Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2005 #3

Default Babies Born September 2005 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    nellbe - [email protected]
    *Shannon* - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

September '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Inspiral
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 6 September, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3740g, Length - 50cm, Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Emma Alice Dawn
    Baby's Website: http://www.flickr.com/photos/benjamins-boyle/sets/1030456/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Born one week overdue, came home same day.

Forum Name: Custardtart
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 7th September 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4.565 kg/ 10lb 1oz Length - 53.5 cm Head Circumferance: 37cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Max Zachariah
    Baby's Website: -
    Health Concerns: jaundice, had 48 hours phototherapy in hospital and needs to be fed every four hours to maintain fluids. Fortunately, this is his regular sleeping/waking pattern since birth!
    Notes: Induced due to hypertension four days early, after 24 hours of labour tried for forceps delivery as he was presenting slightly posterior, ended up with an unplanned C-section.

Forum Name: sfischer
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 12th September 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3260g / 51cm / 34cm
    Baby Name(s): Stephanie Kristina
    Baby's Website: None
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Born at 37 weeks and 2 days, 2.5 hr labour, no problems feeding, beautiful little baby.

Forum Name: ellibugs
    State: S.A
    Baby's DOB: 14th September 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 4.160-53cm-36cm
    Baby Name(s): Makon Tomack
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: induced 2xgels, ARM, Drip, Lots of gas, Vag birth (cant really call it natural) episiotomy and major tear.

name:kirsty77
    State:Qld
    Babies DOB: 15th September 2005
    Babies stats: weight-8ib13oz 4.010gm length-52cm head circ-34cm
    Baby name:Gemma Louise
    Baby's website:www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gemmalouise
    Health concerns:none
    Notes:Was induced with gel due to me being 7 days overdue.23 hours of labour that wasn't progressing past 9cm dilation due to my pelvis being to small to birth her.Resulted in an emergency c/s.

Forum Name: amanda_s
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 17th september 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Leah
    Baby's Website: http://www.worldofwinter.com/MissJones/
    Health Concerns: Hip Dysplasia in left hip - currently wearing a Pavlik harness
    Notes: induced labour, long labour not to birth plan - lots of drugs!, vag birth

Forum Name: Barley1 (tracey)
    Baby's DOB: 20th September 2005
    Baby's Stats:8lb1ounce, 50cm, 34cm
    Baby Name(s): Indah Rose
    Baby's Website: in my signature....
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Breast feeding & doing well

Forum Name: Pearl
    Baby's DOB: 20th September 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4.00kg (8lb 13oz) Length - 52cm Head Circ - can't remember - does 32cm sound too big?
    Baby Name(s): James Finn
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: 4 days overdue, induced then born by emergency c/s

Forum Name:Alex&jack
    State:Vic
    Baby's DOB:20/09/2005
    Gender of Baby:Boy
    Baby Name(s):Jack Ryan
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)Had colic early on but seems to have passed now at about 3 months.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 weeks early by c/s due to placenta praevia.

Forum Name: nixie
    Baby's DOB: 23rd September 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 6oz, Length - 48.5cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby Name(s): Reilly Matthew
    Baby's Website: not yet!
    Health Concerns: nothing so far (fingers crossed)
    Notes: 4 days late, born after 7 hours of progressing labour (he had been a bit stop-start for about 8 hours prior), had gas, pethadine and epidural, ended up with a small tear requiring 2 stitches. Apgar of 9 and 9. Left hospital after 34 hours.

Forum Name: Divvy
    Baby's DOB: 27th September 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 9lb 7oz (4280gms), Length - 51.5cm Head Circ - 37.5cm
    Baby Name(s): Edward William John (Ned)
    Baby's Website: like hello....
    Health Concerns: Sticky eye, won't turn head to left - appointment February 1 @ RCH
    Notes: was attempting vbac, but after 8 days overdue and nothing happening, turned into a c/s...

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Damn your quick off the mark Kathryn!! Just posted and its already locked!LOL!

WOW, a new thread already!!!!!

A new thread!! We must talk alot ladies

How is everyone today?? Jack is still sick and now I'm feeling crap as well!!
    Oh well thats life.. Divvy, my sympathy goes out to you and your family. I know how u feel. Hope we all get better soon[-o<

Um Kirsty and Trace, I read before that both Indah and Gemma move around alot in their cots and end up being cold with no blankets on them. Well Jack has started to kick his blankets off (he thinks its a big game!!), so I bought a Grobag baby sleeping bag. They keep them warm and they are a great idea.

I haven't got it yet as I ordered it online because they have a big sale on at the moment (I got mine at about 1/2 price!!), so when I get mine I will tell u how it all goes...

Ok gotta go as the little man is waking up and we have dinner at our fav place for my brother's 16th b'day!!

Cheerio!!

I grabbed Indah a winnie the Pooh sleeping bag from KMart Sale... She slept from 9pm til 8am this morning & fed & went straight back to sleep til 11:30am!!!
    I think she was cold... So will use it all the time now!!!!

Alex, your not supposed to add links......

Hope your grobag works too!

Great stuff Trace!!

Sorry, I didn't know about that, but it wasn't a link, I just highlighted it 8-[

Jack is still sick but slept from 9.45pm till about 9am, only waking up at 6am, and I put his dummy back in and went back to sleep.

He must need his sleep to get better...

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Purely selfish post as Gemma is reallu unwell.She has a bloced stuffy nose, a cough and is a bit vomity.Any advice would be greatly appreciated as she was up hourly poor little mite.Feel so useless uts not even funny!She slept with me last night Corey slept in the spare room.She keeps vomiting up the panadol but doesn't seem to have a temp(yet)

Poor little Gemma!! I know how u feel Kirsty, but you must feel worse from lack of sleep

Jack still has a bit of a stuffy nose and a cough, and I've been using Demazin
    Infant Syrup. It's a decongestant and is supposed to help relieve the symptoms of colds. I've also been using Euky Bearub. Its a eucalyptus chest rub for bubbas and I put it on his chest, throat and back after his nightly bath. And sometimes during the day if he is really bad.

And maybe a vaporiser in her room might help.

HTH babe.. :flower:
    And Gemma gets better real soon..

Hee hee Sorry Alex, I just saw it highlighted & thought ooopsy se will get a smack!!! ha ha........

Oh Kirsty & poor lil' Gemma...

Try propping her up to sleep (although she isnt getting any sleep from the sounds of it) to stop the phlegm from running back into her throat & swallowing it....
    A vaporiser is good, you should be able to hire from a chemist or Dr's??? Ask at chemist also about a baby cold & flu syrup or rub like Alex suggested!!!

Try to get her to take fluids & maybe the panadol is making her vomit? Maybe try something else, but if she has no temp maybe dont use any???

Give her a massage too, it might help move the phlegm & realx her too...

Poor little mite, I hope she is feeling better soon....

Now go rest & let Corey tend to her for a bit..

Kirsty77 Guest

Thank you so much girls for the quick responses.Was hoping you'd come on today!!Gem's still not sleeping and is just sooo exhausted.Have put some baby balm rub on her chest.Will try everything that you have suggested, thanks again.

Just ducking in here for a sec. Kirsty, have you tried one of those snot sucker things? Sorry I don't know the proper name! It's great on Lucie when she is a bit blocked up. I give hew a few drops of the nasal saline stuff and then about 5 minutes later suck all the gunk out with the suction thing. It works wonders.

Oh and sleeping bags....only thing for Lucie, she hates blankets. Grobags are fab too.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey Soph!

Yeh I tried it but it didn't realy move to much of it out.Shes congested quite badly.You know how when you have a bad head cold and theres just heaps of the stuff!

Well I had a nap and feel much better.Corey then took her into our room and they fell asleep together!So cute.She slept for an hour which is fantastic! The funny thing is shes in such high spirits.She's just soooo happy!Managed to get some panadol into her too as her temp is creeping up which I suspected it might.Shes just so hilarious!She's laying on her floor play mat chatting and laughing away and sneezing and coughing.Luckily she stll kinda has a apetite.

Am taking tomorrow off as she can't go to daycare like this and just wants mummy.It really ticks me off that she caught it from daycare and that somebody there has sneezed on her or not washed their hands properly! :fuming:

Oh yeah Kirsty, I forgot about that too. It's called Fess Little Noses. They are saline drops and they soften the mucus/snot and then after say 5 mins, use the aspirator and suck the yucky stuff out :shock: Available from chemist, babe.

Also I found that in the bath, just when they are ready to get out, use the aspirator, suck up a little warm bath water and squirt a bit up their nose so that they push it out along with the yucky stuff too IYKWIM?
    I found that helped Jack get out all the gunk up his nose b4 bed. He didn't like it but thats why we did it just b4 he got out, so we could give him a big cuddle

HTH some more luv...

Kirsty77 Guest

Thanks Alex I'll try that during her bath tonight.I hate using the sucker thing!She hates it!I seriously don't know what I'd do without you guys! :smt058

:fuming: Who ever thought of the saying... I slept like a baby??!

Indah was awake from 9pm til 1am last night, I am so tired, in at work absolutely zonked!!!
    She fed for ages & I gave her another bottle of formula, so if this is a growth spurt, I am imagining her to be a giant by the time I go home this afternoon!!!!
    Hopefully she will sleep tonight, coz I need sleep!!!!!!

Hope Gemma is feeling better, I noticed Indah sneezing & coughing last night & this morning, I also have a sore throat so maybe we are getting it too!!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Oh no Trace I hope you guys aren't getting it!Gem's a bit better this morning.Still souns hoarse and still really cuddly but she slept all night which she really needed.I've taken today off to be with her.

Hope you get some sleep tonight Tracey.LOL at Indah being a giant when you get home!!hehe

How are you today Alex?

Hi Ladies

Hope u can slip in a sleep at work Trace hehehe!! Hope she had heaps to eat today if it is a growth spurt, and she sleeps like a log 2nite!!

I'm still feeling like crap Kirsty, but trying to put on a brave face for bubba! Thanks for asking.
    And thank god for those cold and flu capsules [-o<

Jack seems to be a bit better, but still stuffy nose and coughing every now and then. I've got him in a Bonds Wondersuit 2day, and he has been all snuggly warm and is still asleep now!!

But last night he screamed the house down for about an hour before he went to bed. He didn't want his bottle and kept shoving his hand in his mouth. I felt his gums and the top one feel quite rough so I wonder if he is teething :shock:

Hope u ladies are ok and bubbas are ok 2...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast