Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #17

Kristie Jordan did great at dinner. He was happy while he was eating but when he finished he wanted out of the high chair. He spent the rest of the time going between everyones laps as he wouldnt sit still. He did really well considring the lack of sleep.
    Melissa hope you got all the pampletts folded. Its nice when the grandparents can spend some time the grandkids, wish sometimes they could more often.
    Nikki How did Chantelle go at the target job? i cant wait to see her in her next commercial or catalogue. I still havent seen her commercial though. I am looking out for it though
    Cindy How are things going? Hope you are all well.
    Linda how is Emmas sleep going? I hope you are seeing some improvement and you have been able to stick to your plan.
    Well today was good. I went to a mates to record all video we have taken of Jordan onto a DVD. we set it up with chapters and everything so really cool. There are huge gaps though where we just forgot to get the camera out which is a shame. We did really well when he was 1st born, then slacked off. We picked up again and then dropped off. You get the general idea of how he has grown up though which is nice. I cant wait to see it all finished, we have to burn it onto DVD now, still on hard disk.
    Well we finally changed the leaking tap in the shower. Its been driving us nuts for a week. We have had buckets and the watering can under the shower to catch all the drips so we could use the water and not fully waste it. Finally we got the motivation to change it. No more DRIP DRIP DRIP noise to put me to sleep
    Off to work tomorrow, I so cant be bothered. I love being at home.

Oh well no rest for the wicked they say.

Night all

Hi!

Louis had such a big day yesterday! I think he was really overwhelmed having his cousins here who wouldn't leave him alone for 5 seconds and then we went to my brothers and he just had constant attention. I think what gets him frustrated is that they won't let him walk wherever he wants and are constantly picking him up. Now that he's walking he just loves his independence. Still they love him to pieces!

Needless to say we're going to have a quiet day today to recover (both of us - hehe)

Louis first top tooth is so almost through!! Again, no redness and no misery - we've been so lucky with his teething!! it must be our payoff for having to wait so long! hehe.

Melissa - Hope you had a great day!!! Mmhhh sticky date pudding!

Tracey - Thats great Jordan did so well. We were talking yesterday and we're going to see if Dad will change it so it's dinner at 6.30pm just to make it a bit easier (for my sister as well) Thats a great idea with all the video footage!! I really need to do that as well. Dh's brother can do all that stuff so I must get organised! We haven't taken much really at all but you get an idea of his stages. We were never video or photo people before so I'm so lazy with it. I've still got about 300-400 digital photos on the computer so he hasn't missed out!! If I think about how many we had of us as kids!!!
    Ooh I couldn't handle a leaking tap like that! hehe. The smallest thing like that and I wouldn't be able to sleep - I suppose you'd get used to it though! At least it's fixed now!
    Hope work goes fast for you!

OK - better get organised and have a shower - I really want to go out and have a walk - I'm not sure if it's meant to rain though....

morning girls.
    did anyone have a win yesterday.
    we went to a friends for a bbq.it was huge,they really made alot of effort and it was great to see so many friends,the kids including chantelle had a fantastic time.
    corey won $60,james won $20 and i won $30.poor grant lost on every race.
    chantelle did go to the photo shoot but it was not for a catalouge or commercial.they just wanted to take some updated photos of some babies so that target could start choosing who they were going to use for all of the xmas work.hopefully they will be happy with her photos and she gets some work from it.
    i will begin setting up the babies things next week as i will be 30 weeks along,so need to start getting organised incase of an early arrival,you just never know do you.
    i was going to give the baby its own room because corey never sleeps in his room he always sleeps on his brothers trundal in his room but he has got so much stuff and spends alot of time in his room playing,H would sleep in our room anyway for the first 3 months so i will just have him in there with us till later,but i must start getting all his things set up.
    nikki

kristie,i noticed that you have paid and booked for the xmas dinner,so have i YAY!!!!
    cindy and tracey,will you guys be coming,if you are concidering it,check out the vic xmas dinner thread cos there are limited places and i would hate for you to miss out.
    nikki

HI girls!!!! Good to hear you are all doing well so it seems!
    Nikki- I cant believe you are 30 weeks already, bloody bloody that went fast!

I am at work today and waiting fora phone call so am killing time on here.
    On the house hunting- we got outbit, they didnt even come back to us fora counter bid and we would have gone higher for sure but so be it!
    Finance came through but we have decided to wait another 12 months and just rent and get more savings and bill paid off before we buy. The finance will still be sitting there anyway if we come accross a bargain anyway.
    I haev to say that I am trying to stop feeding tori at the moment, we are only doing a night feed but every night I think I wont do it I end up in tears about it and feeding her! I cant believe how emotional I am about it all. i didnt think i would be. I want to stop so i can have some time out before the next one comes along.
    I have really gota belly now, even my boss commented today on how much i have popped in the past week!
    Sorry, got to get going! A patient has just walked in and i am sitting here pretending i am typing some important thing rather than talking to them! Very bad indeed

Hi!

I just went for about 45min walk and I'm buggered! hehe. I can't believe how unfit I am!!! I really must start doing it more regularly although I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow! hehehe.
    Hopefully Chantelle gets some more work from the photos!

How exciting getting ready for your new bubba!! The time has absolutley flown by!! How fun!!

Yep - I'm excited about going out for dinner. I just realised that dh will be away that weekend so will have to get Mum to babysit! I might get Louis to have a sleepover and then really have some time to myself - even without dh (I'd probably lose my mind! hehe) I'm glad you're going so at least I'll know 1 person!! Can't wait to see your tummy!

Mines starting to poke out now - I think I look obviously p/g now!

Cindy - If your emotions/moods are anything like mine at the moment I can totally understand...Maybe just wait until your a bit more ready and it might not be so hard! Good luck with it though...
    Thats great you got the finance though - at least you know you could get house if you see one you like!
    I'm excited to see your belly!
    It would be great if you can make it to the dinner!!

I'm sooo tired after that walk I could have a snooze - hehe.

Hi girls!!! :wave: I have been SO slack lately!! I just can't keep up & haven't even read much But it seems everyone is going well. I can't believe all these pg bellies!!! I feel a little bit jealous, but not too much. I know my time will come again & in the meantime I'm so busy I don't have much time to think about it.

Emma is going great. Our sleep issues seem to be a thing of the past!! After a few difficult nights helping Em to sleep in her cot without being picked up, she is now a champ! I put her down, lay next to her (we now have a single bed with a roll out trundle. I roll out the trundle & lay next to her - it's a nice little rest ) she goes to sleep in 1-30 mins & that's it - I don't hear from her until morning!!

In all other regards, we are good. Emma is into pulling things out of cupboards & draws. It drives me nuts LOL. Every room has a pile of clothes or teatowels or containers in it! I'm exhausted picking them all up!!! But she does put them back sometimes - the trick is to then take her away before she takes them out again! She's still not walking full time, just a few steps every now & then, I'm sure she will realise soon that she can do it all the time.

As for me - work is flat out ATM. It's great, but exhausting. So I'm happy with it all, but looking forward to Christmas.

Kristie - glad the concert went so well. I bet you are loving the time off now though!

Linda thats so good about Emma sleep I am so pleased all the hard nights have paid off.
    Nikki I hope Chantelle gets some more work, I would love to see her in a catalogue.
    Cindy cant wait to see your belly. Dont worry about being emotional about giving up BF i am really emotional about it. I am still on 2 feeds a day. I dont see him stopping anytime soon as he is really takinga fair bit at the moment.
    Kristie you are so good going for a walk, i am such a slacker. I dont exercise at all.

well today was good at work. day went quick which was nice. Jordan has gone to bed without hassle tonight, he fell asleep on the boobs he was knackered after day at his nannys.

Have a great night everyone

Hi!

Well, I did end up having a snooze!!! Kind of felt worse for it to start with but feeling better now.
    Louis top right tooth is through!!! It wasn't this morning and I went to show dh this afternoon adn it was through!!

Linda - I'm so so glad that Emma's sleeping well for you now! It must be such a relief for you! Cheeky girl for pulling things out of the cupboard!
    I've taught Louis to open and close doors now so he helps me out and if I've left a kitchen door open he closes it for me! so cute!
    Hope your work eases up soon!
    Yep - I've had a great week off - I've still got to teach for the next 3 weeks but all the pressures off as such.

Tracey - Glad work went fast for you! How cute is it when they're so sleepy and fall asleep so nicely! Are you going to go to the dinner????

Sweet dreams everyone!

Well today has been full of drama. I got a phone call from mum in histerics, their garage was on fire, one of there cars caught fire and the entire garage was up in flames. I went to see them after everything had settled as didnt want to take Jordan over there in the smoke etc. It is completely black. The cars have melted, everything in the garage has melted or burnt. Hardly anything survived. All I can say is lucky they were home as it could have ended up in the house.
    My parents are off to singapore tonight for a holiday so my brother is left to arrange all the repairs for them whilst they are away. I think the holiday is just what they needed.

Jordan slept in today till 7.30, I was shocked. He didnt have his AM sleep so went to swimming and he was really good. He got a little grumpy but got over it. We ate fairy bread for lunch and he is now in bed. I hope he will have a good few hours to make up for the lost AM sleep.
    I have cleaned my floors and washing is in progress so I can now relax and do whatever.

Hope everyone is having a nice day, its gorgeous day in Melb today

Hi!

OMG Tracey! How horrible for your parents! At least your brother is there to organise everything while they're away - I hope they can relax!
    It must be a day for funny sleeps!

Louis and I slept in until 7.50am! and he had swimming as well and we quickly went to the shops and I've tried to put him to bed when I got home but he won't have it! So he's had no sleep and I've got to leave for an afternoon of teaching in about 40min. I'm so hoping he has a sleep in the car at least.....

OMG Tracey! Does their insurance cover that? Did they work out the cause of the fire yet?

Nikki - Hopefully Chantelle will get picked for the Christmas promotion stuff I noticed that you ticker was creeping closer to your due date, where has the time gone?

Cindy & Kristie - Congrats on the belly pops, lol... I used to love the mexican wave Benjamin used to do inside my tum.

Linda - Great to hear that you've got the sleep thing sorted with Emma. I'd just love a night where I could snuggle up next to Dh alone...

Melissa

it definatly was the car that caught fire how they are not sure. They have secured the garage, the cars have been towed away and they are removing all electricity from the garage so they can turn the electricity back on in the house. WOW what a day.

Jordan slept from 12.00 to 2.00 I have put him back in his cot as he looked tired

Krisite i hope Louis sleeps a little for you.
    Melissa love the pic, Benjamin is such a little man now. where have our babies gone?

OMG Tracey! How scary for your Mum! That must have been just awful!

Melissa - Yep, it's really nice having our bed back! Mind you, Em comes in when she wakes at 6am & I really love that time too.

Kristie - Yay on the sleep in! Glad you are feeling nice & relaxed ATM too

Time for a new thread found HERE.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678