Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born May 2006

Lea, you mentioned hiccups! *LOL* When Maddy was a itsy-bitsy bubs like all of your babies, the only way to get rid of her hiccups was to lie her on her belly along my arm, and pat her on her back. Does that make sense? Don't know whether it was the pressure of having her tummy & chest pressed against the inside of my forearm but it worked everytime!

Thanks so much Becka. I will try that next time. They're just so voilent lol and he gets so upset. We do what we can to distract him but it doesn't really help. I'll let you know how it goes!

I'm so sorry girls i thought we all got Text messages from Kell
    i've p[osted this in the birth annoucements as well
    Heres The Text Kell's DH sent

Hi all, Toby born around 4 am 9/6/06 3455grams 52cm mum and bub doing well.

a huge congrats Kell DH and charlie on the arrival of Toby

welcome to the world little man

you poor girl Sheree. My advice is to ring the 24 h hotline for your Mat Health Nurse and have a talk to them. They are so good at putting your mind to rest over these sort of things. My daughter didnt poo for 10 days and they assured me it was ok for BF babies!
    Good Luck and I am sure its nothing to worry about.

Congrats Kellee on the birth of Toby! hope you are both doing well.

Well, I've been MIA for a little while.
    Hiccups- Patrick gets them all the time, all I do is top him up a little (I am BF) then burp him and they seem to disappear.
    Has anyone got the burp while they are drinking yet? Patrick did it to the nursing staff and they were in hysterics.
    Catch you all soon!

Oh Vic, every hour? Poor love. Isn't it amazing how they know when you want to be asleep.
    We must be having our off day today. We've only had about 1 1/2hrs in total over night. No sleep this morning and fighting for the last 2hrs to get her to sleep now. Tried to put her in her nursery and she hates that. Maybee I'll wait a couple moe weeks. Maybe another deep bath with mummy....
    Cam is working long hours over the weekend and it's getting a bit lonley here. Hope you are all njoying your weekends.

hi all whe ryan gets the hiccups he gets the kranks happening real quick and i usaully have to put him back on the BB's till they are gone other wise it is world war 3

Vic ~ our boys do the same thing sleeps well through the day and top up feeds through the night it is very annoying when you just crawl back to bed and your up again thinking of you hun and hopefully they will grow out of this real quick

I can't believe everyone was on today when I was out and about LOL!!!

Shan ~ Good to hear from you. How are things going?

Bellasmum ~ Haven't had the burp when drinking yet! My mum has told me hysterical stories about me doing that with her though lmao!

Never ~ Thanks for the tip. I'l try some cooled boiled water next time and see what he does! And OMG - 4 asleep... that is amazing! Nice work mum!!! Adam sounds like he's in the same routine as Emerson LOL!

Shazz ~ LOL @ Ryan and WW3 when he gets the hiccups!

Kim ~ I hear you re lonely!! Sometimes I go a full 24 hours and realize the only person I've seen is Emerson.... eek!!! I hope Cam comes home soon for you!

We had a really good night last night. Em went down at 9.30 - woke up @ 1.30 for a feed and then went straight back down and didn't wake until 6.30. It was great!! Spent a lovely day with my mum who was rapt to see her grandson for a few hours in a row! I was also sent home with all the ingrediants to make chicken stew LMAO! Then I came home and DP & I moved the computer into the study finally and sorted out my stuff. I was standing there saying how I was going to have to get a new keyboard and mouse and then DP ran out to the car and came back with an 'early' birthday present. So you guessed it! I have a new wireless keyboard and mouse that I'm using. It's fantastic and looks great!!! In fact the whole study is great. I have even moved a TV in here so I could virtually live out of this room....

I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend!

Forgot to mention that Em spent a good portion of last night in the cot! It was great! He would have gone back in but I feel asleep in my bed with him after his night feed!

Never ~ if I lived closer I'd come over and help you out! I find the carrier brilliant- Em's in it now! I was given it at my baby shower!

Kellee Guest

Thanks for all your well wishes, guys. Yes, my little man is FINALLY here and he was definitely worth the wait. It was a very long process – I will write a full birth story when I get time (probably in 2010) but in a nutshell… induced at 9 am and had niggly contractions all afternoon but nothing established. Was supposed to get the second lot of gels at 3 pm but there was something in the water in Brisbane and heaps of women decided to go into labour, so they were running SIX HOURS late. Didn’t get to the birth suite until after 9 pm, by which time I was already in established labour. After an internal things got very painful. Toby decided to keep his gymnast act up and turn posterior during the labour, so had an epidural at around 1.30. Got a bit of sleep and woke up to find my waters had broken and I was fully dilated. Toby had opened his bowels inside me too, so I was really worried, but after about 20 minutes of pushing he popped out all perfect. Tears are SHOCKING (will tell you about it all later) but thing are going well. He’s a good feeder, doesn’t have any trouble attaching at all, but he keeps falling asleep while I’m feeding him so he never has much. I reckon he’ll start to feed longer and longer over the next few days, but because I had so much trouble with Charlie I don’t know what to expect. Any ideas? Anyway, we came home last night because I hated being in the hospital on my own. He woke every 2 hours but went back to sleep easily, so I don’t mind. That’s the short version anyway. We’re so glad to have him here. Tonight is the first night with all four of us home (Mum had Charlie last night) so we’ll see how it goes.

Vic – sorry to hear that the kids have been sick. I bet that must happen a bit with so many littlies in the family – once one gets sick the whole family is down! IKWYM about needing someone during arsenic hour… I have been ok with just Charlie but I think things are about to get a lot more difficult with two. Poor little Mel getting jealous too. It must be hard for them – I can see that Charlie is going to get a bit of the green monster about him in the next couple of days. Wish you lived closer, then Mel and Charlie could console each other and we could have a cuppa!

Jess- I’m sure Patrick will put on some weight soon. When is his next check up?

Lea – sorry you didn’t get the message! DH did sms you (I saw him do it) but maybe I copied down your number wrong? Sorry about that. Congratulations on becoming an aunty too! It will be so nice for Em to have a playmate as he grows up.

Kim – thanks for posting a birth announcement for me. And yay Darcy putting on weight so well! That’s great news.

Mummy – lovely to meet you and congratulations on your little bundle! Exactly one month older than my Toby (although I’m still staying in here thanks!). Look forward to finding out all about your little one.

Alison – don’t worry too much about switching to formula. Happy bub equals happy mum, and yes, sleep is good! Don’t feel bad about it at all. I hope you’re doing better now – it sound like you are.

Sheree – yeah, my thought was to call a parenting hotline or something like that just to get an idea of whether it would be worth going to a doc. You’re right, it could have just been a reaction to something you ate. I suppose if he gets worse rapidly then it could be cause for concern, but just keep an eye on him and see how he goes. Sometimes babies just go through weird patches like that and then they’re fine again. Hope you’re feeling better about things now and that Lachy is better too.

Hello to Shan too. Has anyone heard from Sara?

Anyway, an early night calls. DH was even able to do some French horn practice just now, even though the kids are both asleep! What good boys I have…

Hope you and your bubs are doing well.

Kellee- Patrick gets weighed again on Thursday so fingers crossed he has put on weight! Otherwise back into the hospital he goes!

Vic, I'd be happy to go to ikea for you, but postage night be a bit stupid from syd to qld.... I love my baby bjorn too. I got it off ebay and Darcy loves it. Makes doing stuff with two hands so much easier!!

Kellee great to hear you're home and happy. Did those four day blues prove as bad as you were worried about?

Kellee - OMG I was so excited to see your post!!! How did you manage to make it such a big one LMAO!?!?! Congratulations on being home!! Can't wait to see pics of the little man! And nice work with the birth as well - LOL @ tears. Surprisingly enough I had none - though mum and DP did! And I quite possibly gave you the wrong number LMAO!! Oh well I found out in the end and I was so excited!

Jess ~ Best of wishes - I hope Patrick has put weight on so he doesn't have to go back to hospital!

Kim ~ Two hands makes thing amazingly easier LMAO... though I'm a pro at one handed things now!!

Never ~ The room changes sound great. It'll be interesting to see how it works out! Ikea is about an hour away for me. We've been meaning to go since its opened up here and haven't been yet so its likely we will go there. If we do and no one has gone for you yet I'd be happy to.

Well I got Em to sleep for over 7 hours last night - woot! It was great! He's in bed now and I'm just quickly posting. I'm watching the soccer and I really wanted Australia to win!! Any one got any suggestions for sniffly noses?? Poor little Em is snorting with each breath hehe! He sneezed before and got out a huge booger LOL. But I'm not sure how to help him!

Thanks ladies!

welcome home kell can't wait to see piccies of your little man

well we had a shocker last night Ryan screamed and cried real tears for over 4 fours the only thing that stopped him was taking his nappy off and letting him lie in front of the fire place except then he peed everywhere and it was a total change of clothes for both bub and mum he also has a snotty nose and i'm pretty sure a sore throat so after lots of cuddles and a dose of infants friend he finally went to sleep and slept for 4 hour straight yay

a big hi to everyone else i'll be back later to check out all the posts i've missed

OK ladies, just locking this thread now.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567