Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #6

Linda - try ebay US. There are usually quite a few on there and cheaper than oz ones even with postage and exchange rate! I got mine for about AU$12 although that took 8 weeks to arrive as it was surface post! ](*,)

Thanks heaps Donella - I'll try that! :flower:

Nikki - Great you had a better nights sleep! Victoria still isn't sleeping through either which is a bugger but I suppose it means we get more cuddles in the night though.
    We will be moving into my mums to begin with and she is in Blackburn, where are you? We are going to try to buy something around christmas time out ringwood way. I have been working heaps up here, I only had 2 weeks off and I have been back there pretty much full time up until this week where I have only done 2 mornings which is lovely. I have a really great boss and I take Victoria in with me and when she needs feeding I feed, if she is sick of being there, I go home. She has let me work around my munchkin from the start.
    It is exhausting though! And i dont get anything around the house done ever.
    I am really looking forward to the move. Looks like my old boss is keen to get me back with him for 2 days so that will be good, not to mention easy.

Crap - gotta go, The princess has had an explosion all over her play mat!

I will catch up better with everyone later.

Yeah It's Friday \/

I got paid today for the 1st time in 4 months. I am not overally excited about being back at work but rapted about the extra money coming in.

Nicole- I left a message for the hillside playgroup so will wait for them to call me back. I hope they have something for us. I would like to meet more mums around here. It will be great for when the kids are older.

Cindy- Dont worry about Victoria not sleeping thru. A lot of the Oct bubs are still getting their early AM feeds. Like you I don't mind the extra cuddles in the wee hours when he feeds. I would like him to go back to sleep straight away though instead of thinkings its play time.
    ABout the explosion.

Dee- sounds like you have a good group to keep meeting up afterwards. I hope there are nice people where I end up going.

Hope you all have a nice weekend I will no doubt be in here sometime over the weekend.

Hi everyone.

Ver quick one today.

Not a happy chappy. Tristan and I are both sick with the dreaded loogy that's going around. Panadol is working wonders ATM. I didn't realise that I wasn't supposed to take cold and flu tablets because of the pseudoephedrine in them. Keeps bubs up all night, so I can't breastfeed until tomorrow. B**bs hurt like crazy. I'll have to express after I get off the computer.

Hi Tracey. With cradle cap, try paw paw cream. It's in a red tube and you can get it from the supermarket. I've used it whenever Tristan gets it and it goes away everytime. He hasn't had it for weeks now.

I can't stop blowing my nose, so I'll go.

Keep well everbody...........Hugs, Bonnie

It's so quiet in here - I guess everyone's having a busy weekend.

Bonnie - sorry to hear you and Tristan are both sick. Hope you get better soon. I just tried to get the paw paw cream you mentioned and Coles don't have it. Which supermarket stocks it?

Kazzy Guest

Hi Guys,
    haven't been on for a while - too busy swimming and doing pilates!!!! Back is still stuf*ed - giving it to the end of the week and then I will go to GP and ask for a referral to get some scans done. It is amazing how consuming it has become - it is all I seem to be able to think about!! Any advice on how to make it better would be SO WELCOME if anyone else has had back problems.

Eden and Brandan are great. Eden rolled for the first time last week from front to back - amazing seeing that she has only had tummy time for the last two weeks. She is now 6.2 kilos and 62 cms long. Eden feeds at around 5 amish too - although some nights she slips in an extra feed too - I am happy to still demand feed her though.

Brandan loves Kinder and the teacher says that he is a standout. He helps the special needs teacher with twins who are autistic. I am so proud of him even though he is being such a little bossy four yr old (nearly) at home sometimes!!!

I have not booked Eden in for her needles yet - she goes for her last ultrasound next Wed for her hips so I will wait until after that.

Sorry I haven't been on for a while - you know what it is like when you feel a bit [email protected] - I know that there are people alot worse off though so I will try and not complain.

Pilates again tomorrow night - fingers crossed I am on the right track.

Glad to hear that the bubbas are doing well. WOuldn't it be great if there was some way we could all meet!!!!!

SOrry no personals - i will hopefully have more time next week. Keep your fingers crossed for me that things start to improve please!!!!!!

Love Kazzy
    xxx

Kazzy - I hope you get your back problems sorted soon - sounds awful!

Well we had an awful night last night. Emma was up 3 times - 11.30, 3am & 4.45. At 4.45 I brought her into bed with us. I dont know for sure what the problem was, but it has been very hot here, so that could be it. We both had a nap this afternoon though which was nice.

Hi girls.

Still stuffy and feeling yuck.

Linda - Our babies must have telepathy. Tristan was up most of the night last night too. He ended up in our bed around 4am. Poor bub.

Dee - I got the paw paw ointment from Bilo. Chemplus has it too. It comes in a red tube or a little red container.

Nose is still running so I'll go. I hate being sick.

Hugs........................Bonnie

linda and bonnie i knaow exactly what you went through last night i posted a couple of days ago about chantlle doing exactly the same thing.
    linda did you bid on the wonder weeks i was going to but missed it,it got to about $33.00.there was also a buy it now one that was for $40.00
    i cant remember who has it but i was wondering if at the start of each week you could post just a short note on what we are supposed to expect.it will help me prepare for anything that might be around the corner.
    well this might not sound very nice,although i love my little ghirl to peices i have just about had enough of her this past week,she has developed a nasty little temper and just seems to scream at just about everything at the moment,i can tell there is not anything wrong with her,she just seems to nhave learnt how to protest against everything from the way she is being held,to going in the car,going to bed,everything,she is hardly giving me any down time,i just need abit of a break at the moment and dh is absolutly flat out with everything and the boys are not very helpful at all!!!!!
    i had a good talk to the boys about helping me out by just picking up after them selves,they expect me to do everything,so they have agreed to help.i have put a reward system in place.they get $20 every saturday and if i see something of theres lying around i will take away $1.it is up to them to decide how much of there $20 they end up getting each week,they are quite excited about the whole idea and thought it was great fun tonigh cleaning up after themselves.
    well we have just had our outdoor spa fixed today(it has been broken for about 8 months) so dh and i are going in for a late night dip.
    thanks for reading
    love nikki
    p.s kell and tracey lets make a date for the next fortnight to catch up

Hi girls. Hope you've all had a nice weekend. I haven't been on the forum for a few days. You guys have been busy again so I've had lots to catch up on.

Can't believe it's Sunday already! It's been sooo hot here that we have Gussy in the portacot in the loungeroom (our only room with airconditioning) to try to keep him cool. DH and I slept in there with him last night and will probably do so again tonight. Doesn't make for a very restful night cause he's such a talkative sleeper!

Kazzy, I'm so sorry to hear about your poor back. I hope that the swimming and pilates start to give you some relief. One of my best gf's has just discovered that her back pains are caused by one of her legs being about 1/6 of a cm shorter than the other. Apparently the different balance of weight while she was pregnant brought it to a head. She's going to get an inner sole to raise that foot slightly and apparently it will make a massive difference to her pain. Wouldn't it be wonderful if yours could be cured simply! BTW Isn't Eden a clever little thing learning to roll so quickly. Does she hate tummy time so it's her sneaky way of bringing it to an end quickly?

Bonnie, Hope you and Tristan are feeling much much better by tomorrow. Be careful of your bb's and make sure you express as regularly as you usually feed Tristan. Would be horrible to end up with mastitis to top things off. xx

Donella, I'm pretty sure I've seen pawpaw cream in Woolworths. I've also seen it in quite a few pharmacies. Haven't tried it though. BTW, after reading your posts about developmental weeks, I'm soo keen to get my hands on a copy of the Wonder Weeks. Was outbid on a copy on eBay today.

Tracey, Congratulations on your first post baby pay cheque. Must have helped take the edge of the week.

Cindy, Tori sounds like she's a darling! Must be lovely to see her developing so nicely! Your move to Melbourne sounds like a clever idea. The family support once you are geographically close will be welcome I'm sure. Wish my family lived closer so they could see more of the little daily changes that take place rather than just seeing him once a month or so.

Nikki, I hope Chantelle has been letting you get a lot more sleep over the weekend. I'm finding it so much harder these days to get up more than once or twice through the night - so I feel for you. Seems we are moving into the age where we might finally start to get out of the habit - thankfully!

Kristie, Loved your comment that Louis' shorts are finally starting to look like shorts rather than long pants. Just this week I noticed the same thing with Gussy. He's now 60cm long but only weighs 4.5kg - so for his weight he's long and thin - but even so his legs seem swamped by shorts! Gussy has his last feed about midnight and then his next one about 5am. He seems to prefer to feed in smallish amounts often so still has about 7-8 feeds a day.

Linda, Wow on joining a gym. I keep thinking I should.... How is it going? Does it feel nice to have endorphins pumping through your body again? Are you doing classes or working out with weights/equipment? How is Emma handling the creche? Must be tricky trying to coordinate feed times if you are doing classes.

Kerrie, Gus has started having shorter nap through the daytime in the past 3 weeks or so. Must be so much trickier for you with Kaitlyn as well. How are you going, really? DH and I are talking about having baby number two close in age to Gussy. I think I need a reality check - so your comments would be really helpful!

Kell, Am sorry to hear little Will seems to be suffering while teething. Poor little man. Gus had a tooth start to come through about 6 weeks ago and it has now gone back up into his gum. So he went through two bouts of the grizzlies with nothing to show for it! So frustrating!

Melissa, How are Benjamin's eyes. Has the conjuctivitus stayed away? Poor little man.

This has turned into a mamouth post, so will sign off here.

Hi!

What a past a weekend we've had!!! On Friday Louis rolled for the first time from back to front! He's only done it a few times so far. Then he's decided he can sit up all on his own. He kind of holds on to his legs or feet and can stay like it for quite a while. (of course I stay right with him making sure he doesn't face plant! hehe) Then today he was on his tummy and brought his knees right under him and tried to kick off - he only moved a tiny bit though. I couldn't believe all of this happened in a few days. He's been such a good boy and settled down soooo much! It is definitely nice for a change! We've also had a few more giggles from him which has been great. He's been sleeping quite well - he always wakes at least once for a dummy and then I feed him anywhere from 5-6.30am and then he's back asleep - so he could be sleeping anywhere from 7pm - 7-9am! I also feed him at 10.30pm. So he's only sleeping around 2-3 hours through the day which is fine.

Anyway....

Donella - wow your group sounds organised. I've found that with out group we all started to get along better once we started gas bagging and finding out a little bit more about each other. Great idea with the girls night.
    Sounds like that books spot on! I'll have to try and get a copy.

Cindy - What a big job moving - I suppose if you do a bit each day it won't be so painful at the time! I'm glad Victoria is well!
    Wow - I live in Croydon Nth which is about 15min from Blackburn and 5min from Ringwood!! We'll have to catch up when you settle in! I'd love to meed Victoria!
    That's great with work - will you be working down here?? what work do you do??

Nikki - Hope Chantelle has settled down for you!

Tracey - It must feel nice to get paid! It's always a good day on pay day -hehe.

Bonnie - I'm so sorry to hear that your both sick - thats no good at all. I'm dreading that time! I worry to because at work all the kids want to touch Louis and play with him. I'm hoping it just builds his immune system...??? I hope you both feel better tomorrow!

Kazzy - Sorry to hear your back is still giving you so much trouble. Sorry if you've mentioned it but have you tried a physio??? I'm glad to hear that Eden is doing well. What a clever girl to catch up so quickly!

Linda - I hope Emma has settled down. It sounds like we've all had nights like that lately!!!

I hope you all had a great weekend!

Sorry! It didn't look like it was working!

Kristy - I'm glad to hear that Gussy boy is doing so well - it must be hard keeping him cool in the hot weather - He's such a good boy! You must be sooo proud of him!

kristie,same thing has happened to me.i thought that my puter was playing up.sorry bout that girls you dont have to read my post 3 times if you dont want to LOL!!!
    by the way i meant to write
    kazzy and tracey lets catch up in the next fortnight,not kell,sorry kell!!!!!
    nikki.
    oh by the way our dip in the spa was sensational..........

Kell Guest

That's ok Nikki, I didn't think you really wanted me to go to Melbourne for coffee the spa spunds nice, it's good to have 'couple' time, if you can get the break from the kids! Good idea to get the boys helping pick up after themselves - hope it keeps working. I can understand the needing a break, do you have family who could take chantelle for an hour, or maybe you could look into occasional care at your local daycare. You need to look after yourself too!

Kirsvee - Glad to hear Louis is sleeping well for you. Will is also pushing off on his knees, but no rolling yet. Lots of giggles, he will wake up at around 3 or 4 and talk and giggle ti himself for a while and then go back to sleep which is very cute...

Kazzy - Wow at Eden's rolling so soon after the harness! You must be so thrilled that things are moving along so smoothly after having the harness off. I have no back suggestions...sorry.

Kirsty - At least it is meant to be cooler this week, hope that helps for Gussy.

Molly starts preschool on friday which she is just so excited about, and it is her third bday on thursday so we have a big week ahead. It will be nice to have that time to myself (with Will of course) while she is at school, Mon and Fri afternoons for two hours. Will is sleeping beautifully and is just so happy and giggly all day long, he is just delightful. I have to be careful though because he is making me want another baby...

Kristy - Benjamin's conjunctivitus disappeared the day after I got the stuff from the doctor for his eye. It's great stuff!

Benjamin had a little accident last week. My mum rang while he was sleeping, and I got up to answer the phone, not remembering that most times the phone rings and he wakes up, which this time wasn't an exception. I came running into the room when I heard the thud. Finding Benjamin on the floor on is tummy. I had thrown the phone down and picked him up and checked him out. The funny thing was, that he was enjoying being on his tummy on the floor checking out the cat that had run under the bed. He was smiling... He had rolled off the bed, regardless of the pillows! He just keeps rolling all the time. The cot is now his place of sleep, when I'm not in the room.

Benjamin is now finding that he can use his toes for just about everything, including a chew toy. He sticks his big toes in his mouth. I not only get wet hands, I get wet feet too...YUCK!

Bonnie - Get well soon!

Melissa

Nikki -the Wonder Weeks book isn't actually set out week by week. The WW we are all around at the moment is the 19 week one, and the "fussy" signs leading to that week can happen from 14 weeks to 19 weeks. I posted on the last page what signs to look out for over this period. Not all babies have 5 weeks of fussiness though! It's just that's the time frame in which the developmental leaps are occuring.

Are those of you wanting a copy trying US ebay? I found there were lots of 2nd hand copies going cheap there when I got mine... It's also worth looking at Amazon as they have links to 2nd hand shops who have it for only a few dollars (not all with ship to Oz but there is one selling it for US$1.79 who says they will ship internationally - this means you would probably get it for around AU$10 including shipping!) Just be aware that surface mail can take 8 weeks though, so you may prefer to pay a bit more for air mail. It's still cheaper than buying it new here!!

Wow on all Louis' achievements Kristie! He's obviously at the end of this development stage if he's settled back into routine and he can now experiment with all his new abilities. Such an exciting time for them!

Dylan still hasn't rolled right over yet. He gets very grumpy being on his tummy though and I usually only leave him like that for a couple of minutes as I know he doesn't like it. I guess he'll get over one day!

Hi Ladies

Donella - dont worry too much about DYlan not rolling yet, Jordan hasnt either. I figure as Jordan was born last of all the bubs, he will be a bit behind in most things. He isnt even 4 months old yet.

Melissa - Great the hear Benjamin's conjunctivitus went away. that would have been terrible for the little fella.

Kel; - Yeah on Molly starting pre school. what a big girl she is now. Glad to hear that Will is sleeping well. The laughs are just the best arent they!!!

Nicole - Would love to catch up. I am going a playgroup in hillside as of next wednesday. I will email you the details if you want to come along.

Krisvee - Congrats on Louis's rolling over, thats fantastic. He will be mobile in no time.

Well Jordan seems to be dropping back to 4 feeds a day now. He is going about 5 hrs in between feeds in the day and 6- 8 at night. He just laughs all day when he is awake, he is such a pleasure. We have the funniest walls in town by the way he laughs at them.
    We also have found a love for the game "BOO" he thinks its hilarious.

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

HUGS TO THE BUBS

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast