to the toilet a few time though!

Briley is sleeping now so i thought i would jump on here quickly.

Have a good day everyone!

Christine, yeah I loved having a day off. It was nice having Cooper to myself for the day too. We dont hand in a program, we just have to give a term overview by week 3. We are encouraged to plan weekly and be flexible, so a terms program would not be valuable IYKWIM. I do remember having to hand my program in when I worked in Sydney, I hated it.

Alison- that sounds like a much better system. I would much prefer that. Where did you work in Sydney?

Hi all.
    I'm over it today. Feel like a phat oomph. Can't get motivated to do anything. I weigh exactly the same as I did when I started the weight loss challenge. Finding it very hard.
    Went to the doctor yesterday, pinched a nerve in my back. Finding it a struggle to look after Katy, cause I can't really pick her up and if I am on the floor it's hard to get up when holding her. DH's working this weekend. He has the flu. Katy's much better now, the antibiotics have been working. Which is a good thing. I don't want to go to work tomorrow, but I guess I have to if I want to keep my car and house. bmr.

Enough from me, all negative vibes here.
    Will try and find some happy ones and BBL.

Jodie259 Guest

Hi Girls...
    sorry I'm not online much - but I do read your updates every day when I get the notification email. I've been busy busy and making an attempt to stay off forums in the evening so DH & I can have quality time together. My forum obsession & his online poker (a free one) were getting a bit out of control.

I made Shaun some apple muffins today! They are so cute because I used the mini muffin bakeware. I am NOT a cook of any sorts - so I was surprised they turned out so well. And now I have some "finger food" for him. Today was so funny - I gave him rockmelon, cantaloupe and watermelon to eat by himself. He wore most of it. It was smeared all across his chest. But he had fun attempting to eat it.

I'm sorry I'm not doing personals. But I'm thinking about you all individually

Hope you all had a great weekend - and a great week ahead!

cheers,
    Jodie
    xx

Oh Leanne- I hate those blah days. I had a really bad haircut last weekend and its still making me sad (I'm not really that vain its just it adds to the overall [email protected] look I have atm) Don't you wish we all had rich husbands and we didn't have to work?? I'm glad Katy is feeling better, bummer about your back, when Jess was little I dislocated a rib from the back somehow and was in agony. Can you get your mum or someone over to help you?
    Have to go get Jess from work, she's been doing parties today at Maccas. Have to resist the chocolate sundaes too which is difficult if you are depressed (or happy really too)

Thanks Christine.
    My DH brought home Lindt chocolate and we just shared a family block. Needless to day I am so going to be going back on the straight and narrow with the diet tomorrow. I feel like a heffer. I know what I have to do, it's just doing it.
    Well, I've taken my dose of voltaren and pain killers, so it's off to bed for me.
    Speak tomorrow.
    Night everyone.

Well I resisted the sundaes, shame about the family block of hazelnut chocolate I have eaten almost singlehanded today!!!

Christine, I taught in Sydney for 9 years. First I was in Wiley Park on blocks then I was made permanent and worked in Endeavour Hills.
    this is my 4th year in Victoria, counting the whole 8 weeks that I worked last year.

Just thought Iíd post tonight as Iím not going to be on much tomorrow. I am getting my hair done in the morning YAY!! And then will be studying for the rest of the day so you shouldnít see me here at all lol.

I went to my best friends engagement party last night and she asked me to be one her bridesmaids Ė whoo hoo!! Iím so excited! Iíve never been a bridesmaid before (well I was at my mums wedding but I was about 12 then lol) so Iím thrilled!

Shazz
    ~ Buggar at Ryan keeping you up. I hope you had a good day at work today! I was working as well!

Sara ~ I had my ears pierced when I was about 6 months. Iíve heard that its better to get them done at this age because they wonít play with their ears and theyíll heal fine. Where as toddlers will play with theirs IYKWIM. Otherwise you can just wait till she asks for them lol. I canít wait to see some photos! Iím glad that you and Brent are missing each other! Perhaps the time apart will do you both some good. How did that assignment go?

Alison ~ Its good to see you! How are things?

Leanne ~ Iím sorry to hear youíre having one of those days! I had one of them last week Ė just ask the girls lol! That picture of Katy is just gorgeous! She looks so grown up!!

Jodie ~ Would you be able to post the recipe for the apple muffins? Em loves his finger foods and these sound fantastic for him! Em started off all messy with his but now he eats heaps of fruit really well and all without teeth too lol.

Christine ~ What is your MSN addy? I will add you pmsl @ Jess wanting to go to the Mardi Gra!!! And crap hair cuts can do the most horrendous damage to your self esteem I swear! Iíve cried over many a bad hair do lol. I am jealous of Jess working at maccas. Can she get you cheap food? Can you tell I have a fast food addiction lol?

To be honest I donít really have all that much to say lol. Iím rather boring. I really donít feel like studying at all right now. But Iím not tired either. I think I might do a bit of scrap booking and then head to bed!

Jodie259 Guest

Mini Apple Muffins

2 cups plain flour
    1 tblspn baking powder
    1 teaspn ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 cup milk
    125g butter, melted
    1 egg, beaten
    2 green apples, peeled, cored & grated

1. Preheat the oven to 200c. Sift the flour, baking powder & cinnamon into a bowl. Stir in the sugar.

2. Make a well in the centre & add the combined milk, butter, egg & apple. Blend together, stirring no more than 15 times.

3. Spoon into greased mini muffin tins (I used ungreased silicone mini muffin one).. until 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool on a wire rack & store in an airtight container.

Muffins can be frozen in a sealed bag for up to 1 month.

recipe said it makes 24... but I filled each muffin space & it made over 30!! After Yariv & I had a few... (they're yummy)... I've stored them in ziplock bags into the freezer. Shaun had one for breakfast and he loves it.

Thanks Jodie! They sound yummy!!! I will have to buy a mini muffin tin now lol!

I'm off to get my hair done! I haven't had it done since before Christmas and I'm excited hehe!

Jodie259 Guest

You could use a big muffin tin too (and cut them in half or quarters)... but the mini ones are easy to store, and are the perfect size for a baby snack!
    But hey... if you need an 'excuse' to go shopping - go for it!!

I love the silicone bakeware! I have the whole range! I particularly love the flat mats and I have two of those. I never use oil or need to grease anything.

I have a cake one which I love. I've been meaning to start building my collection and getting them all. They are fantastic! I will pick one up in my next grocery shop I think.

morning all

Yum they sound very yummy Jodie
    i have tupperwares silicon ware and lovvvvve it ( wearing my tupperware dealers hat for a second lol.... bit of a plug there )

oh and Jodie i'd love for you to send me those articles on controlled comforting thanks

hope your studying Nat ....

big hi to everyone else

Afternoon ladies,

Just jumping on while i am at uni! The speed of the internet is absolutely delightful!!!!

Well i gave in lastnight and came into mums for the night. She called me at lunch time and asked if i was coming in cause she was having a bbq. Little did i know that she excepted me to prepare "her" bbq!!! I nearly had a heart attack!! So i went in and we ended up having chinese for dinner!

Nat - Have'nt even started the assignment!!! I just can't seem to get motivated!! he he! Better a get a riggle hey. I will make a move on it some time this week and hopefully finish it when Brent gets back and can look after Briley for me.

Jodie - Mmmm mmmm those muffins sound yummy! I'll have a go. I brought a muffin tray a while ago and have'nt even used it!!!

Leanne - Sorry to hear you were'nt feeling to well. Hope your not in too much pain!

Hi to everyone else.

Well i have another lecture at 4pm and thought i would come in here and borrow a book and burn some time. I will be going home tonight cause i have no uni tomorrow.

Hope you are all well....

BBL

Jodie259 Guest

Shazz... have just sent you a huge email! Hope it helps.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast