Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #13

Kell Guest

Linda - i hope you can sort out Emma's sleep issues, there is nothing worse than sleep deprivation *hugs*

Nikki - it is amazing how a little time and praise works wonders, today i put Molly 'first' in terms of i would let Will grizzle a bit if i was busy with Molly and i just focused on her a bit more and she has been delightful all day

Mum has just arrived to take Molly while i tutor, so will check back later

Linda - we're going through the same thing with Dylan, except his time to be awake is 3am-6am. It's awful as dh is on nights and gets home at 2am, so he's just getting to sleep when Dylan starts up, so I rwally have to just sit in Dylan's room keeping him quiet so dh can get some sleep. I've been going to bed at 9.30 so I know I'll get in a few good hours before having to get up again.

I took Dylan to his first Kindermusik class today and he loved it! Laughed and danced the whole time. We're going to start Kindergym next term too. He gets so bored at home and that adds to his sleep problems - if he's out and busy through the day he sleeps better at night.

Woops - just woke from his nap, gotta go!

Tracey, I am glad Jordan is ok!
    Nikki,I am so glad C's letting you get more rest, It's soooo hard to look after the littlies when you are dog tired. I know I have lost patience at times. I am glad things are settling down and the hard part is over (for the most part).
    Linda, I hope Emma starts sleeping better for you too. I too did CC and trust me...I am the biggest sucker when it comes to my kids crying. I just CANNOT ignore them crying, but I knew I had to to train them and it worked. I agree with Nikki, if you decide to do it, Tresillian is the best place to go to. I had a friend who used it and they were fantastic. Don't let anyone pressure you, do what you feel is best. Even if it means getting a close friend or family member to babysit one night and help with the CC (my mum did it for my sisters kids. She took care of them for the night and checked them etc, but did not pick them up again. It makes a difference as if their mum goes in, they think they have won...anyway I'll shut up now)
    Kell, I so know what you mean. I try to give Kat all my attention for the periods when Jess is down for her naps. I play with them both when they are both awake, but I feel terrible that I have to yell at Kat for hurting jess. SHe doesn't fully understand what she is doing is wrong, but the other day, she Bit jess' fingers and she KNOWS you don't bite so my god did I tell her off! We can only do our best and I am sure Will and Molly know you love them!
    Dee, Yay on the flowers, I hear u on feeling bad tho *L* *hugs*
    Cindy, Happy birthday (sorry it's late) and I am glad you had a good trip!

well, I give Jess 3 bottles a day, sometimes four (but two of them are smaller ones). I make up 700ml per night and usually end up throwing out 50mls or maybe less. She has 200 morning, 200 afternoon and 250+ at bedtime. She also has two solid meals and snacks on vegemite sandwiches and bickies at times.... She LOVES her food!!! She's cruising well now. When I go in to wake get her up of a morning, she's standing in her cot with a BIG grin on her face and calling out mum mum mum. She stands at the baby gate blocking off the kitchen and does the same thing. She thinks she is SOOO clever! Little Tike. Kat told me to shut up last night....OOoh. Was not impressed. John HAS to stop saying that to her when she's noisy *L*. Having said that she's at the sponge age and is repeating a LOT of what we say to her now...*L*

guess what.....
    we got a call last night from tinlids modeling agency and chantelle has a photo shoot today for the target catalouge.woohoo!!!
    but you wouldnt beleive it,she has woken up with a scratch and rash on her chin....
    will dab it with a bit of light foundation i think.they might take one look and say no good!!!!oh well we will see what happens,it is in the city but,and i have an u/s this morning,she will probably be a tired little mess by then...will let youknow how it goes and how the u/sound goes too.
    nikki

Nikki- fantastic on getting catalogue work for C! Maybe I should take tori to tinlids too? We get nothing from bloody bettina, i think we may have been taken for a ride there!

Nothing to report today still struggling to get food in tori but she seems to be putting on weight at the moment so hopefully we will be all good at the next weigh in.

got to go, she just fell and hit her head big time, time for ice on this one

just had my u.s.
    we are having a baby boy!
    grant and the boys have already decided they want to call him harry!!!!
    short for harrison,oh well i have been out voted on that one.they have nick named him H!my dates are a bit different,i am actually 15.1 weeks so due on the 25th of january,i am guessing they will do the ceasar about 1 week earlier so about the 18th of january.he is growing nicely and there are no problems.
    c is sleeping now,when she wakes i will give her lunch and then off to her photo shoot.
    nikki

Hi!

Nikki - Congratulations! How exciting!!!! I'm so happy for you all. It must have been so nice to see him on the u/s. I bet the boys are sooo excited!
    Good luck at the photo shoot!

I'll catch up with everyone later....

That's great Nikki! How exciting!!!

We're having a terrible time ATM, I'm assuming it's teeth coming through, but can't be sure. I have been reading, just not posting...

Congrats Nikki - Another boy, I love the name Harrison too! Poor Chantelle and you in a house of boys though!!

Speak later

Yay Nikki! I alos love the name! It was on my list but dh didn't like it... how did the photo shoot go? You'll have to let us know if she gets in a catalogue.

Linda- I totally sympathise! Dylan's been giving us awful nights too. As soon as dh finishes this stint of night shifts we're going to try cc. We'll have to do it at home though as the only centre here is public run and almost impossible to get into unless you've got a newborn. There's only 2 spots at a time for older babies so they only take the worst of them, and while we think we've got it tough Dylan's an angel compared to some!!

I'm getting another cold too which sucks. My 3rd this winter! I've never had more than one before so I guess I must be rundown.

YEAH on the news about little Harrison (can we call him that yet?) and Chantelles modelling job. I hope it went well.
    Donella bugger about the cold, hope you get over it quickly.
    Cindy Tori looks like she is developing great so I wouldnt over worry if she is a little off her food.
    Hope everyone has a good night tonight.

Tomorrow is my 1st saturday at work and DH moring alone with Jordan (no sleep in for him anymore) Hope it doesnt drag too much

Speak tomorrow

Hi!

We're sick here! I nearly threw up this morning and felt really sick and I've had tummy cramps all day (bfn yesterday so no.....hehe) and then dh has been throwing up tonight. I thought I had food poisoning but dh didn't eat what I did (pasta salad from safeway) so I think he may have a bug...Louis seems fine though which is good.

Anyway, He's standing up on his own heaps now which is cute. It doesn't seem to bother him much to fall on his bottom so thats good. Lucky they've got nappies! Our little bubbas are growing up sooo much. He also said dada today and his version of things such as dog and also says mooo for a cow. Lots of little things that are really cute. No "mum" though....I'm very upset hehe.
    I also gave him scrambled eggs for dinner tonight! No reactions and all was good. Such an easy dinner to give him as well and he loved them!

Melissa - what a bugger you got sick before af arrived. Maybe thats what will happen with me? Although if I have to go through this everytime I'll be very unhappy.....

Tracey - So glad to hear Jordans all good with his eyes! Louis only had about 30-40ml of formula so we're going to try again this week and otherwise we'll just give him a bit of cows milk. It's only 1 night and I know he's ok with cows milk because he has a bowl full with his brekky. Louis would happily go without his milk drinks as long as he has a full belly. I'm surprised when you hear of 2yo still having bottles of milk... I don't think Louis will be like that at all. I think he'll have it in his cereal and have a drink of it but then will fill up on cheese and yoghurt also. I'm not sure what they're meant to have though....Sometimes I nearly forget to give him his lunchtime b/feed....whoops. Hope your day at work went fast!

Donella - sorry to hear your having problems with Dylans sleep. I hope he settles for you soon. Kindermusic sounds great! I agree - when they are busy they do seem to sleep a lot better. Sorry to hear your getting sick again - rest up!

Cindy - Poor Tori - Louis falls now sometimes and just lies there and grunts like he's annoyed. It's so funny! He went to stand up on my laundry basket yesterday and the handle snapped and it scratched his chin the poor little monster. It was only little but I had to get a tissue cos there was a bit of blood. It's the first time he's scratched and he only cried for second. I was very surprised.

LInda - Hope your managing ok with Emmas sleep....or at least I hope you can get a nap in at some stage...

Hope you all enjoy your sundays!

Well another weekend over
    Idol was hilarious tonight, I love the funny auditions.
    Nothing much new to report. Jordan has his 1st saturday morning with daddy and they went off to the market whilst I went off to work. It went pretty quickly so that was good. We went to our friends babies 1st bday party which was great fun. Jordan has a ball playing with the other kids and all their toys.
    Kristie sorry to hear that you ahd DH are sick. I hope Louis is ok and that you all get better soon
    It has been a very quiet weekend in here so I hope everyone is well.

NIGHT NIGHT, SLEEP TIGHT

Sorry I havent been around much. Sleep is still lousy here. We have a 6 hour drive tomorrow to go to a funeral. DH's uncle passed away last week.

Sorry no personals, will catch up when we get back.

Kristie - It's been the last 3 cycles that I've been sick 3 days prior to AF arriving. My friend said it's due to hormone changes in the body. Not sure really, but it always makes me stop and think..am I??? I won't be too impressed if it keeps up like this either, I can't afford to be sick at work...

I had this strange thing happen to me Friday night at work, I was feeling very ill again but I did not know why. Anyhow, I got a call from mum Saturday morning, telling me they were flying my sister in from St George to Toowoomba base hospital. She had a grapefruit sized mass in her stomach as well as being p/g about 4 - 6 weeks. Her bladder had been pushed over to her left hip and her ovaries were squished up onto her right hip and her uterus was being squashed down. She had the calcified mass removed yesterday from her bowel, and as far as we know, she is no longer p/g due to everything being squished. The gyno's told her she would have miscarried anyway, because the foetus was in too much distress. Sometimes life's little miracles happen, but we are waiting to hear what the doctors say, to hear the final report...

Melissa

Hi!

Louis woke up for a feed at 3am this morning! Very odd. I"m wondering whether him missing that Thurs pm feed has stopped me producing enough milk? I think I will definately have to try and express this week just to see. He was such a grumpy boy over the weekend but I'm thinking it was probably because he was bored and dh and I weren't very much fun! He seems a bit happier today. I think I'll take him to the park this afternoon to tire him out!

Tracey - I agree - Idol was so funny! I love the auditions as well. Tonight looks like it should be just as good. Damn channel 10 and their reality shows I get sucked in to!!hehehe. (I had to flick to watch Nick Lachey on Channel 7 though...I'm so sad...hehe)

Linda - So sorry to hear about your dh's uncle and your lack of sleep. What a big drive! I hope Emma is good for you....

Melissa - Your poor sister! What a terrible thing to happen. At least they've been able to remove it which is a good thing. I'm crossing fingers that she has a little miracle in her belly! Let us know how she goes.....

well not much to report here!
    Melissa I'm so sorry to hear of your sisters problems, it sounds like it was a good thing that they got to it when they did though!

Kristie - good to hear your feeling better

Nikki - did you ever say how chantelle went at the photo shoot? Was it for target? We got a letter today about a job for tori but there is no date on it so i will have to wait for that to come through in the next week or so.

Sorry not more personals - really tired and going to try to get a nap while tori is down

Time for a new thread found HERE.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678