Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #4

Ann - looks like lots of us are moving! what on earth are we thinking!!! I just keep thinking, gotta get thru it, then collapse in a heap!

I went to my first mother and baby group this morning, its a 6 week course that is called parenting young babies. I was the only one with other kids, and pretty sure the eldest there - but there were about half and half - some mums over 30, some under. and about half and half girls and boys. It was interesting, and I'll go again. I really would like to make some friends with bubs similar age to Aston, so fingers crossed I may meet a kindred spirit, but if nothing else I will find out what is availabe in Noosa for babies.

On an exciting note - well it was for me! lol - Aston slept through the night! YAY!!!! he may not do it again for six months, but fingers crossed its the beginning of lots of lovely sleepfillled nights for me...lol. I had to express this morning though, because I don't want to get mastitis again. DH gave Aston a bottle of expressed milk for the first time this afternoon. You should have seen his face, it was precious. Its good to know that aston will take a bottle, so I will start expressing and storing now.

well girls, I hope everyone else is doing ok...I am off to pack some more....cheers!

Good man Aston!!! Chelsea is sleeping very well thru the night 10+ hours every night.
    Saturday she went to bed at 830pm and didnt wake til 845am sunday!

Wel we have had a weekend of house hunting and finding nothing worth spending our dosh on....and DH with a 39.4 deg temp. Took him to dr last night...who thought he had meningococal (sp?) but ruled it out when there was no stiff neck, rash or sore testes.....so we dunno wats wrong.. but he is slowing getting better.

Me on the other hand is sooo tired and mild MS is setting in... no vomitting yet! Chels has been great....sleeps when i want her too...(i think its just cos its been hot tho).

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

oohhh i feel very sorry to all of you who are on the move! were not going ANYWHERE for the next 20 years i swear!! but good luck to those looking and those packing!!
    had sophie weighed again today and she put on 200g in the past week!!!!!!!
    so a very happy mummy here!! still feeding 2 hourly during the day and drinking sustegen. going to a mum for mums group tomorrow for PND which i'm a little scared of, more scared of seeing someone there that i know, so we'll see.

YAY!!!! for Sophie. You must feel very please AJP. That really is wonderful. Try not to worry about tomorrow hun, even if you do see someone you know...all the better say I. If you did, they would probably be feeling exactly the same as you are. I know when I had PND I was reluctant to tell anyone, mainly because of the small mindness of some people, but I got armed with information, I became smarter then them - and could shoot their silly callous remarks down in flames. I hope that it is helpful for you.

We got lots of packing done this afternoon, still seems though that there's heaps more to do, mainly because its all the "big" bits, like furniture...lol. so we are surrounded by boxes. did all those boring things like telephone a billion services to transfer phone, electric, etc etc...got so sick of being on bloody hold, or talking to an electronic voice.

I wonder if Aston will do a repeat performance tonight? Oh how nice it would be...lol.

Kim I hope your DH is feeling better soon, and that Chelsea doesn't end up with anything. Have you tried ginger beer for the nausea? I lived on it when I was pregnant with all my kids, that and ginger nut biscuits..lol seemed to help , at least kept that ick feeling at bay for a while.

HI everyone else, hope you are all good.

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

AJP - good on you for going to the PND group, that takes courage. I really hope you get some joy there, and feel listened to. That's great that the Sustagen etc must be working, with little soph putting on 200 gm - yeh for her!! See, you're a great mum!

Vicky - you're going great with the packing, has you got any incentives? LIke, after i've packed ten boxes, i get a tim tam?? ha ha.

Kim - in the lolly aisle at the supermarket, there are jubey things called GINGER BEARS (in the shape of bears). I kept those in my handbag to suck on one when stuck in traffic or other places where i coudln't quickly get a drink or something to take m/s taste out of my mouth.

Today i discovered Tiny Bilby has grown out of all her 000 singlets (well the Bonds brand, not the best for less 000). Can't get them over her head anymore. I loved tie dyeing them for her, so funky, but in the "too small" bag now. Silly but i feel a bit sad, my darling is no longer a newborn.

Today she sortof was a little bit affectionate, or maybe i just chose to interprete her clinging to my hair on both sides of me, as a little hug. She prolly just wanted to cling on to feel safer, but i told myself, maybe that was her version of affection. I was holding her firmly adn nuzzling her hair like usual, i love the smell of her hair. The bald patch is so pronounced at the back, like a little monk! She tracks everyone, gurgles at faces on tv, she is such a stickybeak - that's why the bald patch! I'm seeing lots of auburn in her hair at the back, the only long bits left. Maybe she will get my hair colour after all.

Have not tried ginger.... will do tho.

Arghhhh im an emotional wreck. DH got worse tonight.. so took him to the dr again... who rushed him up the the local hospital... that was at 10pm..... its now 3am and i know nothing... i stormed out cos we had a bit of a fight....any how all i know is they are doing a lumber puncture on him.....to rule out meningitis.....and they ruleed out meningococcal (again even tho his symptoms were alot worse this time that he didnt have last night) when we first arrived. Dr's exact words were 'dont have it otherwise ud be dead by now'.

I havent slept.. i cANt sleep... i feel so sick and i keep crying. I have no one... only chelsea.... and when she sees me crying she smiles and giggles at me.

I will come back and chat a bit more when im not in such a state

awww Kim so sorry to hear about ur hubby i hope they find out soon..geez if thats how they rule out things then we could all become doctors if its that easy.

Wish i was there to give u big *hugz* and be there for support..please let us know how ur hubby gets along and i know its hard but try get some rest hun u poor thing u must be
    exhausted.

Sorry to hear about DH kim, hope he's ok love, keep us posted

Awww Kim. That's hard on you. Hoping for the best for him. Maybe Chelsea is trying to cheer you up. Thank goodness she's such a great bubs

Gigi - those cuddles are so cute aren't they...i love it when she hangs onto my tshirt and buries her head in my neck. priceless...

AJP - great to hear Sophie's put on so much weight. Is the Sustagen the same one you get at the supermarket? I've not heard this helping with breastfed babies... I'll get Ella weighed tomorrow and fingers crossed she's put on a bit more weight.

Vicky - Aston sounds like a great little sleeper. Clever boy. Ella is waking up more now but i hear this is not uncommon for babies at 4 months. She sleeps well during the day so i catch up on sleep when she snoozes in the morning.

On the teething issue - I can see these 2 prominent little ridges on her front bottom gum line. Cant tell if they are white or light pink but i can feel them when she gnaws my finger. She hates me checking them out but she's really frustrated and chews all her teething toys. Does anyone know if they sit under the gums like this for long? or do teeth suddenly appear?

Ann

DH is ok. He came out of hospital today. They done a lumbar puncture and the fluid was clear except they found a lot of protein.....they think he has an imflamation of the brain.....he is very sore (well his back is any how) cos they stuffed the puncture up and had to keep trying...4 lots of numbing stuff before a head dr finally got it right. So we still dont know what it is.. but its NOT meningitis or meningocaccal at least!!!

Chelsea is getting weighed and measured tomorrow..i cant wait to see hoe much she has grown and weighs!! Her cheeks are bright red atm and drolling heaps...i assume this is a sign of teething??

AJP-Love the avator hun!!

Hi everyone

Kim- Good to hear ur DH is out of hospital..yeah i think its a sign of teething Emelia has the same, red cheeks & drooling constantly

Ajp - Great to hear Sophie put on weight

Luua - Love ur Ella's blog she is so Gorjus my DP was having a look too he loved the way u did some of the videos!!! lol.....not sure about the teeth ive heard they can sit there for a while and then suddendly cut through one day im not sure!!

Well today Emelia had HN chekup she is 8.6kg :O i was so shocked,didnt expect that.. but she has grown from 58cms to 64cms & HC was 42cms the HN said nothing to worry about at this stage as she isnt over feeding or anything she only has 4 bottles a day at 200ml, and about 50 mls of water (cant exactly starve her!) she said when she starts solids she will loose weight and when shes crawling! met a few other bubs at mothers group the same age as her they were so tiny alot of them thought Emelia was older cos shes bigger and the way she presents herself!!! we did yoga today :/ interesting not for me though!

Hope everyone is well

WooHoo Blanche - emelia is a big girl! she is just adorable. I love checking out her lastest photos. she is so good on her tummy. i'm going to updates aston's today - got some great photos of him in the pool.

Kim - glad DH is ok, just what you need when you have a little one, pregnant and not feeling too crash hot yourself. You know what they say about men and being sick, its then end of the world, but I really glad he is ok. red cheeks are a definate teething sign, also icky poos...lol

Ann- wow with the little teeth bumps for ella - they can go up and down and up and down, then one day you'll look in her mouth and there they will be! I can't remember are u breast feeding? because that can be oh so fun! lol. they really start to CHOMP.

AJp - how did the PND group go? I think it was today. Hope it was successful, and that you feel that you can get something from it, even if it is only recognition of how you are feeling.

Gigi - i know what you mean about feeling a little sad when they go up in size in clothes. i felt that way when Aston went into the 00 - I have to go and get some 00 singlets, but it is so hot here at the moment I haven't been putting them on him, in fact he has spent most of his time of late when we are home, just in a nappy. so many clothes that he won't even have had a chance to wear! How are you doing darlin? I'm sure that what tiny bilby was doing was giving you lots of love, Aston has started giving big sloppy open mouthed kisses. the kids love it! lol. and also holding his arms up to me when he sees me or daddy.

HI Christy, hope you are doing ok, how is Jovie?

Belinda - is cooper all better?

Meredith, how are you doing hun?

Aston has slept thru 3 for 3 now! Yay!! and I am feeling about 300% better. amazing what a good nights sleep can do for a person. hope he keeps it up , i could really get used to this.

We got heaps of packing done yesterday, almost at that stage where we can't do anymore because we are using the stuff. was thinking about getting some disposable plates...lol. decided the best way to not get stressed about it all was to only pack when aston was asleep, and when he wakes I feed him and play with him, and then when he goes back to sleep, pack again. DH has done lots god love him, but I'm not going to get stressed about when Aston is awake, otherwise he will pick up on it, and then everything will be worse. Have had a couple of friends offer to help and have taken them up on it. actually haven't seen anyone here yet...lol. but it was nice that they offered. My best friend will help me unpack at the other end. more fun then. I like unpacking, just hate packing...lol.

take care all...

KIM i hope DH gets better soon, have you tried vegemite for m/s? i lived on the stuff!!

BLANCHIE go emilia!! she's a healthy girl alright!! like you said when she crawls she'll prolly lose some!!

VICKY i went to PND group yesterday , was alright though i'm not sure that the group thing is for me, so will try again next week and go from there, allthe others seemed to have had it bad with most hospitalised for it! i'm not that bad! so feel like i shouldnt be there. what i found very stressful was that they have childcare there in the room next door if we want to use it, i could hear Sophie crying so i had to go get her in the end couldnt bear to hear her like that. i find it very hard to share PND with others, i havent old anyone hubby is the only one who knows, so i find it hard to talk to people about especially in the group situation. i felt comfortable with my MCHN and she helped me out and i went to her for help to star with.

Hi everyone

Wow this place is busy! I have been MIA for a while now, just haven't been on the puter much but these last few days I have been back on BB. I feel like I have missed heaps!

Matilda is doing great. Not sure how much she weighs atm but is definitely over 6kgs. She is growing out of some 000 stuff. She sleeps through the night now, which is fantastic. She sleeps from about 7 to 5:30. I hate getting up at 5:30 but at least I get a full block of sleep! I have moved her from the bassinet (she got too big for it) to her cot now, in her own room. It feels weird having her sleep alone up the hallway from us, but on a practical level it is better.

Well I would do personals but there is just too much to catch up on, so my apologies.

Hi AJP

Good on you for going to the group darlin, that in itself is huge, and good on you for giving it another go next week. I went to a mother/baby group on monday - can't remember if I have already told you this my head is a bit vague, and I'm too lazy to look back lol 0

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!!

WB Bon... good luck catching up.....i cant even keep up any more!!

Chelsea had a check up today... she is now 6kg (put on just under 1kg in 5 weeks) and 61cm (grwon 5cm in 5 weeks) and happy news: SHE IS NOW ON OR ABOVE AVERAGE IN EVERYTHING at last!!!

Off to my parents this weekend....dh was comging..but he is now just flying Chels and me up so he can recover more. Friday i have a family friends funeral and saturday im going for my facial and then out to lunch with all my gf's who i have not seen since July last year...they are all meeting Chels for the first time!

far out, press send before I meant too!

anyway, I will go again next week and see how I feel after that. I wanted to go to meet some mums with babies simialr age as Aston. going one time only is too early to make an assessment I think. there were some pretty strong personalities there - one was a teacher, and is doing everything 'by the book' and had lots and lots to say - so much so that it was hard for anyone else to have a go! I'll see how it goes next week.

Hey Bon - good to see you hun - been wondering how you are. hope you and yours are well and doing great. look forward to catching up with you.

Ann - You baby blog is great

pressed enter too quick again!

your photos are amazing. someone in your house is a very good photographer! and very witty....lol
    Last edited by Lea13; March 7th, 2007 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Double Post

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast