Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #14

Hi!

Not much news here! Louis had a shocker last night and woke every 45-90min until midnight. I ended up giving him some panadol as he seemed really unsettled and then he slept through to 7.30am...
    I bought Louis his b'day invitations today - bananas in pyjamas!! So cute. He tries to say banana now and he can say "Ted" for the teddies. He's saying so many words!! He likes bob the builder as well and can say bob now but when I held them both up he liked bananas better - hehehehe.

Linda - Yeah on such a great night! These little cheekies always surprise us hey? Have fun up at Coffs harbour! Never mind about charging for travel - at least you'll add it on next time!!!

Melissa - Thats good you've got something to keep you busy already!

Hi to everyone else! I hope you all have a great weekend!!

Wow - quiet in here. Everyone must be having busy weekends!

Kristie - I hope Louis slept better for you last night. I remember vividly how exhausting 1st trimester is, so it must be so extra hard with sleepness nights. That's great he has so many words. Dylan just has dada, mama and jojo (our dog) He has different vocal sounds for different things though. Like one very excited howl he does when chasing the cat... Oh, and bobo seems to mean hungry. I'm going to try really hard to do baby signing with him too - I bought a kits months ago but haven't really done it consistenltly yet.

Did anyone see the segment on baby signing on 9am (ch 10) Friday morning? It was really interesting.

Hope all you preggies aren't suffering from too much ms!

Dylan's just dissapeared round the corner so I'd better go see what he's up to. Don't trust him when he's quiet!

Nikki- Thats so sad about your friend, I hate hearing of any loss but so late in the picture would be even harder as everyone would know you were pregnant etc.

Melissa - Meat packing doesnt sound like fun at all, no wonder you got out of there! Congrats on getting the pamphlet work back though, can you actually make any money from that? I have thought about doing it many times

Well, my girl slept from 9pm to 5am last night, its our record so far and she has put herself to sleep twice today, she wasnt happy about it but it happened! Its good being back at mums and having people to look after her for 10 mins while I have a shower etc!

Better get going, we are going out tonight and I havnt even started getting ready!

Have great weekends all!

Hi!

Donella - The baby signing sounds interesting...I don't think I'd be consistent enough with it either! I totally agree with you that you can't trust them when their quiet!!! Louis is always up to mischief when he's quiet!!! It's always a sign to go and look for him! hehehe

Cindy - Yeah on the great sleep Cindy!!! I feel guilty complaining about Louis sleep when you have such a hard time of it! How's she going with her eating? How have you been feeling?

I've had a busy day with dropping in at work then food shopping and then I had a friends "chefs toolbox" party. Have any of you been to one? They had some great stuff and I ended up buying a knife. Its quite expensive but looks like good stuff. I got sucked in and signed up for a party as well now! hehe. Louis was there with me and did so well considering I couldn't just let him roam around.

Have a good weekend!

Nikki sorry to hear baout your friend, that is awful. Hope she and her partner are ok.
    Kristie i too get suckered into booking parties, I am having a tuppaware and body shop party in the next month!!!!! i am really bad Hope Louis sleeps better tonight for you.
    Linda YEAH on the great sleep I bet you felt great when you woke up and realised the time.
    Cindy Way to go on Toris good sleeps aswell. What a clever little chicken putitng herself to sleep.
    Donella sounds as though Dylan is on the move well. hope he didnt get into too much mischeif while you were posting

Well last night I went out to dinner with my old school group. I havent seen them in 9 years, they found me off school friends.com. It was a really good night and I am glad they are all doing well. I might even keep in touch this time. I was so bad when I left school I didnt keep in contact after a few months and went my own way. I guess it happens

Trying to get Jordan to sleep at the moment but he is fighting it better go tend to him i guess. We have a 1st bday this afternoon so I want to sleep this morning for atleast an hour.

Ciao

Cindy - It all depends on what pamphlet company you work for, some pay more than others. I know that at Christmas time last year the main company I worked for, that pays top dollar here in Toowoomba, had us delivering 17 pamphlets in one hit. It took a lot of time to fold, put together and to deliver them, not to mention the letterboxes we delivered were looking rather overloaded after we delivered to them. One of the companie's areas got to deliver 25 in one hit :eek: With 2 areas we'd bring home between $80 - $150 per a standard week.

Tracey - I have my school reunion this year late in October. Don't know if I want to go and see the drop kicks I was so happy to get away from. Most of my mates were 2 years below me.

Melissa

Hi!

I had a great day yesterday! My dad called early and we organised to go to the football with my brother, sister and nephew. We went and saw carlton vs coll and I'm the only carlton supporter out of the group. Dh looked after Louis all day and it was just a nice break. I missed him sooo much though! I was sooo tired by the end of the day - I was in bed by 10.30pm and Louis slept in til 8am!! Woo hoo.

My poor little monster has the worst nappy rush. He's had lots of poos lately and he's just so red. He didn't even want to sit down in the bath....I've put lots of nappy cream on and baby powder so hopefully it will calm it all down...It just hurts him so much though.

Tracey - Sounds like you had a great time at your dinner! Thats so good! I was a bit of a shocker when I left school as well....Hope Jordan had a sleep for you!

Melissa - Thats ok money! Is that just one walk around to deliver?? How long would that take you??
    I think it would be great to go to a school reunion! I'd show off piccies of my little monster!

Have a great day- I'm off this afternoon for my scan so will find out when the next bubba is due! Hopefully everything is all good....

Ooh Kristie - sounds like teeth to me!

No sign of any toothie pegs yet Linda! No redness or anything....Could it just mean that they're on the there way maybe?? I never thought of teeth...

Kell Guest

Morning! Hope you all had a nice weekend. We had an ok time on the coast, we actually got to see a film in the cinema!! It was lovely, then we went out for dinner in a little Italian restaurant on terrigal beach which was nice. The Il's were ok, I guess I have learnt to live with them LOL. Will screamed the first day we were there :eek: he didnt like MIL and he hadnt slept so was cranky but once he slept the first night he was just delightful the rest of the weekend. He has started saying 'yay' whenever he does something clever, he copied it off us so now when he does new things he claps and says 'Yay' with a big smile, very cute!

kristie - the rash sounds like teething rash, we find that the regular nappy creams dont work for Will when he has that so we use daktozin (chemist only) and it works brilliantly. Sounds like a nice day yesterday...

Melissa - My reunion is next year, one of my friends and I are organising it it should be fun. If you didnt like your year at school though, maybe you should skip it - no point catching up with people you dont get on with. you should go to the reunion of the year with your friends and Im sure you will have much more fun!

Dee - the baby signing sounds like a great idea, but I probably wouldnt stick with it either

Cindy - thats great Toris sleeping so well for you...

Nikki - sorry to hear about your friends sad news...

Have a great day everyone!

Hi girls, Sorry I've been AWOL for a while. We've had a hectic few weeks. We had a holiday to Tasmania and moved house either side of the holiday. It took ages for broadband to be connected to our new house and it has been tooo slow using dial-up to be on the forum long enough to read all your posts. Am now about to catch up on them.

K

Kristy - Where did you move to? Or should I say, how far away do you live from your old place? Nice to hear from you again

Kristie - We only deliver areas that have under 300 letterboxes in them. I used to do an area of 130 letterboxes, that was full of steep hills, bends and culdersacs and because of it's locations it attracted a higher pay rate. I do all my deliveries on foot, bar the bits I can drop and drive because the houses are further apart. It may take as little as 30 mins to fold an area or up to 2 hours depending on how many leaflets there are. Our areas can take as little as 45mins to deliver or up to 2hrs depending again on the number of leaflets.

Kell - There are a couple of people I want to see again, I'd go just for them. But that's if they are going.

Melissa

Kirsty - it's great to hear from you! I hope you are settling into your new house well! How is Gus?

Kristie - I just know that Emma got a really severe nappy rash & I was panicking about what on earth could have caused it. I just couldn't figure out why it was so bad....next day - teeth!!

Hi!

Linda - I hope it is teeth! It's about time! He is really grizzly today as well (although I would be too with a sore bottom!hehe)

Kell - Thats great that you got to go to the movies!! Will sounds so cute! I think I'll head to the chemist this afternoon as he needs something....

Kirsty - Good to hear from you! OOh a holiday sounds nice! Sounds like you've been very busy with moving as well!

Melissa - sounds good - I suppose it would be a bit hard in winter though!

Off for my scan when dh gets home....so excited!!!!

howdy all.
    back from sydney,had a great time and took a drive out to the south coast,cant bloody remember the name of the beach now though. .i am sooo glad to be home to all of our own comforts though,a trip away is very good for you when you have had enough of the same boring routine every day.
    kristie,c had the same nasty rash and bad poos too and then within a week i noticed her first tooth.it actually broke through the gum over the weekend,i can see the next one is not far away also,good luck with the scan,cant wait to hear how it all goes.
    we had our first swimming lessons this morning and she absolutly loved it.she just squeeled with delight the whole time.i am so pleased that she will be able to enjoy it for the rest of the term.ok must go.
    nikki

Kristie - same with Dylan -nappy rash so bad it bled, then 2 bottom teeth 3 days later. I was told it's because of the excess saliva produced when teething and they swallow it, so when it comes it they get a rash...

Hi!

I had my scan and I'm due 20th April which makes me 6w3d p/g!! It was great to see our little bean. I was a bit disappointed with u/s lady - no photos, no video and she was a misery guts that took all the fun and excitement out of it. She didn't even zoom in so we could see it properly. Just took a couple of measurements to give us the dates....grrr. I won't go back to that u/s place. The one I went to with Louis was soooo much better. Anyway...

Ooh I hope all of you are right with the toothie pegs - at least it gives me a reason for his nappy rash rather than something he's eating etc. I've been putting so much cream on so hopefully it settle soon. Poor little muchkin.

Nikki - Glad you had a great time away! It is always great to get home I agree. Chantelle sounds gorgeous in her swimming lesson!!!

Thanks Donella - hopefully some teeth pop through soon!

Kristie - How dissapionting that the lady was such a bore. It's such fun if the operator shares your excitement!

I have a cream that is absolutely brilliant for nappy rash, but I'm not sure if you can get it in Vic. It's made by the Womens and Childrens Hospital in Adelaide and it's a cod-liver oil based cream so it stinks. But it is the only thing that worked and it cleared it up immediately! Really - it was red, bleeding and pimply, I applied the cream and on next nappy change his skin was clear and white again. It was amazing. Might be worth trying the Royal Childrens there as I know they make their own eczema cream...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast