Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #5

Kell Guest

Tracey - I have been told that a breastfed baby cannot put on too much weight. Weight is not usually a concern until they get older and aren't fully breastfed I think. It's true once they start moving it changes things. Molly was a buddah baby and once she got moving she shed it all - so I wouldn't be too worried if i were you. Especially if you keep him on a fairly healthy diet when he starts solids you shouldn't have a problem..

We have had a nightmare two days - i think Will has hit his 16wk growth spurt (i'm hoping that's all it is) he just will not sleep all day and that would be fine if he wasn't screaming in between feeds....at least DH is off work and can help.

Melissa - Will was smaller than Molly, but then he was three weeks early. Most people i know have had bigger second babies but not hugely bigger.

I have started giving away some of Molly's old clothes, we are sticking with 2 i think. Both of my BIL's and my sister are having babies this year so rather than sell on ebay I have to spread them around..

Kazzy Guest

YAY - finally got my ticker to work. Here is a recent photo of Eden. YAY!!!!

Kazzy - I just checked out your website. Eden is a cutie pie.

All the October bubs seem to be gorgeous. Must be because all their mums are hotties

oh hello eden nice to finally meet you,she is beautiful.
    my babies got smaller as they came.my first was 7.8
    my second was 6.1 and my third was 5.13 so go figure.
    well i had a **** day with chantelle,she hardly slept a wink and while she was awake which was all day she was a misery,could not keep her happy unless i was carrying her around and that got bloody tiring.she has been throwing real little tantrums latly,arching her back and crying with real anger in her voice,i dont like it very much i can tell you.its like she has just turned 2 or something,she is doing exactly what the boys did when they didnt get there own way but she is only 3 months old????????????????????????????????/????
    my ebay count is up to $500.00 woohooo!!!!!!
    nikki

\/ 7 HOURS SLEEP \/

Can you beleive it?????? Jordan was fed at 10pm and didnt get up for feed until 5am this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I did have to get up twice to stick his dummy back in and change him as he had leaked his nappy but that was ok.

The only down side to this was that my boobs were SO HUGE AND SORE by the time feed time came around. Even after he drank I expressed to get rid of the rest and got 5 ounces out. I am going to keep expressing today so I can fill another bottle. I will have 4 frozen then which is good.

Nicole- Yeah on the e-bay auction. If I didnt want to have another baby I would certainly look into auctioning all his 000 clothes.

What a scorcher it is today and tomorrow is going to be worse. We missed the huge storm last night which was good. It rained a little but nothing dramatic like the forcast was.

My friends bought their bubs around this morning. She is 6 months old and is soooo much lighter than Jordan. When I picked her up I nearly threw her thru the ceiling You get used to your bubs weight and then get shocked with other bubs. I have good arms now thats for sure.

Hope you all handle the heat well, and bubs to.

Kazzy Guest

Tracey - that is great about the sleep - I know what you mean about the sore boobs. Keep expressing though so that if Jordan has a growth spurt your milk supply is still up. I made the mistake of not expressing when Eden started sleeping thru and when she had a growth spurt and wanted more - I didn't have it. My milk supply is getting better now though after much effort.

We did get the storm and it was HUGE. My DS was petrified. Hail and everything, supposed to get it again tonight!!!! I don't like the storms at all because it stresses my son out so much. Hopefully he will get used to it.

Thanks for signing Eden's guest book too - I am trying to figure out how to get more photos on it - maybe tonight. I will put one on of my son and hubbie and I too.

Lazy day today. My parents took Brandan until the late afternoon and he had a ball. I went to physio and DH looked after Eden. Too easy. Great to have my parents so close by and they are great with the kids.

I sold some of Brandan's baby clothes on Ebay too ages ago and made some spending money too. I LOVE ebay.

Brandan was heavier than Eden, he was 7lb 12oz - or 3.5 kilo. If Eden hadn't been early, then she probably would have been very similar in weight. I haven't heard that babies get bigger or smaller, just that labour is supposed to be quicker and maybe easier. Can't help you there either as I had a ceaser second time round.

Has anyone ever done Pilates before?????? I am hoping to get to a class once a week to strengthen my back - would be interested to find out what someone who has done it thinks of it.

Nikki - where in Melb are you?? I was thinking that maybe when your boys go back to school, we could try and meet up somewhere for a coffee with the girls - and anyone else who is down this way. I am in Geelong, and am not too familiar with Melb, but can king of navigate if it is on this side of Melb. Are you far away from Werribee/Hoppers Crossing??????

Talk later.

Kazzy
    xx

would love to kazzy,how about we meet up at werribee,maybe tracey and kriustie will come also.
    nikki

Hi All!

Just thought I'd add a piccy to my ticker, once I finally worked out how to shrink it first. It doesn't look like Benjamin has any hair, but he does, he's just really blonde on top.

Melissa

Kazzy Guest

Nikki - that sounds great. I know Werribee quite well. Maybe in Feb when your boys go back to school - or before that if you like. Tracey and Kristie - It would be great if we could all meet up somewhere.

Melissa - Benjamin is a real spunky little dude! I agree with Tracey - all of the October babies are gorgeous bubs.

As for how many children we are having - just the two. My family breeding days are over. YAY!!

I don't think my body could handle anymore. I am really happy with having two healthy kids. I think that even if Eden had of been a boy, I would still have only had two. I am glad to have my little boy and my little girl, but at the end of the day - just feel blessed to have two healthy children. A friend of mine has decided to stop at one and often gets criticised for having an only child. I reckon that it is up to each individual and having an only child does not mean they are going to be lonely. My only thoughts on having one child was that when Brandan is older and Graham and I are no longer here, then he has no other immediate family to help support him. Atleast if he has a sibling (Eden) they will still have each other. A bit macabe, I know, but I always think pretty differently to the average person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was reading in the paper about that poor little boy whose mother was killed in the bus crash. I cried for him, just imagined that he was Brandan, lost his Mummy - how terrible and unfair. I hope he has a close relationship with his Dad and step mum. The though of not seeing my kids grow up is just horrible. Sorry guys - what a bummer of a topic to talk about. Just feeling very greatful I suppose that I have my two 'presents' as I call them. When my son asked me what I was getting for Christmas, I told him that I already had the best presents in the world - him and Eden. He had the biggest smile on his face. SInce then, Brandan says to me quite often 'Mummy - you already have the best presents, don't you? Me and Eden' Talk about feeling pride in your children!

Kazzy
    xxxx

Kazzy Guest

I have put a couple more photos on the web page if anyone is interested.

Kazzy

Kazzy - both your kids are gorgeous! It looks like Eden will have the same lovely blue eyes as her brother!

We're only planning on 2 kids also (unless we get twins next time around... hope not!!!) I'd love a girl next time, but as you say it's much more important that they are happy and healthy than worrying about gender. We'll have a couple of years in between I think. Our house atm is not big enough for a 2nd so we'll have to either extend or move.

It's so bloody hot I can't stand it! It reached 43.2 here today and is going to be 41 again tomorrow. It's 34 in Dylan't room. I think I'll have to try getting him to sleep without wrapping him cos even though we only use a very thin muslin wrap with no clothes underneath he's still really hot and sweaty.

My mum and I took him to a movie this afternoon! Our cinema has a Crying Room which is soundproofed and we were the only ones in there. Dylan slept for the 1st hour then had a bottle and sat on my knee and watched the rest of the film. He was great - didn't fuss at all!

Hope everyone else is handling the heat ok.

Kell Guest

Hello...

Well I can't say that I envy any of you in Adelaide or Melbourne - we are expecting about 33 today which is pleasant compared to your 41+! Will still gets sweaty whe nhe sleeps here tho, so I am thinking about weaning him off wrapping even tho we use light wraps etc. Molly was wrapped until she was 10 months or so but that was through winter.

I have just checked out all your websites and don't we have a gorgeous group of babies - and photos never really do them justice they are always cuter in real life. Will looks a lot like his sister at this age, hsa anyone else found resemblences between their children? We are happy with one boy, one girl although having sisters myself I would have liked Molly to have a sister. So who knows maybe in a year or so we'll change our minds and have a third...

Donella - the movies sounds great! We have nothing like that close by so I couldn't take Will. It would be a great place to get out of the heat.

Nikki - Will does the exact same thing, arching back screaming etc. He gets over tired and then is really hard to get to sleep *sigh*. When he arches his back in can sometimes mean bad wind too, he does ENORMOUS burps which Molly thinks are hilarious.

Kazzy and Nikki - I would love to meet up some day. I only have wednesdays off work though so would only be able to make it that day.

Kazzy - I checked out the rest of your photos, your family is gorgeous. The harness doesnt look to uncomfortable for Eden but I bet she is glad when she has it off.

Kell- It is a bit hot down here at the moment and for the next week we have nothing under 30 degrees. I think Jordan will be spending most of his time in a singlet and a nappy.

Donella - that soundprrof room sounds awesome, what cinema complex is that at? Our cinemas has mums and bubs movies once a month in the regular cinema. I find it easier to leave Jordan with Jamie and go out with my girlfriends. That way Jamie gets father son time and I get a break.

Well we did it again but this time 7.5 HRS SLEEP and no waking at all. I put him to bed at 10.00pm after he had only one side and I didnt hear form him until 5.45am. =D>
    I expressed the boob he didnt have at 10pm so wouldnt wake up acky again. I have now 210ml in a bottle. Will fill it to 260 and then freeze it. My bottle supply is now at 4, so will be 5 with this one. As I need 3 a day when I am back at work I want to have atleast 6 frozen so I am always a day ahead and if I have a low supply day it wont matter if I dont fill 3 bottles.

For all the Melb people, keep cool today

HUGS TO THE BUBS

tracey wednesday is fine for me,i can go any day,how about you kazzy,is wed ok.now we will just wait to see if kristie can make it also.
    we have 43 degrees today phew!!!!!

Hi!

Wow I haven't been on for a while. It's so hot today but we headed down to the beach this morning and it was sooo much cooler. Louis had a couple of dips in the water and I think he liked it - no tears and pretty mild temp. We had a muslin wrap around his arms and legs and baby banz and a big hat so there was no way any sun was on him - hehe. He looked very funny though. We're heading down again on Thursday so I'll have to take a picture and put it on the website.

We saw Billy Connelly on Friday night which was good. It went for ages though and I was very anxious by the time I got out about my little boy. I missed him sooo much. Before we went in my brother said he wasn't feeding so of course I was worried but he had by the time we got out. We picked him up and gave him a feed at home (12.30am) and then slept through to 7am!

Then last night (in boiling heat...) he slept from 7.30pm (woke him up at 10.30 for a feed) through to 7.30am!Woo hoo!!! Of course I was up at 6.30am checking on him and then couldn't get back to sleep. Typical. So he's been such a good little boy. I'm going through this sooky stage where I'm just so happy and love our little family so much!! I think I needed to just get through those first 3 months - I found them really hard. Now it feels like things are getting much easier!

Anyway....

Kazzy – Yeah on Eden – I’m so glad to hear that it’s nearly time for her harness to come off! That will be great for both of you.
    He ended up drinking about 180ml each bottle! So lucky I had a bit for him – I’m still b/f only. I’m holding off on the formula as long as I can. I think the expressing has been helping to boost supply definitely!
    Kazzy it didn’t take long at all to get our baby bonus – we put it in the week after he was born and the following week we were buying a couch and air conditioner – hehe.
    Yep – I’ve done pilates before. I think every class/teacher is different though – It will be great for your back & your stomach – all the core strength muscles.
    Great idea on meeting up – I’m free during the day most days. Wednesday is fine. Tracey where abouts do you live?? I’m in Croydon Nth so anywhere in the city would be great - That’s probably about half way… let me know what you want to do…

Kell – I’m glad to hear Will’s fine with his hips – that’s great. Sorry you had some bad days – It makes so much difference when you can have some help!

Donella – I know what you mean about the heat! We’ve got our air con on and last night it still got to 33 inside! It’s creeping up again today. I’m so glad we got on though this summer – god knows what it would be like without it. I can’t remember ever having a summer so hot in Melbourne. Louis is sleeping surprising well for it though. We’re still wrapping him – he just sleeps way better if he’s wrapped. He usually wiggles his arms out anyway at some stage. Yeah on Dylans weight gain!
    Ooh – I want to go to the bubba movies – they don’t start here until school goes back but I’m definitely going – I’ll get to see all the movies that dh doesn’t want to see – hehe.

Nikki – Yeah on the ebay sales! We’re not selling anything as we’re planning on more bubbas! Someone asked if I want a girl next but I said it doesn’t bother me because I know how to have a boy now…they looked at me very puzzled. Hehe. I think you fall into the trap of knowing what the next bubba will be like/how to handle it but of course they’ll be completely different and I’ll have to learn it all over again hehe…
    What a gorgeous picture I have in my head of your bed filled with little bodies! Hehe. I know it must be frustrating but it sounds so cute!
    Sorry to hear you had a bad day as well. We all get them from time to time and we will never know why…hehe.

Melissa – I hope the bubbas don’t get any bigger but I’m sure mine will. Louis was born 5lb 14 only and was 2 weeks early…I’d be happy if they stayed that size as he was all healthy and caught up very quickly – I at least hope they’re not smaller anyway…
    Gorgeous picture of Benjamin!

Tracey – I didn’t hear the storm. Then again going to bed at 1am (the latest since having Louis) I wouldn’t be surprised if I didn’t even hear it…
    I wouldn’t stress about his weight – however I would stretch him out at night if I was you – if only for your own sanity. I did that with Louis. If he’s really hungry he’ll let you know and won’t settle…Louis is down to 5 feeds. He feeds 4 hourly through the day and then a big sleep overnight…reading more posts – Yeah!!! Well there you go! LOL on throwing bub to the ceiling – hehe.
    I agree on all the gorgeous bubbas! We’re all sooo lucky!

O.K – I hope I’ve caught up with everyone – what an epic post! Hehe!

Now for a question – are any of you planning solids at 4 months or are you going to wait until 6 months?? I’ve been reading the September forum and a lot of them have started at 4m….just wondering…Louis can eat and swallow rice cereal (tried a couple of times) but I don’t think he’s hungry for it yet…

Hey everyone!!

Long time no hear. Heat has been unbearable the last four days. Our air-con is really struggling ATM. I am soooo glad it's cooling down now. We haven't even left the house. We were invited to a birthday party last night, but DH went without us. The party was outside and the temperature was ridiculous. But other than that, things are great.

Tristan is still a eating, pooing and spewing machine. Haven't had a chance of doing much housework because he's only having 20-30min sleeps at a time. He's starting to move around alot too. He pushes himself around on his back with his legs. Also he's almost rolling and sitting up by himself. too. Yay. This week we started putting him in the Jolly Jumper. He thinks it's fantastic!!!

And................. I think his teeth are starting make a move. His gums feel different and it hurts a bit more when I feed. Also he's chewing on everything he sees: his hand, my hand, any toy he grabs on to etc.

Hi Kristie - We're going to see Billy Connolly on March. Can't wait. We've got a few of his shows on DVD. Fantastic. Good idea about the muslin. I didn't think of that when we tried putting Tristan in the water. When the weather cools down, we'll go to the beach again. And you're absolutely right. The first 3 months are the hardest, now the fun is starting. I love playing with Tristan in his tunnel gym and reading him stories and all the other fun stuff. And, It's great how Louis and Tristan are both great sleepers at night!!!!

Kazzy - Fantastic news about Eden's harness. I bet it's more frustrating for her to have it on. Soon you wont have to worry about it anymore. I've just seen the webpage. She's such a cutie!!!! I've decided I want 3 kids, but DH only wants 2. A compromise is 2 and a half but that doesn't work so it has to be 3 then!!!!!!!

Deancey - Fantastic about Jordan's sleep. You won't have to get up to put the dummy in soon, he'll sleep right through. I know what you mean about bb's feeling huge and sore. Feels like sleeping with two rocks!!! It'll probably take a few days for your supply to adjust. My supply is still getting used to me giving Tristan one formula bottle a day.

Dee - What fantastic weather we're having in dear old Adelaide!!!!!!! NOT. Which Cinema has a crying room? I think that idea is fantastic.!! Every cinema should have it. We're in the same boat. Our house is too small for a second baby, so we'll have to move. Wouldn't twins next time around be fun??? Joking!!! One at a time is fine.

I'll have to catch up more later. I've just got word that Kangaroo Island have fires and I have to ring Mum and Dad. They live in the main town there so they should be ok. Ring to make sure.

Speak soon.....................Bonnie

Tracey - it sounds like Jordan's got the hang of sleeping through. You must be so pleased!

Kristie - I'm going to start Dylan on solids when he seems to need them after 4 months. If he's not seeming hungry I'll wait till I think he needs more than milk. I don't see any reason to start him earlier if he's putting on enough weight (other than my curiosity at what his reaction will be!)

Bonnie - hope your parents place is ok. DHs uncle lives there also (at penneshaw) so I hope they're all doing all right. We had heaps of smoke here from KI as we live near the beach and it all blew up this afternoon. There was so much I though it was a local fire! We're going down to KI at the end of Marchg for a week. I've never been there and am really looking forward to it. The cinema with the crying room is at West Lakes. If you're ever on this side of town we could go catch a film together and our little boys (and us!) can meet!

Dylan is grabbing at everything and trying to shove it in his mouth. He gets really cross with the toys on his tunnel as he grabs tham but can't pull them close enough to eat them! He rolled onto his side on his own for the first time today.

Donella - congrats on Dylan rolling himself over, thats fantastic. =D>

Bonnie - our air con is struggling also. we have evaporative cooling so you have to ave the right amount of windows open or it doesnt work......
    its still about 27 degrees in here but cooler than outside.

Krisvee - Nikki and Kazzy want to meet in Werribbe as Kazzy from Geelong and that is half way between the 3 of us. How far is Croydon from Werribee? I dont even know where Croydon is? I dont get around much. I am not really giggy with going into the city, I have a phobia of driving in there. Somewhere suburban is better for me.
    Jamie bought some Farex yesterday but I dont really want to start Jordan on that until the breast milk isnt filling him. He is putting on enough weight just with breastmilk. I dread to think how big he will get with solids added to the mix.

I am going to have another cold drink, it is horrible hear today. I can hear the air con struggling......too bad it aint going off

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast