Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #7

Jodie259 Guest

Hi girls...
    I haven't been posting much lately. I have been on a spring cleaning mission. Before Shaun was born I bought a STACK of baby clothes from eBay... along with a huge amount of clothes given as presents when he was born. He is growing out of all the 000's - so we had to sort through them, and go through the box of clothes and pull out all the 00's.
    I've also been doing lots of spring cleaning. It's really rewarding when everything is in order.
    I finished off the hand/foot castings this week. I must take a photo and load it up so you can all see. I am sooooo happy with them! Most people get the hands/feet painted bronze or gold or silver... but I thought that looked weird. So I painted mine (shaun's) a skin tone. The lady who sold me the shadow box frame was really impressed with them, and she gave me some laquer so they are shiny instead of dull. It's pride of place in his bedroom now.
    Hubby was meant to be on Medical Emergency last Tuesday - but it got bumped for a Steve Irwin tribute (fair enough). So try to be watching ME this coming Tuesday - as hubby (and myself) will be on - Channel 7 - 8pm. I'm not looking forward to my 'look' as I wasn't planning to be on TV. I've got no make-up on, my hair is probably a mess, and I am wearing the MOST unflattering preggy pants you could possibly imagine.
    Shaun has had a few really great days where he sleeps well throughout the whole day/night. And a few feral days - like today - where he won't sleep at all. He is now really tired, and constantly crying. He needs to sleep, but he just refuses to.

Had our last mothers group meeting on Thursday :-( Hope some of us mums can keep in touch. I guess I should make an effort and call them - as they all seemed to want to keep in touch... but I bet everyone is too nervous to take action.

I've been going to gym regularly, and I am officially going back to Weight Watchers next Wednesday. Prior to pregnancy, I helped at the meetings (in return for a free meeting). It's been 12 months now, and they are in need of helpers, so they contacted me and asked if I would come back! I really need to do something about this excess weight, so it's good timing. hopefully I will be committed and lose the kg's. Will keep you informed of my progress.

Hope you're all having a great weekend.

LMAO @ saying Jayden takes after his Father. I've been saying that all week as Em has been a sook just like his father is when he is sick LMAO!!!

Here's to praying that we have a girl next that takes after me!!!!

Nat, I've gotten Darcy heaps of stuff on ebay. Most of the time it only costs about 0.99c! It's usually more for the postage.

Cheers for the comments on sheepskins. Might look for oneo f those on ebay this am.

Morning Everyone,

Jayden had his first full night in his cot last night, well I wouldn't call it a full night! We got home about 11pm, I fed him and put him in the cot, he woke at 3.30am for cuddles, I put him back in the cot but he woke just 25mins later (when I had just got back to sleep) so I fed him and he slept until about 8am, oh did I mention I didn't go to bed until 1.30am....I have to learn to go to bed early!!

Nat: Men never have and never will understand what we do as mothers, DP's mate said last night that he's done 70hrs work that week so he deserves a holiday....I said to him that Tracy's has done more than that being a mum! I wouldn't worry too much about a routine yet, but when I go back to work I'll need a routine. I don't know that I posted that I am going back to work but I start back part time 23rd oct . I'm hoping for a girl next too that will hopefully take after me LOL.

Jodie: The castings sound great! Can't wait to see it. I'll be watching medical Emergency for you and DH. Good luck at WW you will do great!! You should def call at least one of the mums then that mum can call another one etc etc then you will all stay in touch.

Vic: I tell him and his family all the time that Jayden gets his whinging from him LOL. We got home from friends place last night (they have a 6mth old) and DP was commenting on how much she whinges...I said "see Jayden isn't that bad!!" and he agreed so hopefully he won't whinge himself too much now hehehe.

Update on Egg Donation: I was talking to SIL#2 about it and told her I was thinking about it after I finish BF'ing, she said that SIL#5 was going to ask me but didn't want to incase she has girl from it then I don't get a girl (if that makes sense??). I never thought of that, but then when I thought about it, I have always thought the male determines the sex of the baby, I'm not sure where I heard this but has anyone else heard of that?? If thats the case I will probably go through with it, if not though I will wait til I have finished having my kids. I have told SIL #2 not to say anything to anyone in case I don't do it.

Anyway jayden has just put himself to sleep in the cot YAY!! So I better quickly have a shower, I might go into town today as there is meant to be some parade...don't know what its about but it sounds fun LOL. Hopefully I finally get this bookcase today too so I will be in Jayden's room cleaning up.....I went through his clothes yesterday...he has 1 full drawer of Pj's and wondersuits that fit him now, he could wear a different pair every night for probably a month LOL

I'll check in later, have a great day girls

xoxoxo

Wow Jodie, you and your hubby get all these telly gigs!

Tania - just had lunch with Nikki, what a nice afternoon were talking about your partner, god bless him, but am sooo thankful how much wade helps me out, boy you poor thing and u other ladies that your partners aren't the best like you too Kim. I think I might come around personally and kick these men up the but!!!!!!!!!!!

How is everyone just popping in to say hi, had a nice weekend, wade lost soccer and it was do or die, ohh well, now he has retired though because we are going west for this newsagency and he won't be around to play next season and he reackons he is too old, but mainly sick of the stupid refs too! Had lunch with a friend today on the beach, just beautiful, got some nice pics too that my friend is going to email to me. Being out and about and having to organise and pack bags for babies on these outings my house is now a mess again! Best go get it organised again, first time since Lachie has been born this house seems moderately acceptable to me, so better get it a bit organised again. Bye for now. xoxo

evening all
    hope you all had a great weekend
    sorry i haven't caught up on any post i've been down and out again with a head cold and just feel plain horrible heres hoping ryan sleeps for me tonight cause i really don't know whether i can get up a dozen or so times
    i'll catch up with you all through the week

Ohhh Shazz, hope you feel better soon, don't know how I would cope with being sick and looking after Lachie, can your hubby help out?

thanks sheree my hubby is being a complete pain in my rear of late his had a sore foot for a week and it's like his world has crumbled i feel like shaking some sense into the fool so nope no help there i can't wait till he gets sick sick again cause i ain't lifting a finger for him ok that enough whinging i'm off to bed night

Right I need permission from all of you to come and kick all your partners in the butt!!!!!!!!!

You have mine Sheree LOL

I'll do a proper post tomorrow...Jayden has gone to sleep and I think I need to do the same.
    Nighty Night girls
    oxoxox

Right Chris you wait until I meet you, boy are you in trouble!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Girls,

Thanks girls for wishing Phoebe a happy 4th month Birthday, LOL.....Happy 4th Month Birthday to Darcy & Kaitlyn.

Well Saturday was fairly relaxed, but today DH and I spent the day in the garden, tidying up, mowing and all that fun stuff (yeah right). OMG, my neck and back are so sore. With the weather starting to warm up it's nice to get outside in the sunshine.

As for Little Miss Phoebe, she is doing well. Actually this afternoon she fell asleep at 5.30, it is now 10 and she is still in the land of nod. She NEVER goes to sleep at that time of the day and sleeps this long. Not sure if I should go and wake her or just wait for her. I was going to introduce the 10pm roll over feed, but haven't got there yet....perhaps tonight is the night to get started on it.

Nat ~ sorry to hear that little Em has Broncilitis (sp, I think that's right). Phoebe had that a month or so ago and it isn't really pleasant is it? Fortunately she didn't get so bad that she had to be hospitalised. Sounds like Em is on the mend so that's good. Yes it does seem like yesterday that you came down from your room to visit me whilst we were both in hospital...ah *sigh* Has anyone got a magic wand to turn back the clock???

Srappy ~ thinking of me....ah, how nice!!! That just warms the ****les of my heart (LOL). Yes, that time for injections for our little ones....DH wants to come with us, so hopefully we can have it done this week (he is VERY involved, which is good).

Sorry to the girls I have missed....but I will be back tomorrow, I promise.

Take Care X

Sheree, you have my permission too! I'll even put you up and feed you LOL! I'm a good cook! LOL

Morning Girls,

I have been putting off posting this morning because I have been expecting a certain little boy to wake from his slumber...but he is still sound asleep.

Sheree: How was your lunch with Nikki? Where did you go? Nikki knows how bad Chris is, although in his defence, he is getting a bit better. He took Jayden from his gym and took him into the bedroom and was talking and playing for about half an hour while I was reading through posts. Usually Chris asks if he can pick Jayden up, I keep telling him Jayden is his son too he can do what he likes LOL.

Shazz: Hope you get better soon!!

Mummy: A day out in the sunshine sounds fantastic...poor you though getting a sore neck and back! Hope it gets better soon. OMG at Miss Phoebe, sleeping that long for you, I would want to wake Jayden up becuase I know he'd wake up just as I got to bed (do you think they know?). Whats a roll over feed? When you feed them when they are still half asleep? I've tried that a couple of times with Jayden, but he thinks its play time after that LOL.

Kim: Your a good cook? Can I come down with Sheree and watch her kick butt? LOL

We had SIL#2 over for a little bit last night with 2 of her kids (14yrs & 17 yrs) & hubby just when I was trying to get Jayden to have a nap (so I could cook dinner and eat). Of course he got passed around and then put in his cot but they found his toys in a basket and started showing them to him and then they found his shoes and were trying them on him!! Neice #4 asked if she could pick him up again and I said well he won't be going to sleep now (its was 8.15pm) but as soon as she picked him up he screamed so loud!! I got him back screaming and they all went home. He calmed down and I got to eat but he started up again when I was changing him into his PJ's. I fed him and he passed out completely on me so I put him in his cot at 9pm and didn't hear from him til 4.15am and again he fell asleep while I was feeding and he is still asleep now!! We had gone into town yesterday and he didn't have all his usual sleeps during the day so poor thing must have been pooped!!

Well I might attempt a shower before he wakes up. Have a great day girls

oxoxox

Grrr stupid weather - this is day number 6 it has rained pretty much non stop - very much getting cabin fever here....and the grass seed I put down was designed for drought!!!

Darcy's so tired today. Usually she puts up one hell of a battle for her daytime sleeps but she's gone right of each time I've put her down today - this is her third one. It's freezing so I've wrapped her in light fleece so she's snug - maybe that's it. Dunno - who can pick 'em?

Now you mums that bf - is there any problem if you stand up to do it? You know how you shouldn't give a bottle whilst moving. It's just that the last few days feeds are a bit of a trauma and that's the only way she'll start a feed. I don't know if it's cos she gets frustrated sucking for a let down or what.

Yeah I just don't understand these partners don't they want to bond with their children?????

Tania - we went to the Bargara Pub and it was really nice!

Well we have had some day sleeps yay.

The first sleep was one that he got grizzely and I as usual put his dummy in push his head up against my chest and pack his bum and then he wants to sleep on me, there is no getting him off me or he just wakes up, but I have learnt to lay on the bed on my back with him on my chest after 5mins roll on my side and keep patting his bum and still be close to him and then after another 5mins slowly roll him onto his back with a verbal shhhhhh shhhhhhhh and rubbing of the forehead and whalaaa, but I have to keep putting the dummy back in, so mummy had a sleep with lachlan for 2 hours this morning and now this afternoon he got graumpy at about 3ish and the same deal but I didn't want to go to sleep this arve, so I tried putting him in his cot in his tri pillow and he wouldn't have a bar of it, cried his heart out, picked him up got him to sleep again and this time when I put him down he was bright eyed - agggh tricked ya mummy. but then I wrapped him put his dummy in, verbally sssshhhhhed him and rubbed his forhead and he is still asleep and it is 5pm yayyyyyy!!!! Finally he is getting the hint he needs sleep and finally I can get some things done. Must be the rainy weather, I am hoping not and it is actually a routine of morning and afternoon sleep, please don't dampen my spirits lol.

Going to go and finish cooking dinner now, cheerio

Ohh and I have finally updated Lachie's website with pics from Week 9-15 if you want to take a peek. The link is in my siggy below.

Hey Girls,

Kim: It was raining here today too, I know we need the rain etc etc but its so miserable when it rains and makes me want to stay in bed all day haha. I can't see why you couldn't BF whist standing, but I had never heard about bottles when moving either. I have walked around while Jayden has fed, I only do it if I have to though like when I'm at the health clinic and I have to go out to the waiting room cause the next person is there waiting.

Vic: I think it might be time for me to just leave Jayden with DP, he's more into a routine now so I could work it around feeds and sleep etc without DP knowing but it might boost his confidence a bit with him.

Sheree: Bargara pub is great! Have you been to Kacy's next door? That is even better but some things are a bit $$$. When are you in town next? We really have to stop saying we are going to meet up and just do it hey? haha. With the swimming thing, I was thinking we should just take the boys and not to the actual lessons, 6mths is too far away LOL I know it will go quick, but I want to get Jayden in the water sooner than that. I really have to go up to work and see them, I forgot to take the professional pics last time so I might go up this week. Hows Nikki doing? OOO I checked out Lachie's site...he is adorable!! I love the Manchester United outfit, did your sister get him that? Does he have black pants? Where did you get them from. I have been looking for black pants in his size but can only find navy blue

Jayden also loves going to sleep on my chest and loves sleeping on his belly. What would the risks be now with putting babies to sleep on their bellies? Would I still roll him back once he has gone to sleep or would he be ok? I have left him on his belly before quite a while ago because I fell asleep too and he was ok. He will go to sleep on his side or on his back too but most times I have to be holding him before he will go. Looks like the cot is a big hit....he wakes up with big smiles, he must be getting better sleep now he has more room than in the cradle.

Well I might dry my hair and have another early night although it was 11pm again last night cause I started watching a movie. Oh and my MSN isn't workin for some reason, I might check on the other computer see if that one is working....hopefully its back up tomorrow.
    Night girls

oxoxox

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast