Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #12

Kellie - I've PM'd Kim, hopefully she can do Sunday too. I think Ange said would just be arriving back from King Island and would try to come if she was up to it.

Re: Plans for the new year - it's too overwhelming for me to think about it right now! I will get back into my business in Feb, Joel starts 3 year old kinder soon. I think 2008 will be all about balance for me! I have to work out how to juggle two boys and a business. We'll see how we go!

Happy new Year everyone!

we end up going to dh work (works at Mascot near airport)to watch the 9pm fireworks. His office has a balcony around the perimiter and off the boardroom was looking directly at the city! so we turned the telly on, opened the blinds and Nixon got to run around the boradroom and balcony while we had a drink!
    next Nye we might invite a few ppl and make more of a thing about it. was great to hae no crowds easy access to toilet and a fantastic view!
    We left not long after it, got home got Nix to bed, fed tyron and then i fell asleep lol!
    i had a few wines followed by this lucious slushy pina colada which tipped me over the edge! Dh woke me for the count down and i think i fell back to sleep within a min of the fireworks on tv.
    anyway it was still a nice night.

Viv- Ty is still getting mostly breast milk, however my freezer is getting kind empty! He has about 6 bottles in a 24hr period and for the last 2 weeks 1 of the 6 feeds is frmula and 5 ebm. My goal was to make it to 3months only 2 more weeks off that.
    Im expressing but only twice a day, my supply is getting lower, so i only get 200-300ml a day now as appose to the 800ml i used to get.
    so within the next 2 weeks Tyron will prob go from 5 x ebm and 1 x ff to 5 x ff and 1 x ebm
    unless i start to express more but im quiet happy with only doing it twice (morning and night) because its doable. when i was trying to do it every feed it was too much.

If you bf James until 3 months you've done a great job!, and you could even set yourself smaller goals, like if u make it to 3months u wont be able to just stop cold turkey it will be a slow wean so then you could maybe make it to 4months or go on week at a time? Its only suggestion i know how bf can feel sometimes but coming from someone who wanted to do it but couldnt just make sure you are fully ready to stop. but whenever that it his James has has the best start to life and thats all because of you!

My new year plan. loose 10kg! i started today, going to WW on thursday, and i already started counting points thismorning, and set up a weekly routine so both dh and i canget some excersie in. very motivated to get gong i feel so yukky the way i am at the moment.

Sunday is fine with me

Happy New Year!! Ryan spent NYE with Daddy playing guitar (i.e. Daddy was planning, Ryan was chewing the guitar lol). Then we had a sing and some dancing and he was laughing and squealing and fell asleep at 10.30 and slept through till 6 *love love love*.

Hope all is well, my new years resolution is not to help people who won't help themselves and bring bad things to our doorstep!! I won't rant here or I won't stop, it's in Punching Bag about my friends ex if anyone wants a squiz!

Anyways lil mr calls, Daddy is annoyed we have to pay for Daycare but they aren't open today, I'm secretly happy he is home with us for cuddles and gave him a bath so he smells like my lil boy again! We took him for a half day to see how he would go start work on thurs for two months *cries*

Happy new year mum's and bubs!

Made it back! IL's drove me nuts......was to be expected though..... At loads of cheese. Went diving, got some crayfish, abalone and fish, had a NYE seafood feast last night. Yummo.

Viv- Still BF'ing. Still don't love it, find it a pain in the arse. But much less of a pain in the arse than making up bottles, sterilising etc. I like the fact i can just flip the hooters out without any pre-prep.
    If i had to express every feed, i would prob just put her on formula. Don't think i could be arsed expressing all the time.....

BBL

Sunday good for me. Discovered i was double booked for Sat anyway. Need a new diary.

Happy New Year's everyone!!! Hope you all had a lovely night with your bubbas.

Viv - For the first time ever Mateo took a bottle of formula today so now I will start giving him one formula bottle a day. He just feeds way too much (still every two to three hours all night and day) and I just find it too exhausting! So you're not the only one and I tell you what if I had to express every feed he would have been on formula a long time ago!! I hate expressing! I'm with nickers - you've given him the best start so don't feel guilty!

I must confess though - I had a little pang of sadness that my baby doesn't need just me anymore - anyone can feed him now!! How silly is that? :-)

Nickers - my resolution is the same as yours - i can't wait to start exercising again, I feel yucky too!

Brissy/GC meet-up, maybe we should do Hyperdome again so it's halfway for GC girls? Any day suits me.

xo

Viv - I sometimes feel really fed up with BF, one of my nipples keeps getting sore so have to wear shield and it's a pain in the 'beep'. I wouldn't feel guilty. I'm planning on weaning Max off boob at 6 months when i'm introducing solids. I made that decision a long time ago, and some people I have spoken to don't think it's right, but hey, it's up to you. You have done the right thing....keep your sanity! Coz if mummy isn't right...no one is!

My NY resolution is to stay as sane as possible, and go back to KICKBOXING!! Can't wait. Going to do it once Max is off boob. It's pretty hard to skip with boobies full of milk! I am looking forward to it soooo much! I want to lose weight again and have the body I had when I got preggo! (I had just lost 10kg when I got preg...bummer!)

By the way, Max is a real dribbler! Anyone else have a megga dribbly baby!? I have no idea whether the amount he dribbles is just normal or what! It oozes out everywhere! He's still happy though, so I don't think it's a problem.....?!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Viv- have you tried feeding jj sitting up? (him, not you!) just a thought........ seems to stop Lu choking if my jugs are really full.

Made a crayfish and green pawpaw salad for dinner, i asked DH to cut up the chilli. I don't like to do it because it is hard to get off your hands and i stick my finger in Lu's mouth to get her off the boob. Anyway, he came running down the stairs after going to the toilet and jumped in the pool. Turns out chilli and doodles don't mix! ROFL

LOL Ange, what a classic! Does your DH know you told us?!

No way Trish! He's not as "sharing" as i am! But don't worry most of our friends will prob hear about it..................geez who need enemies when you are married to me?!

becky Guest

LOL! Thats hilarious Ange...

Terri - Yeah Im happy with the hyperdome. Any time is good with me, as long as I have a little notice. How bout late next week? Maybe Wed or Thurs?? Or would everyone prefer the week after? Im easy....

Hi Just wondering if anyone has heard from Belle (Goldilocks) of late???

If you do pls let her know I have been wondering how she is going!

Thanks!

LizzysMum Guest

Viv - Its a bummer about the feeding thing. Has the ABA any suggestions on how to help with reducing the flow? Mine used to be fast and choke bub and I found expressing some off before the feed really helped. Not heaps but enough to get over the intial spray thingy. Don't be worried about what others think regarding BF/FF people's comments are all about them and their issues not you & yours YK. You seem like a person who will do what is best for bub and you without reference to people who have NFI about your life

I also can't believe how big James is getting OMG - you know my DD1 was 8.2 kg clothed, on her first birthday!!!!! LOL

I have no idea how much Amara weighs as we have not been to clinic since 7 weeks. I might duck over to the Chemist next week and check. I reckon she is about 5.5kg as she just seems to have gone in to some medium's of my MC nappies lately.

Speaking if fussing on the boob OMG! She is shocking at the moment - thinking of getting a breastfeeding necklace to keep her occupied. A few friends of mine have them and swear they are great. Its a safe necklace you wear for bubs to look at (or play with when older) that helps keep them focussed on you and not what happening behind them.

Ange - PMSL at your chilli story Haaaaaaaaa!!! DH has added it "don't cut chilli and then go pee pee" to his "Notes To Self" LOL!

Happy New Year All!

Hee hee! Very funny Ange!! :-)

LOL Ange.

Maddi slept very well last night, went to bed at 9:30pm & woke up at 7:45am.

ange - that happened round here too, the chilli thing. he's been cautious ever since. pmsl.

having some sleep has enabled me to cope a little better with bf. i'm thinking i may just start introducing a bottle of formula a day to see if he's interested...

viv - I also express a little before each feed, cause I was finding Tahlia was choking, and then throwing up cause the flow was too much for her. Since I've been doing that, she has been 100% better. I don't do it for every feed, just when I am really full

Wow can you ladies chat! Time for a new thread I think! Found HERE

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112