Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #2

Default Babies Born October 2005 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2005.

Please leave your details in the same format as those below and your moderator of this forum will get them added for you.

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

October '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: *Linda*
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 4th October 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2700gLength -47.5cm Head Circ - 30cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Emma Joy
    Baby's Website: on www link
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes:

Forum Name: M1tbull (Melissa)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 4th of October 2005
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Benjamin Anthony
    Baby's Stats: 4410g (9lb 11 1/2oz), Length 55.5cms, Head circ 35cms.
    Baby's Website: -
    Health Concerns: Still has a little touch of Jaundice
    Notes: 13 days early because of his growth, and my diabetes.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Mandimoo
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 5th October 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight -8p 11oz Length -55 cm Head Circ -35cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Samuel Gary
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    9 days overdue, induced labour, Sam had alot of mucous in body at birth and was taken to special care to get rid of some of it other than that we have been blessed with a healthy baby.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Krisvee
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 9th October 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2.67kg/5lb14 Length - 46cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Baby Name(s): Louis Robert
    Health Concerns: N/A
    Notes: Born 2 weeks early

Forum Name: nicolemckay (nikki)
    State:
    Baby's DOB: 13th October 2005 3.18pm
    Baby's Stats: 5lbs 13oz, Length 45cm, HC 33cm
    Gender of Baby:Girl
    Baby Name(s): chantelle jasmin
    Baby's Website:
    Notes:ceaserian section,39 weeks gestation, apgar score 9 and 10.

Forum Name: Bonnie
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 14th October 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3770gms Length - 51.5cms Head Circ. - 35cms
    Baby's Name(s): Tristan Ethan
    Notes: Born 7 days overdue by emergency cesarean.

Forum Name: Kazzy
    State: Geelong, Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 15.10.2005
    Baby Name(s): Eden Kate
    Baby's Website: nup - not clever enough yet!!!!
    Health Concerns: nothing at the moment (fingers crossed)
    Notes: 3 weeks early, was in breech position and waters broke. Born by Emergency Ceasar. Having hip ultrasound in December. Have another child - a son who was born on 25.4.2002.

Forum Name: Fenella
    Baby's DOB: 19th October
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3695 Length - 49cm Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby Name(s): Tamsin
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none
    8 days early

Forum Name: Canniel (Candice)
    Baby's DOB: 22nd October 2005 8:02pm
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 3 Length -52.5cm
    Baby Name(s): Brynach Anthony Herbert McLeod
    Baby's Website: nil
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes:

Forum Name: dee73 (Donella)
    Baby's DOB: 22nd October 2005
    Baby's Stats: 3.85kg (8lb 8oz); 51.5 cm long; 36.1cm head circ.
    Baby Name(s): Dylan Jacob
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: -
    Notes: 6 days early

Forum Name: Katkins
    Baby's DOB: 28/10/05
    Gender of Baby: GIRL!
    Baby Name(s): Jessica Erin
    Baby's Website: None as yet....been too busy to even do Kat's one!
    Health Concerns: Windy baby....likes to drink fast and hard and sucks in a LOT of air.
    Forum Name: Bekka
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 30th October 2005
    Baby's Stats: 7lb 2oz - 49.5 cm long; 35 cm head circ.
    Baby Name(s): Xavier Jack
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: -
    Notes: 1 day late

Forum Name: Deancey
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 31/10/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.9 kilo Length - 51 cm
    Baby Name(s): Jordan Bailey
    Baby's Website: bubbadean.com.au
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) none

Catch up with the old thread here

Love

Ok I'll be first!! My Mum came around today and came shopping with Emma and I. It was so good to have her with me, I have really been dreading going shopping, I think just because everything is just so much harder and I worry that she will start screaming while I'm out etc etc. Emma slept the whole time though LOL - I bet she wouldnt have if I'd been on my own!! So I got heaps done, which feels really good.

Had a really down day yesterday. Just didnt cope well with little things. you know those days where you make a mountain out of a molehill? I just had enough. Woke up much happier today though.

I hope all the unsettled bubs are better today. It really was funny that it happened to so many of us on the same day though hey?

linda,glad today was better for you.chantelle seems to be coming good now,still a bit miserable but giving me some bouts of time to myself
    nikki

Hi!

Well, we had our reunion which was great. So good to hear everyones birth stories and see their little bubbas. Louis by far has the loudest set of lungs! Lucky us!.

He slept so well last night too - I fed him at 9.30 and then he didn't wake up until 2.50am! Woo hoo! Then he went down and slept until 7am (had to settle him a few times to stretch it out that far) So I had a great nights sleep which was definitley needed. So far so good today. I wonder what the moons were doing with all our bubbas so unsettled - hehe.

Nikki - I'm sorry I won't be able to make it to meet everyones. I would really love to but we will be away up at the PILs at the time. If you ever organise another catch up I would definitely be interested though.

Linda - Sorry to hear that you had a downer - It happens to all of us I think. It's amazing what a nights sleep can do though. You wake up fresh and ready for another day.

Also, just thought I'd let you know that Louis is developing a bit of a flat spot on one side of his head. When we looked we noticed he was sleeping facing the same way each time so perhaps check that your bubbas are facing both ways when sleeping and playing. We're finding it really hard to now get him to look the other way - grrr.

Have a great day!

Kristie - Got the same problem with Benjamin. He only wants to sleep on his left side. We were looking at his head shape too last night, it's a little out of shape, but he hasn't got a flat spot. He'll just have to learn to sleep on the other side. He doesn't like sleeping on his back, even though we are told to put them that way.

We've had to keep an eye on Benjamin's finger nails. We have to keep cutting them short, other wise he scratches us when he's in a mood. He's also discovered his fists in the last few days. Reminds me of a little boxer. I do the commentary when DH has got him. "ok daddy, first I'm going to give you the right hook followed by a left jab, and why not throw in a kick" It gives us a good laugh, especially when he gets on his serious face at the same time. So precious!

Benjamin is going in for his 2 month injections today. I was going for my pap smear, but that has to be rescheduled due to AF arriving. I have been feeling so drained and bloated since she arrived back. I didn't expect AF to arrive this early after bub was born. I've only had 3 weeks off bleeding. It just not fair!

I hope all you mums are feeling well and your bubs are too.

Anyone

I didn't finish the last post, hit the submit button by accident too early. #-o

Ok, anyone else start AF back yet?

Melissa

Kazzy Guest

Hi Gals,

Linda - having one of those 'down' mornings today I think. My Mum has taken my son for the day so that he can actually be very noisey and run around heaps - they are on land. I think I will just miss him - don;t like being by myself much. Eden was really noisey in her sleep last night - think she needs to do a big poo and it just won't happen for her. SHe still slept and settled well though. SOmetimes I feel like I am just waiting for something 'bad' to happen. Not bad as in serious - just things not going smoothly. I hate to say when things are going well incase it comes back to bite me. A bit pessimistic I think - must be the Irish superstition in me. Must be more positive like I normally am!!!!!! That will be my mantr for the day. Whatever happens will happen no matter how I feel about it!
    I have two friends who I used to work with coming out for lunch today - will be glad to get it over with - I am a bit nervous for some reason.

Eden still has her rash on her face, it hasn't really got any better. It seems to be a little dry now. Must ask the MCH nurse.

Oops- Edenis stirring. GOing to take her for a quick walk.

Love to you all

Kazzy xx

Hi,

Kazzy - sorry your feeling a bit down. I know exactly what you mean about expecting the worst. Sometimes at the end of a feed you just worry that they're going to be terrors and not settle and scream the house down. Louis was like that with the noise the other night - it went on all night and then he did a big poo and settled much better. We don't usually have him in our room but we were away so had too. It drove us crazy. We usually have him in his room with his door closed so I only hear when he's crying!

Try and enjoy your lunch!

Melissa - I had a break of about a week and then some bleeding started but the dr couldn't tell me if it was af or not. I suppose I"ll know in another month!

Same with the nails - sometimes he scratches so hard!

We're off next week for Louis' injections - let us know how he goes.

Hi Girls.

I've missed a few days again!!!! Must be having too much fun (not). Been going for heaps of walks - hopefully I'll start losing my chunkybutt.

Sorry to brag because all of your little ones have been nightmares lately, but Tristan has been an angel (I'm not swapping!!!!). On Monday night he slept from about 11pm until 5am. Woo hoo!! I still woke up at 3 to see if he was stirring, but no, he stayed asleep. Last night he slept from 9:30pm until 3am. I fed and changed him, then he slept from about 4am until 7:15am. Fantastic. My poor Mum though. She was up about 3 aswell with hayfever. Watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing. Lucky I don't get hayfever.

Tristan has a teeny flat spot, but I try to get him to change head postition everytime he sleeps. It sometimes works. I'm disappointed that he's got a bit of a bald patch now at the back of his head cos he had soooooo much hair when he was born. Oh well. Can't wait for it to grow back. He had a mini mohawk yesterday. So cute!!

Melissa - So gorgeous about the little boxer!!! It's funnier when they hit themselves in the face. Not so funny if they cry.

Glad you're feeling better today Linda. I have those days frequently. But I'm the sort of person who tries not to let it show. Then it builds up too much then I explode, which is bad.

Kristy - Don't you love it when bubs sleeps for that long!!!

Gotta go now, one of my friends just had a bub and I'm going to see her in hospital today. Porr chick. She had to be flown to Adelaide for a cesarean (they don't do cesareans on KI) and bubs was 4 weeks prem. The air ambulance flew tham back on Monday night. He's having trouble feeding so he's got a feeding tube down his throat. Poor little man.

Hugs to all of you and your bubs.................Love Bonnie.

Kristie - I'm so happy your reunion went so well. =D> I've only spoken to two couples in our group since we had Benjamin. One had their baby 2 days before me, and the other was still waiting to pop.

Bonnie - I've got the chunky butt thing going on too. I actually got a letter from my hospital the other day, telling me that I'm apparently waiting for a healthy lifestyle appointment that my doctor has made for me without me knowing.

Melissa

Today is a very unsettled day. We woke up at 8.30 and I have only just got Jordan to sleep and it is now 1.40. He just wouldnt sleep and didnt want to be put down. I was going out of my mind in the end.

Bonnie - I am so glad that Tristan has been a good sleeper, I wish some of that would rub off onto Jordan at times. I cannot overally complain though as he has only had a handful of bad nights since he came home.
    Hope your friend and her bubs are doing well.

Melissa - how cute about the boxing.... he might become a professional

Linda - I think we all have our "down" days. I think today is mine. Sometimes I feel so useless as a mum when he wont settle and keeps crying. As a mum you think you should be able to fix it all. Unfortunatly it doesnt seem to work that way.

Sorry about those I have missed. Just a quick check in, off to express some more milk, hopefully. I was really dry yesterday, must have been the heat.

Just a quick question - does anyones bubbas go from feed to feed longer than 4 hours during the day??? The last couple of days since Louis' unsettled time he's been feeding less and going longer between feeds. Usually around 3 3/4-4 1/2 hours between feeds.

Last night he went over 5 hours and then a 3 3/4. Also is anyones babies sleeping through?

One couple last night said their baby has slept from 1am-8-10am since day 1 (baby is now 4weeks).

Thanks heaps.

wow on af melissa,are you breast feeding,i dont thimk i got mine for about 6 months after my last 2 kids.has anyone else got theres.chantelle has a minor flat spot also,it is impottant to rotate there possy as the other side tightens and shortens and can be painful to turn there head that way.
    nikki

feeling niggly crampy pains so thinking af might be on her way back soon (NOT going to get pg again this time!!! Paying close attention to body's signs). I stopped bf'ing after the tummy bug just over a week ago so... My body seems to go back to Af cycle pretty quickly (tho it was a bit screwy after the first AF last pgcy hence the reason I fell with Jess)...

Nikki - I am still breastfeeding, wouldn't give him anything other than that for now. I'm surprised though, because leading up to it, my bb's were becoming overfull, and quite enlarged because of it. I had to express quite a lot to keep them from getting sore. The mornings are still pretty bad though.

We're back from the doctors. Benjamin has had his 2 month needles, followed by a blood test. The panadol has done some of the job, he's very sleepy now. The polio vaccination that usually comes on a spoon, now comes in an injection too. He had to have 3 needles, then because he's still a little jaundice they sent us for a blood test. For the vaccinations, I just had to hold his hip and knee still while the doctor jabbed him quickly. He was ok for the first one, but the next 2 he got upset. No tears, just a lot of noise. Then when they took blood from him, 3 people had to hold him still. I just kept talking to him while he screamed the place down. I can't believe there wasn't any tears after that either, just a lot of noise again. I was really sad about them taking blood from him, I almost had a cry for him, I just wanted to pick him up and tell them to leave him alone, he sounded so hurt.

We are home now, and DH has taken him for some daddy sleep time. Benjamin is fast asleep too. They both look so peaceful sleeping together.

I did get told off by my doctor for co-sleeping with Benjamin. What else can you do if they won't sleep in their cot or pram?

Kristie - Benjamin feeds often during the day every hour - 2 hours. He has longer between feeds at night. Panadol knocks them out for longer too. We found that out when I had to give him some to settle a cold he had.

Tracey - I hope he doesn't become a professional boxer. I prefer he keeps a few more brain cells. I'd like to put him into swimming and kinder gym first.

Melissa

hi everyone

sorry I haven't been around much, have had lots to do. will pop in shortly for a longer chat

Hi all.

Kristie, yay on those big sleeps!! you must feel great! glad you had fun at your reunion. Emma sometimes goes 5 hours between feeds (usually through the day #-o )

Melissa - Benjamin had his 2 months shots right on didnt he? Emma's arent until the 13th and I'm not looking forward to them at all, sounds like you coped really well. I havent had AF yet, have had some AF like pain, but thats all.

Kazzy - I know what you mean about the pessimism!! When things go well for us I just wait for it all to change instead of just enjoying it!

bonniie - thats great that things are going so well for you!

Tracey - bummer you are having an unsettled day - hopefully he will sleep well tonight then....

Emma had a great day today. We went to a funeral (a family friend who was in her 80s). I was really worried about Emma making a noise through the service, but she was perfect! She then slept through the entire wake and was admired by all!! I'm going to try to have an early night tonight....

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast