Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #8

Kim: We are usually up between 6.30/7.30am everyday, Jayden gets changed and fed then I put him under his gym so I can feed myself and catchup with posts. Jayden has been waking anywhere between 3am and 4am for a feed and that has been since he has had this cold. I hope Darcy sorts herself out for you!! I know what you mean about snotty nose kids LOL I am forever picking Jayden’s nose cause I can’t stand booga’s(sp) haha

Nat: Oh poor Em….well extra extra good luck to you little man !! Jayden was great with his last needles cried a little when they went in then slept for the rest of the afternoon, no fever and didn’t go off food. Em email Jayden with how to roll and stand LOL. I haven’t tried him with standing but I might this arve when he wakes up (if he’s ok of course). We have been trying clothes on since we left hospital LOL, most times I have a SIL with me (cause there is no shortage of them here LOL) and I have also left him with an adoring shop assistant LOL, if you go to Kmart or Target they usually have disabled/mothers changed rooms, I haven’t used one of those yet but that’s what they are there for.

Sheree: Jayden found his jewels last night for the first time LOL, I was so shocked haha they obviously start young!! How cute Lachie putting his feet into his mouth!! That’s where that ball comes in handy, when he is on the floor and he brings his feet up, put the ball there so he is holding it with his feet and hands.

Jodie: Can you upload the DVD to your site? I don’t know how to do it (I’m clueless when it comes to computers hehe) but I think it can be done. CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss….thats great, its very encouraging when you get results straight away!! Hmm…..Why is Yariv buying you gifts….whats he done? LOL no that is very sweet of him (*sniff sniff* I used to get flowers for no reason). Have fun at the 21st!! I haven’t been to one of them in years!!! I haven’t checked Shaun’s site yet but I will very soon.

Vic: What clever girls you have !! That is very early to be crawling…I better get Jayden moving I think LOL.

Mummy: YAY Phoebe, I have to get one for Jayden I think. I wouldn’t have put her in it until the camera was ready LOL….Doesn’t matter though, no one will know if it’s the first time or not hehe.

WOW you girls have been very chatty again this morning!!

Now for us. Jayden went really well with his needles, the 1st one went in, he looked at me, dropped his lower lip and then screamed!! The other 2 were in and out in no time while Jayden was still crying, but he was fine as soon as I picked him up. I went out and a guy asked me if he had just had needles…I said yes and the guy said “I know we all heard” LOL Poor Jayden!! I fed him straight after and he went to sleep (11.30am) and he is still asleep now and we have walked around kmart, put in and taken out of the car again and then put into his cot…all without waking. I’ll take his temp soon, I just don’t want to wake him up. I have a dummy thermometer, I tried him with it yesterday, it is very good and accurate, also much easier than the ear one I have and the normal digital ones too. We have no plans this afternoon (due to the needles) so I might have a nap…Oh I better do some house work
    This has to be one of my longest posts I think haha I better go and have lunch before my angel wakes up. Chat later girls, have a great day

oxoxox
    PS. Spoke too soon, my boy is awake

Hey girls just a quick post, made a decision today to go to Brissy until Tuesday so I won't be around, catch up with you all soon. When we return Lachie will have his needles on the Wednesday as I had to cancel his needles on Tuesday.

OMG can you girls talk!!

Well I spent up a storm – 2 dresses, a top, a pair of shorts and 2 pairs of thongs. Not sure if I like the dresses yet. Will wait for the fashion parade for DP tonight and see if they get approval. I am so so fussy with dresses! I was lucky enough to walk by a store having a 50% off storewide sale. So I got the shorts and the top half price and they are brand new stock as well so I’m very happy. At one store the lady watched Em for me and I could hear her cooing at him the whole time lol and at the other store I could fit the pram into the bigger change room so it worked out well. Got stopped heaps again with people telling me how cute Em was lol. LOTS of comments about his eyes and the cheeky buggar would smile everytime someone paid him attention. Its unnerving having people look at you all the time… I must remember that they are looking at Em lol!! He went really well with his shots. Cried a bit but I had him chuckling rather impressively a few seconds afterwards. He only had a 45 mins nap this morning and has been up since so he was grizzly after that but probably because he was really tired.

Sheree ~ Thanks for the GL wishes. How cute of Lachie to have found his feet and jewels lol. Em hasn’t discovered his jewels lol. I almost dropped dead when a friend spoke of her boys having erections – they are 3 and 4 :eek:… I have a lot to learn about little boys I think! Have fun in Brisbane!

Kim ~ Em has always had strong legs and will hold onto my fingers and hold himself up. Has from the same time as Darcy I’d say. I suppose holding onto something else isn’t really any different is it lol? Here’s me getting carried away with my “I’m so proud of my boy!” The first time I went to use Fess they only had the adult version which is exactly the same but in an aspirator. Get the aspirator as it is so much easier to apply and I found it be more effective then the drops! LMAO @ having a 30th birthday!!! DP turns 30 this year and is apparently determined to skip it as he wants me to catch up to him lol.

Mummy4Life ~ I’ve noticed so many bubs at different stages. I think how much time you spend with them helps their development but at the same time they will never do things before they are ready! At the mothers group yesterday the little boy with the head of hair (Christopher I think it was…) was doing heaps of stuff and he was a month younger then Em. I think I’ll be upset if the tooth goes away – only because it means it has to come back up later down the track!! Did you get your housework done? That is great that Phoebe loves her JJ – that is so cute of Samuel watching over her!

Jodie ~ Pinnochio without Jimminy Cricket lol? That is just wrong!!! That is excellent that you don’t pay for your hair colour. When I was pregnant I was blonde and paying $100 every 6 weeks for my hair to be done. Now its darker as its cheaper and easier to maintain. Will go back to blonde eventually though! Congrats on the weight loss you must be so proud! And go Yariv!!! He needs to teach my DP a lesson or two I think!! The 21st sounds great – it will be nice to have a night away! The casts and the plaques are just gorgeous. You must be so proud of yourself!! And I can see why you love his smile – its gorgeous!!

Shazz ~ That is amazing he can scoot around. We have a walker type thing for Em but it doesn’t go anywhere lol. Good to hear that Ryan was fine with his needles. One of the mums at my mothers group who already has one said the health nurse was horrified over a few things that she had been doing as well. That is really nice of the school to ring and let you know. What a proud mummy you must be!!

Vic ~ Grrrr @ your MIL about the tickets. What a shame for your DH. Crawling at 4 months!!! That must have kept you on your toes!! LOL @ not needing coloxyl drops now!

Tania ~ Even when I’m holding Em he’ll find my arm or something to put his feet on and stand up the little so and so. LMAO @ always having a SIL with you!! LOL @ everyone hearing Jayden having his needles! I’ve never heard of a dummy thermometer – what a smart idea!

Well I think that is a long enough post LOL. I think I may have even beaten Tanias hehe…

glad Em went well with his needles and yay at the shopping spree

i spoke way to soon ryan has a rather high temp and doesn't even like anyone looking at him ATM
    have a great time in brisbane sheree
    any way bub screaming will hopefully be back later if not till tomorrow

Got all my stuff...that's my allowance for the week. Thank goodness I kept my credit card.

How come Jayden had to have 3 needles Tania? Darcy only has 2. Wonder what that's about.

Great shop Nat. Hate to tell ya, but little boys can get erections from about now....

Hope Ryan comes good. Darc was a bit off with these too. Maybe it's cos it's already in their system from the first lot and the fever is their little bodies fighting it to build up their immunity.

Isn't it funny how the nurses get all pedantic about what you are and aren't supposed to do. Think of all the deros that don't care and therefore the nurses don't see. And also, my mum used to give me 40mls of panadol in my bottle - yep 40ml. And I'm allright. I'm sure there are lots of parents who impovise and thier kids are OK.

ETA Happy 4th Month Birthday Adam!!!
    Last edited by ~Kim~; September 21st, 2006 at 07:04 PM.

Just popping in quickly as I am waiting for the clothes dryer to finish, just finished packing, it is really nice to get away, but the packing and organising to get away just gets me down!

Nat - too funny, lachie has had many stiffy's I am surprised Em hasn't! It is not right is it! Good on you for those sales!

Shazz - hope Ryan feels better soon.

Vic - Happy 4 months to Adam - Whahooooo!!!

Hey everyone I am just sooo big atm, I really haven't lost alot of weight and I am feeling really down about it all cause nothing fits me and I have had to buy size 18 bottoms just to feel comfortable and the tops are at least 14-16, again, probably too big but I feel comfortable. I bet you have all lost your weight, I feel like I am a straggler and it is never going to go. I was looking in the mirror 2nite and said to Wade I still look pregnant! He the smarty bum, says sex 2 times a day will get rid of it - MEN!!!!!!

Just as well I have been checking the posts a few times tonight….I can’t believe how chatty we all are ATM haha

HAPPY 4 MONTH BIRTHDAY ADAM!!

Vic: I won’t push him too hard, I know he will do it all in good time….and the longer he isn’t mobile, I know the better LOL

Nat: Well done with the bargin shopping, I can usually find a good buy, but it is harder up here in Bundaberg than it was in Melb haha. Jayden also gets a lot of admirers and comments about his eyes. I can just imagine Em flashing that cheeky smile of his!! Just makes you wanna pinch those cheeks LOL. Well done Em with your needles, I hope you sleep well for your mummy tonight! I tried standing Jayden up earlier (not too much because of the needles) and he did it….I won’t push him but I do need to spend more time with him and encourage him. I got the dummy thermometer off…wait for it……..EBAY!! I love that place LOL I got the ear thermometer and the dummy one for $40. I have gone out to the shops twice this week without running into any family members LOL (that’s a record hehe).

Shazz: Oh poor Ryan! I hope the temp goes down soon and he sleeps well for you tonight!

Kim: I don’t know why it would be different? Did Darcy get 2 or 3 for the 2mth shots? The ones we got today covers: Diptheria-Tetanus-WCough, HepB, Hib, Polio and Pneumoccal disease. 2 of the needles cover 2 each and the 3rd needle covers 1 but I don’t know which ones are together (I can’t read the printout they gave me)

Sheree: Don’t worry too much about what size you are, I think you look great! (and I’m not just saying that!!) Chris was having a whinge about my extra kg’s, I tried telling him sex will help me shed the kg’s but I don’t think he believed me LOL. Oh and you don’t still look pregnant!

Well Jayden was doing great after his shots this afternoon, but tonight is another story!! He had a slight temp 37.2. I had to go out to get bread and a few other things from the shops and left DP with him and he was good, until I came home and he started sooking a little. I fed him and put him to bed at 9.30pm but he woke again at 10.30pm soaked in sweat, I had to change him (I thought his nappy had leaked!), I took his temp but it was ok so I fed him and he is again in bed asleep….Hopefully for the night now…Spoke too soon again!! He’s awake again haha ahh well the joys of motherhood LOL

Nighty Night Girls
    oxoxox

Morning all
    ryan had a shocker last night too soaked in sweat most of the night and he has done one wee since late yesterday afternoon so back to the doc mid morning if the weeing doesn't promptly begin as he has been on the boob for most of the night so i know he has definately had fluids
    be back later

Kim ~ ryan got 3 needles too

Morning Girls,

Jayden didn't have that great a night either, but not near as bad as you Shazz.....Poor Ryan I hope he picks up and starts weeing for you!! Has he still got a temp?

Jayden's temp broke before I went to bed but I had to strip him right down to his bodysuit, and the poor boy was so cold this morning because he kicked his blankets off.

Let us know Shazz how Ryan goes at the Dr's..........Nat hows Em?

Tania Darcy has those two first needles all together. Same with the 2month ones.

Sheree - (shaking finger at you) Talking like that will only make you feel bad. No-one else can see the number on your clothes labels. That's an extra that just takes a bit of time. Have a good time in Brissy.

Well I must have gotten up a record number of times last night. I stopped counting at 10. She got herself out of her constraints (I mean wrap) at midnight and for the next 2 hours wanted to play! She never does that.

She's also only been having 1 boob instead of the usual both sides. And one of my nipples is really sore like it's bruised...any ideas? Could she be biting me and I'm not aware til later?

Maybe Darcy and Jayden are emailing each other too....One of my nipples is very sore (bruised looking) too, I'm not sure why attachment is the same, length of feed is the same, so I've got no idea

Off the topic - Why do ppl reply to text msg's that you clearly don't have to txt back? I sent my mum a text saying "We are home now you can call" She txt back "Ok" then a minute later she rang??? WTF??
    Last edited by Tannis; September 22nd, 2006 at 09:16 AM.

i got some sad news this morning my dear old great gran passed away early this morning i'm so so glad we took ryan to meet her last friday

i haven't taken ryan to the doctors yet he has started weeing like anything now although he still has a slight temp so who knows whats happening i'll keep a really close eye on him for the next few days

Hi Girls!!

Sorry i have been MIA for a while. BB was playing up for me and cause i am only on dial-up it was waaaaaayyyyyy tooooooooo sssssslllloooooowww!!! You girls have been chatting up a storm in here. Took me 20mins to catch up on all the posts.

Well i am slowly getting over my cold. This is the longest i have been sick in ages. Last time was 4 months of morning sickness!!! Briley is over her flu but is still very chesty. I took her back to the Dr yesterday and he said it was heaps better than last week. The flu must be going around cause even the Dr had the sniffles!!

RE: Babys Standing - Briley has been standing with support since she was real small. She has the strongest legs. When i am in the shower with her she stands on my boobs with her back under the shower and just smiles down at me!! She loves standing. I have'nt tried to have her stand without us supporting though. Not sure how she would go. When she is in her rocker, which has a bar that goes over the top of her with toys dangling down, she gets her feet up over the top of the bar and pulls it down to her feet and then lifts it up and down with her feet!! Its like she is doing weights!! She thinks she is the coolest cucumber!!

RE: Needles - Briley had to get 3 needles last time too. She is not due for her 4 months needles for a couple of weeks though. I wonder how she will go this time. Last time was aweful!! I even cried!!

Damn, Have to go....Briley is playing up for mum!!

BBL

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Afternoon Ladies,

Shazz ~ sorry to hear about the passing of your great nan.....good that Ryan got to meet her and visa versa...I hope Ryan is feeling better soon.

Kim ~ Glad to hear that I made you laugh with the antics of my DS.

Nat ~ lol @ erections, yes it will happen....I remember when Samuel got his first, I was mortified. I couldn't believe that my darling little baby boy had a st*ffy of all things. Samuel and his willy were the best of friends from that moment on. Finally he has lost interest for the time being anyway. Good one on the shopping trip. I must admit I too by clothes for Samuel and Phoebe and forget about myself. I should make a point of it being my turn next time round.

Sara ~ Briley can stand as well....I am amazed that so many of the may babies seem so advanced, it's excellent though.

Tania ~ lol @ your mum....my mum barely knows how to use her mobile phone, but I know what you mean about ppl texting back when they really don't have to.

Never ~ I am the same as you, I only get sore nipples when Phoebe isn't really hungry and doesn't attach properly.

Well I am very excited.....I have been busy buying up on ebay, Scrapbooking stuff (of course) I have fallen way behind and so bought up big so I can sit down next week and get stuck into it.

Finally getting on top of the housework this week, had been feeling guilty at how slack I have been. Going to a ANOTHER nutrimetics party tomorrow, leaving Samuel home with his dad, so hoping they don't mess everything up. I won't be impressed, that's for sure.

BBL

Oh Shazz, I'm so sorry. I bet though she was just waiting to meet him before she knew she could 'move on'. Old people know. I hope she was peaceful.

Shazz ~ I hope Ryan is ok. I know that Em was fussy after his last lot of injections though he seems fine this time! I’m so sorry to hear about your Gran passing away. How lovely that you only just went and visited though.

Kim ~ Em had 3 injections as well. LMAO Kim @ Darcy wanting to play at midnight. What did you do with her?

Tania ~ Em has been great. Woke up twice at ungodly hours (I didn’t even check lol) and I just gave him hugs and he went back to sleep and didn’t wake until 9!! YAY!! First sleep-in in days!! LMAO @ the text msg. I never got the point of sending a msg that short if its not needed!!

Sheree ~ Sizes on clothing is a load of crap lol. I saw you in the photos and you look great!! It took 9 months to put the weight on so give yourself at least 9 months before you start worrying about it!

Vic ~ :eek: @ having two on the one day. I’m sure they’ll be fine though.

Sara ~ Good to hear that Briley is doing well. LOL @ her doing weights in her rocker. How cute!! Seems like a lot of our babies have strong legs!

Mummy4Life ~ I am going to a scrap booking party soon… can’t remember when but its with my mum. I really should do some more scrap booking. Actually that is what I might do tonight. I think you girls are going to give me an award when I finally finish scrap booking this pregnancy lmao. Have fun at your party tomorrow!

We had a big day out today and Em just crashed when we got home. So I’m trying to catch up on a few posts and just decided to do some scrap booking. I also have ironing and dishes to do… It is so cold here right now – just yesterday was gorgeous and now today is cold enough for the heater again. Silly weather. What are everyone’s plans for the weekend? Any one planning to watch the footy? Oh and Em's tooth has gone down again - grrrr!!!

GO THE SWANNIES!!!! Cheer, cheer the red and the white!
    No Nat, I'm not going to watch, I'd be too upset if they lost. In regards to Darcy wanting to play at stupid hours - I'm mean and nasty. I don't turn on lights and I don't put up with rubbish. I've got loads more patience than shes got (think of all the garbage I've had to deal with) - she ain't never gonna win. I don't even get her out of the cot. I just rewrapped her and tucked her back in. Poo about that tooth.

Tania Darcy's a great typist so they might be emailing....LOL.

Mummy - send me some inspiration please. I haven't been able to be really enthusiatic about sbing since about December, and I got about 7 albums on the go!! Want to do some tonight....but would rather go to bed....oh well such is life.

Night all have a great weekend.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast