Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #7

HI Ladies, have been away for the weekend. Had a great time at the wedding!

My friend looked gorjus

Tara- No im no BF but it can be done

I was just wondering kim if perhaps your hormones being pg may have been affecting chelsea but obviously not!

have you guys watched the homebirth triplets video? just watched it and am still reeling...need to go cuddle and evie

i did the same as you tara needed to cuddle Sophie and smother her with kisses.

Hmmm. not sure what you AJP and Taralee are talking about...

I saw part of each hour of then night last night. What a shocker! Either the food didn't agree with him, or that sharp edge I can feel on his gum is a tooth...who knows....

completely shattered today...think I will hold off on more food til I know what is going on with Aston....dont think I could do another night last night again...

Vicky- http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=35741 (thats what they are talking about). I also cried and held Chels!!

Glad you had fun at the wedding Kim,

because I have dial up I cant get the triplets birth...oh well, i'll just have to take your word for it.

Aston slept much better last night, so I will put down his sleepless night the previous night to the food experience. will hold off offering it again, no matter HOW much HE wants it...

so I feel alot better this morning, having slept better. was able to even walk the kids and the dog down to the bus stop! yesterday I had trouble finding my way around the kitchen!!

Aston is asleep at the moment, so I am supposed to be doing some banking...but thought I would see how you all are...but its very quiet...busy with growing babies as we all are...

have a good day

Hi gals

Busy weekend and my sister is here so i've not had a chance to catch up.

Kim - Glad you enjoyed the wedding. Good to surface once in a while and feel human again.

Vicky - could be teething as Ella was doing the same thing (and i felt a sharp edge just under her gums too) Now they've popped out she shows them off by grinning to people. Clever girl - she knows how to get cuddles!

Ann

having such a blech day today. dh and i cant seem to work out this whole 'me returning to work thing'. i know i need to go back to work but i just cant put evie in child care even though i work in childcare myself, i dont want my baby there. maybe if i was in the centre with her. i just dont know what to do. i feel so stuck. evie isnt even on a waiting list anywhere so even if i did decide to bite the bullet and go back to work i cant leave evie!
    dh thinks i am just being difficult and dont want to try to make it work but i think i'm being realistic. if i could work from home i gladly would but i cant see that as an option.

I love being back at work. Chels was going to my friends, but have now just got her into FDC, she starts Monday. Lovely lady is her carer and im very confident in leaveing her there.

Thats good Kim, i'm glad you found someone you're happy with...i hope you didnt think i was having a go at anyone for putting their baby in daycare...i didnt mean to

No of course not Tara.....its up to the individual what they do with their kids. This was my last option...before not going to work any more.

absolutely. and i'm not saying i dont want to work or that i'm lazy or anything, i, personally, would prefer to look after evie all day rather than someone else - which may sound obvious but i just feel so strongly about it that i'm making things really hard for myself i guess i'll have to make a compromise....or sell the house

It was so hard to leave Chels but now im ok, and she liked it. I just hope she likes FDC as much cos the lady is a total stranger to me and her. Plus we needed extra money and i wanted some time alone away for bub...as mean as that sounds

no i dont think that sounds mean...i just dont want to admit that i need time away too. anytime i'm given the opportunity to some time by myself i'm always popping my head back in to see what she's up to and i'd hate to be away from her all day. when i went on mat leave in october we estimated that i'd be able to have until the end of feb off and ive had a lot longer so i should be grateful for that. i think also, that i kinda cant give up the whole baby thing. i always think about her birth and remember what a special time that was that i feel like going back to work will be really cementing it that she's getting bigger and that whole initial feeling is over. i know that everyday is still special but i guess i kinda 'grieve' over those first days. does that make sense to anyone else, or am i just a nut job

tara your not a nut at all!!! i grieve those first days, my DH greives even more!!!!!!! i guess cos i;m home and he has to go to work and misses seeing her!!

Its not easy letting go, i always fear ill miss all of Chels's 'firsts' cos she is in care.....but i have her for life and im sure there will be plenty of them. I never went on mat leave, just left work completely....never had a plan of going back for some time, but then DH work offered me some paid work and i took it up.... it dont mean i go every week tho... just when i can be bothered or if im feeling well enuf!

Ann - Thanks for letting me know that is what ella was doing to before the teeth finally popped through. He is funny - will grizzle then can be distracted for a while, and then after a hour or so of distracting just looses the plot, like "I have enough now of my mouth hurting" kind of thing. I have given him panadol a couple of times, especially when he has been fussing about at the breast, then 20mins later he is my aston again..so it has to be that. Its quite difficult to go back to having to guess what is going on, when you have two big kids that can actually tell you. Add to that everyone assuming that because I'm the mummy, and that I have already had two, that I automatically KNOW what is wrong with him. DH especially is guilty of this one. If he asks me one more time what is wrong with him I may just thump him....

Taralee - I remember how I felt after having Laura and returning to work. I did it for 7months, I got a promotionwhile I was on mat leave, and had to know whether it was what I wanted, or whether I wanted to be home with Laura. I hated it back at work, and left work just as she turned 1. Its hard place to be in. See if you can involved with an already established home based business - or maybe family day care might be an option for you to start yourself?

Hope everyone else is doing ok. I'm tired and cranky, and feeling too old to do this....

i did look into family day care but it's not much of an option-financially. i'd have to have 4 kids every day for at least 10 hours and we'd have to make modifications to the house so it would be costly to start and i wouldnt really make that money back, if that makes sense. I think im just going to do relief work at centres and see how that goes.

Evies now just 5 months, do you guys think thats too early for self-settling? she used to go off to sleep on her own after talking to herself but today she has worked out that if she spits her dummy out and cries that i'll come back in. sleeps during the day arent too bad but that bad time around 4 is a nightmare! it takes an hour to get her to sleep and i only want her to have a short nap before bathtime and stuff. at 4:30 it's too early to go to bed but she really needs a nap so i dont know what i should do. HELP
    i sat with her this afternoon and she got really drowsy so i left the room but stood where i could still see her but she couldnt see me. as soon as i left she cried and then when i went back to her she started laughing and smiling! she's so cute but so naughty!!!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast