Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #7

Morning Girls,

Vic: I told DP what you said about father's day and shopping...he wasn't impressed either LOL...I was though haha. Good to hear Adam is getting used to the bottle.

Sheree: A friends mum bought Jayden a CD with songs with his name in them, it is fantastic. It is a great idea and I think the books encourage kids to read (when they are older of course). Can you send me the link please? I can't believe its that hot in Gin Gin....not fair LOL Its pretty warm here but certainly not that hot, I love the heat but I didn't like it while I was pregnant. I can't believe Nikki spoke to us about each other and its taken this long for us to realise who she was talking about!! I can't wait to meet you and Lachie IRL!!

Sara: Happy moving (and cleaning LOL). OMG about the Ute...typical male LOL.

Jodie: You certainly have a busy life, don't you?? haha you no sooner get rid of suicide girl and now you have you step sister to deal with!! Well done for keeping it together I think I would have just kicked her out!. How did you go at the gym (twice!!). Being a helper at WW sounds great, you should do it.

Kim: FIL sounds very frustrating!!Esp when you went out of your way to put an awful dress on Darcy!! I wouldn't have done that haha.

Kellee: Did you try the bicarb on Toby's cradle cap? As I said it worked a treat for Jayden and my niece, but I am curious how others go with it. Good to hear the kitchen tea went well after all your organising! I hope Toby keeps up the good sleep for you.

Shazz: Great to hear Nick is going ok, I was just thinking about him the other day wondering how he was going. Hi back Ryan!! How gorgeous!!

Nat: I think the fenugreek is working a bit so I will stay on that until Jayden gets weighed again and then I'll try the domperidone.

What a shock Steve Irwin's death was!! I was just paying for my groceries when BIL#4 rang to tell us. Niece #4 was on MSN last night and said to put a turtle in front of your name to pay your respect...I thought it was a great idea so I did it hehe.

Well I got some ebay things in the mail today (one is a big box yay!!) I have been waiting to finish this post before I open them...and I can't wait any longer hehe

Have a great day everyone...I'll try to pop in later

oxoxoxo

Shazz ~ Glad to hear that your headache is gone.

Tania ~ Wow that CD for Jayden sounds great. Glad to hear that the fenugreek is working! Oh how exciting about your stuff from Ebay. I should shop myself but I really am too afraid I値l become addicted lol!

Vic ~ Glad to hear that you had a nice day. Odie is a gorgeous name for your pup and it sounds as though everyone is having fun with him! LMAO @ DS1 seeing if he could fly!!

Tania how many times does it take to work? I've done it twice and noticed no difference.

Though for those if you with bubs who have sensitive skin, one of the girls on here, Ivanababy I think is her sign on name sells handmade soap that her husband makes and it is fabulous!! Have tried that and don't think I'll go back.

Hi Kim
    hows little darcy going ?
    i've just got ryan down for the night and my DH has decided to turn the telly up nearly flat chat oh the joys men ...... i'm offto bed before they wake him up night everyone

Shazz ~ Have I mentioned how gorgeous your new photo if Ryan is?

Hey girls,

Nat: Ebay is very addictive!! I have only just got back into it, when I was pregnant I went crazy on it!!

Kim: I did it 3 times and it went away. I would paste it on, leave for 5 mins and wash it out with a face washer in the bath, 1 time I put sorbolene on as well. I had been putting sorbolene on before i started the bicarb but nothing happened.

We went to the inlaws for dinner tonight and Jayden was perfect!! Usually I have to get up while I'm eating to try and get him to sleep or amuse him etc, but tonight we took the rocker and a few of his favourite toys and he played happily til I was finished! He had a bath there and had a bit of a sook afterwards but was asleep in my arms just as we were leaving. He woke for a feed when we got home but he is back asleep in his cradle hopefully for the night!!

Oh I tried him in his cot today for the first time....his first sleep was only about half hour, then the second one was for nearly 2 hrs. I'm getting him used to it so when he goes there at night he will be ok....although DP still think Jayden should be sleeping in our room!! MEN!! hehe

Anyway I'm going to watch the end of Simpsons (we recorded it) and go to bed

Nighty Night
    oxoxox

Shazz, Darcy is going well. Not gaining too much weight, but I'm determined not to stress until she starts losing. She's so active, I'm hoping that's why. However heaps improved in the sleep department. We are thinking of moving her clothes and change table back upstairs. We had it all downstairs (clothes fill the drawer under the coffee table) as we never came upstairs because she didn't sleep in her bed anyway. Now she does so that's a positive sign i think! And her clothes are becoming too numerous!

Leanne and I had a lovely day yesterday. We met up with our antenatal mums. Sat at a great cafe in the mountains - was really nice.

Odie - man I didn't think kids from today would even know who he was?! That's a cool name.

You know I was thinking yesterday - the sudden death of Stever Irwin was almost like that of DIanna - unbelievable. I hope his wife and kids have support.

Is it wrong to wish Cameron's days off were over? He has NO concept of quiet and if I hear "Well how am I supposed to..." after I ask him to be quiet while the baby is asleep I'm going to kill him!!

I know exactly what you mean Kim, DP had 3 days off and the same day he finished his last shift before his days off I was asking when he was going back to work. If Jayden stirs just a little, DP's head is in the cradle saying " hello...hello....what r u doing? Are you hungry?" etc so of course with all the attention he wakes up and of course that means I have to wake up GRRR!!

Today I have to go to SIL#2 and arrange for her to look after Jayden when I go back to work in october . She does family day care and she only has 1 spot left on a Tuesday so I have to get in quick if I want him to go there. The one advantage with having all these inlaws is there is no shortage of babysitters!!

YAY the mail is here....maybe more ebay stuff!! Hey there were 2 posties!!??? Must be heaps of mail, it takes 2 to deliver them all haha

Have a great day everyone
    oxoxox

thanks Nat it was one of his professional ones i had taken i should scan the other one and put it on his web page one day ... there just isn't enough hours in the day

Kellee Guest

Howdy all,

Gosh, I really must get on here more often! You gals are just too fast for me. You type too much! I thought I壇 better post here before I go away on the weekend or I would have an entire thread to read by the time I get back! I値l do my best to do personals while I知 letting Bob The Builder babysit (naughty Mummy!), but I知 not sure how long I値l have! Here goes

Kim what lovely poems! How did you find them? My almost SIL wants me to find a poem to read at the wedding for my Poppa and her granddad who have passed away you know, something nice saying that we wish that they were here but we know they池e here in spirit sharing the day. She found one but I知 sure there are other better ones out there and I知 not sure where to look. Any ideas?

Shazz Isn稚 Ryan clever typing already? I知 sure Toby would understand what he痴 written, but I知 sorry I don稚! Maybe it痴 baby talk for, 徹oh, look, all these pretty buttons, lah lah lah. What痴 the latest on Nick? Lea is right that new pic is gorgeous! He痴 not a 鼠ittle baby anymore, is he? He look like a little boy!

Tania I haven稚 tried the bicarb yet, but the cradle cap isn稚 too bad atm. The box sounds exciting! What did you get? Good work with the cot too. Sounds like he痴 taken to it ok.

Vic I LOVE that you called your dog Odie! That痴 rad. I used to think Garfield was very cool when I was little because he had red fur and I have red hair. LOL at the way your kids 叢lay with him!

This mothering thing is quite fun when you get the handle of it. Now that we池e in a routine it痴 much easier. I壇 love to know if anyone has a routine (or something like it!) and what it is. This is roughly how our days go atm.

Out of bed around 7.30. Breakfast, get ready and be out the door for a big walk around 9. (Sometimes we walk to the shops, otherwise just go for a walk.) Toby has a sleep in the pram.
    Come home and hang out or do housework. Charlie and I have lunch, and often Toby goes down for sleep sometime between 12 and 1 for about an hour. Charlie goes to sleep around 1.30 or 2.
    Toby wakes up and plays for a while. I try to stretch him out until around 5 for a bath unless he痴 got time to have an hour痴 sleep and wake up and play again before then.
    Either Toby has a bath at 5, or we wait until DH gets home and all three 礎oys have a bath together. Toby has a drink and goes to bed for the night.
    Charlie, DH and I have dinner around 6 6.30 and then Charlie goes to bed around 7. Then the night is ours!
    Toby hasn稚 got a definite feeding pattern atm, but he痴 tending to go longer during the first part of the night (anything between 4 and 8 hours) and around 3 hourly (sometimes 4) after midnight. We only bring him into bed with us if he痴 unsettled with tummy pain (rare these days, thank goodness!) or if he wakes up anytime after about 6 and will wake Charlie up.

So there you have it. It痴 a marked contrast to when Charlie was at this age we had no routine at all and I was going crazy. I think it痴 just about finding a balance of letting the kids dictate a routine and choosing one for them. This works really well for us and the kids are much happier when they have some degree of predictability.

Also, I was wondering how long your bubs sleep for through the day. Toby usually only sleeps for about an hour at a time (usually a bit less around 50 minutes) and I壇 love to know how to get him to sleep longer. I don稚 mind if he sleep for that short time and wakes up refreshed but he痴 often still tired.

Anyway, better go and sort these little rascals out. I will try to get online again before we go up the coast for the weekend but if I don稚 I値l chat to you all next week. Hope you and your bubs are well.

Kellee, I'll see what I can find for you.
    I have a definite routine:
    wake 6-7;30 and have a feed (Darcy) up for around 20min and then wrapped and back to bed for an hour or so while I have brekkie and get dressed (and surf the net).
    Darcy gets up and plays in her swing while mummy does the day's washing up then we usually do washing and go outside
    feed between 9 to 10am and back to bed unwrapped for an hour
    sometimes we go out or do stuff around the house after
    feed between 12 to 1 and back to bed for an hour
    either go for a walk then or after the 3-4pm feed
    bath around 5:30
    feed at 6-6.30 and then wrapped up for bed sometimes it takes an hour though.
    Wakes around midnight - unwrapped and then between 2-4 for a feed

On the days we're out for the day, the sleeps go out the window, but oddly enough as she gets older she needs them more.

Today she's had a few sleeps - we've been in the garden all day. I've sewn lots of grass seed and spead a couple of tonnes of dirt around! I've sewn some flower seeds and fertilised and now we've watered (within the restrictions of course). I've also managed to make meatballs so they've been simmering all afternoon and gotten 2 loads in - phew. After the ironing I'll be glad to go to bed tonight.

The Australia Post man knows me too Tania. LOL What was in your boxes????

Tania ~ Yay for Jaydens move into his big boys cot!! And such a good boy for you while you were at the IL痴. How many guest were there at his bath lol? There are probably 2 posties to cover all your ebay orders lmao!!!

Kim ~ Glad to hear Darcy is going well I think that Em is the same when it comes to being active. LOL @ Cameron staying quiet!! Sounds like you池e having fun! Regarding your comment about the older she gets the more she needs sleep maybe because they池e more active they need the rest? It sounds as though you致e had a lovely day today.

Shazz ~ LOL about there not being enough hours in the day I know what you mean!! I知 still thinking about professional pics. Maybe once Em is sitting by himself

Kellee ~ That routine sounds great. The only person that has a problem keeping a routine around here is me!! I really should try harder! Have a great weekend away!

Well I just got a bit of popcorn stuck in my tooth nasty stuff. It is out now though so all is good LOL!!!

OK Kellee, I'm stuggling with the poems too, but I hve my sources searching for you. There is a poet on my other chat board for scrapbooking so hopefully she will see my request and might even write you a special one. I did find this cool idea though...

"My SIL had her BMs carry candles rather than flowers. A small note in the program told guests that the candles were in memoriam of her grandparents and my brother's, all of whom had passed away by the time of the wedding."

Popcorn? Nat you always hve good junk to eat!!

LMAO Kim I finished it off with lollies and now I feel sick!!

That is a gorgeous idea about the candles! I found another site for scrapbooking as well LMAO. I haven't been back in awhile because the displayed work put mine to shame!!

Nat I feel like that too, but I still like to look for inspiation.

Kellee Guest

Lea ow, popcorn hurts! I know someone who had to go to the dentist once because she got some breakfast cereal caught in her gum and it wouldn稚 stop bleeding!

Nice idea about the candles too, Kim, but almost SIL has already bought the silk flowers for the wedding. Can稚 wait until this wedding is over! It's all getting a bit too much for me.

Will try to pop on later - it's tricky to do this with one hand!

Kellee Guest

All hail SuperMum! Sounds like you've got it down pat, Vic. Now if you could just squeeze in a bottle of wine and some chocolate combined with quality time with the man of the house you'd be set! Ha ha ha - who has time for that?!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast