Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #6

I like your optimism Kathryn. Neither of my boys have had dummies and Jack was sleeping through by 6 weeks. Even if you adjust Tom's age for being early he is 8 weeks and not sleeping through. But at least it is improving so I think we will get there.

Good luck to you Belinda and Kirsty. I hope you get your DH's in a good state (or not at all Belinda!!). Going to DH's Christmas party made it a lot easier to get him home in a good state! I suspect this is the reason they did it on a Thursday night - to discourage people from getting too drunk. Didn't work in some cases though!! LOL!!

MIL just got back from the hosp. Looks like DH is still in danger of losing his leg. If the infection gets into the tissue from the op the leg won't be able to be saved. We are crossing fingers that it will be ok. Luckily the antibiotics have improved it so that's a good sign.

allyfield Guest

Hi Girls,
    Had a good night with katelyn only waking the once for a quick feed and nappy change. I still have alot of cramping from the Mirena seem to get it in the afternoon. Katelyn has to go for her vaccinations next week not looking forward to it. Does anyone give their babies panadol before or after they have there needles.

Kathryn - it's hard when they are technically younger isn't it. I got a shock yesterday when I met a baby less than 2 weeks older than Kirsten who was holding his head up on his own, she is very floppy still!

Luckily she is good on the sleeping front! Not sure when she woke last night though as hubby had her, I had a good sleep in preparation for work Xmas party tonight..where I keep telling myself I must not get too drunk and say anything to the boss!!

Ally - We gave her it before the vaccinations but she still screamed at the time..then she fell asleep though and really had no other ill effects at all! So just remember even if she screams she will forget a minute later!

Marion

Ally - no panadol needed here from the injections.

MMack - i know what you mean re the head thing. Ashton still is floppy himself getting better with the head thing though, and I have a friend who has a baby 2 weeks older and he is playing with toys etc etc LOL. I wave a toy is Ashton's face and he just rolls his eyes rofl.

Love

LOL Kathryn

Ally: I always give it before injections, i forgot with Mason on his first ones then went shopping and the pain got him before panadol worked, poor thing screamed and screamed, some just see how they go

Kirsty: I am the same its ok for me to be drunk and stupid when i get home, just not him lol

Melanie: hope that FIL starts improving before they have to take those measures

Nothing much happening here, Cooper is very unsettled, was last night too, but want him to nap just long enough for me to make him a bath, hasnt happened so far! will just lay him on the changetable while i run the bath if he wont sleep soon and get luke to watch him

Otherwise i am dreading having to do overnight feeds! I am so not into get up at god knows what hour, so thought if i bath him before next feed he might sleep soundly till 6am, think i am wishful thinking lol, i am taking steralised water in bottle to bed with the formula in dispenser to i can just tip it in and feed him without getting up, i only give him bottles at room temp so should work out that he doesnt care

Thanks all for your best wishes for FIL.

Ally, I gave it to Jack a few hours after as he had a slight temp. I gave it to Tom a few hours later as he was really grizzly and seemed to have some pain. I think all kids are different, but they used to give the panadol first, now they say have some at home in case you need it, but don't give it unless they need it. I would just do what you think is best.

WTG Gaby!

TOm is well on track too now. He woke at 12:30 then 4, but didn't feed at 4 then slept until 7am. Jack woke about 7:30 covered in vomit. He has never vomited before (except little spit ups when a baby) so this is new for us! He was fine when he went to bed and seems fine now so I have no idea what happened. Maybe something he ate as we were at a friends house for dinner last night and the kids were picking at lots of different foods. He has been very closely exposed to gastro lots of times and never once got it so I'd be amazed if it's that.

Emma: i guess rocking horse from the clues, now i cant wait to find out either lol and i purposely gave Cooper room temp bottles for times like this when i couldnt be stuffed getting up to heat a bottle, first time i have done it though, but mainly done it for when we are out then i dont have to find a place to heat his bottle up etc

Melanie: hope that jack is ok, always a bit of a shock when they never get sick, my kids dont get sick very often so i am suprised when they do get sick

Bill got home at 9.30am this morning, he drank until 7am! so he made the most of his yearly outing i guess, so he is in bed

Had a shocker night here, always the way when you have to do it yourself, so very tired today, now Mason and Cooper wont sleep at all, calling it play up Sunday!

Melanie I've had a few friends who live in Moorooka who's toddlers have had this odd virus where they spew & then sleep for hours, wake up & spew and then sleep for hours... it lasted for both of them for 2 days. So maybe its one of those weird virus' thats going around in the area?

Emma...wow..9.5 hours is amazing!!!
    The Xmas party was great..I didn't say anything to the boss as he hardly spoke to me..maybe he knew I might! I win the worst parent award though..hubby came home sober from his and took the baby..I came home pretty drunk and couldnt! Only had 3 glasses of wine and 1 G and T as well, my tolerance has gone *blush*!

Marion

Woo hoo Emma! What wonderful news. Congrats!!

Jack has been fine all day today. Thanks for the info Christy, but he didn't spew again and didn't actually sleep much either. His bed was still being cleaned up so we put him down in our bed for his afternoon nap. He slept for about 45mins and then got up and we couldn't get him back to sleep. Oh well, he went down early tonight.

Tom had a really unsettled day but has gone down now.

Marion: Ah well i will get that award many times as a parent, gotta live a little as well i say Actually will be getting that bad award for sure this friday night when i go out

Emma: Glad things are working out for you guys

Melanie: Glad that Jack is better now

Kate: I am the same with sleeping habits, Mason still doesnt sleep overnight so Cooper is so not following that lead, well thats my hope anyhow lol

Thinking of kids though, Mason was out the back today with Luke and kids next door, he took his nappy off and was flashing his butt at them and then was playing with himself, had to physically remove him from the scene! i think cause the kids were laughing it encouraged him to keep doing it but still a bit shocked!

Kate - I have to laugh at Kelsey pinching the dummy from Rylee. We do have 2 dummies floating around the place just for the odd hours when Ashton is really unsettled and nothing will fix him. Every once in a while I have caught lachlan go to put it in his mouth

Not last night but the night before I had a good night with Ashton ..... thankgod. I had actually come down with a touch of gastro which was just a 24 hrs think so I am so glad he only woke up once that night. Last night though I was up at least 3 times to him, so really feeling that today.

Emma - so glad to read that you and stu are back together and woohoo on Gaby sleeps. I hope it lasts for you.

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Kate-I'm sure the pead won't say that and if he does, slap him!

Kathryn-I had a touch of what I think was gastro last week, luckily the girls didn't get it.

Emma-YAY on you and Stu getting back together!!WOw at Gaby sleeping for so long at night!

Belinda-Your lucky that your DH got home the next day. Corey got home at 1.30am and when I got up he was sitting at the computer. He said hello then staggered to the toilet where he vomitted for 30mins!LOL! He was soooo hungover in the morning. He was afraid to go to sleep that night because of me. I had to promise that I wouldn't shave his eyebrows off.pmsl.

Marion- I know how you feel about not being able to hold your liquor anymore. I had 2 glasses of wine the other night and was slurring my words a bit! At least I was relaxed!LMAO!

Melanie-I remember when Gem did a vomit in her cot one night and then tried to go back to sleep in it!Ewwwwww

Well I went to be early last night at 9.30pm and was up every 3 hours...grrrr. But Jasmine was easy to settle and I think it was because we had such a huge temp drop here because of all the storms. Luckily the huige winds missed us here.

Just a little update on Charlie. Got him weighed the other day. He is now 5.03kg(11lb 1oz) and is 60cms long, head is 38.5cms. He is such a long skinny little thing! His arms and legs are so lanky. He's gonna be a tall one. He's still spewing heaps but it doesn't seem to bother him much anymore. He's not lactose intolerent. Just a cranky and spewing baby, apparently. I don't see how spewing that much can be normal, but anyway.

Haven't had anymore panic attacks. But still been a bit anxious. Got badly sunburnt yesterday, i am so sore.

Been busy just finishing up the christmas shopping. So hectic at the shopping centres here, it's madness.

Might not been on much until after new year's. Kids are a handful at the moment and then on 27th Dec we're going to Goulburn for a week. Hopfully there's at least some water to shower with!

I hope everyone is well.

Tom had another good night. Jack is definitely fine so I'm not sure what happened.

Congrats again Emma. What a great week it's been for you!

Kirsty, I hope you have a better night tonight. I thought maybe Jack had slept in vomit but MIL said she'd checked on him not long before he woke up and there was no vomit.

Kate, so sorry to hear you had an awful night again. I so hope you get some helpful info on Thursday. Wouldn't a good night's sleep be the best Christmas present!

Tegan, great to hear from you. Glad you have been ok. Have a great Christmas.

Kathryn, hope Ashton settles for you soon. At least every second night is a good start.

Belinda, Kids can be so funny can't they. MIL was washing Jack and said "now we have to wash behind your ears" and Jack replied "and my bits"!! And he also points to my bbs when we are out and says "booby" or "breast" and "milk for Thomas in there".

Good news re FIL, looks like the leg is safe but they going to open it up tonight for a better look.

Kirsty: LOL at your having to promise him no harm!

Emma: yah at being able to take your pills

Melanie: Glad all seems ok with FIL

Kate: i really hope that something is worked out with her soon and they can come up with something that helps

Kathryn: Sorry you had a crappy night, hope tonight is better for you

Tegan: Thanks for the update and hope you have a nice trip away and a great new years

Had a cling on with me all day today, he was happy as sitting with, lasted 5 mins at a time put down, so Bill has him now and i am not taking him back for awhile lol my arms need a break

Got forced by the kids today to meet the next door nieghbour lol, the kids think because they are friends that we should be too, but we moved in 2 mths ago and i havent talked to her, so i said sorry i havent met you properly i was pregnant and not in the mood for ppl then busy lol, ah well she knew what i meant, she is a lovely lady but will just keep it to over the fence chit chat, dont like being friends with nieghbours, you cant hide from them if it doesnt work out lol, they know you are home!
    Last edited by Belinda; December 18th, 2006 at 04:50 PM.

allyfield Guest

Hi girls
    katelyn had her needles today she cried for a little bit but was ok. She was a little unsettled when i got home so I gave her some panadol and she drifted off to sleep. Clinic nurse told me today that my son had not had his chickenpox needle so he needs to be done now but I think I will wait until after the new year and get my husband to come with me. don't fancy doing him by myself.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast