Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #6

OMG Donella, how scary! Glad you're all okay. Hope the house hunting is going well.

Nikki, great to hear Chantelle likes her fruit. Hope you have some luck getting her to settle with the dummy at night.

Tracey, what a horrible day! Hope things are going much better today. Good to hear that Jordan handled the shots well though.

Kirsty, yay about Gus taking the milk okay! I have no idea what is generally worn for christenings, but I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding something nice for him.

Kerrie, I can't imagine how you do all you do with your two girls. I have enough trouble getting anything done and I only have one! I hope you find a place quickly so you can stop the hunting and have a bit of a rest (well as much as you can anyway).

Hi to everybody else as well, sorry for the lack of personals but I just can't keep up with everything that goes on! Tamsin is doing well and actually sleeping in her cot for a change (usually she falls asleep on my lap and wakes up if I try to move her) so I might try to get some housework done... Take care all

Donella sorry to hear about your car accident. Atleast you are all ok which is the main thing. I hate the noise of the actual crash, its awful.

Nicole - yeah on Chantelle eating the fruit. Hop you sort out her night waking. Its terrible when they go back to waking again as you get used to a bit of sleep again.

Well its terribly hot here today.

We took Jordan up to docs today as he had high temp and had thrown up his 4am and 8am feeds. Doc said he was fine. We have given him panadol and his temps is coming back down. He is alseep now which is good.
    I was really worried this morning as he threw up the entire feed, it was everywhere.
    I have so much washing to do as had to strip his bed and ours, all the chuck catches, 2 sets of PJ's and all the rest of the weeks washing.

Luckily its hot so its all drying really quickly

Have a nice weekend ladies

Hey girls.

Very quick post.

So hot. The aircon has been on since Thursday. Tristan's rolling around everywhere. He'll be crawling soon. He sticks his bum in the air and tries to push along. Looks so funny.

Donella - Glad you guys are ok from your accident.

Gotta go. Little man is calling.

Catch up soon...............Hugs, Bonnie

Bonnie -it is horribly hot isn't it? A really nice sea breeze has just come through here though, so we've just turned ac off and opened all the windows. We're thinking of going to the Festival open in Elder Park for a picnic tomorrow night, but if it's going to be another 34 degree day I don't know if I want to take Dylan out there...

NIKKI- we gave tori some banana the other night and dont you just love the streaky poo? DP freaked out when he saw it, thought there was something wrong. Tori just loves eating off a spoon, I swear she is like a crocodile going for it.

Donella, sorry to hear about the accident, is your car ok?

Tracy - where are you working? what do you do? Its so hard to do it all once you have a bub isnt it. Bugger about the parking money too. I always get left short courtesy of DP.

WEll thats all from me tonight, Tori hasn't been well all week and i am buggered. DP has been working at the car show in brisbane all week which means he isnt home till 10ish, he has just got home now and he can deal with her tonight, I need some sleep.

Speak to you all tomorrow

Kell Guest

Cindy - hope you got some well needed rest. It's hard when you're home all day alone, especially when DP isn't home until 10! At least it's only this week...

Donella - OMG, glad you are ok after accident. How scary for you, is your car still driveable? Being without a car would be difficult.

Kirsty - We havent actually tried the Brauers teething stuff, you have to give it to them every four hours at first then regularly after that so it builds up in their system. I didnt want to have to wake him up to give it to him every four hours overnight, so we havent used it yet. Will was really sensitive to caffeine (no coke!), nuts, stone fruits (cherries and plums particularly), spicy foods and juice were the things i really noticed a change in him.

We had Will weighed today, 9.2kg, 69cm and HC 46cm. He is quite a big boy, lovely and chubby He has had a cold over the weekend and last night was up between 7 and 12, then slept till2 then was up again. the only way to get him back to sleep was for me to lay our bed with him, so did until 5.30 when he woke for a feed - am so tired! He has been pretty unsettled today too, hopefully it clears up soon. He also has a really bad teething, nappy rash which looks really uncomfortable. we are using vaseline which has stopped it spreading but it is not going away...any suggestions?

Thanks for your concern everyone... our car is fine really, just the back bumper, so we should only be without it for a couple of days. We're going to wait till next week when my inlaws are away so we can have their car while ours is in the shop.

Kell - have you tried that cream in the red tube that everyone here suggested for the cradle cap? I bought it for Dylans cc and have also used it when he had a bit of nappy rash and it worked wonders in that area too! I don't understand how teething can cause nappy rash, but I've heard so many people talk about it! It's strange isn't it?

Cindi -hope Tori settles down for you tonight. It's hard when you get used to sleeping through and then they have a few bad nights again! It's like having a newborn all over again... ](*,)

We went out last night to the opening of the Adealaide Festival -it was a free show on the river called The Dancing Sky and it was performed by the balloon dancers who performed at the Torino Olympic opening if anyone saw that. It was a fantastic show, and luckily we didn't have to take Dylan -he stayed with my FIL and SIL whihle the rest of us went.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

Donella, You poor thing. The accident must have been terrifying especially until you were sure Dylan was ok. Makes you feel so much more vulnerable with precious cargo on board. So happy you are all ok.

Tracey, How is Jordan? Has he recovered from his temperatures/virus?

Kell, When Gussy was still in hospital he was prescribed "Orabase" for nappy rash. It is amazing stuff. It clears up even the worst of Gussy's nappy rashes within 24 hours. I think it's meant for mouth ulcers and the idea is behind it is that it's meant for wet environments and it creates a barrier sealing the skin from moisture. Since leaving hospital we've always got a tube handy. You can buy it over the counter from the pharmacy. Have you noticed that Will's nappies are worse in response to allergies from foods in your milk? That's one of Gus' symptoms.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. They never seem long enough! Not much to report at my end. It's terribly hot here today so Gus and I have just been down for a walk along the beach catching the cool sea breeze. The house is sooo messy tonight. Not quite sure why/how it has got so bad. Will have to race around and do some tidying so we can relax tonight in front of Desperate Housewives. he ha!

Yay - Desperate Housewives!! I forgot it was Monday!! I like the new Commander and Chief following it too.... \/

Locking this thread ladies....

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678