Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #17

kristie,im glad that louise is ok,very scary isnt it.i have had to do several trips to the hospital over the years for different things.would have been very scary to be on your own though.
    melissa,chantelle has a nice small class too.about 4 on average.
    chantelles party went very well.it was rather chilly at the park though but a good turn out and lots to eat.thankyou so much for coming tracey,i wish i could have had more time to spend with you,its tricky when you are the host.alot of people commented on what a spunk jordan is!!!!!!and i had to totally agree.thankyou soooo much for the beautiful plate.you are so talented.my 2 neices said they thought that was the best present that chantelle recieved.
    we didnt get home till 9 pm last night as we went back to brothers house for drinks etc.
    my 2 nephews went for a walk to the milk bar yesterday.they are both 13.one of the boys was riding his bike and the other was walking,whilke the one riding his bike was in the shop a group of two boys aproached my other nephew who was still walikng about 100 meteres behind and punched him in the back of the head and then in his eye and robbed him of 15 dollars.we were absolutly devastated that this could happen.they are both still kids and very frightened,needless to say we jumped in the car and drove around for 30 minutes trying to find these two fereal people that did this but no luck in finding them.the police came and took a statement but both the boys are traumatised.my son who is 11 was going with them and decided that it was tooo cold and stopped at the end of the street and came back home,i think i woulkd have murdered those people if they had touched my son.
    chantelle is sleeping really well,i can confidantly say that i have brocken her bad sleeping habits,she has not had an overnight feed for nearly 2 weeks now.wooohooo!!!!
    nikki

cindy glad the party went well,i hope that tori had a great time.
    nikki

Hi!

Well, last night was a lot better. We had the vaporiser going on high and gave him his medicine and he only woke up once! I'm tempted to not give him the medicine tonight and just have the vaporiser on. I hate having to give him yucky medicine. I can't believe with him being so sick he's decided to walk a whole lot more! Cheeky boy!
    Dh got home and although I thought it would be a big relief he's just been tired and hungover and after saying I could have a sleep in this morning he's changed his mind and I'm up with Louis again. He's got the day off work today and I thought that would be a perfect opportunity for me to get some time out but he's decided to be an a*!#)le instead! Can you tell I'm just a little annoyed? It's so frustrating - sometimes he's sooo good with helping and everything and other times he's just a selfish pig. I think it's just because he's had a weekend away from responsibility and chosen to get ridiciulously drunk each night...I don't have those choices!! hehe. Anyway - sorry to vent - I think it's just been a stressful,tiring weekend.

Cindy - So glad Tori's party went well. Sounds like you all had a great time!

Nikki - Chantelle's party sounds great as well!! What a big day for you all! I can't believe what happened to your nephews! Thats horrible! Poor little buggars! I don't blame you for trying to find the little rats. So lucky your boy didn't go with them!
    Yeah for Chantelle sleeping so well! At least it will make it easier when your new bubba arrives!

K - better get going! Louis was booked in for his immunisations today but I don't think he'll be able to have it, but the nurse at the hospital suggested I take him anyway just to get looked over again to make sure he was all good.

Nikki - I would have been after the thugs too! Pity you didn't catch up with them, but unfortunately with the way the laws are now, it prevents you putting your hands on them, even after what they have done. Did anyone else see it happen? The only thing is, people don't like to get involved now with those sort of incidences. What's the world coming to when you can't feel safe walking down the street...I hope your nephew is on the mend?

Melissa

OMG! Louis has finally got a tooth!!!! Yeah!!! It's heaps through as well so it probably came through in the last couple of days but I just didn't notice. No redness or anything! I wonder if thats why he's been a bit clingy as well as being sick.
    I'm so excited!!!

Yeah Kristie on the tooth, its great he didnt fuss when it was cutting thru. Good to see that he is on the mend. Dont worry about venting. sometimes I think I do everything around here and DH acts like I am asking the world if I ask him to feed Jordan. Oh well.

Nikki Glad you liked the plate. I thought it was a god keepsake for her 1st birthday. I cant beleive kids are soo nasty and rough. I wish you had caught them, nasty little thugs. YEAH on breaking the bad sleep habits. I bet you and Grant feel heaps more rested.
    Cindy Good to see that Tori party went well and you also had a good tme. There is no such thing as too much fairy bread in my opinion.
    Melissa Good to see all is well.
    Linda How is Emmas sleep going?
    We have a few MIA at the moment. Kirstie I hope you and Gus are well. Kerrie how are the girls?

Well Jordan is doing well. He is still commando crawling so I guess thats just how he will get around. I put him in his walker alot as he loves cruising around the house.
    One of my best friends told us that she is pregnant on sunday. I am so excited for her and her DH. I went shopping for her already I couldnt help myself. Jordan will have another friend in the new year.
    I dont have to go back to work till friday as I have AL on wednesday YEAH. no babysitter as mum is having operation today so I am staying home with Jordan.
    Have a great day everyone. I will be walking up to post office to post invites for CIndy and Kristie today.

Kell Guest

Hello! Well have been MIA myself atm, we have our new computer tho!! Very flash machine with a HUGE flat screen! I of course got to put it together, and set it all up Will has been sick last few days, teeth and a cold, and he has immunisations tomorrow, fun! Molly hasn't been well either, so have ben really busy - and now of course I have the cold too...
    Tracey - Molly never crawled properly she commando crawled until she walked pretty much, then she went to crawling lol.
    Kristie - Yay on the tooth, they say that the later they come thru the better for mouth shape etc! Sorry to hear Louis was so sick, thankfully he's better. Grrrr at DH, sometimes they just need a good kick up the backside lol
    Nikki - what an awful experience for your nephew, I hope he is ok?
    Glad that everyones parties went well, we are now on the downhill to 2nd birthday parties LOL.

Hi!

Not much news from me - just worked this afternoon. Busy getting costumes ready and tried on. We have a photo shoot for the kids on Monday so everything needs to be finished - AAAHHHH!!! I've got heaps of shopping to do tomorrow.

Tracey - How exciting to have a friend p/g! Your funny already shopping! hehe. Enjoy your time off!

Kell - Good to hear from you! Sorry to hear you've all been sick. I've got Louis' cold now as well! grrr. Yeah, dh can be painful sometimes. 95% of the time he's just fantastic but every now and then (mostly after having late nights and drinking too much) he can be really horrid. He gave me a big apology today.....
    Don't talk about 2nd b'days!!!!! he he that will mean I have a 6m old! hehehe. I'm not ready for that yet! hehe.

yay!!!!!well done louise.bout time hey kristie.chantelle has got another 2 teeth.she has 6 now,she just popped through her top 2.hers were late aswell and then bam....they are coming fast and furious.just had midwife appointment,they have suggested i try to ween chantelle as i am losing weight instead of putting it on,so she went to bed without her feed tonight,she didnt complain so we will see how the night pans out.i will do it gradually.as she really needs her morning feed at the moment.they have changed my dates slightly and it puts me 3 days further along,this is the date all my scans have shown and because i am having another c.section they are going to use that so i dont possibly go into labour.apart from that all is well with bub and me.
    nikki

Hi Nikki! I know - it took him a while! hehe. Wow at losing weight! I just offer Louis a cup of cows milk at night now - sometimes he has a whole cup and sometimes he only has a few mouthfuls but it doesn't affect how long he sleeps so thats good. I'm finding now that Louis is starting to fuss over his morning feeds a bit. I dont' think it will be long before we finish up altogether. I'll be a bit sad but he's getting so big now that I think it's all good!
    So what date is your c-s booked in for? The times going so quickly!!!!

they havnt given me a date yet,but approxiamatly 1 week early so probably around the 18th of jan.
    nikki

Hi!

Louis had a really unsettled night last night. He just kept waking but I don't think it was pain or anything - if we got him up he was happy as anything and wanted to play. Little terror! I ended up getting dh to deal with him because I was about to lose the plot. Isn't that horrible. I'm so grumpy and moody at the moment - and tired - and now I have a cold! I'm such a sook! I've got mothers group today so I think that will be good just to get out of the house and relax. I always enjoy meeting up with the group and of course you guys! It's a change of scenery and always good just to have a chat. None of my friends have kids so sometimes I think I feel a bit isolated in that respect. I'm meant to be going to friends house tonight for dinner but I'm so far removed from their lifestyles iykwim? God I can talk crap...sorry!

I hope all you're all well! Enjoy your days!

Kristie I hope Louis sleeps better for you tonight. What a cheeky boy wanted to play in the middle of the night. Good to see that DH was able to help you though. hope that mothers group was good today. It is hard when your circle of friends dont have kids yet as they really dont understand and you seem to be at different points in your lives.
    Nikki WOW on cutting out the night feed and Chantelle doing so well with it.
    I think it would be good atleast for your sake to have a break from breastfeeding before the next bubs comes along. I am thinking of cutting out a feed soon. Is it better to cut the AM or PM feed 1st?
    Kell YEAH on the new computer sorry to hear that you have been unwell and the kids too. Hopefully you are all better now.

Well Jordans day sleeps are all over the shop at the moment. He has done a 3 hr AM sleep for the last 3 days 9.30-1.00ish and then a 40 min afternoon nap. The problem is he isnt tired for his afternoon nap till about 4.00 so then he isnt really tired for bed at 7.30..... There is no chance of keeping him awake till after lunch and just having the 1 nap so should I wake him after 1-2 hrs in the AM?????? I am confused.
    We went for a great walk this afternoon. I walked along all the lake walk paths for about 1 hr. I am so unhappy with my body at the moment that I have decided to do something about it. I really want to loose some of this extra flab.

Hope everyone had a great day. Cant wait for swimming tomorrow.

Hi Trace!

I had a good afternoon at Mothers group - although it was only me and 1 other mum. It seems to be hard for everyone to coordinate their schedules to get together at the moment. But it was nice to get out of the house. I felt much better for it. I'm in that frame of mind where I could just do with a nice glass of wine just to chill out and relax - but of course can't!! hehe.

In regards to dropping a feed I would drop whichever one you think he doesn't want as much. For me this was the pm feed. He just didn't really care for it. His morning feed he is usually really hungry for whereas his pm he isn't because he's just had dinner.
    Thats tricky with his sleeps. Louis went through that a while ago but then wouldn't go to sleep until 9pm! What I would suggest (ignore me if you like) is trying to stretch him out perhaps in the morning just by 10min each time or so and then hopefully you can drop the afternoon nap. Louis is well and truly down to 1 sleep now and even today only slept for 1 45min - and thats it for the day!!! But - we've been putting him to bed at about 6.30pm and he sleeps usually to around 7-7.30am. So thats 12-13h overnight and another 1-2 through the day - so heaps really. He's usually very grumpy for bed so thats why we brought it earlier rather than the normal 7pm.
    Sorry for rambling - hope it helps!

OK - off for dinner with friends! Hopefully I can relax and enjoy it!

Hi everyone - I've missed the emails so am completely beihind!!!! Aarrggghhh!!

Nikki - a very late happy birthday to Chantelle - glad she is going well. What's happening with the ad?

Kristie - how scary! Sounds like you have had a big scare. Glad he is imporving though. And yay on the teeth!

All's well here. Emma took her first steps on Sunday!!! We "encouraged" her with mini m&ms LOL. It was just a few steps, but she did it a few times. Not since though. Sleep isn't so great ATM, she was up 3 times last night, it's been about 1 or 2 most nights though. But she had a runny poo last night so she might have eaten something that didn't agree with her?

Oh - I'm just SOOOO behind! I think I have so many Qs but can't think of them right now. Has anyone else not got AF yet? I still don't, but then I'm still feeding at least twice a day, often more.

Linda YEAH on the walking. I love the way you are bribing her. We bribe Jordan with the mobile phone to crawl to us LOL. I got AF back about 4 months ago when I dropped to 2 feeds a day. My friend didnt get AF back until she completly stopped BF though so you might be the same.
    Kristie Hope you had a nice night out at your friends. Thanks for the advice. This morning I decided there was no chance of giving up the morning feed. He was wanting it at 6.30 which is pretty early for him. I think I am going to increase his dinner size and see if that makes him sleep longer over night (not that I should be complaining)

Well its off to swimming this morning. YEAH. I so need new bathers though. They dont have underwire so my boobs hang down so low, it looks dreadful. I can only imagine what they will look like after I stop feeding.
    Back to work tomorrow its been nice staying at home these last couple days. I certainly could be stay at home mum again. OH well maybe when the next bubs arrives.
    Hope everyone has a nice day

Well it sounds like everyone is doing well in here!! We have walking and teeth and all that important stuff happening.

Had our 12mth chek the other day and she has finally hit 8kg!just over. Atleast she is putting on weight though so our next appt is in 3 months instead of the 1 month we have been doing.

Work was good yesterday, lots of interesting patients to see. I was totally worn out by the end of the day though and went to bed megga eary for me last night. Tori had a feral night lastnight too whichwas just great when i was so tired! I think she is getting her back teeth at the moment. I wish it would be over and done with though.

Tracey- got the invite yesterday and we sill be there with bells on!!

I better get going, still in my pjs!

hi guys.all is well here.chantelle had an accident yesterday in the bath,she climbed up on the side and fell and smashed her top teeth on the edge,she has a great big cut along the top of her teeth and they are badly bruised,lots of blood and was very painful for her.she seems ok now.
    she just had her health check and has measured in at 8.1 kilos.so about the same as tori and emma.they are just little petite girls.she has her immunisation tomorrow afternoon.gggrrr!!!!
    nikki

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast