Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #4

aw Kim dont beat yourself up! You are doing a great job! Are you sure your all dried up? Maybe speak to the LC and see what she says? You are a great mum!:hugs: We are always here to talk!
    Trish hope your sisters sil had her baby too! how exciting! Hope you had a nice time visiting! What did they call her?
    Ange you can come crash our party anytime! My checkup was just talking about contraception(just said were not dtd anytime soon) then she just checked sticthes and did an internal just to see if I was still in working order!
    Catherine its a beuatiful thing when you feed them hey! Just keep persistant and maybe see your LC? Hope Rochelle settles for you tonigt!
    Mo thats a pretty name, but I spose most people dont like their names!

Sorry if i missed anyone! hope your all well!x
    Appointment went well today I am in working order, so i think DH is going to want to DTD soon!
    Anyway have to go and get some sleep cause were heading out to see some friends tomorrow and want to be fresh and alert ha as if thats going to happen!

Awww Kim are you sure your milk is gone? Maybe you don't have enough fluid.
    I know when i didn't drink a lot of water my milk supply was horrible.
    Your a great mum Kim don't ever doubt yourself, at least you tried to b/f.
    Sometimes it just doesn't work out the way you want it to, i know i felt like a failure when i had to stop but you girls all made me feel much better about my choice.
    (((hugs))).

Catherine maybe you could give Rochelle some top ups with formula when she is really unsettled, that way you can still b/f, but it gives you a little break if you need it

Ange at my appointment i had pap smear done (what fun) & he just made sure me & bubs was ok.
    No birth control talk here, he's a do what you want kinda guy.
    Hope your appointment goes well.

Bec i know there is at least 2 other Vic girls in here so maybe us Vic girl could have a meet-up one day as well

Just wanted to say i love everyone's baby pics very cute in deed

Catherine- When L is unsettled and has big feeding days, my boobs stay soft and never reach that hard phase, but they always bounce back to their usual fullness when she settles down with the feeding. When it has happened It made me think i was low on milk, but as she was still wetting 8+ nappies a day, i assume she was getting enough. Now i feel more relaxed about it, i trust my hooters to produce!
    I dont feel like i am making sense tonight.... does that make sense to ya?

GLad app went well Amber. Good luck with DTD!

WOW - a chatty bunch today ... now let me see if I can remember what I have read and what I wanted to respond to...

**stamps feet, throws arms around and cries hysterically** i wanna go to the piazza too - in a whinny voice!

Not sure who mentioned it, but we didn't have such a good sleeping night last night... the two nights before that were better!

ARG! can't think what else I wanted to say.

Off to get my hair cut shortly!! Amazing how exciting these little things can be, especially being able to go do something on your own - Kaylee staying home with daddy!

CatherineL Guest

Kim! You and I need to perserve! In 6 months time we will be so proud if we are still BF!! Try Fenugreek, increase water intake, eat well and rest! I think that was probably my down fall today, I was out all day walking around etc. No rest = crap supply... for me anyway... and it probably is just me because I was warned that about this time women with implants usually find their supply drops.

I am going to try and perserve... Ange, Nah It's not just my boobs are all floppy. She is tugging at my nipples in frustration and screaming. I have been giving her 50-100mls of formula in the evening after I have offered her both breasts and she guzzles it. She doesn't have the bottle every night, just the days I have either done too much, haven't drunk enough water or haven't eaten well during the day.. or perhaps a combination. But i trust she is getting enough the rest of the time as she has put on 360grams since last Wednesday - but today is just blah!

Woot on DTD soon Amber!... Daniel would be too jealous if he only knew!

LizzysMum Guest

I second the Fenugreek, got some seed the other day - tastes like carp but did the trick.

Mo - I totally LOVE your name, it was on my shortlist but our surname starts with M and I promised I would not name our baby so it could have the nickname M&M LOL!

Must go, A recently spewed everywhere all on me carpet etc etc and I am now waiting for her to want to feed and E has also decided to wake up tonight crying sigh..............

Kim - would love to catch up if you have time, we are sort of on the way back from the Bay to the freeway.

Night all,

I so 2nd a VIC meetup!!!

Hmm maybe it was cos ive not been eating or drinking...and sleeping that milk has gone. I managed 10 ml in 20 mins...WOW......not good. Thanks girls for ur words....im struggling big time

Will try plan to see ya Leah..id love that

I knew getting to read Marie claire cover to cover this afternoon was going to mean tonight was going to be crap....
    Hayley hasn't slept in the last 5 hours.... hoping she goes off soon then sleeps till late...the alternative isnt' a pleasing thought....

Kim - you are a fabulous woman and mum who has had a rough day or so by the sounds. I think you are a superwoman for having your two gorgeous little girls who are both happy and healthy. You've done your darndest to BF and if it isn't happening then don't beat yourself up. We're all here for you :hugs:

CatherineL Guest

Kim, Also... have you tried massaging your breast whilst you express? because there is milk further up in the breast and I did that when I was expressing plus I have been squeezing the side of my breast whilst Rochelle is on it and she starts showing signs of frustration... seems to keep her content a little longer. Also maybe try some of that 'Rescue Remedy' - maybe your too stressed to let down and I read here on BB that many women have success with it. If things don't improve for me over the next few days, I'll be heading to my Dr to get a script to increase my supply... Maybe if BF'ing is something you really want you could try this avenue too? Goodluck for today and I hope today is better for you. Make sure you drink, eat plenty and 'try' rest as much as your two little ones permit!

KateP - We had the same sort of night actually! Ro didn't go to sleep until 11.30 and had been up since 5pm. But she was a gem the rest of the night...

A question for the FF'ers - A gf yesterday was telling me about formula you can get that makes them sleep longer during the night... Is anyone using that?

Well I hope everyone has a lovely day!

Leah that is the first time I've ever heard someone say that would use my name for their child, Makes me feel better about having a unusual name

Thanks Amber & Ange for the compliments as well

Kim at least 10mls is something, means you still have milk, what kind of pump are you using?

Catherine I've never heard of the formula Maddi is on the Karicare Gold & sleep's fine at night time with it.

For the FF's how long does a can usually last you?

I try to get things going again...some how!

I use a Medela Manual pump thats got the electric attatchment.

Can on Formula lasts me about 2 weeks. Our local chemist has Karicare Gold on special this week so i just got 2 cans for Jas and 2 for Chelsea

I used the Avent Isis pump first & then i used the Medela electric one i hired.
    Sometimes i found the Avent one worked better, not sure why.

Maybe try put a heat pack & massaging or having a warm shower then expressing.
    How often are you trying to pump?

How much are they going for at your Chemist at the chemist warehouse i think they are usually $20-$22.

Catherine and Kim - I really admire your persistance, I think you are both doing so well. Lots of people would have given up by now and in the end if formula is what keeps your bub happy and healthy then I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
    Kim, do you think a doctor or someone could help? It sounds like stress might be a factor for you - is there anyone close by that could help out with the girls every now and then?

Liliyangel - just looked at Maddi's website, she is gorgeous!! She has lots of black hair like my baby! I love little hairy babies - did Maddi have hair on his arms and shoulders? Mateo did and we cracked up laughing - he looked like a little monkey! Thankfully most of it has fallen out now! :-)

PetaChristy - It is very small things we get excited about now isn't it? :-) I'm off to get a wax today and I can't wait to feel smooth again - legs so hairy!! Am with Ange but and am steering clear of brazil, just a bit too tender down there yet!

Mateo seems to have fallen into a bit of routine which is great - basically sleeps 3-4 hours then feeds. Has a lovely, content awake time at around 10ish in the morning and then from 7 to 10ish at night is very unsettled - feeds and screams on and off for the whole time, we can't put him down or he turns into a scary, roaring monster and then finally crashes for the night. Is anyone else having a regular unsettled, screaming time every day? It doesn't actually bother me too much but it is frustrating that either of us just have to sit or walk with him the whole time and he won't stay in the sling either as he wants to be fed on and off and moved into different positions the whole time. Talk about demanding!!! :-)

Anyway, enough rambling..... sorry for the essays from me lately. You can tell I don't have many friends with babies!! :-)

Morning everyone!

Mo - I love your name too! Most of us hate our names though, I hate my full name, Patricia, only my mum calls me that!

Kim - You do what is right for you and your bub, whether that means FF or BF, don't feel bad if you have to FF, you gave it a great shot!

Boomba - My sister & DH named their bub Kara Grace. She is so cute! No word as of last night if her SIL had her bub. I hope they share the same birthday!

Kate - I hope you ended up getting some sleep last night!

Kieran did pretty well last night. He went 4 hours between feeds, I am hoping he will go 5 hours o'night soon. DH went back to work today and so far the house hasn't collapsed! Actually, it's been a lot calmer around here this morning! Kieran is on the floor enjoying some tummy time which is weird because Joel used to hate tummy time. My mum is coming over this morning with my sister's 2 year old son (while sis is still in hospital) so Joel will have lots of fun. I'm taking Kieran to the MCHN at 11:30am, I can't wait to find out if he is still growing well (I'm sure he is!).

catherine - jj is supposed to go for his (almost) 4 week check this afternoon, plus he's been a spewy louie so i may have to see how it all works out. will txt if we're coming round. had a carp afternoon, early evening because gigantor got a bee in his bonnet and cried for 3 hours (2-5pm). i went insane so dh took him. he regrouped for an hour and screamed another 2 hours (6-8).

he still gets a blocked nose at dawn and dusk, so it makes him feral because he can't sleep.

what is`amazing is that he turns around and sleeps 6+4 hours last night. how does that work? i scored 3 spews on me at 2am. it's good luck.

kim - hope you're feeling better. bf is a complicated road at best. you're not a failure because u gave it a red-hot go. let's see what eating, drinking and rest can do for you.

ange - i was curious about the 6-week check myself. like i haven't had enough lights shone up my cha cha lately. suppose i've got to do it.

Thanks Trish

Star Maddi was very hairy. Arms, back & butt crack lol it's all pretty much gone now thank goodness & thanks for the compilments about Maddi, Mateo is adorable

Star - Yep, Kieran was pretty hairy too! It must be a thing with bubs with a good head of hair. Joel had no hair until he turned two so I was really surprised how much hair Kieran had when he came out! Sounds like you are going through the evening "arsenic hour". Joel was a shocker too, we had to take turns eating and take turns carrying him, shifting him into a million different positions trying to appease him. So far Kieran doesn't do that, but that doesn't mean he won't start doing it soon!

Please tell me it gets better. Day from hell yesterday. I was so looking forward to my guests coming around, but in the end it turned out to be all too much for me and for L. L slept about 3 hours in the morning and only grabbed an hour or less at a time in the afternoon and evening. At about 8pm he was screaming so hard we loaded him into the car and what do you know the sod went to sleep. Driving aimlessly around the city just to make sure it lasted. But no he woke up when we were getting him out of the car Anyway, the boob did the trick, but by this time it was close to 10pm.

He woke up at just before 2am and I have not had a good sleep since then. I did manage to put him down just before 8.30am, so he has been down for about an hour. Please (begs to God), can I get another couple of hours. DH is also still in bed, so am using this time to express. Seriously thinking about making up some formula as well. L has only had it once and apparently it knocked him out.

I use the Avent ISIS IQ. Pretty happy with it so far, only use it once or twice a day so not a heavy user. Someone told me that manual pumping gets a better output than electric. Does anyone have any experience that this is the case?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast