Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #3

WTG Aston!!! BIg boy for mum now...

I have to see my nurse on Tuesday so ill see how big my lil princess is!!!
    What did Aston weigh at birth??

Hi Kim.

Aston was 7pd2oz, 3.235 kg when he was born, and 53cm. How you doing darlin?

Ah Chelsea was 7p 4oz, 3.385kg, 48cm.

So a few differences there! Last time we got a check up she was under average for everything for her age... :frown: lets hope she has grown lots and lots more!!

Im doing ok... went thru a rough patch the other day thinking a was a bad mum and a failure (theres a post in the section some where) but now after hearing everyones replies i realise im normal.

I havent spoken to any one about my moods yet..but i will be when i go to get Chelsea's needles done.... make it my 6 week chekup....at 9 weeks..LOL
    Im getting there....so im happy. DH has been great and so supportive.

Hi Kim, I think we all have good and bad days. And if you meet someone that never has any bad days - well I think their either deluding themselves or lying!

I was late too for that "6 week check". My doctor has moved, so I had to find a new one, that's always fun - not. But I think I have found someone I'm happy with. A bit ditzy, but through.

We are off on a BBQ pontoon boat today, completely unplanned and spontaneous - last venture for the holidays. The kids are all excited, me - hmmmm - apprehensive. Shouldn't be, but that's just me. Well guess I'd better go and get all the bits and pieces organised.

Have a good day everyone

Hi Everyone,
    Gosh I had heaps of reading to catch up on, its been a while since Ive posted.
    Sorry to all the mummys who have been having a rough trot of late. Hope the bubs are settling down now and the mummys realise what wonderful mummys you all are.

About the dummies, I love them. Xander used one which really helped with his reflux, but Baylee wont use one:frown: he wants me to be mummy dummy. And now hes starting to suck his fingers Grrrr.

Everything is great on the homefront. Baylee is starting to play, its so cute. Hes becoming a big boy.

Hi again,
    thanks for the welcomes Nice to belong somewhere.
    I think there were only a few babies born in December, and none of them are buddies chatting sorts. The same thing happened in my April thread with Jenna, but luckily I was fairly well attached to the March girls since she was due in March.

Nothing to say. I'm just bloody tired today! We have good nights and bad nights, but the good thing is that Jenna is getting so much better at night, so thats one hurdle jumped!

what a day! it was great, the kids had a ball, DH caught a fish, and Aston slept the whole time we were on the boat. What a little legend. must be all the rocking of the waves.i'm shattered though, early night for me I think. Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.
    cheers

Aston the legend!!! Well done!

Fi thats great to hear that Jenna is getting better at nights, do you think she could send Matilda some sleep information

Matilda keeps waking up Jovie at night. She comes into our room to "check" on Jovie. LOL cute but not at 3am!!

Thats so cute of Matilda, Christy. Xander does similar things for Baylee, like brings him a toy and gives it to him when hes sleeping(but wakes him up in the process).
    Today I caught him trying to climb into the cradle while B was sleeping. I asked him what he thought he was doing and he told me that B 'needed' him.

Im glad you had a great day today Vicky. Good work Aston.

I hope Jenna keeps up the good night time sleep Fi.

I need some advice girls, Im contemplating giving B a bottle of formula at night before his big night time sleep. Sometimes he will sleep from 9-9.30pm til 3-4am and others he'll wake at 1am then 3am then 5am etc. Very occasionally he sleeps through. I love BF but its exhausting at night when its every 2hrs. I think hes just using me as a dummy coz he doesnt need the feed.
    I did it with X, but I went back to work when he was 13 wks and I needed to sleep, now that Im not going back to work, am I just being selfish?

HI Ladies,

I'm so stuffed today. The last week has finally caught up with me, and I have spent the day in my jim jams. about the most active thing I have done is cover books for school tomorrow. I've discovered that I wont be able to drink coke, unless I want a very awake baby the following 24 hours. Thankfully he is just awake, not cranky to go with it. Aston slept heaps yesterday on the boat, so maybe that is part of it too.

Robyn - I don't think you being selfish at all. Getting a full night's sleep seems to be my
    obsession of late too. Do what works say I.

well guess i better get motivated to get dinner organised. early night in our house, yay that school is back. only have the puppy and the husband to contend with. lol

ROBYN- as vicky said do waht right for you, but maybe try and settle Baylee before offering him the boob in the night so that in turn he may self settle during the night, dont under estimate BF, it maybe enough and like you said maybe he's waking cos he cant self settle again. Sophie luckly for us is a great self settler and sleeps through, we often get 13 hours but usually 11, and she's exclusivly BF!! so you may find that with formula he still wakes up!! but dont feel bad about giving him formula, god we all need our sleep !!
    VICKY i'm gald you had a great day fishing, hard to belive schools back hey!
    CHRISTY- Matilda's so cute checking on her sister!! but i agree not at 3.30 inthe morning lol....
    FI- your most welcome here as you already know!! glad Jenna's gettin better at night
    KIM hope your doing ok darl dont forget to talk to your DR about your moods and keep me posted, how's Chelseas head with the flat spot??

all is well here Sophie is growing nicely just need to keep working on the slight flat spot on the side of her head, sleeping well as i mentioned got 13 hours last night WTF!!! i go to bed everynight thinking this will be the night she wont sleep through!! i still dont expect it to last even though shes's been sleeping through since 3 weeks, i guess that will probably change when she teeths or decides she needs more feed during the night.
    have changed to taking meds to night as i was always drowsy, so feel heaps better now, i dont yawn all day!! hope everyone is going great guns

Thanx girls, I might try to 'not' feed him tonight and get him just to settle back to sleep.
    I think his main problem is that he wants to suck his fingers or thumb(he hasnt decided which one yet) and he still wants to be wrapped. I've tried wrapping him with his hands up near his face so he could still get to them, but he just ends up untucking himself and then gets *****ty coz hes not wrapped.
    If he could suck his fingers then maybe he wouldnt need me at night, maybe??? Anyway I'll try not feeding him tonight and let you know how we go.

hey

Still way behind but did a quick read

Fi: Welcome to the thread

All is good here, just busy

Mason kept me up all night friday night screaming in pain with his teeth, so dreading Cooper getting teeth now as it reminded me, we have been lucky though, its the second time in teething that he been like that, must just be a big tooth coming out

Luke is back at school tommorow and Mason has his second time at daycare, will see how he goes with staying for the nap time, they think he should as he done well last time, we shall see how he settles first, really dreading the morning rush though!

Will try to keep up a bit more now school is back, but i am sure you all know whats it like with kids anyhow

Hi guys,

Just popping in before Ella wakes for lunch.

Good to see everyone survived Xmas/NY. Took us 3 weeks to resettle Ella into a routine. Then she goes and sleeps through the night for 4 nights. Then she stared wanting to feed in the night again. (last night she fed twice) Maybe this is a growth spurt.

She's become so vocal. The last week making Grrrrrrr sounds and squealing quite loud to get attention.

Next week she turns 3 months. Cant wait to see what surprises next month brings.

Ann

Well today Chelsea had her 8 week review and went well.

* Weight 4980 gm -difference of 715 gm since 4 weeks ago
    * Length 56 cm-difference of 3 cm since 4 weeks ago
    * Head Circumference 38.3 cm difference of 1.3cm since 4 weeks ago

All up has gained (since birth):
    * Weight: 1595 gm
    * Length: 8cm
    * Head circumference: 4.3cm

Needles booked in for Thursday as well as my own check up.
    Last edited by visitor1; January 30th, 2007 at 12:06 PM.

Great Job Chelsea!! Good growth

Ann they do go through a growth spurt around 12 weeks. Jovie's woken up more in the past 2 nights and she's around 12 weeks.

Kim - great job mummy getting your girl to grow so well

Christy - just wondering how things are going with Jovie and the reflux etc?
    Did you ever use Losec with Matilda ? After what I thought was initial success with the Zantac we have continued to get worse again and I would say definitely no better than prior to meds, if not worse - at least on the sleeping issues. GP has given me script for Losec and said to try at the end of this week if no improvement with Zantac. just not sure whether to or not. It is off label use for babies which always makes me a touch anxious. however at this stage, I am willing to give anything a try!

Had my post natal check up with OB today - all is well with me (physically anyway). I almost laughed when he asked had we DTD yet. Much as I would like to (and I know DH is desperate-LOL!!), there is honestly just no chance with Logan the way he is. The only time he sleeps for any reasonable time is in the HAB or in bed cuddled up to me so not much opportunity to get intimate.
    Anyone else struggle with this issue?
    Going to take the little man to a chiropractor tomorrow - was reccomended to me by Pinky as a possible aid for the reflux and any other issues which may be contributing to his crying/sleeping problems. praying something will help soon!

hi guys, well guess what has happened to me today - I woke up with mastitis! :frown: Not happy. especially as it is my birthday as well. have spent the day expressing and massaging and feeding. and lying down between all that. thank god dh has been home today - it hurts too much to pick aston up. I went to the doctor and got a script for antibiotics, that I will only fill if I'm not feeling better tomorrow....please let me get better tomorrow....

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast