Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #4

Hi All!

Kristie - Benjamin won't go to sleep unless one of us are in the room lying next to him. Some days we have to wear him out by playing with him a lot before he'll get tired and cranky and go to sleep as soon as the dummy is put in. We want to move him into his cot eventually because he's taking over our bed, and DH is getting cranky because he doesn't get much cuddle time with me because of Benjamin being in the middle.

Kazzy - I hope your son heals quickly [-o< it must be horrible trying to keep him away from Eden?

Bonnie - I hope your poor pooch gets better soon!

Melissa

I tried to post earlier, but I'm not sure it worked. I have found with both my girls that as long as I wrap them and put the dummy in (I usually end up wrapping the dummy into their mouths) they go to sleep without a problem....with Kat we stopped the wrapping when she started craling a lot and the dummy about a month before that when she started crawling......now we have no problem getting her to sleep. She usually has her bottle in bed and falls straight asleep after it...

Kazzy Guest

Hi All,

well Eden has lost some weight. She lost 110 grams in 2 days which is wuite a bit. I have had her checked by the doctor and he seems to think she is healthy - may be just a milk supply problem as she has dropped some feeds. I am waking her to feed her thru the night now and will keep demand feeding. She is never really starving though - hopefully she is OK. ANyone elses bubbas lost weight??

I'll keep you posted - fingers crossed for me that she porks up and that my milk is enough for her.

Kazzy

Kazzy - Dylan lost weight from my supply being down, but he WAS starving... he would cry after feeds as he was still hungry. I tried to build my supply up but doc said to give him a bottle after each feed. He has weaned himself now but is healthy, happy and putting on heaps of weight so I don't mind. You'll probably find it's just a temporary thing with Eden if she's not showning signs of being hungry. In Wonder Weeks is says that some babies will go off their food for a few days before a wonder week.

Kazzy, Emma's weight gain has slowed in the last month or so. I'm demand feeding too & my midwife said if she is happy & sleeping & lots of wet nappies then it's fine. She asked me if I thought she was hungry & if she watches us eat - I think she was going to suggest solids! :shock: But there's no way I'm going to for a while yet, especially as my supply is fine & she is allowed to feed as much as she wants, so I know she's not hungry. It can be a bit daunting though when they arent gaining though cant it?

Jess is a little porka. She's 6.4kgs! Her head circ is on the 100%ile, her weight is the same, but she's only average legnth so she's a little rolly polly! She's been putting on almost a kilo every few weeks!

Hi!

Well Louis had his first day at the beach today! He had a dip in the water - just his legs - and I don't know if he loved it but he didn't cry - hehe. He was such a good boy sleeping all the way there and back and even had a little nap in our sun shade -hehe.
    I had a bit of a battle on my hands getting him to sleep but I eventually got him down in his cot without rocking him. Took about 30min though.

We had a bit of a rotten night last night and Louis decided to wake up at 5.30am this morning! I got fed him and made dh get up with him so I got to have an extra sleep until 9.20am! I so needed it though...

Melissa - Wow on still co-sleeping! I think it's a great idea but we can't sleep with all the noises Louis makes - We've never even had him in our room!

Kerrie - Thats great that the girls have gone to sleep so well! Wow Kerrie - you must have super milk with those weight gains!! hehe

Kazzy - Louis hasn't lost any weight but his gain has slowed down a bit now. Did the dr tell you to do anything??

Donella - That's interesting it says bubbas can go off food sometimes. Sometimes I'm sure that Louis must still be hungry and hasn't had enough but some days he doesn't want to feed all that much - then other times he just can't get enough! Who really knows huh? hehe.

Linda - it's funny you say that about solids - everyone I've spoken too - espeially MCHN said to avoid solids at this age. I've given Louis a couple of little tries and he gulps it down but I don't want to give him too much. My sister at this age had my nephew already on apple & pumpkin! I'd be way to scared to try that yet - although Louis watches like a hawk when we eat and even copies putting the spoon/fork up to his mouth and chews - hehe.

I must say I get the guilts up sometimes when he wakes up for feeds through the night because I find myself getting frustrated only because I'm tired. Also I know he's gone through a few times so it would be nice if he would continue that.... I don't know where you get the energy from Linda!

Where's everyone up to in feeding - Bf or bottle? I'm currently still b/f but everyday the thought crosses mymind to try formula. Only because I'm getting so tired getting up all the time and with going back to work at the end of the month it would be nice that dh could give a bottle and/or we could have some time out with babysitting. Does that sound bad??

I'm still bf Kristie - what energy were you talking about? 8-[

Kazzy Guest

Kristie - I am still fully breastfeeding and hope to keep doing so. The doctor just said to increase my milk supply. I have the opposite dilema to you - Eden sleeps thru and I need to wake her to feed. The sleep is great but the worry of her having lost weight prevents me from sleeping anyway. I'd rather be up and feeding her, knowing that she is OK. You watch - she will gain heaps of weight and stop sleeping thru the night and I will probably complain!!! Don't let me!!! (He he)

im back,we had a fantastic week away.chantelle really went with the flow,we took her fishing,the boys caught 3 squid and the look on there faces when they reeled them in was priceless.we will be taking them fishing more often,they loved it.we went to the beach every day,we didnt take chantelle in but we did put her in the pool there at the resort.she didnt like it much as she was due for as sleep and that just ****ed her off.
    we went bush walking under some water falls and that was the highlite of the holiday it was beautiful.the weather was great the first few days and then it became overcast but was still very warm so it didnt stop us doing anything,chantelle got burnt on the second day,her little face was all pink and i felt very very bad,naughty mummy,the boys got burnt too but that was because they refused to put on more sunscreen when i told them to come in to get some.we also went out for dinner a couple of times and she slept during dinner on every occasion.
    im a bit sad to be home as it is back to the same routine day in and day out but i guess we had to get back to reality soon enough.
    on the sleep issue,chantelle is still sleeping the same since birth,she wakes for one feed only usually somewhere between 3am and 5 am.im not complaining.we are putting her into her cot tonight for the first time.i am a bit worried i wont hear her if she cries,i have a monitor but it is crap so i will pop out and get a better one tomorrow.she is 3 months old tomorrow,wow where has the time gone.
    anyway better be off,talk tomorrow.
    nikki

Nikki- its great Chantelle went so well while tou were away! Poor little mite with the sunburn, did she cope with it ok? It is so hard to protect them from the sun!

Linda - Only because of you saying that you feed whenever she needs it... I do that for Louis of course too but I wish that he would drop his night feed from now. I get the guilts up because I wish that it would be a bit easier - hehe! I suppose that's never going to happen with kids! hehe. What I would do for a nice 7-8h sleep without an interruption...

I know that it's important for Louis to have his feeds - he's basically caught up now after only weighing 5lb 14 at birth - he is now around the 6kg mark - so all that feeding has been excellent for him - i suppose now I'm just starting to feel a bit drained....

Kazzy - I completely understand that you would be worrying. I'm sure everything will be ok!

Nikki - I'm so glad you had a great week away! I feel the same about looking ahead to a whole new year - It makes you wonder how we'll get through it all sometimes! Good luck tonight with the cot!

Well we are home from lakes entrance and so glad to be here. Had to do lots of washing and cleaning up but cant wait to sleep in our own bed.
    Jordan was a little star on the way home. We left straight after a feed as the drive is about 4 hrs back home. We ended up getting home 1 1/2 hrs after his feed was due and he hardly girssled.
    After his 6pm feed i settled him in his cradle and......
    HE PUT HIMSELF TO SLEEP =D>
    I am so excited.
    It seems all the bubs are catching on slowly but surely.

Nicole - I am glad to see that you had a good time away. OOPS about the sunburn but dont worry too much about it.
    The mothers group in c/springs starts on 31st Jan if you are still interested I will be going to see what its like. Would love to meet you and Chantelle.

Krisvee - Glad Louis enjoyed the beach. Good to see that Louis is getting the hang of putting himself to sleep 30 mins is great I think.
    I am still breastfeeding and an getting a pump so i can express bottles as I am going back to work. Instead of formula why not express so that DH can share the night feeds....that way you get best of both worlds. You can also combine the b/f with the formula. What ever works for you though I am sure Louis will enjoy.

katkins - Yeah on Jess's weight. DOnt stress too much about fat rolls, Jordi is full of them. He was 7.3 kilo as his last "whale" in as we call them.
    The MH nurse said B/f babies pork it on in 1st 3 months and then even out. heres hoping.

I have updated our website with new photos if you want to check them out. Jordan is now full of smiles and I love it.

HUGS TO BUBS

Yeah - but remember she sleeps about 10 hours straight at night!! So I dont mind feeding her whenever through the day I get full nights sleep pretty much every night now!

Lucky your not in Melb or I'd ask for a baby swap! hehe. You must have the magic touch!!!! What's your secret???

Tracey - thats great Jordan did so well in the car!! We have a 2 hour trip on Monday & I'm really hoping it goes OK

I have updated Emma's site too if you want to take a look

LOL!!! I dont have one, I have somehow been really lucky. After Emma's last feed (she's having it now) I change her, wrap her & hold her while I sit here. I ussually end up holding her here for about 1/2 hour, but she probably doesnt need that long, I just enjoy the cuddle. I then put her in her cot & dont hear from her until morning! She has had a night feed 3 times in the last month! Mind you, she's not much of a day time sleeper

Linda - Emma is just gorgeous and I love all the photos. You can really tell she is a happy baby.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast