Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #4

Deancey (Tracey)
    I read your question in another thread about breast pumps...
    I use thE Avent & love it, works easily, quickly & gently for me, well worth the money!

I am returning to work in less than 2 wks (Full time) & will pump away in my office... I hope it works & I can continue breastfeeding her!!!

Goodluck, but I love my pump..

oohhhh i want giggles not fair....
    wow kazzy that must have been awsome,i can just see you watching that tape over and over again and giggling to yourself every time
    my ny resolutions are going really really well.still smoke free,3 days now woohooo!!!!!still making dh lunch but not doing very well with drinking more water, though i am drinking less coke.
    god i couldnt think of anythging worse for me at the moment at going to work,i am quit happy staying at home for now,i think i will be ready a bit later in the year.bit hard as i have 3 kids a house and husband,2 dogs, 2 cats & 2 birds to look after aswell as everything else,so am happy to take it in my stride.
    4 sleeps till we go away,cant wait to get away from the every day stuff,will be great.
    i have found that i have grown a tremendous amount of extra love for chantelle latly,she is just soooo georgous,i look at her and just want to eat her all up.i am so in love with her.
    we missed our last mchc appointment so will ring tomorrow to make one for next week or end of this week.
    well bed time for me
    love to you all
    nikki

i meant to say well done niiki on quitting!!! =D> good on you!!! i missed Emma's last appt too 8-[ totally forgoy! have to make another one today.

Nikki - congrats on sticking with the NY resolutions. Mine was to make sure I dont get stressed out with Jordan and to call for help before I have a break down. So far he has been an angel and I have not needed to stress at all.

Jordan went 6 HRS between feeds last night. I am so pleased. I fed him at 9.00 and got up at 3.00am for a feed. It was only a short one and we both back in bed by 3.45am. I hope he continues to draw him feeds out of a night time. I am sure he will.

Kazzy - yeah on the giggles. I am so pleased with all the smiles we are getting cant wait for giggles as well.

Barley1 - thanks for the recommendation for the avent pump i am going to bid for one on ebay....hope I win it.

*Linda* - yeah on the sleeping thru. You must feel all so good for it. Cant wait for that day. hopefully soon.

Love to all and HUGS TO BUBS

Tracey - I'm sure Jordan will slepp thru for you soon. Dylan went for 8 hours straught last night (after 7 1/2 the night before) and he's usually a 5 hour max, so I think he's settling into a new night routine. We might give Linda and Emma a run for their money!!

I have the Avent pump too.

Barley1 - bummer on going back to work. We're feeling the starin of one income too, but I'm a teacher so cannot do anything till start of school year when I will start doing relief days when DHs roster allows. I have one set day a week (well, half a day) on Thursdays when in-laws will babysit.

Nikki -I know what you mean about the love. Each day I look at Dylan and my heart swells a little more. I melt every time he grins at me!

I cannot believe how much he has settled and changed now we have the feeding sorted. Now he'll only cry for a couple of minutes if he's uncomfortable and we can always fix the propblem. So much better than the long stretches of crying we used to have when we didn't know what was wrong.

Hi!

Louis has decided that he doesn't like to sleep a long time at night again - grrr. He went from 8 1/2 h ny eve back to 4, then 5 and last night 6. So hopefully it's building up again!

Dh has gone away camping for the night so I'm home alone. Once upon a time I would have loved the time to myself but having Louis all on my own stresses me out a bit. He's a good bubba but its just if he has a bad day your all on your own.

Because he was going away I got dh to get up to him last night. hehe. He's always known how hard it is but this is the first time he's actually done it. I think he may understand that one night of its o.k but 3 months starts to take its toll.

Tracey - thats a good Ny resolution! I think I will need to use that one once work goes back.

Nikki - you must be sooo busy - and here I am complaining about looking after one bubba!
    I know what you mean about feeling more love - For me anyway I think it's because you can have so much fun with your bubbas now. They're starting to turn into little people!

Donella - Yeah on the sleep! That's great. It feels good when you can fix their problems easily! We can with Louis most of the time except sometimes he's waking up after only 40min screaming. I'm not sure if its belly pains or if he's frustrated that he can't get back to sleep. I try and help him but it just doesn't seem to work. I end up having him up for half an hour and then try and resettle him. He even did that once through the night last night......

I've still been feeling a bit funny in the mornings and have had a bit of heartburn which I had never had until I was p/g with Louis. In saying all that though I've been too scared to do a test.......I must do one soon though as I'm probably worrying about nothing.

shannon so what are the changes????
    nikki

I'm scared. I've been feeling sick off and on for about a week now. I know it's possible it's the IUD (they say it's a possible side effect, but rare as the hormones in it are very low dose), but I'm starting to worry I might be pg again! (Oh god how will I handle it??!! 3 under 3??). I'm exhausted (could just be running after two kids with very little help)... amd feeling sick, like I wanna throw up (also every time it's hit me it's been afternoon/evening, which is when my m/s hit me).
    I'd bd for weeks before having the IUD put in (using condoms most of the time, but once again got carried away once, he withdrew fortunately) and was told there is a chance I could have been pg before I got it put in (but too soon for U/S to see or urine tests to pick up, so he didn't do one to check, just got me to sign a waiver saying I understood the risks). It's even possible to become pg with an IUD in place (lower chance than with most contraceptives, but hey, I fell pg on Depo and the pill so....?).
    I'm a nervous wreck atm. I'm kinda feeling like maybe I am again... But telling myself it's not possible! I can't get a test till DH gets home as I have two babies who are sleeping. God I think we'll need his parents living with me if I am pg with number 3!!

Wow Kerrie!

I think be both need to do these tests to ease our minds! hehe.

I might go for a walk tomorrow down the street and get one. I'm pretty sure I'm not though - I think my minds just playing tricks on me.....

well my test was negative.....THANK GOD. Not that I wouldn't have loved another bubba, just that this is WAY TOO SOON

goodluck Krisvee

Does anyone elses bubs wake up screaming from their daytime naps??? Louis seems to be doing this and taking a long time to calm down. This can be way before he is due for a feed so I don't think this is the problem...

Kristie - Dylan does this if he has wind he's trying to push out. I find lying him on his back and pushing his knees up to his tummy and rotating legs in circles helps him push out his farts. I do 10 circles in one direction then 10 in the other and that usually gets it happening... (It's a yoga technique my mum showed me!)

Kristie Emma sometimes does this, and for no apparant reason. Although sometimes she goes back to sleep, which is strange, I think it might even be a bad dream? Sometimes she just takes a while with a cuddle to relax again.....its weird isnt it?

Kell Guest

Hi

Well I finally have 5 minutes to myself to post Have been busy since DH back at work - he was only working two, three days a week since Molly's op but now is back full time. I didn't realise how much he was actually helping until now i have to do it all myself

We had Will weighed etc yesterday. He is now 7.5kg, 65cm and head circ. 43.5cm. Dh calls him our little front row forward, he a solid little boy. He has lovely chubby cheeks and rolls around his legs. I just love chubby baby fat! He is smiling and laughing all the time now, the fastest way to get him to laugh is to let his sister hold him, she will giggle and he will copy her - it is beautiful to watch. He is sleeping 6-8 hours at night and then a really quick feed, change and back to be for 3-4 hours which is noce. During the day he doesn't sleep much more than an hour at a time.
    Krisvee - Will wakes up screaming sometimes too, usually he will go back to sleep if i put him in his bouncer but not in his cot. I think he likes sitting upright so it must be wind or belly pain. I found that a lot of the things I was eating were upsetting him.

Molly has her cast off on Tuesday - I can't wait!! The heat was an absolute killer, we don't have ac either. Thankfully it has cooled down nicely here. She is still a bit on the nose though! After it comes off we are going to the central coast to visit IL for two weeks as DH twin brother is visiting from Germany. I am looking forward to the beach and shopping but my MIL is an absolute monster we don't usually stay longer than 3 days and this time is for two weeks!!

Can anyone tell me how to put a picture at the bottom of the post, excuse my ignorance

Hi Kell - I love bubba fat too! It's so cute. Will sounds like Louis with the sleeps. How much sleep would he be getting through the day in total?

I keep thinking it's something I'm eating....He has had a farty bottom continuosly all day and night for the last week. I have eaten a variety of things in that time though....I get so tempted to give him formula sometimes just to avoid that whole situation but then I get the guilts.....

I used to sleep him in the bouncer through the day but our MCHN said that I shouldn't. He would sleep sometimes a couple of hours though.....I wonder if it's worth a try again. He's so big though he kind of slips right down to the bottom if I don't strap him in, but if I do I'm sure he'll wake up.

That's great the Molly gets her cast off!!! What a relief.

I'm sure I would go insane if I had to spend 2 weeks with the IL's. I just spent 5 days after christmas and was ready to murder someone at the end. It didn't help that dh spent everyday all day down in the shed with his dad leaving me very bored......grrrr.As soon as we got in the car to leave I said I'm never going for that long ever again! hehe.

I have my picture through the little ticker. so if you get one of those you got through the process and it asks if you want to attach a picture file.....

Linda - Louis never goes back to sleep without me picking him up and rocking him again....I think I've started a very bad habit. I'm not sure whether I should use controlled crying to get him out of it. It seems so cruel to let him cry for so long...and all for just a 40min sleep.

Donella - thanks - he seems to push them out quite well at all times of the day. We used to do that when he was little and sure enough a poo would be had!! hehe. It doesn't seem to work anymore.......I hope he's little belly is o.k. Although he did do one yesterday after 4 days and I didn't even notice that he had so it can't be hurting him....

Has anyone given their bubbas rice cereal yet or are you all waiting for 6 months??? Louis is loving having milk on a spoon at the moment. He's quite good at it actually. Not much gets spat out at all. hehe.

Kristie if Emma keeps crying I pick her up too. It is only sometimes that she goes back to sleep by herself. I wouldnt worry too much about starting a bad habit, if you are happy doing what you do then it doesnt really matter IMO

Kell Guest

Hi Krisvee I would say Will gets about 4 40min sleeps through the day, from 6pm though he goes down for 2-3 hours and i usually wake him up for a feed around 9 and then he sleeps for 6-8 hours. I don't usually mind as long as he sleeps well of a night but when he gets grizzly all day that drives me crazy Our MCHN told me that the bouncer wasn't a good idea too but some days i need the break and if it starts to disrupt his cot sleeping at night I will stop. I was sooo tempted to put him on formula too - then felt guilty. Things i have to avoid are caffeine, nuts, juice and some fruits. he has one formula bottle a day and more if we are traveling or i leave him with his dad.

My Dh is the same when we visit his family they drive him mad so he gets on the computer or locks himself up with his brother and listens to music etc while i get stuck with MIL cooking, cleaning and putting up with her snide comments ](*,). DH has two brothers and both are having babies this year though so that takes some of the focus off me.

I haven't given will solid food yet, but he watches us eating and looks very interested I had to start Molly aorund 17 weeks she was just so hungry and will is bigger and eats more than she did so he won't be too far away i dont think...

HI everyone

Well today was my grandfathers funeral and it went well. The service was really nice and mum hosted the wake at her house. DH did all the catering so we have had little sleep as made all cupcakes,volivonts and muffins last night and then all sandwiches this morning. I have been up since 5am as Jordan woke then for a feed. We have had a nap though when we got home so think hopefully we should have a good night sleep.

Jordan also had his vacinations today. DH took him while the wake was happening. I didnt want to go as would have fainted watching them inject him, I am a softy with those things.

Kell - Nice to see that Will is sleeping 6-8 hrs overnight, that would be heaven. We are slowl but surely increasing our night feeds.

Krisvee - There are so many things that can cause wind in bubs. I try to wite things down that I ate differently if Jordan is particully unsettled. Atleast Louis is getting the wind of thru farting

Think I will try and get another sleep in before Jordans next feed. We are off the lakes entrance on saturday for a couple of days which should be nice. Our 1st family holiday

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast