Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #6

Hi
    Jacob has his shots this Thursday..... what should I expect??
    I am a little bit nervous about his reaction at the moment... What ever will be will be but i thought if I can get a little bit of insight and be somewhat prepared! :eek:

He is Sleeping from about 8ish - 10ish till 3ish - 5ish... (touch wood and wistle!!) we are breastfeeding good which I am really releived about as that was one of my worries while pregnant.... except he just wants to look around and pull my nipple in all directions!! I will be persistant but

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS!!
    I look forward to some possible insight about the first lot of vaccinations

xxoo

Oh BTW... what age is ok to give them panadol???
    THANKS
    xxoo

You can give them it from 2 months.

Kirsten screamed while she got the injections but then fell asleep shortly afterwards and was fine, she didn't show any other effects!

Marion

Hi Kitty. Welcome! You can give panadol from 1 month. The amounts are on the label. All bubs are different with injections. Nearly all of them cry when they go in, but most stop very quickly. Some will have crankiness, pain or slight fever for a few days after. One of mine had a slight fever that night and the next day, the other one didn't but he was cranky and seemed to be in pain. Jack had a couple of doses of panadol over the 24 hour period afterwards, Tom only had one dose. Now they don't recommend panadol for slight fevers unless the bub is unhappy as well.

Ally, don't blame you for wanting DH to help. The older they get the worse it is! Glad Katelyn recovered quickly.

Belinda, lol at keeping your distance from the neighbours! Hope Cooper settles soon for you. I love my sling on days that like - it saves my arms and lets me get things done.

Tom had a very unsettled afternoon, full on crying in pain until he finally had a last feed and settled about 7pm. Must be having MIL here, he was much better when she wasn't here LOL!! And Jack seems to have started the two year old tanties. So far they stop very easily but I'm worried they'll get worse!

Melanie: LOL at MIL being the cause

Well i had a couple of drinks earlier and they hit me when i got to woolies so was merrily walking around the aisles lol

I think Cooper is getting sick, have give him panadol as he felt so hot but he still doesnt seem right, hope he is just over tired

Cant use a sling as they are no good for my back, i have bought a carrier with every one of them and taken them back everytime lol

Kirsten has been so unsettled today..they must all be having off days at the same time!

We were at family Xmas get together yesterday and she slept all day...everyone said how good she was! Then she has been the opposite today, crying a lot and fussy. She didn't sleep as long as usual last night so she is probably just tired I think! So is Mummy!!

Marion

Kirsty77 Guest

Wow Em 5 hourly is still not bad!

I was up 3 hourly again last night and the 5am feed she only had 30mls before falling asleep smiling at me. It was freezing here again last night, but I bet today is hot again. The weather is seriously doing weird things!

Can't believe xmas is so close. Corey and I have decided to start some traditions in our own little family as this is the first year at our own house for chrissie. Xmas brekkie and on xmas eve I'll cook up a storm of sweet things. This year its choccie crackle, rum balls (for me of course!LOL!) and white choccie truffles. Hmmm think I'm going to be forced to join the gym in january after all this eating!PMSL!

Emma, 5 hours is still good! It's a shock after 2 such great nights though isn't it!

Kirsty, I hope you get some more sleep soon.

Belinda, I hope Luke is ok. What a bad run you've had!

Kitty, it must be different in different countries. Here you can give panadol from 1 month although I wouldn't unless necessary. Tom was 3.5 weeks early and saw a doctor a couple of days before he turned 1 month. The doc said it was fine to give him panadol already.

Kate, Tom's Christening is on Jan 7 (which is also FIL's birthday). I hope Rylee's Godfather is ok. I am sure I'm biased, but I think Jack has the most lovely nature. I can't believe Tom will be ready for swimming lessons already either, where does the time go??

Tom had a great night again, 12:30 and 4am wake ups, and then awake at 6. Hopefully he will have a better day today. I am wondering if he's had a bit of a tummy bug (maybe related to Jack's vomitting?) as he has had a few signs of it. If that's what it is at least he will be better soon.

FIL is having surgery this morning. If it goes well he should have a good chance of keeping his leg for quite a while which would be a relief for us all. Uh oh, Tom's awake again. BBL.

Kirsty77 Guest

Melanie I hope your FIL's surgery goes well. It would be so awful if he had to lose his leg.

Gosh, where is everyone today?

FIL's surgery went well. Looks like his leg will stay. He might not be home for Christmas though. How awful to be in hossy for Xmas!

I'm taking MIL to see a possible place for them tomorrow. I hope I didn't seem too keen to take her....

LOL at seeming too keen and glad FIL will keep leg even though he wont be home for xmas

Had a full on day today, with Mr unsettled and Mr i need attention now, so havent had time to do much at all, and Mr unsettled is whinging here now trying to get out more wind

Belinda, hope you have a better day today. It's hard when you have two grizzly tikes isn't it!

Emma, I know what you mean about the last minute, although luckily I've finished my shopping now. This year DH and I decided not to buy each other presents, instead to buy something together for the family. We have spent so much money on the kids (Jack's swing and slide set especially) that it made sense. So our joint present to each other is some outdoor lounges for around the pool. DH has 6 weeks leave so we should get a lot of use out of them.

Tom woke at midnight, 3 and 6, but it took an hour to get him back down at 3. He was really windy and got the hiccups. Jack is throwing a tanty now as I took his crayons away - I'll have to go and deal with that then clean the wall LOL!

Kirsty77 Guest

PMSL Melanie at taking away Jack's crayons and then cleaning the wall! I have the same prob wth Gem. Loves to draw......on anything!

Wow Em Gaby had another good night.

We had a goodnight.Up at 3am then again 6am. So a great night. Jaz had her needles to and she cried so much and sobbed! I felt so bad! Off to my sisters soon as its my brothers 24th birthday today............to be 24 again!

Melanie - We are facing the prospect of my mum being in hospital for christmas day too. She was meant to have been coming home today, but she had a fall yesterday trying to manage her walker while hopping as her foot cant touch the ground for 6 wks. anyway she ended up hurting her knee on her good leg and doctor can feel some grinding in it, so now today she is having knee xrays done. I said it would have been so much easier IMO if they had given her crutches instead of a big bulky walker, considering she has to hop.

Lachlan is forever drawing on our walls. I need shares in chux magic erasers although this weekend they will get sugar soaped. My once a year big wall clean for xmas lol. They actually need repainting, but not even going to look into that till Ashton is around 5 and out of drawing on wall stage too, that will be 15 years then with the same paint job.

Emma - Andrew is getting a weather proof case for our video camera from me, and 6 video camera filters from the kids for Christmas. He is also meant to be getting a 1.8m ladder but I am not sure if my step-dad has even thought about going to buy it for me like he said he would with all the dramas with mum this week. I may ring him later to see. I have some last min christmas shopping to do as well *sigh*

Ashton went 5 hrs and then 3 hrs and then 2hrs last night, that seems to be his routine. approx 2am, 5am and 7am. Might try the bath, feed then bed tonight to see if he stretches his 5 hr snooze longer. I usually give him a bath whenever I get a spare 5 mins in the day. LOL

Love

I give Mason a cloth and make him clean up the walls he draws on lol, he thinks its great though!

Having a better day today, took kids for a walk to shops earlier, the next door nieghbour boy invited himself, then joined luke in nagging me to buy them lollies lol, they arent shy!

Mum is here tommorow, YAH

Kathryn: Your poor Mum, hope she recovers ok and can be home for Xmas but if not i guess its the best place to be if she needs to be there
    Last edited by Belinda; December 20th, 2006 at 02:49 PM.

Kathryn, sorry to hear about your mum. I was thinking as I was reading it wouldn't crutches have been better. I hope she is able to come home for Xmas. We are still not sure about FIL - there is a small chance he will be allowed home on Sunday. Got to love those magic erasers. The crayon came off the walls all right but I still can't find anything to get crayon off the toilet lid LOL!!

Kirsty, LOL about Gemma drawing on everything. Got to love this age!! When I tell Jack off for drawing on things he points to the paper and says "only on paper". Pity he doesn't write "only on paper"!!

Emma, hope you get some rest soon. I can't think of anything helpful for you to get Stu. I hope you think of something.

Well, I have great news. MIL and FIL have a place to live! They got the place I took MIL to see this morning. They get the keys tomorrow but won't be able to move in until Jan 3 as their furniture has to arrive. Dad arrives on the 4th I think for the Christening and is staying with us so it will work out well - we were going to be very crowded!

Jack was a radio star this morning! BIL is filling in on one of the local brekky shows this week and yesterday he recorded him and Jack singing Hey Diddle Diddle together (BIL left words out and Jack filled them in). I didn't know he'd done it until we were listening to him when I took MIL to see the unit and we heard it on the radio. Jack sounds so cute but then I'm a little biased!!

Hi Belinda. We cross-posted! Jack loves cleaning up so would probably like wiping the walls himself. I'd be worried he'd write on the walls just to clean them. I wonder if our boys will still be so keen to clean when they are teenagers! Yay for your Mum arriving. YOu can sit and relax LOL!!

YAH to IL's finding a place so quickly, sure you didnt have anything to do with it lol, did you pay someone to approve it all fast hehe

How cute about Jack being on the radio very nice

ETA: Melanie: yep i plan on resting a lot lol, and i can garantee that once they are teenagers they wont do a thing, have my nephew here to prove that one

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast