Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #4

AJP: Not much i can say to help there but just know i am thinking of you and hope it all turns out ok in the end

Vicky: Funnily enough as your Mum leaves my parents arrive here lol, then luke and i are in Sydney for 4days, we will work something out lol, we will be back to our boring lives with nothing happening soon enough

Well ladies im stuffed!!! I thought a day alone with DD was tiring... but noooo ....working a 12 hour day without her is worse!!!!

On a good note, she has slept for my friend all day... and now cant keep awake at home!!!!

Im off to bed.. i hope your all good and lil babies all good!!

Well Cooper isnt well again, well probably the same thing but the bottom end now, he is fine otherwise though, not whinging or anything, so hopefully it passes quick cause we are going through a heap of nappies

hope everyone is going well,

Emelia has developed a little temper already!! she does this really high pitched squeal when she wants attention...very frustrating when your in a doctors surgery! but cute at the same time.

AJP - So sorry to hear about ur friend, its not fair at all no one deserves to go through that..great to hear they are expecting hope all goes well for them.

Belinda - hope Cooper's feeling better tomorrow

Blanchie - Emelia is growing so beautifully! love the latest photos. She is such a happy little thing isn't she?

Belinda - sorry to hear Cooper isn't 100%. I hope he is better soon darlin,

Kim - hope you have an easier day today - i remember how tired I felt after I went back to work after I had Laura when she was 5 months old, I was shattered when I got home. It was the longest 7 months of my life! I left work when she was 1, and sent her dad back to work. He looked after her while I was at work - and that was all he did - that and watch all the latest release videos! I did everything else, including working fulltime! that was why in the end I said enough, and sent him back to work!

Well, I'm very unimpressed! I got my period this morning - much to my disgust. I didn't get it until I had completely stopped breastfeeding laura, and not til 9mths with Nathan, so it was very unexpected. Does explain alot though, like the very aching lower back pain that I have had for days, the melt down at the petrol station on Saturday...Has anyone else who is BF had theirs return yet? I feel so ick today - not fun. going to spend the day in my PJ's!

Hope everyone else has a good day

HI girls!

Vicky - Aggh at AF coming so soon. Nothing of the sort here for me although I would actually be over the moon to see my cycle back. Logan was concieved with assistance as I was not really ovulating with any regularity. I am keen to try for no 2 in the not to distant future due to my age but also have the dilema of not wanting to stop BFing. Don't think there is much chance of AF whilst I BF but I will continue hoping!
    Hope you can find some like-minded women with babies in your area. it really is nice to mix with others to help keep you sane! Pity we all live in different states - we could all make a great mother's group!
    BabyRoo is the baby version of Gymbaroo. Logan has cried throughout both of classes we have been to but hopefully he will start enjoying it more soon. Don't really like the idea of paying $$ to have my baby cry for 45mins!

Christy - Hope the Paed appt went well. I know what you mean about the $$ -our bank account is falling fast with all the money we are spending to try and sort Logan out!
    Great that she sleeps 10hrs at night. That must help save your sanity.

belinda - Sorry that Cooper is not 100% Are the other kids ill at all?

Kim - well done on surviving a full work day - I think you deserve a medal for keeping up with it all!

AJP - Please don't beat yourself up about what you are going through. You didn't ASK to get PND, nor could you stop it anymore than someone with any other illness. What happened to your friend is the worst tragedy i think anyone could experience but that doesn't mean you have any less right to feel the way you do. You were obviously hit hard by her son's death also which only makes things worse. You DO deserve to have such a wonderful baby but no matter how "good" she is, you can't help, nor should feel guilt about your mental state.
    I am still happy to get together with you and we can both vent our frustrations! Tuesday next week no good, sorry as i will be at Tweedle day-stay. Thursday is a possibilty for me if you are free?

Paed visit the other day was fairly unproductive. he still thinks Reflux the likely issue and has just upped the dose of Losec and written the refferal for NorthPark
    Had Pinky around for a home visit yesterday. I though Logan was going to prove me wrong by sleeping like an angel whilst she was here but nope, he came good and showed his 45min pattern. Pinky thought he looked to awaken with pain and at least made me feel like i am not over-reacting with his problems. She couldn't offer any magical suggestions other than to try getting him straight to the boob when he wakens. Not ideally what I want to do every 45mins or to be "tied" to him as the only person able to settle him. however, i have tried it this afternoon. Got him to sleep in the hammock then stright up and into bed with me at 45mins. took another 10mins to resttle but he is still asleep now and hr later so maybe I'll just do it when i can and hope the cycle breaks in time? or the mother/baby unit offers something miraculous!

Thanks Vicky and Merideth he seems ok so far today so hopefully a passing thing, Luke was sick earlier in the week with a bug so would say its that

Vicky: sorry that AF found you so early, damn at not gettting a longer break

Merideth: I hope something works out for you soon

Nothing much happening here, so quiet, luke at school and mason at daycare and cooper has slept most of the day, so no complaining here, thinking of going out tonight so might find some friends who are keen to go as well lol

WOW great Belinda! I hope you got a good break today.

Meredith I hear ya. *hug* I hope Pinky's advice helped.

Vicky, yuck at AF returning, bummer.

Blanche LOL at Emelia's squeal how cute.

Us well... very unimpressive paediatrician appt. He was awful. Told me that Jovie was just a cranky baby and that her pain signs were really tired signs I was missing. Then he told me to shut the door & let her cry until she falls asleep, and then he said to start solids in a week or two OMG so much bad advice in one hit. I couldn't believe it, I almost asked for my money back. I told him that after reading new research from UQ about CC being bad before 6 months, I didn't want to do that with Jovie. And then I said why does the WHO recommend starting solids at 6 months?

He said she could have reflux but would have to do invasive testing before he agreed. I of course don't think its bad enough... AND the oral thrush I told him that the one medication we first tried really upset her system & thats the one he wants me to try again!! URGH we tried it for 10 days & it didn't help at all... but he wouldn't listen to me.

So... there went that $$ down the drain. I think we will stick with our natural therapies.

Christy - What a waste of time and money. You've not been having much luck with advice/support. Sounds like you know what advice to ignore though... Good luck with the natural remedies.

Vicky - i got my period when Ella was 2 months too. I was like "HuH!? But...i'm breastfeeding this isn't suppose to happen" It also lasted 2 weeks! But havent had one since...

Kim - Hope you enjoy a weekend of rest and a happy baby

Ella is going well. Still drooling and no sign of teeth yet. They are taking their time but she seems grizzly all the time. She doesn't cry but when she gets something in her mouth she desperately chews it as if she's going to devour it. Its quite funny.

Ann

Hi Christy im sorry to hear that the paed appt didnt go so well

I just wanted to share with you what i did with Emelia..,i found that it worked for her..i know all babies are different, and believe me this was hard for me to do but she used to only go to sleep in my arms and when she fell asleep i would pop her in her cot and she would be awake within 5-15 mins but she would still be tired i couldn't understand why she was doing this, she was a very miserable baby. So i gave CC a go i would put her down make sure she was settled then walk away i stayed close by and watched her (she couldnt see me though) I wouldnt let her get to the stage where she was crying hysterically i just couldnt do that... i would let her cry for a few mintues and then would just walk up pop her dummy in make her settled again and walk away. the first time i tried this it only took ten minutes and she slept almost 3 hours for the first time ever, ever since then i have had no troubles she became an instant happy little bub. Only problem now is that she only likes her cot and wont fall asleep hardly anywhere else!

please dont think im telling you to do this, i just wanted to share with you my experience. please dont take it that im telling you this is what i think you should do with Jovie. sorry i probably didnt help in anyway at all

Ann - that's exactly what I had thought! I was not impressed. Have felt like s**t all day, completely wacked me. Thanks for the heads up on it maybe lasting ages...sigh.Dont' deal with that part of woman hood at the best of times!

Christy - How did u restrain yourself from wacking him over the head!?!? I'm so sorry that it wasn't a better result. Good luck with the natural therapies - I hope that it brings you and Jovie some relief soon.

Lucky you Belinda having a sleeping baby, and being other wise kid free for the day. Wouldn't you know it, I put aston down to sleep this morning at 8.30, and he slept til 11.00. and of course if I had of laid down then he would have slept for only an hour! murphy's law I swear!

Meredith I hope that you are able to get some assitance from the mother&baby unit. do you have a time for when you are going yet? Totally understandalbe about not wanting to be the only person to settle Logan - I sometimes feel hemmed in with Aston, and he's pretty easy, I think its when I have the other two sitting on top of me while I'm feeding him that I start to think "do I actually have ANY personal space at all???" And then after DH having a hard time with him when I went for my massage - well, needless to say I havnet had another one yet. and when I got my hair cut, Aston was with me...but I can see that if I'm the only one to "wave the magic wand" so to speak, its going to get harder for me to do anything! and I want to return to uni next year, so would be putting him into familiy day care. I don't want him to be so attached to me that his little heart breaks everytime I leave the room. (been there, done that with Nathan) Motherhood is already laden with enough guilt as it is without adding in more!!

Gosh I must sound like a horrible mother. just reread what I typed. I love all of my kids to pieces, but also know how important is to look after ME - otherwise I'm no good to anyone - kids, husband or the general universe! I guess I want my children to be confident, compassionate and caring human beings...oh i'm rambling now, can you tell I'm incredibily tired, and hormonal??? so i will stop before I start to sound ridiculous.
    Have a good weekend everyone, my mum arrives tomorrow. Yay! so i probably won't be around much for the next week. take care

Have fun with your mum Vicky!! And you are a GOOD mum to all of ur children!! Oh and majorly sucks AF has returned.....i only seen her once and now she has gone again.. lol

Sorry to hear your appt did go so well Christy.... i say stick to what u hope works best... dont put Jovie of medication that wont help.

Blanche thanks for the advance....it might help some of our non sleeping bubs!

Ann make Ella's toothy pegs come out!!! Chelsea has begun drooling now....

Well i had another great day at work,,kept me busy and time fly... now i have my grizzly monster at home....she wont astop crying and wingeing... not wat i had in mind after a long day....and also she has been an angel apparently ALL DAY!! Ah well... 2 days with her then back to work on Monday! Next week is a busy one for me.
    Monday-work
    Tuesday-Solicitors (my ex Boy'f sent me a letter of demand..not happy)
    Wednesday-Child health nurse for DD
    Thurs-Dating scan (yay)
    Fri- work

Any how ladies.. have a lovely weekend!!

Thanks Kim. I just looked at your photos. I think Chelsea looks like you. Aston is such a ratbag - he will be laying in my arms grinning, and laughing, smiling and cooing, and you get the camera out, and he STOPS. just looks at this stupid ugly black box with a bored expression on his face. Sometimes we catch him out, when he hasn't seen it...lol, cheeky bugger, maybe he is like his mother, who hates having her photo taken!

Aw ta Vicky! I think she looks like DH and my mum says she is a double of Craig (dh). She loves pics taken.. when ever she sees the camera she poses!!!!!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Finch View Post
    Thanks Kim. I just looked at your photos. I think Chelsea looks like you. Aston is such a ratbag - he will be laying in my arms grinning, and laughing, smiling and cooing, and you get the camera out, and he STOPS. just looks at this stupid ugly black box with a bored expression on his face. Sometimes we catch him out, when he hasn't seen it...lol, cheeky bugger, maybe he is like his mother, who hates having her photo taken!
    ha ha Vicky, you keep saying things i want to say SNAP to!!!

my bub WON"T smile for the camera, goes from gurgly happy to serious THE MOMENT i pick up the camera!!!!

and if i lie down for a nap when bub is asleep, she will have a short nap.
    if i go and do housework etc, she will have a long nap and i will think "Wow, i could have had a decent sleep then too! if only i'd know she was going to sleep long!!!"

and for the record, you DON"T sound like a horrible mother at all! I laff when you talk about being hormonal, i have no AF (yet) but dh says i am constantly in a state of PMT!!!! I'm ok when i'm rested, but that rarely happens!!!

Poor Christy - that paed. doctor - yuck. So negative and totally dismissive of your empirical knowledge. All your observations of how your bub is are VERY valid and should NOT be dismissed.

Belinda - did you get to go out tonight? I wanna hear all about it!! i'm not going anywhere apart from physio appointments and once a week grocery dash, so i might as well enjoy your outing vicariously!!! ha ha

Meredith, when you talk about Pinky, do you mean that Pinky MacKay that is on TV sometimes? Wow, you're lucky!!!

Does anyone have routines for handling "going out time" with their bub?
    Like today, i knew we were being picked up around 9.30 for physio appointment.
    So i rouse bub at 9am to give me time to change her and feed her before we get collected. Then we're out all morning, she doesn't get her sleep, she gets some play with my parenting support worker who minds her while i'm in with the physio, but bubs is all ratty afterwards, won't feed properly cos it's 36 degrees. We're home around 1 and she spends the rest of the day not feeding properly and not sleeping for more than 15mins.

WHen we are home normally, she has these cycles of change - feed - play - sleep and it works great. As soon as we go anywhere, this all goes to mush!!!!

What do the rest of you do for outings?

I get all nervous when i'm out, like if i wrap bubs up for her sleep, people feel obliged to tell me "won't she get hot? won't she feel trapped etc" - even though i know it's what my baby actually likes and responds to, and i use the thinnest muslin wraps anyhow, so to avoid the comments, i stop doing it, and then she doesn't get a sleep.

hi gigi

When i go out i try make it so thats it's after Emelia has feed, been changed and had a play so i know she will fall asleep in the car on the way to the shops or if not in the car i know she will fall asleep in the pram..sometimes can take a little while as she only likes it in her own cot so she fights it alot when im out. but i find if i have an appointment i always try get the earliest one so i can get her up bath her feed her and all that take her there so shes in her happy playing mood (and theres always ppl around that just talk to her so shes happy as can be!!) then i get her home in time for her nap.

btw dont let other ppl stop u from doing wat u know ur baby likes, Emelia always has to have a blanket on even in the heat thats wat is comfortable for her. everyones always gonna have there opinion but u know ur baby best

hahaha Gigi

Well i did go out and i am home now eating reheated pizza, unfortunately i was bloated before i went out so didnt help me much, had a good night though but glad its over, so you didnt miss much lol, but if one more guy had stared at me i would of had to of poked his eyes out with a stick, and i am not being at all love myself there, they just stare and i am sure there parents at one point in life told them its rude to stare!
    Oh a teenager tried to pick me up lol, poor guy probably needed glasses but hey good boost to the old ego

ok enough crap

nite

Hi gigi, you came to mind as I was feeding aston in the wee hours this morning. I was thinking about your question about going out. Like blanchie I tend to leave after Aston has had a feed, and play, and would be getting ready to have a sleep, and he ususally falls asleep in the car - mind you I live about half an hour from where ever I usually want to go to. When we are out, I haven't had to wrap him, but do put the muslin wrap tucked in over him in the pram. Having said that I wouldn't hesistate to wrap him if he wasn't settling. the wrap, the dummy and tigger next to him are all the sleep cues that he has at home, lay him out on the wrap, pop the dummy in, and you can see him falling into the mode of sleeping most of the time. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to start taking tigger with us when we venture out soon, because he cuddles up next to him. (very cute) I also have some things for him to "play" with attached to the pram. do you have some toys for her to look at and touch while your out? kind of replicates that play time at home iykwim. As for "other" people - you know what works for bub. your her mummy darlin, bugger what they say. lots of people have asked me about the whole wrapping thing too, and I just reply that it makes them feel safe because its familiar just like being in the womb. if its really hot, i still wrap aston, I just do it with only a nappy on him. Hope that helps a bit.

ROLMAO Belinda. Way to go. and definately a boost to the ego! Not bad after having had three bubs, one of them just months ago! Must of been nice to have some"me" time though.

I'm doing a survey - no not really, just being nosey, and curious to know how old we all are. Some of you have your age in your Signatures. but the rest of us are guarding it with our lives...lol. I'm 37 (OMG 3 years of forty!!!) I bet I end up being the oldest one in here!

I think Aston has gone back to sleep now. He woke up with this god awful choking sound. DH and I were out of bed like bullets, poor little guy was "choking" on his spit I think. Tears and all. Settled him down, and fed him, but of course he was wide awake then. But it sounds like he is making sleeping noises now, so on that note I'm going back to bed to make my own sleeping noises....

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast