Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #8

oooh i don't know what is going on the post above is one i tried posting at 1pm
    so any way the baby shower went well and we are home and Ryan is tucked up in bed

so here is my update form last night ( i'll try to get it right this time )

Nick ~ is going for his next round of blood test on Monday so hopefully we will know more later in the week but he has been feeling heaps better and is nearly back to his normal self
    Ryan is going for his 4month needles on thursday only a month late ( his had a head cold on and off this whole time and i'm not prepared to introduce another infection for him to fight IYKWIM)
    we went and saw my GREAT GRAN in the nursing home on thursday she is 96 the poor old dear she has been having a really rough time of it she had a chest infection and i was so worried that we hadn't made the effort to see her in so long and that she wouldn't get to meet Ryan she knew Sheridan, Nick and Ryan straight away but i had to keep telling her who i was it is so sad she just kept telling me she wanted to die but just not alone i left there in tears we then went over to bribie island to visit my grand parents and had lunch with them it was a good day and ryan travelled well nearly sleeping the whole trip ( not quite 3 hours one way )
    so that about all we have been up to exciting HUH

sara ~ i hope Briley is feeling better soon poor little vegemite
    Last edited by Lea13; September 17th, 2006 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Double Post

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Girls,

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend...

Just a quick question for those of you who are BFing....how long have your bubba's gone between poos. The last time Phoebe had a poo was Saturday....it is now Saturday again and still no show with a poo??? Samuel would go a few days to 4-5 days, but I am really not sure if this is normal. She is fine though, sleeping and feeding normally so it doesn't seem to bother her, (but it does me)!!! she is going to the Doctors on Tuesday for her immunisation and check-up so will ask a few questions then. She usually does have 4-5 days between poos but this is ridiculous. Really not looking forward to when she finally does push one out, I think it will be an absolute BEAUTY!!! How can her little body hold on to it for so long, and why would it want to????

Take Care, BBL or tomorrow for personals.

Mummy4life, maybe she is going through a growth spurt and it using everything and not wasting anything, especially if she seems happy enough. Is she fluffing alot or anything???

Sara: Oh poor Briley, I hope she gets better soon for you, do you think it’s just a cold? Big to her!!

Shazz: I remember when my great gran got to the stage of not knowing who me or my brother were, I was only young though (can’t remember how old) so I didn’t really understand it . That’s good that she remembers the kids though, I would have left in tears too. I’ve been waiting to hear how Nick is doing, good luck to him for his tests on Monday, I’ll be thinking of him!! And good luck to Ryan for his needles too, Jayden gets his on Thursday too.

Mummy: BF babies can go up to 10 days without doing a poo, as long as they are gaining weight still it is perfectly normal…..however if its not normal for Phoebe to go that long between I’d ask the Dr when you go. Have you introduced any solids? Or meds? Could DH or Samuel given her something that may blocked her up? I wouldn’t worry too much as long as Phoebe isn’t distressed over it. Hand her over to DH when she finally does do one hehehe.

Sheree ~ Oh yes definately, she is a regular little trumpet bum. She is very happy, not distressed or anything...just no poo!!!

Tania ~ LOL @ handing Phoebe over to Daddy for the bum change, I bet it will be just my luck that he will be at work. No haven't started her on solids, she is perfectly happy for the time being....definately have a heap of questions for the Dr on Tuesday....lots of little things that I can't remember from when Samuel was a baby, although Phoebe is a completely different baby compared to him.

mummy ~ Ryan used to got 10-14 days between poos his changed now to every 3rd to 4th day but he was never distressed either but if your worried off to the doc's it can never hurt to make sure everything is all right

I wish Darcy would go that long without a poo! SOmetimes I get 6 in one day!!! It's always when Cam's at work too. But with the Zantact they're explosive to say the least so I'm kinda glad she doesn't go a long time as the huggies even struggle as it is. LOL

Sara make sure you're in regular contact with a doctor. Little babies spiral downwards very very quick. Drowsiness isn't a good sign (not to panic you but just keep a close eye on her).

Shazz, I wondered when the next one is. Let him know theres people in all states looking out for him. Your poor great gran. I've looked after lots a oldies and that's what they all fear the most. I always cried too. So sad.

Oh Vic - I totally hear ya! My DH isn't good at watching what product goes on Darcy's skin so at least now he knows to use a warm washer if it's only wee. He doesn't do shopping either.

Tania - in relation to your DP - why is it they only see the problem after you've pointed it out and then it's your fault??? Great new pic in your ticker too.

Wow Nat can everyone get formula that cheap with a prescription???

Now for us.
    We finally got our jumping thingy yesterday (the door frame one) - Darcy has found her freedom!! She absolutely loves it!!

I also figured out why she's getting cradle cap. I had gotten rid of all my JJ stuff and had been uing Curash. That didn't make her skin flake at least. Then I started using hadmade soap and oil on her head and the CC all went away. The other night we bathed her in a different bath and the handmade soap was downstairs so I just squirted a bit of Curash in the bath. Did the same thing with the oil as I usually do, but the CC was back with a vengence!! I guess she'll be a boutique soap girl from now on. I gave her hair one wash with handmade stuff at mum's yesterday and it's heaps better.

I forgot to ask my question...
    1. I am so itchy this season!! Can I take Zyrtec or one of those hayfever meds while BF?

2. Nat I'm sick of being a kidlet. What's the next level??? and when do I get it?

I have had at least 5 sms's from SIL#1 this morning asking if I'm going to the markets...I say no, she writes back why not, because I don't need anything...I'll shout you something...but I don't need anything and Jayden is asleep you'll be finished before we get there....We can stay til midday, mum & Maria will be here too! OMG!! Then MIL sms'ed me. We're at the markets you coming? NO!! I'M NOT!! I think they will probably turn up here when they have finished..maybe I can pretend I'm asleep LOL.

Kim: That's my DP for you....he can't take responsibility for anything and he's lazy when it comes to doing anything for anyone else except himself....whats that called...Oh yeh SELFISH!! LOL. I can't imagine you would be able to take Zyrtec while BF but check with the pharmacist or Dr. Poor Darcy with that sensitive scalp, I had to stop using J & J products too while Jayden had CC but now I use it once or twice a week and I use Cetaphil on the other days. I got sick of my old ticker haha I love this one.

Kim I can totally relate to those 6 poo's a day, we went through so many nappies when Lachie was being bf. It was costing us a fortune.

morning all
    i'm fighting with ryan to sleep atm his in the pram being rocked and his got this look on his face like yeah right lady we will see lol
    ohh and my little man is 5 months old today omg how quick has it gone

Happy 5months anniversary Ryan!!
    Morning Shazz, good luck with Nick today. Hope he's as brave as last time for you.

OK here's a warning - I've just reread this bit and it's only a whinge so don't read it. I just need to get it out.
    We went ti BIL house for tea last night (SIL b'day Saturday, Cam's tomorrow). Now you'd think that since PIL think they should be more involved with Darcy that they might think about her welfare right? Not once did they think to lower their voices or try and be quiet and every time they talk loud (they all do it) FIL turns the TV up more! I'm sure they do it because they think I'll let Darcy get up and play - like hell! Poor little thing. It was so loud she hardly slept at all, and then she couldn't relax properly last night either. Grrrr they have no idea. We also went to visit them on Sat to see SIL and MIL dished out dinner as I was saying to Cam - we have to go Darcy needs to go to bed and I nedd to feed her - you all know my issues with them and feeding. So I went into a spare room to feed her and FIL kept walking past! I don't mind my dad or my sisters husband - but ewww! Then we don't talk to her after that feed so she can be calm to go to sleep. We told everyone not to speak to her and even MIL couldn't help herself! THey get in her face and are so rough!!! She's actually frightened of them...you know how babies pull their head back to back away! Of course she cries every time we're there so they say "give her to me" and then walk away with her so she can't see me - idiots! Then of course there's a reason - she's hungry, she's teething - whatever!
    She loves my mum and dad and puts her arms out to go to them - she doesn't even do that to Cameron. How do you tell someone to be a bit quieter and a bi gentler thanks without being rude? (mind you it's getting back to the stage when I don't care but I don't think Cam would like it)

Kellee says Hi - she's a wee bit busy with the wedding and the boys.

Another question about nappies. I seem to have a bad batch. You know the crystals i them. They seem to some out a bit. Are they harmful???

Afternoon Girls,

Well I have an announcement......PHOEBE HAS FINALLY DONE A POO....thank god, I was getting a bit worried.(LOL) Wow ...was it a beauty, as soon as I undid her nappy she started giggling and wiggling around. It went everywhere, on her hands, legs, feet...(you get the picture)

HAPPY 5 MONTHS RYAN!!!!!

Scrappy ~ the jumpy thing you are talking about, is it a Jolly Jumper....I have one of them and reckon Phoebe is just about ready to go in it. They are excellent, just a bit worried that DS will think it is a swing and he will push her in it.

Take Care...BBL

Mummy - woohoo for the poo!!
    Yep it's similar to a JJ different brand same job.

Talking My little man is so smart!!!!

Ok where do I start…? I’ll catch up on personals first!

Sheree ~ Sorry about MSN hun. I was out and about! I did get the message and I checked out the site. It looks good but I couldn’t work out where you purchase it from? Do you give it Lachie in between his feeds via bottle?

Vic ~ I skipped your DH ***** on my last post lol. Grrr @ him!! How frustrating!

Kim ~ So glad to hear that you had fun seeing Hugh Jackman! Damn about the leakage lol – thank god for the cardigan! Wow 6 times a day!!! Em hasn’t been that bad since he was BF! Everyone can get prescription formula for almost all proven medical conditions – so reflux, colic and lactose intolerance to name a few. It is normally 5 tins for $30 and they generally just prescribe the one who have already been using. If you have a healthcare card (like me) you get it even cheaper then the $30 ($4.70) – either way it is def worth getting the prescription. Em loves his jolly jumper too and I can just see Darcy loving as it as well. Wow at the stuff causing the cradle cap! No idea on Zyrtec hun and the next level after Kidlet is Teenrager and its 750 posts. I’ve got no idea about the crystals and OMG @ your IL’s – I’d be having a vent as well!

Tania ~ For the life of me I can not remember how Em slept Friday night… bloody baby brain! Grrr @ your DP for not cleaning it right away and with disinfectant!! How is the bonjella going with Jayden? Grrrr @ the IL’s – no you are NOT going to the market LMAO. At least you know you are loved!! The new ticker is just adorable!

Sara ~ Poor little Briley. Its horrible when they’re sick isn’t it? I hope she is feeling better for you soon.

Shazz ~ HAPPY 5 MONTH BIRTHDAY RYAN!!! I do feel bad – the funny thing was I actually wondered for the first time what would happen if someone tried to post after I had closed the thread… :eek: must have known something! Glad to hear that Nick is feeling better and back to his normal self! Hopefully the test results will come back all clear! You just reminded me that I need to book in for Em’s 4 month injections! Awwww for your Great Gran – how horrible for her – I would have been upset too. Lunch with the grandparents sounds nice though.

Mummy4Life ~ Glad to hear that Phoebe did a no. 2 lol. I’ve heard its quite normal for BF bubs to go up to 2 weeks without pooing. GL with the injections tomorrow.

KELLEE ~ HI HUN – JUST IN CAPS SO WHEN YOU SKIM THROUGH YOU WILL SEE I SAID HELLO LMAO!!

Okay now for me and Em…. Well first of all HAPPY 4 MONTH BIRTHDAY EMERSON PAUL!!! I don’t know where 4 months has gone!! Today we reached 2 exciting milestones!! All the fussing and whinging of late… bloody teeth!!! :eek: One has cut right at the back (and there’s me checking the front of his gums and not the back!!) Not sure if it will stay up or go down but its there!!!! Poor little guy is trying to chew things like crazy!!! Second of all we are rolling from back to front!! Such a clever little boy! I got some great pics and he thinks he is so smart the cutey bum!! And there was me hoping he wouldn’t crawl for ages. He’s already attempting the up on the knees bizzo – still hasn’t got it really but I have a feeling he may be on the move soon enough!! This past week he has just improved with everything so rapidly its scary!! He is so much more vocal now as well and does this gorgeous little screams when he gets excited lol. Well I started this post sometime this afternoon (in word lol) and I’m just finally getting it done! Going to head off to bed now! Big hugs to everyone!

We had a fantastic day today with Sheree and Lachie at the pools and shopping....Lachie is just soo adorable!! Anyway went to SIL#4's for dinner tonight and I am sooo buggered!! Jayden has just gone to bed and I am about to do the same. Will post tomorrow about our day and personals tomorrow too....Just wanted to check in and say......................................

Happy 5 Months Ryan!!!

YAY I'm a toddler......finally!!

Oh I'm so jealous that you guys not only had your bubs at the pool but you were together!!! Did you take photos? One of you will have to post some!! Pretty please Whoo hoo for being a toddler!!

Happy 4months birthday young Em!!! Very clever you are too! Isn't it a bit scary Nat when all of a sudden you realise that they might not be contained for a whole lot longer? I do not have a childproofed house (my nephew never got into anything so we never bothered) so I guess I'll have to start finding a spot for all the stuff I'll have to put away. Buggar about the teeth too. I wouldn't have thought to look there either Nat.

Glad you guys got to meet up Tania and Sheree!

Cam's birthday today so we are off for a picnic with the ILs (so I don't have to suffer through another dinner).

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast