Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #5

Rachael - OMG that is terrible! That poor little boy! Not to mention all the germires that are being spread around!!

Kristie - yeah, I'm still trying to decide whether to take her out of the cot or not. Here is my idea. As there are 2 things that worry me: 1. falling out of bed. 2. coming out of her room 100 times a night. So with her bed (we've had it for ages) it's a trundle, where you slide out the mattress from underneath. So each night, I will just slide out the trundle so that if she fell out she would just fall straight onto the mattress IYKWIM? And 2. I am thinking of getting a gate for the doorway, so that she can't come out of her room. She's knows it's sleep time. If she has a quiet play that's fine, but I guess it's a step down from the cot, a bit more freedom but not too much. How do you think that sounds? Any input would be great!! Oh - & it was SO much fun decorating!!

The av - we swapped them all over for april fools Mine must have been to naughty ROFL!!!

Milo's bed (its in our garage, it was my cousins) has a trundle too, and when we move him in to it we will be doing the same thing Linda, with the trundle being pulled out.

Hmm. Milo still has milk everynight before bed, in a bottle, in my arms.
    I think I might need to work on that one abit before he goes in to his big bed....

Any ideas?

Would he have it in his cot Rachael? I SO miss that cuddle time with milk. Once I stopped bf & it was bottle, she now goes to her little pooh lounge to drink it - Miss independant LOL.

Not sure. At the moment he won't drink milk from a cup at all, even though he will drink other drink froma cup with no issue.
    I don't really want to put him to bed with a bottle so I'm not sure..

Probably not the advice you're after, but I say enjoy it Bottle & cuddles are lovely.

havnt been in cos i really didnt know how i was going to say this.............
    even after having my tubes tied i have just found out that i am pregnant again.
    i am a mess and i dont know what to do.
    nikki

OMG Nikki. Wow. First of all congrats. I'm sure this must be a HUGE shock though, it sounds like you are a bit floored by it. HAve you seen your dr yet? Have you spoken to him about it all? :Hug: I hope you are OK

no i havnt yet linda.i am just in major denial right now.i just dont want to deal with it at all.
    this just cant be happening to me. and my poor family
    nikki

Are you sure then? Could it be some kind of hormonal thing? Sorry, this must be really tough.

two positive hpts,very dark lines.no mistake
    nikki

Nikki I dont know what to say. I would definate suggest going to docs to make sure but WOW 2 + HPT sounds like you are pregnant. Have you told Grant? Darling I am here for you please ring me if you need anything, even just an ear to chew.
    Linda the trundle bed idea sounds like a good one. I am sure Emma will be fine in the new bed. Good idea doing it before new bubs arrives.
    Cindy WOW Tori is a little dare devil isnt she. I hope she is ok.
    Krisite whats with the early get ups lately? Jordan was up at 6am today so I feel your pain. I am knackered and about to head off to bed.
    Rachael EWW about the kid at the playground. Gotta love the cuddles though

Well today was MILs bday so she and FIL now know that they are coming to NZ with us in sept and they are excited. MIL thought she would never go overseas and now she is. It was a great day.
    Heading off to bed as am completely knackered.
    Night night
    XX

Nikki, not sure what to say either except to have a chat to your doctor & Grant. Plese know I'm here if u need to talk.

Linda, will the new baby have his/her own room? If so, are you going to move Emma to a new room and the new baby in the nursery? Thats what a friend of our did, and the big girl bed came with the new room etc. they did it while she was pg, and it was all about her daughter being a big sister now, so she'd need a big bed etc (She turned 2 the week before her little sister was born)

RAchael - yeah, she's got her own 'big room' now, so they will have separate rooms. I think it will be at least a month before we move her in though, because there are still things we have to buy. But she has been going in there & playing & sitting on the soft chairs, so I think it's a good start. It still feels like she's too little!!!!

Nikki - Have been thinking of you. Hope you are OK.

Tracey - that's wonderful you are going OS with your ILs. Glad she is so excited too. That's great!

okay time to let you off the hook.APRIL FOOLS....HEHEHE!!!!!!
    arnt i horrible.
    i was going to jump on before the day ended yesterday,as it was actually 1st april then but i didnt think enough of you had got my message yet.it was actually all dhs idea,isnt he evil.hehahehahhhheeeeee!!!!(evil laugh)
    hope i havnt upset anyone,just thought it was a good way to fool you all.hhhmmmm,reading back it is quite cruel.sorry.(bows head in shame).
    on another note,when grant got up saturday morning he had a good look at the new car and had a spastic attack,he was not happy with it at all,he found lots of scratches that he didnt see before when he looked at it and took it straight back for a refund,i was rather disapointed but mostly annoyed that he made such a fool of himself.he should have been sure before purchasing it,he said he didnt think it was worth $40,000 and that a car of that price should be immaculate,i agree with him but i tried to explain to him that it wasnt brand new and that he should expect a few things to be not perfect.
    at least i got to drive it to the footy fri night.oh well.
    cindy does al barrack for the demons.?
    well we are busy getting ready to renovate the new house,we went there last night and took some measurments.we are changing
    kitchen bench tops
    new carpet
    new paint
    new shower screens
    new tiles to kitchen and bathrooms
    new kitchen appliances
    and a few other bits and peices,we have about 2 weeks to do it all,will be a big challenge for us especially as grant works through the day and will only have the evenings to do it.i am putting both the babies into daycare for a week so i can paint the house and help coordinate a few of the tradesmen.getting very excited but have alot of packing to do in the meantime.just cant get motivated,dont know where to start.
    we get the keys next tuesday.
    ok sorry again for my mean joke.especially to you linda.
    nikki

OMG, that is SO mean Nikki! You are a norty girl!!!!
    You aren't supposed to do April Fools after midday.
    I was sitting here all worried and everything!!

Hi!

I think the nesting has kicked in! hehe. Was up until 1.30am this morning putting Louis' photos into albums! hehe. Soooo tired now though! I think I'll need a snooze when Louis has his sleep!

I've been waiting for that message Nikki!
    After reading this morning I got all worried and called her!! So I knew this morning it was joke! Not good for a p/g emotional woman! hehehehe. However, a good one as I well and truly fell for it! I hope it doesn't happen for you as Karma now!!!!
    Bugger about the car...I'm sure you'll find a great one soon! Wow on the house - you guys sound like your going to be sooo busy for the next two weeks! It will be so nice when it's all done though. Sounds like a plan to put the kids into childcare if you want to get it all done though!

Rachael - Sounds like you had a nice walk. OMG thats so gross about the sick. I wouldn't be happy at all either. Who just lets there kid be sick and say they'll be right?? Very strange (and sad..)
    Sorry can't really help on the milk situation. Louis has never had bottles!! (well apart from a few expressed ones when he was a teeny tiny baby) We gave him cups of water from about 4-5 months old. When I weaned him we put him straight onto a sippy cup of milk. He sometimes has a whole cup, sometimes just a sip. I remember when we first did it he was a bit fussy but we just persisted and he soon knew there wouldn't be anything else. So he only has milk on his weetbix and cup of it before bed....Saying that he does drink it on the couch with us and has cuddles (mostly with dh) and after he's finished has his blanket and dummy for 5-10min before we put him to bed...

Linda - The trundle sounds like a great idea. I'm going to get one of those side barrier things...We've got a gate on Louis' room although it's locked open!! hehe. So no point to it because when we tried to put him in it when he was little he just screamed so it never worked for us. I've kept it on there because I'm thinking I may be able to lock Dylan in there sometimes so I don't have to worry about Louis getting at him. hehe. In saying that Louis sleeps with his door closes and can't reach the handle so I assume we'll just keep it closed and hope he doesn't come banging at it. I think we'll just have to play that one by ear. They say to just be consistent and keep putting them back to bed so hopefully that will work.

Tracey - Aaah - I know!! Louis was calling out at 6.55am this morning. I tried to put him back to sleep but 20min later he was yelling out again. So didn't want to get up (especially since going to bed soo late). What a suprise for your IL's!! Thats great!

Ok - better go and hang out some washing and have to go and pay for Louis' swimming lessons next term.
    Chat later!

Nikki - you are so mean!!! I felt sick for you when i read it. Oh man you are in big trouble when i see you next!
    Yes al is a demons supporter, always has been even though growing up in QLD you would think he would go for brisbane. He loves his dees and cant wait till the girls are old anough to go and enjoy it with him. I dont really understand footy, i had a dad that was into bball and motor racing of any type so didnt really watch footy growing up much to als dislike.
    BUgger about the car! Did they take it back with no problems? I think al has his mind on getting us a prado now, just waiting for a good one to be traded in coz we get to buy cars at trade in price! Did they give the money back? I think you have a cool off period...

Kristie- I'm with you on the nesting a the moment, the house is dong my head in, i get it tidy andthen she wakes and its all over the place again! Bloody kids! I was up lastnight till about 12 putting all of toris pics in albums too lastnight!
    Then i went to bed and we did the deed for the first time in ages and Al said this morning that i basically rolled over and started snoring, must have done the job of relaxing me! Might have to gie it a go more often so i actually get to sleep.

Linda - i was aondering about your ticker too, was sondering what could needto be sensored! On the bed thing, i am planning to get a trundle too but still put a barrier on it just coz she is such a wriggler all the time! I will get that organised when the new one is needing the cot but i will make a fuss of making her room special and moving her to the spare one etc and probably put the cot in our room for a few months and then put them both in the same room. I am hoping they wont unsettle eachother coz i really want to have a spare room having so many people from interstate to visit and need a room.

Rachel - I'm with linda on the bottle thing at night, makethe most ofthe cuddles i say. We got a straw cup for tori and her milk at night and we give it to her and she just goes off to bed with it. She isnt bothered if we just put water in it either (on hot nights) she will settle herself back to sleep a few times a night by having a bit of a sip and she is right again!

Tracey - hows things? are you peeing on sticks every 5 minutes? I remember the first time we were trying i got a heap of preg tests off ebay and was doing one every morning! I was a touch obsessed.

I am off now, tori was meant to be having a nap for me but i dont think its going to happen!

yes we are evil,looking back now i dont think it was very tasteful so again i am very sorry.not clever....
    cindy tell al if he ever wants to go to a game with fellow demon supporters to give us a ring cos we go regularily and i think grant would enjoy going with a mate for once.
    no we didnt get all our money back they took $2000 from us for pulling out of the sale.
    grant is not happy at all......
    nikki

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast