Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #6

Tracey - Benjamin loves us to say "A Boo!" to him, sometimes he jumps like he's scared, and then the most gorgeous laugh comes out.

Is anyone elses bubs "squealling"? Benjamin is a non stop talker and comes out with these high pitched squeals while he's at it.

Melissa

chantelle is not rolling either but she is letting out those fantastic squeels,arnt they great.........
    today she seems much happier,when she woke this morning after omly 20 minute nap,instead of picking her up i popped her dummy back in and she slept for another hour,i think i have not been giving her a long enough sleep.i thought all her temper tantrums may have been cos she was over tired,i hope we are on the right track,today she has been a pleasure.
    nikki

Nicole - I am glad to hear that Chantelle had a better day. Jordan hardly slept at all today.
    Hope he has a better day tomorrow as its my day off with him.

Melissa - Jordan is a squeler aswell. He laughs and then lets out a squel. its gorgeous. It just means we have happy babies, they way we like them.

Well think i am going to have an early night. It's 9.30 and might hop into bed and let Jordan sleep. I have decided not to wake him for his 9-10pm feed now. If he goes thru till 3am then so be it. He then wont feed again till 8ish and that suits me.

Goodnight all. :sleeping: :sleeping: Sleep vibes to all the BUBS

Kell Guest

Hi all

Will is just being a perfect baby atm, i don't know what i did but he is sleeping and eating to a perfect routine, and he so happy all the time! He is also squealing and laughing alot. He and his sister have squealing competitions which is fun at 7 in the morning Is anyone using cloth nappies? I was for about 2 months and then switched to disposables when Molly had her op etc, now i am thinking about going back but don't know?

Nikki - i hope you have solved the problem, it is such a relief when you finally figure out why they are grumpy or grizzly and can fix it!

Melissa - Will loves playing boo with Molly, it is so cute to watch! Will squeals lots, and loudly!

Kell thats great Will is going so well. We use disposables.

Sorry for no more personals - I'm way behind 8-[

Emma is waking for a night every night ATM but is otherwise going really well. We went to our Mums group today - it was amazing how much all the bubs have grown! Emma still isnt rolling as yet, I'm sure it will happen soon though.

Bonnie- I hope you are feeling better! I hate colds and cant even imagine not being able to take anything for it.

Kazzy - so sorry your back is hurting you! What happened to it? Does the pilates seem to be helping? I love pilates, I am going to get back into it when I get down to Melbourne hopefully.

Kristie - I would love to catch up for sure when I get there! Looks like DP will be coming down about 6 weeks after me and victoria though which is a pain but it means he can do all his training before he gets down there and then be ready to go straight away rather than having to come back up to the gold coast for it all later. He is worried about missing out on Victorias changes though as, like you said, it all happens within days doesnt it!
    I also find that she will be doning something one day and then the next its like she has never done it before and we have to teach her all over again.

When I come down I will be working, not much though, my old boss wants me back to do about 4 hours a day which is perfect really. I work in the dental industry, I am a dental assistant by qualification but I have been doing it for 11 years now and so I am more involved in the practice management and doing the books, etc. I love it! I just love meeting new people every day. Plus I dont have to pay for any dental work which will be a bonus when it comes time for kids to have braces etc.

Nikki- I hope for your sake that you have hit the jackpot with chantels cranky pant being due to sleep dep.I have had a few terror nights this week with the princess and her snotty nose and teething AGAIN! I just wish the little buggers would pop through finally.

i so cant wait to get to melbourne and find a mothers group. i couldnt find one that met on a day i could make it.

gotta go, the snotty nosed princess is calling me

Hi Everyone

Well Jordan is having a little unsettled time tonight. He went to sleep about 7pm and has woken about 5 times so far. He is asleep at the moment so heres hoping he stays that way atleast till the end of "house" (jamies and my favourite show)

Cindy - Hope your move goes smoothly

Sorry its short but house is starting.

Night all. :sleeping: Sleep vibes to bubs

Hi everyone, sorry I don't post much, but I do drop in and read what you're up to more often than I post. Not enough to keep up though... So sorry if I miss anyone!

Tamsin's going pretty well... She still doesn't have much of a predictable routine really, but she seems healthy and happy most of the time, so we're just going with it for now. I am starting to stress a bit about what will happen when I go back to work - even though that's not for another 3 months - but I'm sure it will be a bit more regular by then. We had a professional photographer come round for family photos this morning (probably the only ones we'll get done, at least until she's quite a bit older) so that was fun, even though Tamsin was a bit serious for them.

Cindy, I can't imagine being without DH for so long now that we have a baby to look after. Apart from that the move sounds good for you though, it's great that your boss wants you back again (always nice to know you're wanted )

Kell, Will and Molly playing together sounds like it would be lots of fun We're using cloth nappies with Tamsin, and apart from having to wash every day (would be every 2 days but half my nappies needed repairing and I haven't got them back yet) finding them really good.

Tracey, hope you and Jordan got lots of sleep!

Nikki, hope you're right about Chantelle's sleep being the problem, and well done getting her back to sleep when she woke up.

Melissa, Tamsin is squealing too, but unlike Benjamin she mainly seems to do it when she's tired or about to start grizzling...

Krisvee, how exciting that Louis is rolling from back to front! Tamsin gets stuck on her side, although she can go from front to back okay. IKWYM about the way they change so much in just a few days too

Kirsty, great to hear from you, and to hear that Gus is going well. Poor thing with the teething and nothing to show for it!

Bonnie, hope you and Tristan are heaps better now.

Hi to Donella, Linda, Kazzy, and anyone else I've missed (sorry if I have!). Stay well all!

hi all,
    well i had the lovely pleasure of meeting one of our girls today,
    i met up with deancey(tracey) for a quick lunch and i must say she was a georgous girl and so was her very well behaved little man.jordan was absolutly georgous and was so settled and relaxed,he was very happy to sit in his pram and watch everything going on around him and when he got tired tracey just popped him on his side and he went straight to sleep.what a good little boy and a very relaxed and confident mum,it was great to catch up with you tracey,we both agreed the next meet up that kazzy should be ready and available by then,it will be great so kazzy just let us know when you think you might be able to muster up a free wednesday.i had a great time and it was good to finally meet one of you lovely ladies,thanks again tracey.
    chantelle has been good again today,when she woke again this morning after only a short nap i popped her dummy back in and she slapt for another 1 and half hours and was very settled all day,i think that i may have worked it out as that has been 2 good days now,fingers crossed.
    chantelle is off to the hospital tomorrow to have har ultra sound done on her hips,i am confidant that the results will be good,will let you know tomorrow how she goes
    nikki

Hi!

I did a big long post last night and accidentally pressed a wrong button and lost it - grr! I hate it when that happens.

It was mainly a whinge about how Louis isn't sleeping through the night and I've been getting tired but then of course last night he slept through - well wanted a dummy and rewrap at 5am but then didn't wake me up until 7.30am! Yeah! I'm so used of feeding him though my boobs were so full and he couldn't even drink it all! hehe. It's funny how one good night can make you feel so much better. Louis is also staying up around 2.5 hours at a time now - is anyone elses bubs staying up that long! It's good though because then he's sleep generally brings him to the 4 hours feed mark.

Kell - What a big week for Molly - Sing her happy b'day from all of us on the forum!
    I'm so glad Will is going along well. I'm using disposables.

Melissa - Glad to hear Benjamin is fine - What a funny boy eating his toes! Wow on the rolling - Louis has still only done it a couple of times so far.
    Yep - Louis does a funny little squeal and giggle. I'm still working out the ways to make him laugh - he doesn't give them up easily. It's the best sound in the whole world though.

Donella - Louis only likes limited time on his belly still. Actually he likes limited time everywhere - I think he gets bored very easily!

Tracey - I'm so glad Jordan is doing well! Wow on the 4 feeds a day! I'm so hoping Louis settles back to 5 now. I'd like him to be down to 4 by six months when I give him his third solids feed (he's on 2 now) Of course it's not up to us - they do what the want and we go along with it - hehe.
    How did Jordan go the other day missing the 9-10pm feed? Did he wake up through the night??
    I hope Jordan settled down for you last night....

Nikki - I'm glad Chantelle has settled down again. Thats great the you and Tracey met up! Good luck with the u/s!

Linda - Glad to hear from you - I'm with you on the night wake ups. Hope she sleeps through for you soon.

Cindy - That would be great! If it suits our Mothers Group meets on Friday mornings. We're heading off to the Ringwood pools tomorrow with our bubs. 4 hours a day sounds great - who will look after Victoria?? Poor little thing with her snotty nose. I'm with you on the teething. Louis has been o.k the last couple of days but before that he was so grizzly and pulling on his ears and chewing so hard on everything. Poor little man. I've heard it can go on for months though...

Fenella - Good to hear from you - I'm glad to hear that Tamsin is going well! Don't stress about the routine thing - Louis and I have now routine as much as I try. Like you said though I'm sure in 3 months time things will settle down a little.

Hi guys,

Just popping in briefly to give you a quick update re Gussy's plagiocephaly. In addition to the skull being misshapen, x-rays and caliper measurements have now shown Gussy's eyes, ears, jaw, and forehead are also assymetrical due to the plagiocephaly. Good news is that by wearing a helmet for several months (best case 4 months, worst case 18months), this can be substantially improved.

An Orthotist took a plaster cast taken of Gus' head this week so the helmet can be specially made to the contours of his skull. Apparently it only takes a week and a half for the orthotist to make the helmet - so on that timetable our lil man will probably be wearing his helmet in about a week's time. He will need to wear it for 23 out of every 24 hour period. Hopefully the hottest weather is behind us - 'cause our little man is such a sweaty monkey that I dread to think of the sweat he'll generate under the helmet. he he.

Will catch up on posts and do personals a little later.

xx

Hi Kirsty - well it's great to hear that it can be fixed with a helmet! Lets hope that its only for the 4 months and that it doesn't annoy little Gussy too much. I'm sure he will get used to it though. That's excellent that they can get it organised so quickly also.

All the best!

kirsty,i would love to see some pics of our little gussy and you and dh,do you have any recent ones,i hope all goes according to plan with the helmet
    nikki

Hi Everyone

Well i am exhausted tonight. Jordan decided that at 4.30am he would have his early AM feed and then wouldnt go back to sleep. He stayed awake till 6.40am, I have to get up for work at 7am :shock: I got a bit of sleep about 40 mins, got up late. Total sleep for the night 5 hrs. NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!
    I think he slept too much yesterday. The plan for tonight is to wake him about 8.30, let him play for a bit, shower him and then feed him at 10pm and back to bed. Hopefully with this little awake time he will sleep thru till 5-6am. FINGERS CROSSED.

Nicole - I too enjoyed our lunch. James was such a spunky little boy, did the blue come off his shirt from the ice cream? Chantelle is such a petite little angel, so well behaved and you were gorgeous. Its so nice to be able to meet you finally and funny that we only live about 10 mins away.

Kirsty - glad to see that Gus boy is going ok. what a strong little man he is.

Krisvee - I am sure Louis well settle. Jordan is back to 5 feeds a day.....he goes up and down. I dont mind if he has the 5 feeds as long as he goes back to sleep after the 5am feed till atleast 7-8am.

I have been asked to change my work hrs to 7am -3.30am. this will mean an early feed for Jordan and then quick drop off. Since i am awake anyways might not be soo bad.

We might try it out.

ANyway I am going to clean kitchen before I wake the little man.

NIGHT ALL HOPE YOU ALL GET A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP :sleeping:

ooohhh thanks tracey,he is a spunky boy,you should see my other son,he is even spunkier,yes the blue icecream did come out,isnt he a dag!!!!!
    chantelles ultra sound went as expected,no problems detected with her hips,i was sure that would be the outcome and am pleased.
    just had a trip to the hairdressers,colour,cut and eyebrow wax,feel good for it,dh had a very difficult time with missy but and said he cant remember ever being so frustrated,cos he didnt know what to do for her as she was miserable,she is asleep now,guess she was over tired.
    anyway,off to bed
    nikki

well today I have had to take day off wrk as my MIL has hurt her back and wasnt able to look after Jordan.
    I took him around there for a visit anyway which was nice.

Nicole - Glad to see that Chantelles u/s was fine. you knew it would be though. must be a relief though.
    yeah on the haircut and wax. I so desperatly need my eyebrows done, think I might get that done this weekend.
    I have yet to recieve the stuff about the playgroup but will let you know when I get it.

Well we woke Jordan at 9pm last night kept him up till 10pm when I fed him and put him to bed. He was up at 4am for a feed and then slept thru till 8am \/ it seemed to have worked.

To all in Melb, hope your bubs are coping with the heat. Jordan is asleep in nappy and singlet. Air con doesnt seem to work well on these humid days

Hi!

It is warm in Melb today! Our Mothers group took the kids to the pools! It was so funny. Louis loved it and went under the water 3 times without taking in any water!! Also one of the mums had a floaty thing they can sit in and Louis loved it. Just sat back with arms on the rests -hehe. I'll definitely have to get him one. We'll go to the pools next weekend so that dh can see him in the water. I put his name down for swimming lessons but there is a 12 months wait!!! Thats crazy so I'll have to call around at some other pools.

Louis only woke once for his dummy at 5am this morning and then again at 7.20am for his feed - Woohoo - thats after going to bed at 7pm last night! I hope he keeps this up for a while now.

Tracey - You poor thing on the lack of sleep and going to work! I suppose thats one good thing with you MIL having a bad back - you get a day off! yeah! I'm glad Jordan seemed to have a better sleep last night.
    We've got the air-con pumping! I don't feel too hot - at least my washings getting dry!

Nikki - I'm so glad to hear Chantelles u/s was good! What a relief.

Kristie - 12 months wait is pretty harsh for swimming lessons. We just book in here and they're in straight away. You've reminded me that I have to book in Benjamin.

Cindy - When are you moving to Melbourne?

Benjamin has found out today what banana tastes like. He hated the taste of the rice cereal and pureed apple and mango in a jar, but absolutely adored the fresh banana I gave him. He kept trying to take the spoon everytime I loaded it and put it in his mouth himself. I came to a compromise with him, he held mummy's hand as it went in instead. It was all finished but he wanted more, I told him that he could have more tomorrow. Personally I think he wanted to lick the spoon and the bowl clean. I think we'll be making our own meals here for him and using the mixing wand to puree it.

Melissa

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast