Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #6

Hehe kim what an excellent idea! Gordon is stuck on the idea of getting socks for Fathers Day - I have no idea why LOL. But he's getting his socks . I'm also getting him a photo album for himself as his brag book is almost full in 3 short months and god knows what he will do with all his shots!! I have also ordered a mug with a photo of Emerson printed on it. He wanted something for his desk and I thought that was a bit better then a photo frame and picture! Its actually a bigger shot of the one in my ticker. So cute!! And of course chocolate covered almonds because they are his favourite. And I can't wait to get a really cute card!!! Do you think that is all special enough for his first Fathers Day??

Jodie259 Guest

Fathers Day gift: I've got two bedtime books about "loving Dad". And I've bought some putty stuff and I'm going to shape it into a plaque then do an impression of Shauns hand & foot and write "happy fathers day ABA" (dad in hebrew) - and put the date. Then I will paint it up.
    I keep buying toys for Shaun... and most are 6 month+, and my stepmum said I should put them aside and give them at Christmas time! Good idea! I guess we're going to have to think like that and buy presents during the specials and put them aside for birthdays & christmas! Luckily our kids birthdays are mid-year.

I FEEL ANOTHER LONG POST COMING ON!! LOL

Hey Girls,

First to answer my own question Egg Donations: I would donate my eggs to a very select few of my friends and family, but only after I have finished having my children. Surrogacy I wouldn't do, I think I would get too attached and not be able to give up the child!!

Kim: Jayden is alway starting the "oioioioi" thing esp when he is tired and fighting it! How cute Darcy fading out as she is falling asleep!! Getting the housework done is def an achievement now...I even find myself saying what DP's says.."See I did the dishes today?....See I vacuumed?" LOL and sometimes "See I did S**T all today and I'm still buggered" LOL. Jayden is probably crying a bit more in the last week or 2 but overall I think its got better and I know what he is crying for!!

Shazz: How did Ryan go at MCHN?

Ange: Oh hun I hope Kat starts sleeping longer for you soon!! Do you get to have a sleep during the day?

Vic: Great to hear Adam is getting better (again hehe) You'll have to move further up north.."touch wood" I haven't had a cold since I was first PG and Jayden hasn't been sick yet. Jayden is also turning himself around but not rolling yet I thought he was going to on my bed after his bath so I got the vid cam out....but nothing . I hope the lump turns out to be just milk, I had a lump in my boob when I was 18 it was harmless but very scary!!

Leanne: WOW that is one expensive package!! What a shame they didn't turn out as good as expected though.....What is with these men?? That is something my DP would have done, thats why I left him at home when I went to see them LOL I hope Kaitlyn settles at night for you....How much does she weigh now? I get Jayden weighed on Tuesday....Can't wait hehe

Mummy: I'm glad Phoebe is getting back to normal - Jayden went through the growth spurt but I don't feel like my milk supply has increased, I still don't need to use breast pads and even by the morning I'm not sore from being so full like I had been. I am drinking sustagan now as I have heard that works to build supply. I felt a bit bad having my whinge cause overall I have it good - then I have one day that is bad and everyone has to know about it LOL. You need to get it out though no matter if its not as bad as someone elses problems or not IYKWIM.

Nat: LMAO @ your DP and BIL sounds like Chris....he wanted a remote control helcopter...thank god the SLR camera took priority haha Good luck with your uni app!! One house inspection we had when we first moved out together, we had a rabbit that we weren't meant to have and I hid him in the little room under the stairs and he was scratching to get out when the agent was there LOL luckily if he did hear it he didn't say anything....I heard it though! I used to tell the agent we were looking after the dogs for a friend and the cat was always outside..hmm must be the neighbours hehehe or we would get someone to take the dogs for a walk while the agent was there. LOL @ DP WANTING socks haha I threaten DP with "if you don't tell me what you want you will get sock n jocks!!" haha The mug is a great idea!! Get a pic of it to show us haha

Jodie: I have all Jayden's xmas pressies on layby already, I would be playing with them if they were at home LOL. oxoxox to Monkey, Jaws and Billy, they are SOOO cute!! Oh and Shaun too of course haha

I have no idea what to get him, he just got a $1600 camera so should I be getting anything for him? Maybe some accessories for it???

Anyway I really need to get some sleep.....Jayden has been asleep since 9.30pm hopefully he doesn't wake at 4.30am again like he did this morning....I fed him and fell asleep in the rocking chair with him til 5.45am.

OK nighty night mummies and bubbies!!

oxoxox

Well I'm posting at this ungodly hour because I'm tossing up whether to wake Em or not for a bottle. I ended up waking him @ 7.30 for a feed and then went to my parents where he went absolutely feral, had another bottle :eek: and then I ended up bringing him home!! He feel asleep in the car and has been asleep since but he has only had 4 bottles today and needs another one. My guess is he will be awake soon any way.

Vic ~ The canvas sounds gorgeous. I can't wait till Em is old enough to start making gifts. They will be so much more special then the bought ones!! I had to remove your link (sorry hun!) but I did check it out and it looks fabo. If anyone else wants to have a look email me on [email protected] and I will forward the link for you - but I left enough info in there for you to work it out hopefully!!

Jodie ~ That is a gorgeous idea with the putty stuff!! Where did you get it from?? I went nuts at the mid-year toy sales and I have $275 worth of toys for Em for christmas LOL...

Tania ~ Oh no don't mention helicopters LMAO... that is what they will want next!! I will have to take a pic when I get it and upload it onto my site for you all. LMAO @ hiding the rabbit - you sneaky things you!! I would never have the courage!!

You won't believe it but I have been scrapbooking!!! I did 3 more pages and I'm now up to week 24 of my pregnancy LOL. The best part is I love these pages - they are great!!! Anyway I have a small load of washing to hang up and then I will wake the boy if he isn't awake.

Nat for goodness sake I hope you actually went to bed!!??:eek:
    The mug idea is a great one, so I Vic's idea - how are you going to manage not to get paint everywhere though with it on feet and hands of wiggly kids? I really want to do this with Darcy, but i think I'll have to take her outside and cover everything she can reach with a cloth nappy so it can be bleached LOL.That's a great site Vic, but I'm with you, I reckon you could do that yourself.
    Cam's birthday is only two weeks after fathers day, so he gets two rounds of pressies quite close, my mums is the day before fathers day, my sister's is the next week and then Cams sister is 3days before his! I hate September LOL!!!! October's not much better wither.
    I have all of the toys we will give Darcy for chrissie either on extended layby or in her wardrobe (well she's not going to look in there is she?). We might get a couple of other things, but she's too little yet. ATM she only has two toys - a small rattle with rings and a little bug that goes on her wrist, and everytime you get them out it's like they are new again anyway.
    I have already started to look for Christmas pressies for everyone else too since the budget will be tight.
    Which reminds me, will you girls email me your postal addresses? I'd like to send you all a christmas card (I have to start making them shortly don't get as much time anymore).

*Yawn* Morning Girls,

I think I should have gone to bed when Jayden did....I went to bed about 1am Jayden woke just after for a feed....then it was play time so 2 songs and a book later (it was nearly 3am) we went back to sleep...until 4.30am and boy did he scream!! Fed him again and who knows what time we went to sleep because I fell asleep in the rocking chair with him again and then I took him back to bed with me then he wakes at 8.30am....I put him off until 9am but the poor lil thing had the yukkiest nappy explosion I have seen in quite a while LOL I guess when it says "daytime" on nappies, its there for a reason!!

Nat: Did Em wake up for a feed or did you wake him? I try sleep feeds with Jayden sometimes if he has only had 4 feeds in the day but it never works...he thinks its play time after that so I don't get to sleep for at least an hour after I have finished feeding him.

Kim: Poor you with all those bdays!! Aug/Sept is a bit the same for us too: SIL #2 07/08, Niece#2 08/08, Mum 16/08, DP 18/08, SIL#1 20/08, my Nan 27/08, SIL#3 02/09, MIL 14/09, Niece #1 15/09 and Step Nephew 28/09...Spose thats what I get for getting involved in such a big family!!

Christmas cards is a great idea, can everyone email me their postal addresses too please?

Yesterday afternoon Jayden and I had a nap, only to be woken by the dogs barking...I got up to let them in and SIL #1 and Niece were at the back door about to come in! I must have been really out to it as they had been knocking and yelling out for a while and I heard nothing!!

Well I'm off to have a shower and go shopping...Jayden needs a bookshelf then home for an afternoon nap.

Have a great day girls

oxoxo

LOL I was in bed and asleep by 2. My sleeping patterns really do need to change LOL. May / June is our busy time of year - I think there is about 8 or 9 birthdays :eek: Hehe @ Darcy's two toys. Em only has a few - he won't hoold anything yet tho. Managed to grab his dummy the other day and was hitting himself in the face with it - he had no idea what was going on lmao!! You've reminded me about Em's wriste toysas well I will get them out today!!

Tania ~ I did wake Em for a feed anda change. He had his bottle and was asleep by the end of it so I was lucky! I had to wake him up this morning as well as we are going out. The card idea is excellent. I will remember to send all my address when I get back this afternoon (hopefully LOL) Damn @ Jayden being up and down all night. You take a nice nap this afternoon!!

I am off to visit my Nannie in hospital and then my Dad is coming down with my step-mum and little brother and sister for the afternoon and then dinner when my other brother joins us. So a busy day!! There will be a gap in between though and hopefully I can get some scrap booking down lol... I'm getting more and more excited about reaching the actual baby photos rather then just belly shots and journal entries lmao!! Will pop back in later to see if any one is around. Have a great Saturday!!

Vic, was thinking about you this morning. Have you been to see anyone about that lump yet? Has it gone away???

Kellee Guest

Kim Ė yay for no typos! Good girl. Hope that means you werenít sleep deprived, and I hope youíre still not! That sounds so cute about Darcy talking. Bet sheíll be an early talker.

Jodie Ė yay for Shaunís growth spurt! You must be doing all the right things, huh?

Tania Ė yes, it seems like you do have a lot of patience for the outlaws. You sound like you handle them so well. I wish I could gather them all together and tell them that theyíre a bit silly and that youíre very clever and you know what youíre doing! And in regard to your hypothetical questionÖ I think I probably would. Especially if it were a close friend or family member. What about being surrogate? There are three people I would be a surrogate mum for if I had to (almost SIL and two best friends), but it would be so hard to give the baby away at the end. I reckon I would have to have finished having all my kids first, and Iím not sure if I am at this stage. I wonder why the Sustagen is supposed to work Ė does it have much protein in it? I know that protein-rich foods are supposed to help (fish/eggs/chicken) and I know that the mornings I have eggs for breakfast my supply seems to be better through the day.

Vic Ė gosh, the poor kids who live in your area! I suppose that must happen a lot with CC centres. How frustrating for you all! How clever Adam is turning around like that. Itís a bit of a bugger when they start moving because you canít leave them anywhere for too long. Hope the lump goes away too.

Leanne Ė I hate how they put you on the spot like that at the photo places. Thereís no point in paying for photos that you donít like so I reckon you definitely did the right thing. Sorry to hear that Kaitlyn has been a bit off lately. Maybe thereís something in the alignment of the planets Ė Toby was the same for three nights in a row (waking up about every 1 Ĺ hours Ė it was driving us crazy!) but last night was better, so I hope that Kaitlyn picks up soon too. Glad that you had a good visit with your friend.

Mummy Ė glad to hear that Phoebe is back to her normal self. Donít feel bad Ďwhingingí about having to wake up Ė if you werenít used to it, it would suck! Itís not so bad if youíre used to it though.

Lea Ė Em up until 12! Wow, heís a night owl! We put Toby to bed around 5 or 6, but then weíre up every three to four hoursÖ you donít have to get up to him as much do you? What are you going to study at uni? And who will look after Em when youíre studying? LOL at the remote control planes. My DH was into a model remote control plane building phase just before Charlie was born Ė glad he got too busy to do anymoreÖ it was cluttering up our rumpus room! Fatherís Day Ė I think Gordon will love it. Iím a bit naughty Ė we donít really have the $ for presents around here so things like Motherís Day and Fatherís Day get a bit forgotten. I will try to think of something nice to get him, but it might just be some more imported beers or something, and if weíre not busy we might go for a picnic. When the kids get older I think it will be more special. And I will be training them to think that Motherís Day is special too! Gosh, I just saw what time you posted last Ė hope you got some sleep!

Sorry, that was another long one from me! At least Iím able to post more than just weekly atm. I thought Iíd better post this afternoon because if I get on here tonight when DH is at his radio shift I probably wonít get off until he gets home at 1 and then Iíll be stuffed! Iíve been really tired lately Ė Iíve been walking like a madwoman to try and get this weight off and itís just not happening. Itís starting to really depress me actually Ė I had a trivia night to go to tonight and I spent ages going through my cupboards yesterday to find something to wear and I, quite literally, have no clothes that fit me properly. Everything is either too small (pre-pg) or too big (maternity). So Iím not going. Isnít that sad? I feel so pathetic. Iím sure Iíll get over it, but itís kind of marring this whole mothering thing for me at the moment. Anyway, now thatís off my chest Ė Iíll be fine, donít worry.

Toby had a few rotten night recently, but seems to have gone back to his usual happy self, thank goodness. We werenít getting any sleep and we were knackered and weíre not sure why he was waking. It was very odd. Although, heís not too happy atm Ė heís fighting going back to sleep. Actually, does anyone else have this problem Ė quite often heíll wake only half and hour or so after going to sleep in the arvo only to almost fall asleep in my arms while Iím settling him. The last couple of days Iíve just calmed him down a bit and put him back Ė he puts up a fight but has gone down both times (not too sure how it will go today though! Heís really going for it!). I donít know why that happens or what the best thing is to doÖ any ideas?

Anyway, better go and calm him down again Ė little bugger! Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Jodie259 Guest

Lea13 - the putty I got is called Jovi - and I got it from a craft store at Chadstone (near Target). I just realised that Fathers Day is next weekend - so I better get organised and make this plaque.

Shaun has been really grumpy today. Only having little naps and not drinking much. But he went down at 10pm, and it's now midnight - so I hope he stays asleep. Seems like lots of our kids are restless at the moment.

Kellee - Shaun is acting exactly the same way Toby is! And I understand about the clothes thing! I reluctantly went and bought two pair of jeans because I my clothes were either too big or too small. And I only had tracky pants which is not a good look! I am living in the jeans - although I look so big in them. My gym work is doing nothing for weightloss as I'm still eating like a pig. I really should get serious about this weightloss thing.

Tannis: is was great chatting with you the other night. (or was it yesterday...??) Gadgets for the camera is definately a good idea. My husband goes nuts buying electronic stuff. We bought a digital/video camera when we went overseas last year. But now we want a better digital camera & a seperate video camera. So that's my hubbys latest obsession.

I've been spring cleaning all weekend. I can't believe how much stuff I've hoarded over the years! I put a bookshelf into Shauns bedroom as I've been going nuts on eBay buying him books. He's now got 102 little golden books!!! And countless board books and little kids books. I have to stop now. He can't read.

Hope that you're all having a great weekend. Anything exciting???
    Wishing you all a great week ahead!

RE: Egg donation. I'm sure I'm too old to donate eggs. And I need all the eggs I can get as I would like to try again for another kid. I guess I've never thought about donating eggs, but if I was younger and the situation arised - I think I would donate eggs for family or very very close friends.

Jodie, books on ebay is a great idea! I went looking today and the kids books are so expensive!! For one of my baby showers my cousin (who is a librarian) knows how mush i love books and organised everyone to bring a book for the baby - even my dad sent one LOL.
    I wish I was more technical with all that stuff, but I struggle with the basics - like the DVD player .
    I've been walking like a madwoman too Kell - was inspired by your blog. However, there is a group home 2 doors up and one bloke wanders the street during the day. He wear black and leather and has a mohawk and looks mean - but he's harmless. DH befriended him and now he sees me walk past and runs out! He calls me his girlfriend and I am too nice to ignore him LOL. Lucky Cam told him the wrong name. Now I have to walk the long way everytime I walk so I don't walk past there.
    I've jinxed myself too. I had a great sleeper, but last night she was very restless. However she's back in her bed for a bit so I hope tonight's better. I don't know what to do with all my time ATM - can you tell - I'm rambling like an old woman. I've never had such a neat house LOL.

Morning girls, I need to let this out

Yesterday was one of the worst days since my DD arrived. I could not stop crying. All day it was, I was so down. Everything just became too much.

I was supposed to go to SIL#1's baby shower and had spent the weeks before sewing a quilted play mat for her. I had known about the shower weeks before as SIL#2 had told me about it. I got the invitation on Wednesday night by phone and got myself so worked up and was so anxious about attending I could not stop crying.

Needless to say I did not go anywhere, as my head looks like a tomato after a crying session, and stayed inside most of the day.

Today I feel a lot better, like a totally different person again. My DD must have known it was a bad day for all and slept from 12 to 7 and is now back down for a sleep again.

Does anyone else ever have days like this? Am I normal?

Leanne! Yes I have days like that too, but why didn't you give me a call? You poor love.

Kellee Guest

Jodie Ė good girl for going to the gym. Are you back on WW? I havenít actually gone back to tracking yet Ė maybe I should. Iím eating really healthily though. Well done on the cleaning too! I can only get little bits done at a time. Those books sound great!

Kim Ė maybe that guy is a blessing in disguise Ė making you walk the long way round! Sounds a bit creepy though. BTW, if you want something to do with your time you can come and clean for me!

Leanne Ė big hugs to you. Yes, you are totally normal. It sucks, but we all have days like that. If you feel like itís happening more often that not though and you canít do it all on your own (which is TOTALLY understandable) then maybe itís worth talking to someone. Weíre all ears if you ever need us.

Vic Ė I feel your pain. Well done on the walk Ė itís hard with lots of kids, hey? Although I only have to worry about two and thatís hard enough. Glad to hear that DS had a lovely day. Hooray for not having to worry too much about the cake too. Iíll have to get the plan for the Spot cake off you for Charlieís birthday next year Ė he loves him.

Having a day at home here. Trying madly to catch up with all my washing Ė itís taking forever. Was supposed to go with Mum to find her an outfit for my brotherís wedding, but I thought if I didnít get the washing done today it would probably pile up all week. I didnít get to tell you guys that I met up with another BBer on Thursday with her two kids. It went really well. I was nervous about it (it felt like a blind date!) but she was lovely and her two kids are so cute! Hopefully weíll be able to meet up again. It was nice to talk to someone around my age that knew what having kids was like.

Another busy week for us Ė does it ever stop?! Toby has his jabs on Tuesday, which I am dreading, playgroup on Wednesday followed by one of Mumís friends and Mum coming over for lunch, DH has an SDO on Thursday so Iíll probably catch up on more housework (joy of joys) and Iíll be cooking all day Friday in preparation for almost SILís kitchen tea on Saturday! Oh well, at least Iím not bored! Anyway, better go and hang out another load of washing. Fun fun fun. Hope youíre all well.

Hey Girls,

Leanne: Oh hun, I had one of those days last monday, all I could do was cry and I wanted to walk out of the house and never come back!! We are always here if you need to let it all out. Big for you!

Nat: How was your busy day? Did you get any scrapbooking done?

Kim: Jayden has heaps of toys, but he has only just started playing with them, he bashes up the toys hanging from his gym and he has a mini mobile that you pull it and it makes bubble noises and then plays music and he has just learnt to pull the thing on his own.....It was so exciting haha If you don't know what to do, your always welcome up here to tackle my housework LOL.

Kellee: Yes, Sustagen is high in protein (and low GI). I'm still not sure if I have enough or if Jayden is just fussy, he'd be lucky to feed for 4 mins on 1 side and 4- 10 on the other and it doesn't matter which side I start with it is the same . I bought some Fenugreek tablets today, so hopefully they work too. Toby is probably just too interested in whats going on around him to waste his time sleeping haha, Jayden is the same but he will go to sleep almost straight away if he's in my arms.

Jodie: It wasn't last night but the night before ( I think ) Haha and it was great!! Cameras and video camera's are a good obession, because its something you can use a lot as well. SIL#4 and I want to get into glamour photography...I need a lot of practice though haha. You've got me back into ebay looking for golden books now LOL. Your not too old for egg donation, SIL#4 is 41 she donated her eggs.

Vic: Happy Birthday DS1!! Great to hear he had a great day....How exciting getting a dog, what kind is it? How old? I can't help you with Adam and having a bottle. Jayden took to it straight away....but then he had too because I couldn't feed him when we first came home from hospital.

Well nothing got done yesterday.....I was way too tired. Jayden and I had a 3 hour sleep on the couch! He went psycho last night in the bath for who knows what reason, but he slept from 12-7am so I can't complain hehe. We had another jewellery party today which was good and Jayden slept most of the day.

Hope you all had a great weekend

oxoxox

Kellee Guest

Tania Ė donít worry too much about Jayden being a short feeder. Both mine have been short feedersÖ usually no more than 10 minutes in total, and often only one side. I put it down to me being a bit of a Jersey cow. I think if you were losing your supply he would want to be feeding all the time, but if heís feeding regularly and a reasonable time between feeds Iím sure youíre fine. What did you buy from the jewellery party? That sounds fun.

Wow, youíre all quiet in here today! I hope itís because youíre all enjoying your little men and ladies. DH has gone to see one of his friends play, and I couldnít go because I had to babysit. Bugger. I canít wait until Toby is one, then itís easier for me to leave them both with my Mum. I ended up having Mum, Dad, my brother and almost SIL over for an impromptu dinner, so that was nice. Donít get to see Dad or my brother much because theyíre so busy (Mum and Dad own their own business and my bro is training to be a pro golfer), so it was nice to hang out, even if I was cooking most of the time!

Anyway, off to cruise the forums if no one here wants to play! Have a great night.

just a quick one we are all sick here i feel just plain awful i worked all wekend and i just don't know how i managed to do it my head feels like it is going to explode very soon but enough whinging Nick got his test results back we are still on tender hooks his white blood cell count back at a very low reading so apparently he is to stay away from sick people and have a repeat test in 3 weeks if the results of this one aren't good either he is off to a speacialist pronto Ryan has been a little bugger for his dad while i was at work and tonight he just does not want to settle i had to take him into my bed to calm him down then transfer him to his bed when he was soundly sleeping i so hope this trend ends (tomorrow) i think he just missed me ( or should i say boobie feeds his not exactly fussed with the bottle but will take it if he has too ) so that where we are at hopefully i'll be back tomorrow i have a heap of research to do we are organising our school reunion for next year and i have to find heaps of people so if any of you know of anyone that went to Laidley State high school between 1990- 1992 point them in my direction thanks

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Girls....How are you all going?

DH and I took Samuel & Phoebe to the Show yesterday, it was great. Samuel wasn't big enough to go on the kiddies rides last year, and this year we couldn't keep him off them. The first ride he went on was this beetle thing, that went up and down and around in circles. Everytime he came past us he would squeal with delight. I was laughing so much that I had tears streaming down my face. By the time we got to the last ride of the night, he was getting tired and wanted his dad to go on with him...the man controlling the ride said that it was fine for him to go around with him. My DH was terribly embarrassed as people were walking past laughing and pointing. I got some wonderful pics which DH isn't too happy about and wants me to delete them. It just shows that he would embarrass himself just to keep his little guy happy. Phoebe was really good, but being BF is abit difficult when out at those types of things. A friend said that she was sure there was a BF van, but when you have a screaming, hungry baby you just have to find somewhere fast. The whole day I didn't see any facilities for breast feeding mums, which is a little disappointing, as we wouldn't eat in a toilet so why should a baby. We stayed on for the fireworks, which only held Samuel's attetion for 10 minutes. After coffee at a friends house we finally got home at 10, Samuel and Phoebe fell asleep on the car ride home and we didn't hear a peep out of Samuel until 9am and Phoebe woke for a small feed at 5 am and went staight back to sleep. It was a great day, but I tell you my poor feet certainly felt it.

Sorry no personals tonight girls, having an early one....still trying to recover from Saturday.

Good Night, Catch you all tomorrow, Take Care. X

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast