Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #4

Kim: i hope your day improves for you

Gigi: I know in qld that they have a meeting thing you can have through the hospital and they can actually have key members of staff from the birth to explain what happened and why, doesnt matter what state you gave birth in as i had Luke in nsw and was in qld when i talked about it with midwife, so maybe your state has a similiar thing through the hospital? My traumatic birth was 9 years ago and when i had Mason the midwife said it didnt matter how long ago that i could still do it if i wanted too to resolve the issuses i still had from it, i didnt go through with it but thought it might be helpful to you if you can find out if they have a similiar thing there. And hope the class went well

What an up and down w/e for everyone.!

Vicky - I totally understand bein g "set off" by the tiniest of things. DH said one small comment over the w/e and ended up with me in tears feeling awful. Think we mothers need a sign on our foreheads saying " fragile"!

Christy - I think you should complain about the person you spoke to. That is just NOT on. How was she to know you were not on the brink of doing something potentially dangerous to yourself or bubs? Those comments would be enough to tip anyone over!
    How are you feeling atm. Are things any better with Jovie?

Gigi - Have you spoken about your concerns with your midwife? Maybe she could help you find the right people to speak to?

Kim - you poor darl. I can't imagine dealing with a newborn AND early pregnancy let alone trying to go to work. Don't be hard on yourself - go back to bed if you can!
    Do you have to go back to work? Any chance of just remaining at home with Chels and taking it easier with the new pg?

Belinda - Guess sleeping issues just keep plaguing us for a fair time yet eh?
    Hoping Cooper decides to be good to his mum very shortly

Well, our w/e away was bit better than I expected. Logan was pretty good considering the 38degree heat and the people we were away with did help out by taking him from me regularly which was nice! I actually started to feel like I must be over-reacting to his sleep/unsettled behaviour but he did spend the entire time in someone's arms and not always wih me so I didn't have to deal with all the crying. Obviously not something I can replicate every day.
    I did have a dilemma on Friday as the mother/baby unit called to say thy could get me in the next day. Was very reluctant to turn down the spot but knew DH would be disapointed if I didn't come away. Hopefully I haven't been put at the back of the queue and will be offered again in the next couple of weeks. I do feel a bit less "tense" after getting some breaks over the w/e so can probably hang out a while longer.
    Logan rolled from back to tummy for the first time whilst lying on picninc rug at a winery!! Our whole group was cheering him on creating some amusement for others around us!
    Have him in the HAB atm - has bee asleep for nearly 3hrs which is pretty amazing. I think he must be catching up as didn't get enough whilst we were away. I am getting sore back so would actually be happy for him to wake now!!

Glad the weekend went well and its such a difference when lots of ppl around, i used to doubt myself with Luke who was such a high maitenence baby when we were away as well, but your right its just because they are occupied with so much else and you can relax a little, hope he is ok for you till you get that appointment again

Yah to the roll over, clever boy

Yay Meredith - I'm so glad you got to have some time out to be just you! it makes a world of difference to your head space doesn't it. I hope that you can get a space again in the mother/baby unit though - who knows it might make all the difference eh. My mum lives in Melbourne and she said that it has been stinking hot. Thankfully up here in sunny qld its been a relatively mild summer. The heat maybe contributing to poor little Logan feeling so ick. I know I do when its hot and revolting. Hopefully the weather will settle soon in your neck of the woods. Yay on the rolling over. How quick are these boys growing up!!???

Thanks Belinda for the encouragement on the Nathan front. its still a bit up and down, but having a positive thing to focus on to improve his "thinking" seems to be working - not as quickly as I would like of course, but my patience isnt the best at the moment! But its a new week today, so anything is possible!

Christy - I'm with Meredith - you should complain about that woman. But can totally understand that to do that requires the energy to do so, and when your feeling like crap, finding that little bit extra is soooooooooo hard to do. How did your blood test go? I got my results back, have to go again in 6 months, and while it indicating that it was gone, the fact that I'm still getting hypos means I have to be vigilant with my eating, so that it doesnt come back...in other words I'm sitting in the waiting room of possibly developing it! sigh.

Gigi - i meant to tell you - you can get your ticker from lilypie.com . just follow the instructions, then you put the code in your signature under your profile. On the debriefing front - maybe seek some counselling? I do know that talking about it helps the healing. don't do what I did, and NOT talk about it.

Kim - glad you had a good time away, bugger that Chelsea was unsettled for you. Hope she is getting back into her routine. My mum is arriving on Saturday for nine days, and staying at a resort in Noosa, which means lots of toing and froing for aston in the car. fingers crossed that it doesn't come back to bite me on the bum! Yuk on the morning sickness front. Hat off to you girl, 3 mth old, morningsickness, and back to work. Don't burn out though...

AJP - How is your Sophie going? Was it you that had the Roto virus vaccine? I know one of us in here did. Aston had his first dose today, and will have the second dose when he has his 4mth needles. Hopefully he will be unaffected by it...but who knows. The doctor said 48hours, possible fevers, but that's about it.

Hi everyone else... gotta move on to the "todo List" now. the one that never seems to get finished!!!! have a good day all...

Gigi - don't know who you ask for the debrief. My labour was *tricky* but nothing like yours, but i dont remember much of it let alone why certain decisions were made. Luckily DH was there and told me why they decided to do this or that...Hope you get some answers soon.

All Victorians - Hope you get some cooler weather soon. Its quite warm here in Sydney and it doesnt help to have a baby with heat rash and a sweaty head. Lots of cool wipe downs (even if she doesnt like it)

Christy - we have workers from the early childhood centres like that here too. They are useless - now I only see them when i need to weigh and measure Ella. Even then they told me i dont need to do it every month! Go figure! I said "But i want to". The only good thing they did was to put together our mothers group. They are my pillar of strength

As for us, Ella has gone back to waking every 3hours in the night (before she was sleeping 10hrs)! so i'm exhausted. Dont really know why she's waking so frequently but i'm just going with it at the moment and hopefully it will pass (it did before)

Ann

Thanks girls!!!I just couldn't believe it... but at least I knew better than to take on board what she said. silly woman

Gigi I did a debrief with a doula. So maybe thats the way to go. Our hospital has social workers available who do councelling so you can do a debrief through them as well.

Jovie is sleeping great guns at night now, 10 hours straight and then back to sleep for another 2 usually. Problem is she won't sleep during the day for more than 15-20 minute cat naps. Urgh...

I am going better. Hopefully will get those test results in a day or two. I have an appointment with the GP on Friday but she will call if they are abnormal.

Vicky not us that had the retro virus injection but iam asking about that next wednesday when we gofor our 4 month needles. have fun with your mum

had sophie weighed today at mothers group and she's only put on 200g in 3 1/2 weeks so not sure whats going o there!! but having her weiged again next monday so shes 5.690kg. heaps of beaming smiles, soooo cute!!

Christy i'm glad Jovie is sleeping through for you!!!

Kim did you tell your families about your new bubba? they must be very excited for you guys, hope the m/s goes soon, eat vegemite!!

AJP we did indeed tell them and they are extremely excited. Got the usual 'Gee you dont muck around' comments. Really now thats starting to hurt me and i hate it. This was our choice and decision.....oh well ill get over it.

Christy:Cooper is the same here with the sleeping, although suprised me today and had a huge sleep today, so who knows lol, bet he wont tommorow with noisy mason around

Kim: Sorry to hear the comments are getting you down, guess ppl dont think much before they speak, i think its very exciting myself

Ah i so want another baby now, i am soo not the clucky type, well lets say i wasnt the clucky type, i am now, it sucks! But like someone said you have 3 so i doubt 4 would make much difference now lol

Dh might have other ideas though lol, but i get what i want in the end, and i can ditch him and find a younger model anyhow

Well, the vaccine has affected Aston, poor little man. lots of chucking up, which is not like him, and very unsettled. very cuddly boy today. oh well, guess its for the greater good...

What vaccine was it Vicky.... and wat does it do??
    Poor Aston, i hope he improves overnight.

Logan has had the Rota virus vacc and no problems that I really noticed
    Sorry, Vicky, that Aston so affected. Hopefully will only be 24hrs

Kim - FYI - Rota virus vaccine is an oral vaccine against a common gastro virus.. It is optional and not covered by medicare so you have to pay for it (costing us $90 for each of 3 doses). First dose has to be given prior to 3mths of age.

Another sticky day in Melbourne today --aggh! Logan still in the HAB atm (has been for over 3hrs now!) but I am getting uncomfortably hot so actually keen for him to wake!

I have Cooper sick here, well since last night, bringing up every bottle and filling nappies, i would say he picked up the virus luke had the other day, hoping he keeps the bottle i gave him earlier down then i will know he is on the improve

I never worried about the rota virus one cause i thought we dont really see anyone much, but later i realised that Mason goes to daycare and would bring stuff home, oh well too late now for him to have it, think they have to have all the shots before 6mths or something

Hi everyone..

Christy - im sorry to hear that when you were needing support some disgusting women was no help at all, and made you feel worse. you have to wonder what goes through these ppl's minds. makes me so angry...glad to hear Jovie is sleeping good at night for you.

Meredith - What a clever boy you have there rolling over!!!

Luua - i hope Ella starts going back to her 10hrs sleep, Knocks ya around abit when your so used to a good sleep! Emelia has woken at 3am the past 3 nights for a bottle very unlike her(as she usually sleeps through) Last night was better though she woke at 3 but i just popped her dummy back in and she went straight back to sleep

Vicky - so hard when the vaccines affect them , but in the end it is the best for them , hope Ashton feels better soon. im not looking forward to Emelia's 4 month needles i was almost was in tears last time, but i guess u gotta be cruel to be kind sometimes!

Belinda - Sorry to hear Cooper is sick hopefully he improves soon, poor lil fella.

Kim - *Hugz* Dont let what other ppl say get u down i know its hard not to but its is yours, Craig's and chelsea's life and as long as you guys are happy dont let other ppl burst your bubble of happiness!! hehe Hope everything is going well with pregnancy so far!

well everything going good here Emelia's arm is improving everyday i cant wait till her appoitment on the 2nd to see what they say, her physio will be happy she's a lovely lady always remembers Emelia, thinks shes just so gorjus (probably says that to all the babies though lol) Emelia's starting to drop her bottom lip at some ppl that hold her now! does it to MIL..i feel like saying good girl sometimes hahaha (mean i know) but ive got one of those MIL's that just gets on my nerves alot(long story!)

Hope everyone is doing well

welcome blanchie, gald Emelia is getting better, sophie drops the bottom lip at strangers as well, like my sister HAHAHAH,

Belinda i hope cooper gets well soon, i'm not looking forward to the day that sophie gets sick! were having 4 month injecxtions next week and unlike last time i wont give panadol beacuse apparently you shouldnt as you cant tell if they react.

Meredith would you like to catch up next week?, i could come over and see you?

Kim good luck at the docs hope you get the dating scan, ooohhh how exciting!!

vicky hows aston?

Ann how are ellas night sleeps going? is she back to normal again?

Well i'm having a **** day today, didnt take my meds last night as i ran out, so big downer today, didnt think that one day off and i'd feel this way, probably doesnt help that i have issue with my mum and sister, i hate been the youngest child i feel like i shouldn't have been born, they should have stopped after my sister, no offence to those with 3 kids,they had a boy and girl why have me? i'm the odd one out, the black sheep in the family, i get left out all the time, they have a great relationship theygo shopping, walking together, i never geta sked but they always tell me when they've been out together! i'm very independant moved out at a 20 married at 23 to the best boy inthe world who hated how my family makes me feel. the last thing i wanted was my mum to have more to do with me cause i was preggers and thats what happened, makes me feel worse. she does try but io feel it's too little too lat\. shes helping me make nappies, but!!
    sorry to winge, just need to get it out, sorry guys,

AJP *Big hugs honey* it sucks when u have a bad day.... i always say i was a mistake cos theres 10yrs between my sis and me.... so i say i shouldnt have been born too.

Look at it this way... ur your own person... u may be the black sheep.... but at least u are you!!!! I hope you get back on ur meds.. cos they must have been helping!!

I had my appt today... im getting a datin scan next week. But dr pretty certain ill be due 15th October!! So only 237 days to go!!! haha

AJP: I am still giving panadol myself, i forgot with Mason once and he screamed for hours, never going there again, was horrible, but never knew they changed it because of seeing reactions, must be a new thing?
    And dont be sorry, you are entitled to say how you feel, and i am sorry things have been a downer for you today, hope you can refill your meds shortly and feel a bit better about things, take care

ETA: yah for dating scan and extra YAH for only 237 days to go it will fly by, i know with having Mason around Coopers went so quick, too busy to think about it really

Hi girls

How's Cooper going Belinda? Hope he's on the improve. I am not looking forward to Aston getting sick, but I guess having two at school its inevitable...they are going to bring SOMETHING home.

AJP - what your are feeling is a typical response when you stop take your meds suddenly - even for one day. Its withdrawal syndrome - the drop in the medication that levels out your moods is pretty dramatic. that is why when you are going off them for good you have to do it slowly, gradually cutting down your dose. Why do i know this, because I used to do it allllllll the time. It was horrid. I would run out on a Saturday, and wouldn't be able to get the chemist that kept my script until the monday, or before I kept it at a particular chemist, wouldn't be able to find the bloody repeat. I hated feeling that way so much that in the end I would have a spare pack so I never ran out. When I came off them, I gradually cut my dose down over a couple of months. As for how your feeling about your "family", hugs darlin, I can empathise hugely. my mum is coming on Saturday from Melbourne, and I can't wait to see her, but I don't want my sister to come to where she is staying because it ALWAYS ends up being crappy. So I am excited, and apprehensive. My relationship with my sister is so bad that even though she lives half an hour away, I don't see her by choice. Its just too much like hard work. But that's another story. Hang in there, get your script filled, be kind to yourself, and hug that baby girl of yours. You have your OWN family now, and that counts for lots.

Kim, aston has had the roto vaccine that is in two dose (for 100 a pop), he will have the second one at his next needles. my GP said that you if you are going to do it, it has to be before they are 6 mths as they have to have a month between each dose. so if you wanted to do it, it is still and option. It is a new vaccine, and I decided to do it because I have the big kids at school were they get all sorts of things, and I have seen and known of little ones coming down with it and ending up in hospital because of it. from baby to two its a pretty yuk virus for them to get as they get knocked around by it so quickly. But if Chelsea is around lots of other kids, or at daycare she should be fine.

rambling on a bit here, I think having wearing my son as a brooch for the last 24hours has taken its toll....I dont know how you do it Meredith. Reach over RIGHT NOW and pat yourself on the back girl!

on that note I'm going to lay in the bath while he is asleep.finally.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast