Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #7

Happy Birthday Vic for yesterday.
    Have a lovely night tonight.

I think Lachie's on prescription formula - is that right Sheree? It tastes pretty bland and awful though so I agree he probably thinks it's yuk. Specially after BM which has different tastes and consistencies.

Good on your decisions made too Tania. You have given it a fair go.

Well I just had to post before I get ready to go out today. Darcy and I were up early (well that's nothing new) - painting! I managed to paint her hand and foot to sign her Fathers Day Cards and Nanny's birthday card - and then of course I had to get a couple of extras for her scrapbook. She didn't even protest as much as I thought she would. There's more paint on me than her LOL.

Hi all...

Just quickly, does anyone know how to get non toxic ink off a baby's foot?!!! Like some of you I was doing Kaitlyn's foot print to put in a frame for daddy for fathers day, and now she has a green foot.... I tried paint but to no avail, and I heard someone else used an ink pad.

Anyway, I've washed it but it still looks a little green. I know my DH is going to ask questions when he gets home from work if I don't fix it.... and that will give the present away...

Jodie ~ Thanks so much for the nail cutting tip. That is something we are really struggling with right now. So we are going to give it a shot.

Kim ~ LMAO @ looking like a self harmer!! LOL @ no longer feeling like a stranger Ė the rest of the boards are great arenít they?? Fairly addictive though!! Glad to hear that you went alright with Darcy and her foot prints. What sort of paint did you use??

Ange ~ Good luck at Tresillian Ė I really hope you get some good results.

Shazz ~ That is great tip re starting solids! How is Nick going now??

Leanne ~ That is so cute that Kaitlyn loves Wheel of Fortune!! Have you tried a medicine dummy at all with regards to the medicine?? OMG @ the green foot lmao!!! I have no idea how to get it offÖ GL with it though!!

Tania ~ LOL @ Jayden wanting to see the TV Ė the cheeky little monkey!! Hehe @ thinking you had lost your post. That was a huge one so your heart must have been in your throat lol. That is great about the egg donation and your decision re BF should the new meds not work. I think it all sounds really postitive for you.

Kellee ~ YAY @ only 5 kgs to go!!! OMG @ everything you managed to do the other day. Doesnít days like that make you feel so proud! How gorgeous of Toby laughing at you and loving to hear you sing! Your weekend sounds jammed packed with lots of visiting and cooking LOL! I hope you have a lovely time!

Sheree ~ The poem in my present is this one:

Footprints

"Walk a Little slower, Daddy." said a little child so small.
    I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they're hard to see;
    So walk a little slower Daddy, for you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up, You're what I want to be.
    Then I will have a little child who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right, and know that I was true;
    So, walk a little slower, Daddy, for I must follow you!!
    I did try brown sugar and water instead. Iím not really sure if it worked though LOL. He seems to be happy enough now though. LOL @ Lachie being a hands on man now!! Have you tried demand feeding with LachieÖ I donít know what he is like with it but after his 4 oíclock feed maybe that 7.30 feed was just too soon for him considering how little his stomach is used to and how much more formula would fill him up. I think that the mls is fine if he appears content and is having enough wet nappies. I think you are doing real well hun.

Vic ~ I think the drops are working alright. I am taking him to the Drís on Tuesday re his lactose intolerance and a new formula. So I will see what he says. LMAO @ bumping and dunking kids. How true is that!! I hope that Adam is happier on formula for you and he starts stretching out those feeds!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you have a lovely dinner out with DH. Awww how cute with the puppy!! I am so looking forward to when we get one for Em. That is a great tip Ė I do that all the time. I also make sure I have a full set of clothes for him because the one time I didnít he weed everywhere during a nappy change and soaked himself LOL.

Good afternoon Girls,

I am exhausted already and the day if far from over haha. I was sitting here relaxing this morning when I get a call from my niece to meet them out shopping for morning tea, so I rushed and got in the shower got Jayden dressed quickly ate a yoghurt for brekki and rushed out the door. That was at 10am its now 4.30pm and I have not long been home!! So morning tea ended up being lunch as well then went straight to see another niece play her netball finals....poor girl lost by 8 points . Anyway I get home and started to feed Jayden when I get a knock at the door, I yelled out that I couldn't come to the door ( thinking it would be one of the many in laws), and a little girls voice says "Can we walk your dogs?" What the!!??? I have no idea who they were and I couldn't see them, but I said no! By the sounds of them they would have been young and there is no way they could control my 2 dogs!! I finished feeding Jayden and went to the door but they had gone....I'm wondering if they are the ones that had let our dogs out a while ago...I wouldn't go up to someones house I didn't know and ask to walk their dogs...hmm strange I think hehe

Kim: Hmm painting with a 3 (nearly 4)mth old......messy I would imagine any wonder you had more paint on you...Sounds so fun though!!

Leanne: Try the trusty bicarb and water LOL I have no idea if it works but it gets rid of everything else....if nothing works keep socks on Kaitlyn so Mark doesn't see and either don't bath her tonight or get him to do something else so he doesn't see her feet hehe

Nat: TBH I nearly S**T myself LOL because it was so huge and it was so late and I was sooo tired!! Lucky though hehe. RE BF'ing, Jayden has had a good 3mths of it and its not worth the stress, I'm still hoping either the fenugreek or the meds work but its no biggy if it doesn't. That poem is gorgeous, I had tears in my eyes reading it!

Anyway not sure what we are doing tonight, it is SIL#3's bday but she doesn't want to do anything for it so no one is going over to see her!! Chris is still at footy and Jayden is alseep on my bed....I have washing to do, I've got to make sure Jayden's pink tshirts and jeans are washed and dried for tomorrow and I will get chris to wear the same thing....it'll be so cute!!! I'll get pics of them. Well just got a call from one of the niece's and she wants us to go there for dinner so I guess thats what we are doing (beats cooking!!). Alright better get the washing on before Jayden wakes up.

Have a great weekend girls!!!
    oxoxox

Leanne - windex??? gets everything else off LOL

lol windex she'll have squeeky clean tooties in no time

Hi, got the green ink off.. LOL.... Baby wipe did the trick!

Kaitlyn gave daddy his present tonight as he leaving early for work tomorrow, and he loved it.... :O)

Enjoy your days tomorrow girls....

Happy Fathers Day to all your partners/husbands and Dads.

Don't think I've ever wanted Darc to wake up this much....have a lovely day everyone.

PS Nat, that wasn't the poem I was thinking of....mine was by Mary Stevensen 1936
    Footprints in the Sand
    One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
    Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
    In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
    Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
    other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
    that during the low periods of my life,
    when I was suffering from
    anguish, sorrow or defeat,
    I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
    ďYou promised me Lord,
    that if I followed you,
    you would walk with me always.
    But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
    there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
    Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?Ē

The Lord replied,
    ďThe times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
    is when I carried you.Ē

Wow those poems are sweet.

Well we did the footprint thing too yesterday, thanks for the idea gals. We gave Wade his fathersday pressie today. I painted Lachie's feet and we imprinted his card and wrote the poem on the card - thanks Nat, Wade loved it. He was asking all sorts of questions yesterday after Wade woke from a sleep, where are his mittens, I said they are dirty and he kept asking why, and I just said it is a surprise, he kept persisting and I just said you wait till tomorrow. So yes Lachie got paint all over his mittens I also gave him a keyring with Lachie's name on it with the meaning of his name, a magnetic photo frame with lachie's piccy and a bag full of darrell lea choccies. He loved it all.

And thanks for all your advice ladies, it appears Lachie is stretching himself out to 4 hourly feeds at present, will just go with him I guess. He won't drink all of the 120ml either at times but again will just go with him regardless of him chucking (just can't believe how much he chucks up and is still so content) if he pushes it away then he is obviously not hungry, maybe the extra calories are filling him more??? so yes this worry monster has left the building thanks gals.

While I was in Mackay my sister saw this guy in the shopping centre that does up childrens books and cds with your childrens names in it, so it is a story about them. They are great and not real expensive. He has a website, will have to locate it, I want to get some more, they would be great gifts. If anyone is interested will send you the link when I find it.

Lachie has been hangin out in his muscle singy and nappy, it is so warm here already, I would hate to think what summer is going to bring. He is such a hot baby, I am and was so hot being pregnant, guess he gets that from me.

Ok gotta run, been here for way too long and should get a few things done while my boy is asleep. Such a more content baby these days, and one can only wonder why I continue to worry, SORRY.

Oh and nice catching up yesterday Tania on MSN, we will have to catch up in real life soon. Still can't believe we both know Nikki :eek:

Ohhh and Happy Birthday Vic, hope you had a lovely day.
    Last edited by Lea13; September 3rd, 2006 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Double Post

Hi Girls!!

Just thought i'd pop my head in for 5mins before i go to mum's for tea and say hi! So He He!

We just got back from our second trip of moving stuff up too the house. While we were up there Brent decided to take his mate on a tour in the ute cause it has been raining for 2 days. Well..................then he gets bogged does'nt he!!! MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was going to say something but knew i'd only get told to shut up so i did. Now we have'nt got a ute to move stuff. We had to leave it up there!

Just a quick one:

Sheree - RE: Lachie feeding - Maybe you should just let him tell you when he is hungry. I know with Briley i just leave her until she gives me the signs that she is hungry. Sometimes she leaves 6hrs between feeds. Her last bottle is at 9ish and she sleeps right through till 6am. So maybe you should just try demand feeding him.

Everyone else i will catch up with you when i get home later. Hope all the dads are enjoying their special day.

Talk later

Sara

Jodie259 Guest

Did you all have a wonderful Fathers Day?? We did. It was nearly perfect. We decided to have dinner at our house and the family to come over here. By that I mean my Father, step-Mum, step-bro, step-sis & her b/f... and my youngest step-sis lives with us (for 4 months now). It's been a looonnnngggg time since the family was together, as my youngest steo-sis had been a bit of 'trouble' for the last few years & cut off. But we were hoping today would be the start of many happy days as a family. MMmm. That was the plan. But step-sis leaves the house in the morning & says she's not coming back home till it's all over. WTF! She also says that she can't handle being 'straight' all the time & living in the 'burbs... and is going back to Geelong to her 'friends' and drugs & alcohol. After she was gone for hours, I convinced her to come back home & stay outside in her bungalow whilst we were all in the house having dinner. At least she did that. Hopefully we can convince her to stay with us rather than return to her debauch (sp?) previous life.

For presents I had made a plaque for my husband & my dad. My hubby's had a hand & foot impression, and my Dads had my hand impression with Shauns hand inside it. I have taken a photo... but not loaded them up on the website yet. So take a look in the next few days & you can see them. And I'll scan all his professional shots & put them on too. Hubby also got two "Daddy" books to read Shaun, and the Dave Hughes DVD. Not only is this my husbands first Fathers Day... but they don't celebrate it at all in Israel - so it was really a 'first' for him. At first he didn't think much of it... but with presents, and all the focus on him - he rather enjoyed it in the end.

Sorry I'm not doing personals. I am soooo tired right now. And I rarely do personals which is really naughty. I am always so impressed with you girls who go through all the comments and leave a little note for each poster. I do read ALL the posts... but I have to be really organised to comment on each post.

I won a heap of toys on eBay tonight. I am becoming a bit obsessed with eBay at the moment (again). Stopped buying books... now it's toys (Fisher price etc). He's got quite a collection now! It's so great because he is starting to grab at things now. He sits in a little kiddy chair that attaches to the table... and I put some toys in front of him, and he plays with them and squeels. He laughs so much too. Even when he's crabby & crying you can get a smile or laugh out of him. Mind you, he crying has become louder with the occassional high pitch sqeal. Don't like that much.

Well, I'm off to bed for a very early night. I'm going to gym twice tomorrow... so I need some rest tonight! Not that I'm putting much effort into gym... and I'm eating like a pig. I think I've put on weight in the last few weeks!!! I really have to get serious - soon! I got an email tonight from my Weight Watchers friend saying they need helpers again. I was a 'helper' for 4 years at WW so I didn't have to pay. I am tempted to go back again, particularly as they need help. Something to think about....

Hope you all had a great weekend girls. Happy Fathers Day to all your partners. Can't wait for mothers day... wonder what we'll get?

LOL Sheree, Leanne and I got Mothers Day this year - in Hospital. Was quite cute because the nurses made all the mums a card.

WHY going to the gym twice???

Cam loved his nursery rhyme book, and the fact that I put Darcy in her awful dress FIL gave her when she was born. I did it as a peace offering, but he still didn't speak directly to me the whole night! :grr: Oh well we've done what we can, it's up to them to act like adults (and the parents they should be - not children) now.

We've had such a busy weekend, I'm so glad to be staying home today. We're going to garden. Darcy just loves to be outside. Looking forward to tomorrow though. We have organised to meet up with the mums from our antenetal class for a coffee in the mountains - which reminds me - must text the others.

Speaking of going outside. Darcy has quite a small head (still wearing 0000 hats), and I can't find any cool sun hats for her. Don't want a daggy one, but they're all huge on her. If anyone sees any little ones can you let me know what shops they are in. Cheers.

Ange in case you read this, good luck this week.

Shazz, how's Nick?

Vic, so glad you enjoyed your night out. We're going to the Boy from Oz in a fortnight and I'm stressed about leaving Darcy already. I'm going to hunt down the hand one for you.

YAAAYYY Lachie - hey Sheree, once you actually get into the groove it's quite fun isn't it? I'm glad you're worrying a little bit less.

Kellee Guest

Howdy all,

Sheree Ė sorry I donít have any tips on the feeding thing. Is this what he has when he demand feeds, or are you trying to set up a feeding schedule for him? I wish I could help you out, but Iím sure someone will come up with some solutions for you. BTW, Iím not SuperMum, donít worry! Itís all a faÁadeÖ LOL BTW, Iím glad that Lachie is more contented, but it doesnít matter whether theyíre happy or not Ė you NEVER stop worrying, so get used to it!

Jodie Ė woah, sounds like youíve had a bit of a time with your step-sister. Itís a shame that it put a downer on your day. What a lovely idea for presents too. Going to the gym twice Ė impressive! I reckon you should go to help at WW again Ė maybe youíll be encouraged to eat well too. Iíve been meaning to go back too, but Iím scared that my scales might be different to theirs and I would be really upset.

Vic Ė sounds like you made the right decision with the ff. Itís just too hard when youíre struggling to bf while looking after other kids too. Hope it works out better for you. And happy birthday too! I hope you had a great time out. Thatís nice of your sister to offer to look after the kids. And a new puppy! How cute. How is he with the kids? No biting or anything? LOL at the Fatherís Day ďpresentĒ. Hope you bought something nice. How nice that DH has the week off.

Tania Ė Yep, the kids were awake on that crazy day! Believe me, I was as surprised as you that I managed to get it all done. I didnít do all the cooking for the kitchen tea when the kids were awake, but I was baking like a fiend when they went to sleep on Friday night and DH looked after Charlie while I went to the kitchen tea. I took Toby, but he slept through most of it so I could be a good hostess! The bicarb thing sounds good. Toby has cradle cap and I think heís going to have bad skin like me (bloody redheads!). Iíll give it a try. So when do you think youíll start on the meds? You certainly have given bf a good go, and heís got a lot of benefit out of it. I know that Ďbreast is bestí but sometimes I think the medical profession pushes it a bit too much and makes mums feel guilty if they canít do it/decide to stop for whatever reason. It really is a personal choice and I hope that no-one feels judged for whatever decisions they make. Gosh, you sound like youíve been busy too! Hope you had a nice dinner at SILís house.

Kim Ė what a cute idea for Fatherís Day. I wish I was energetic enough to do that. The most I could manage was a lovely breakfast for DH. It will be lovely to look back at that when Darcyís older too. Sorry that FIL was a pain, but it sounds like itís to be expected these days anyway, right? I bet youíll love Boy From Oz Ė I saw it a few years ago (not the stadium version) and it was great. Would be awesome with Hugh Jackman too. Mmm, Hugh Jackman.

Lea Ė what a gorgeous poem. I bet Gordon loved it, and I hope you guys had a nice day.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. We had a busy one Ė almost SILís kitchen tea went really well, but I ate waaaaay too much and there were leftovers too, so Iíve been eating all weekend. Not such a good thing to do with the wedding less than 5 weeks away. Itís raining on and off here today so Iím going to go to Mumís and spend most of the day on the treadmill to make up for it! Toby doing great. He settles so well, which is half the battle, I reckon. I donít have to go into him most times at all Ė he just grizzles for a few minutes and goes to sleep when heís ready. Weíve had some good nights recently Ė one where he went 7 hours then 5 hours between feeds, and the other night he went 8! Hope itís a sign of things to come. We were shocked Ė Charlie would NEVER have done that. Things are all going well here. Weíre going away with Mum, Dad, bro and almost SIL on the weekend for Dadís 50th. Should be fun, but almost SIL and Dad can really push each otherís buttons, so weíve had to speak to them separately to make sure that they are good, otherwise it will spoil the whole weekend. I hope it goes ok! Anyway, off to Mumís. I hope you guys all have a lovely day.

hmmhmm Hugh Jackman - amen Kellee

Vic what did we call the puppy? ....I miss my pet.....

Default Handprint poems

OK Vic, here's what I found....

Sometimes you get discouraged
    Because I am so small
    And always leave my fingerprints
    On furniture and walls
    But every day I'm growing --
    I'll be grown some day
    And all those tiny handprints
    Will surely fade away
    So here's a little handprint
    Just so you can recall
    Exactly how my fingers looked
    When I was very small
    Put a date here
    Love, put child's name here
    -
    I miss you when we're not together
    I'm growing up so fast
    See how big I've gotten
    Since you saw me last?
    As I grow, I'll change a lot,
    The years will fly right by.
    You'll wonder how I grew so quick
    When and where and why?
    So look upon this handprint (these handprints)
    That's hanging on your wall.
    And memories will come back of me,
    When I was very small.
    -
    My Hands
    These little hands can wave Hello
    Or put smudges on the wall
    They can fold in prayer, throw a kiss
    Or reach up so very tall
    They'll clasp your hand for a little stroll
    Or shape a ball from clay
    But most of all, they'll stay with you
    When I'm grown up and far away
    -
    My Handprints
    There used to be so many
    Of my finger prints to see
    On furniture and walls and things
    From sticky, grubby me.
    But if you stop and think awhile
    Youíll see Iím growing fast
    These little moments disappear
    You canít bring back the past.
    So here is a small reminder
    To keep, not throw away
    Of tiny hands and how they looked
    To make you smile someday.
    -
    My Handprints
    Tiny handprints grow so fast
    Their awkward groping soon will clasp
    A ball, a book a sweetheart's hand
    A diploma, briefcase, a wedding band
    Tiny handprints grow so strong
    It doesn't take them very long
    To snap a shirt, to paint, to draw
    To work hard , to drive a car
    Tiny handprints grow to be
    A person that is quite unique
    A wonderful mix of so many things
    With his own feelings, thought and dreams
    Tiny handprints grow to rely
    On his parents to bring him up just right
    His parents pray that when he's grown
    He'll say their job has been well done
    Tiny handprints are ours to love
    The sweetest gift from God above
    A miracle that never is surpassed
    How sad they grow up way to fast -

I have a heap more if you want them. Just let me know and I'll email you.

Hi every body sorry i have been a bit mia lately lot on my plate at the minute
    Kim~thanks for asking after nick doesn't seem to be to bad atm he has been quite good but has lost a lotof weight luckyly he has surplus
    BTw posted your parcel today oh bother ryabn is truying to help type i just wishe he knew the abc's instead of hklifdchfx's
    so from ryan b bv ggbvvhbvnnnnnnnni7yyyyyyyyyy77777777777 ,.kvk/ mm.mhjkfdfdffo-0=oh]bvccfftyi
    K}]jm p( i like to think hewas saying hello to all the other bubba's cause when he was done he kicked the keyboard tray away and just sat still lol )
    any way i'm off for a cat nap i havea roaring headache bbl

Tania ~ Sounds as though you had a busy Saturday! LOL @ the little girl asking to walk your dog! I thought the poem was gorgeous too. How are the meds working for your supply?

Kim ~ Hehe @ wanting Darcy to wake up!! That is the poem my Mum has on her fridge. It is lovely isnít it! I actually noticed in the poems you forwarded through the one I used was in there but entitled Walk A Little Slower Daddy. Grrr @ not being spoken to directly Ė especially after dressing her in an awful dress for Fathers Day!!

Leanne ~ Glad that DH loved his present!

Vic ~ lmao @ you going out shopping. That is brilliant. Iím guessing you didnít get away with it though! That is a gorgeous poem as well.

Sheree ~ Glad that Wade loved it. It sound gorgeous!! Great to hear that Lachie is stretching himself out with his feeds as well.

Sara ~ Arghhh @ guys!! Your poor ute!! How frustrating! I hope the move is going well for you.

Jodie ~ So great to hear that you had a good Fathers Day! I hope things improve with your step-sister! They sound like wonderful Fathers Day pictures - very sentimental! What do you do as a Ďhelperí at WW? LMAO @ all you ebay winnings! They sound great!

Kellee ~ Sounds like things are going really well for you all! I canít believe that the wedding is only 5 weeks awayÖ where has all the time gone? Gordon did love his present thank you.

ETA ~ Shazz... How cute of Ryan saying hello!!! Glad to hear Nick is ok. I hope your headache goes away hun!

I"m off to bed work tomorow bugger it but i just had to say that my headache is gone after ryan and i had a little nap this afternoon 2 whole uninterupted hours woohoo i hope i can sleep tonight now and OMG about steve Irwin how heart breaking for his family specially his 2 little kids poor little Bob & Bindi

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast