Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #7

rallybbek Guest

Heehehe, if i come to the vic meetup emma and kate will teach joel and chelsea a thing or two aout nicking off!lol
    I am in bendigo, so not sure if i will come or not. Can i catch a train ther? lol
    Bec

Hey guys,

How are you all doing? Thought i would pop in and catch up with you guys.

Things here are ok.. I'm lucky that i'm finding it 700 times easier the 2nd time around, although it could be because DS was pure hell at sleeping for 6 months, and i had a lot of other problems (like everything under the sun), that everything seems so much easier in comparison... But seriously, feeding & sleeping are going great this time around.

Nechama has a slight unsettled period in the evenings, but she is usually pretty good and its normally only if she got dragged around in the afternoon and missed a sleep. We co-sleep (at nights) which is going great (did it with my son, actually he was great a nights from the beginning, it was the day that was the problem), but she is ok at sleeping in her co-sleeping basinette thing on my bed by herself during the day. I think not being uptight about sleeping is helping a lot.

I'm just finding the general challenge is looking after a very active toddler who can't be trusted for a few mins on his own (he isn't naughty, just inquisitve.. a little too much!), and he wants me to play a lot, which is hard when i'm trying to feed etc. And i'm finding it saps my energy looking after the 2. Suprinsingly, i don't feel so sleep deprived this time around - maybe i'm just used to it (although DS has been sleeping through for almost a year now).

A lot of my physical problems (prolapse, fissure etc), have come back, so i'm finding that a bit hard.. And not getting my support from either sides of our family, so feeling a bit let down by everyone at the moment.

DH went back to work after having this year off, so its a big adjustment not having him around 24/7, although its probably a good thing because we are getting in more of a normal routine now because of it. And having money again is nice!

Anyway, i better run, Nechama is waking up for a feed...

Sorry about no personals, i can't read through 7 threads, but i hope you are all going well, and getting support for whatever problems you might have encountered! I think that was my mistake with DS, leaving almost every issue (feeding, sleeping, my recovery), so long until i basically couldn't cope, just telling myself things would get better..

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineL View Post

Did anyone elses bubs have the broken capillaries in their eyes? Rochelle did, and they told me it was because she came so fast?
    theo did, my second stage was 3 minutes...pushed out in 2 pushes!

his are all gone now.

becky Guest

OMG GUYS!!! I was only on last night but 4 pages have been added since then. I kept thinking of things to write as I went, but now I have forgotten everything!!

Questions - I am so in love with my babies! Its amazing, everyone wonders how you can possibly have enough love for a second baby, and everyone tells you that you just do, but gos they are right! I was so worried I wouldnt love this baby enough, or I would love Liam less etc, but its not true! You just get more and more in love with them every minute! I would do anything for my babies! Brings a tear to my eyes just to watch them. Especially the times when Liam runs up to CHels, saying "kiss! Kiss!" and leans over to kiss her (which is about 1000 times a day). They are beautiful! And more in love with DH than evr too! I am so lucky he is so supportive. And he helps me so much around the house etc. He's great!

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY CHELSEA!!

To all you ladies who are bottle feeding - Has your milk dried up?? Mine still hasnt! Its not a lot but god its frustrating! Still have to wear breast pads etc! How much longer?????

I am dying to meet all you guys now!! Can we arrange another meet ups soon?? Is everyone busy now until XMAS or do you think we could make another date in a few weeks?

One more question - What are you going to teach your kids to call their genitals?? We are coming to the point when we need to teach DS the names. Eventually I want him to know their proper names (Vagina and Penis) but for now, he calls himself a willy, but not sure what I should teach him to say for girls. What do you reckon?

Thats all I can remember for now! Have a good night ladies!
    Last edited by becky; November 28th, 2007 at 10:47 PM.

becky

i will teach lachlan that he has a tackle(much to craigs disgust) and mummy has either a vjay or hoo ha. lol such childish names

Thought I'd pop in to say hello. Been in hospital started haemoraging badly and was anemic. Just woke up got home this arvo. Was in the shower and looked down and had blood pouring everywhere and was standing in it was saturating a pad every 30minutes. Had a D&C still bleeding but its not as bad so hoping it's fixed it all. Had another infection as well so was on even more antibiotics fun times. Little man is doing well had a big pooping session today so was supposedly cranky all morning but I wasn't here for it and has been an angel since his mass evacuation. Currenly he's been asleep for 4 hours if I hadnt been asleep all day I'd be making the most ofthis hoping he sleeps through till 3 before wanting some yum yums.

How goes everyone? Hope all is well, flicked through the posts sorry to hear Joels giving you hell Trish, and yes if I can't figure out whats wrong with Ryan I let him cry for a bit too Kim, usually I find putting him on his tummy and rubbing his back puts him to sleep has a little reflux sometimes i think and will eventually burp or give a little chuck/dribble and go to sleep. Grats on her hips improving they are remarkable things I'm hoping Ryans leg starts to un-bow soon.

Anyways back to bed I think ciao for now all

becky Guest

Sorry to her everything you have been going through Celtic. You have been having a rough time! Hope it all starts improving now!!! Have you had any further problems with your man's ex?

CatherineL Guest

Great to hear you are well Yael! It's fantastic things seem to be easier for you second time around!

Qhi - Yeah, Ro's little red lines have gone from her eyes too now - But it took awhile! Noice work on the pushing! I was a little bit miffed after I pushed the little heffa out how on earth some women are 'pushing' for yonks? It was a matter of minutes for me too *shrugs*. I don't bother to tell people how short my labor was now, because I get rude looks and remarks like, 'WHAT??? Catherine had a 3 hour first labor and a 9lb baby!!!'... and then you get the disrespectful ones who make it sound like I didn't even give birth... Of course I didn't feel pain and EVERYONE else had a worse and much more painful labor than me! I actually asked Daniel if I was loose you know where before... I'm sure that's what everyone thinks, seeing as most of them think she just fell out.

Becky - I think some of the girls were keen to catch up next week... I'll just stay posted and keep an eye out for time and day and see if I can make it! Would be great to see this mysterious Becky!

When I talk to Rochelle, I call 'it' her winkie... But we aren't prudes and will make sure she is aware that it's a vagina.

*sighs* I can't sleep tonight... so I'm sitting here eating a piece of christmas cake...

Morning everyone!

Had a pretty good night last night. The last two nights we have used bribery to get Joel to be quiet and it seems to be working! I have been a bit more relaxed about things because I realised there is no point getting worked up and stressing myself out. I ended up having a much happier day yesterday and Joel was much better behaved because his mum wasn't so cranky!

Some good news is I get a new car in December! I was meant to get it in February, but it has been moved forward. What a great Christmas pressie!

Ange - Maybe between us all we can keep Joel contained!

Kim - Sending a big Happy First Birthday to the gorgeous Chelsea today!!! Hope she has fun at her two parties! How did your car trip go?

Rallybbek - If you come and bring your girls we can create chaos together! Bendigo sure is a hike though!

Yael - Thanks for popping in! Great to hear you are going so well. Love your glamourous photo!

Celtic - You poor thing, you have had such a rough time lately . Hope you get lots of rest and make a speedy recovery. Are they giving you anything for your anaemia?

Hi to everyone else, hope you have a great day!

morning all -
    Catherine- you cracked me up with your 'she just fell out' comment. Surely those people who think that have not given birth or in fact know anything about the whole process!!

Trish- great news about the new car!

My sister's little girl calls it her 'gina', pronounced as you would say va-gina (i.e not like you would say the girls name Gina) She is 3 and told me the other day that because she didn't wee when she needed to she hurt her 'gina and it got sad, so now she has to be good and look after her 'gina so it doesn't hurt. SO CUTE! ....

Hope everyone has a good day - mine was getting off to a good start early when Hayley was still asleep at 7.30 but alas the delivery man came and rang the doorbell three times in a row (WHY??? How are you possibly meant to get there after 1 second??) So then the dog barked which roused Hayley and hence I was up! Was a good delivery though, 3 pks of Huggies courtesy of Kimberly clark - I got a dodgy box of nappies where the leak guard wasn't right, sent an email complaint and they sent me the new ones!

Off to the baby clinic this afternoon - i'm predicting a good weight gain in the last week because she just seems to be so much bigger this last week!
    Oh and YES I love her to bits - even when she wees/poohs/vomits on her gorgeous clean outfit just before we need to go out

Thanks for the support everyone. I am trying to do what I think is right but it is hard when the doc tells you something. I guess I figure she is the doctor and knows what she is talking about.

Ethan is a bit happier today. Not sleeping well this morning but is still happier. Thank goodness.

Cath- PMSL i can't believe you actually asked Danny that. There is no way the "tightness" of your vagina would effect the length of your labour. People are so damn judgemental, i have heard that fast and furious labours have their own disadvantages; No time to ease into the pain, your body can go into shock, can have risks for baby too. Tell people she came via stork, that'll keep em guessing.

Nothing wrong with a bit of bribery Trish, i use it on DH all the time. Glad you had a better day.

Love chaos- bring all the rug rats!

Becky- prob just penis and vagina here, and whatever pronounciation she comes up with!

Catherine - I reckon people only make those disrespectful comments because they are jealous of your great labour! You did a FANTASTIC job and should be very proud of yourself.

Alz - Glad to hear Ethan is happier for you today. A lot of drs just give their personal opinion, I reckon go with your own instincts. The dr I took my first DS to was hopeless about babies and she had two children of her own! She didn't believe me that a chiropractor could fix his shoulder (the chiro DID fix it, my boy was much more settled)! Hope you have a better day today.

Kate - Good luck at the clinic, let us know how she goes!

Morning everyone - hugs to absolutely everyone!!! We had a FANTASTIC night last night!! Caitlyn decided to have a sleep from 8 until 1 and then 145 until 430. She woke again at 530 but a cuddle and into bed with me and we both slept until 8!!! Woohoo!!! I have no doubt that means she will be harder than usual to please today but at least with some sleep I will have more patience!!
    Celtic - sorry to hear about your hospilisation! Not good. Hope you are feeling much better now!
    Caitlyn now weighs 4.53 kg - up from 3.18 at birth. Yay!!!
    Anyway - here she goes crying had better head off. Have a fantastic day!!

CatherineL Guest

PMSL @ my rant last night... Yeah, I don't really care what others say in all reality - I'm really happy within myself! Just makes me a little frustrated...

Glad your feeling better Trish!

Kate - Woot on the nappies! One of the girls at a mother's group i'm apart of yesterday told me about somewhere where you can buy mass bulk of huggies nappies for MUCH cheaper... So i'm going to look into that. I know it's stupid, but I don't know if I could handle cloth.

Ange - Did you shake after you had Lu?

Nickers, Has Tyron taking to the breast again?

LizzysMum Guest

Catherine I get the same. I also had a 3 hour labour and was home 3 hours after that. I get the bulging eyes look and I am sure they think my "gina" is massive LOL!!!! They have no idea about how much I prepared for my birth physically and mentally and did heaps of research to choose the right care providers for me. I would rather my labour and birth any day to one in hospital with a doctor!

Re - nappies. Cloth is just as easy, actually easier at change time as you just drop the nappy in a bucket instead of having to go to the bin. And the modern cloth nappies are so darn cute, I am sure all themoney I save on buying sposies I spend on cute nappies and covers!! ROFL!

Celtic - so sorry to hear you have not been well, send ing some healing vibes to you!

Kim - thanks for the liners that it so lovely

Must go A is whinging for a cuddle!

welcome Alz congratultions on Ethan's arrival. Doctors can be great sometimes but other times they can justleave u feeling even more confused and deflated. Ive had Tyron to Paed and docs i think 4times now in as many weeks and only just now feel like we're getting somewhere.

Celtic how horrible for you, i hope you are recovering well and can get back on track, gosh that sounds like an aweful experience.

I call Nixon's 'wee wee' at the moment. he doesnt know the difference between boys and girls yet but i suppose we will need to start calling it something else. ATM im trying to teach him to tell me when he has done poos. He always answers "no" when i ask and he hasnt but hasnt told me "yes" when he has!

Tyron's jaundice was ok yesterday. i was a lot happier with the diff paed i saw, i finally got a script for Zantac so will get that today and see if it helps him.
    he also said his nose is very blocked with mucos and could be another factor why he doesnt bf properly.... so gtta get a certain spray aswell today. Does anyones bubs pig snort when they cry? Tyron does and always had and apparently thats why.... he said in serious cases they have to go to hosp and get the mucos sucked out of a tube cause it dries up and comletley blocks teir little noses.
    i succesfully bf him again last night for the first time in a couple of days, so little steps, i was ready to give up again but now i will wait for the zantac to kick in and tis nose spray and give it a little longer.
    How are you doing with it Catherine?

Claire- LOL i thought u were grocery shopping on Monday?! I never did it monday either, i have my 6week check up toda, Mum minding nixon and she told me to go do my shopping afterwards, i'll just have Ty with me.

Great sleep from caitlyn Rebecca! Ty did well last night too he went 10pm -5am!! i feelso much better today for it

Logged on an hour ago to post, but had to put L down for his morning sleep and only just got back. In that time there are a million other posts to get through.

Nic - L does little piggy sounds sometimes when he cries. He doesn't have a problem with mucos tho, or not that I have seen. I think its cute but might get it checked out when I see the paed in a few weeks time.

Celtic - OMG, you poor thing. You really have had a rough time. I hope you are now getting better.

Welcome Alz.

Becky - a get together before Xmas would be good. Tuesday and Thursday aren't good for me next week, and Thursday 13/12 is out also. Depending on who can come perhaps look at either Garden City, Southbank or Indooroopilly (there are a few of us on the west side), a park or other location would be fine too.

Rebecca - glad to hear you had a great night. Hope today is just as good for you.

L is still waking every 2 hours overnight and taking up to an hour to settle back to sleep. So effectively we are sleeping about an hour or a little more at a time. All I am doing is feeding and burping him. I try not to change his nappy but if it is really smelly or I have heard him do poos I will change him. Last night 'tho I changed him twice so then had to feed him and burp him again to settle him. I don't turn the lights on and try to keep the stimulation down. Its so frustrating!

I'll check in later

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast