Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #8

great...what poas!!! why dont i know any of these abbrevs?!
    wtfieta? ihniwgo!!!!

Pee On A Stick- preggy test

LOL Tara....

I'm not sure about the hospital sorry!! One thing is you can hire a doula or a private midwife if you like. I had a doula who happened to be a midwife with me. It was fantastic. I went public and when you go public at my hospital it is a team of midwives & you see an OB once or twice during your pregnancy and maybe to stitch you up or something but they are definately not the ones involved with your pregnancy or birth. Because I was trying for a VBAC I decided I needed more support and got a birth support person to help us during labour & meet with us before to help make decisions etc... it was fantastic.

we just tried evie on farex..mmm. she loved it and when we gave her the spoon she stuck it straight in her mouth and continued to feed herself, i dont want to jump the gun here but child prodigy comes to mind.
    KIDDING!

LOL Tara and POAS!!! well when ya ready lol

Aww cute Emelia did that too! she tried the farex banana custard this morning wasnt to keen on it!!

Am i the only one not feeding my child solids???????????????

KIM sophie hasnt started yet!!!! wont be until saturday

I tried holding off but when Emelia started waking through the night and not wanting a bottle i started solids and now she sleeps through again yay!!

How r the headaches going ? ?

Thats right i remember u saying that Sophie wasnt on solids yet AJP! I was beginning to think i must have been the slack mother again!

Chels sleeps thru without solids now

Headaches are coming and going, but a relief now i have panadeine forte!!! Just gotta work on the tummy pains and get rid of the m/s!!

pretty sure Jovie hasnt started yet either

I tried apples. Chels opens her mouth *sometimes* and when its in there she has no idea what to do and pushes it all back with her tongue and it goes everywhere....and besides she vomitted it back up again 10 mins later. Have only tried twice

Yep Jovie isn't on solids yet either. I made a homemade rusk for her the other day & offered it to her but she just kept hitting herself on the head LOL... I bought some rice cereal the other day and I am steaming some vege's up tomorrow to freeze for convenience.

i hadnt planned on doing solids for another month but the nurse suggested we give it a whirl since evie still has a bit of trouble with reflux, she thought having something a bit thicker in her tummy might help.
    NEW DILEMMA: evie was doing really well at putting herself to sleep during the day and for a few months has done it at night (just cos its dark). but the last few days she cries as soon as i leave the room and has obviously worked out that if she cries, i come back. the thing is that i end up having to cuddle her to sleep or at night i end up feeding her to sleep. i just dont want to get in that habit because she was doing so well on her own. tonight for example, i made sure she wasnt overtired and gave her a feed just before i put her down but as soon as she's in her cot she starts crying and it's that cry that makes you feel like somethings wrong. i dont want to do control crying and i want her to go to sleep happy, so do you think this is just a phase? what does wonder weeks say?

sorry tara i cnat help you!! christy has the wonder weeks book so hopefully she will be able to help, mmmm perhaps try and sooth her with out picking her up? either stroke her head or sshhhh to her til she stops crying then leave the room. repeat if necessary
    YOUR terrible tara!! all that talk last night about wanting a beer, made me want one!!! so i had one!! and really enjoyed it!!!! then sophie woke!! but resettled with out me going in phew!!!!
    CHRISTY i have a recipe for homemade rusks but it says for 10 months + would they still be ok?

Kim - no your not the only one, Aston is on solids yet either. We tried one teaspoon of Farex, which he ate like there was no tomorrow, but paid for it allllll night. so while he is ready physiologically, he isnt physically I don't think. so I will wait....the thought of having another rough night like that one is enough to put me off until he reaches 6 mths!

Tara - I would do what AJP suggested too, and only pick up for a cuddle if after several times of doing the other doesn't work. but instead of cuddling her to sleep, once she has settled, after a few minutes, put her down...btw, have your brought a pregnancy test yet

AJP - I could have done with something a whole lot stronger then beer tonight! I think my anxiety is starting to peak as the days get closer to the FIL arriving. its stupid I know, but I can't help it. Hangover from my previous relationship, and his parents. so I just have to keep reminding myself that this is different!

Christy - lol at jovie hitting herself in the head with her rusk, had a great visual of that.

Kim - do you think that your headaches are from all the stress you are under, or hormonal, or both? I got a lot of hormonal headaches with all my pregancies. they were horrid

Hi Belinda - you have been a busy girl haven't you? How is your baby boy going? its hard to believe that he is 6mths old!! too quick isn't it!

Hi meredith. welcome back darlin. good on you for jumping at the chance to go to sleep place. and like christy said, if all you gained is confidence in you - then that is worth more then money! Nat was a shocking sleeper til about 11mths, then it all changed, and now he sleeps like a brick! nothing wakes him. go figure.

well, the bread just beeped which means its ready, which means I can go to bed!! night all

AJP I didn't know that about rusks and the 10months... hmmm.... I use our homemade bread and just roll it up while its still fresh so its quite doughy & sticks together. I cut off the crusts first. Then I pop it in the microwave for a minute & let it cool. They turn out really hard & as the baby chews it it crumbles & softens. When Matilda was 9months old I used to make them & put a smear of vegemite over them too. I just thought of making them the other day when Jovie was grabbing for all my food & I thought ah well... almost time. I know she's not sensitive to wheat because I can eat it. If she was the way she is with milk I would know about it already . But there may be another reason to hold her off... I will wait now.

i also just realised that evie has been particularly reflux-y this last week which is probably why going to sleep isnt such a joy. we;ve had 4 changes of clothes in an hour - both of us! i think i may adopt a nudist lifestyle.
    hear about that poor woman assaulted in a shopping centre? it was a teenager! not too late for a whoopin' if you ask me! shame on him

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast