Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #2

Maz, I'm going through the same as you. I'm teetering on the edge and am about to give up too. My nipples are killing me - they burn all day. I have tried attaching him differently but nothings working. I'm going to do a post in the BF section and see if someone can help me. Ive got the nurse coming to weigh him tomorrow and I bet he still hasn't put anything on. I've got the guilts BIG TIME and I dont think the pressure I'm putting on myself is helping very much. Sorry Maz - that was supposed to be about helping you and turned into my own saga

OH Nat thank god that im not the only one feeling like this. Im so scared that if I don't nip this in the bud now that IM going to end up a big mess with post natal depression. Ive had 2 gf's who have had it and Jed had it with the boys so I know the warning signs..and yes im showing a few of them.
    Mate i bet if we could, all us mums who are feeling like this at the moment would be having a big group hug and cry.
    xxmaz

Awwwwwwww hugs to all who are having major issues BF'ing. Don't beat yourselves up over it ladies... ultimately, you all have to do what is best for both you and the baby. After all, happy mum = happy baby!

Belle - Great to see you in here hon. Sorry to hear the Julia isn't settling... Alexander has a lot of those days, we just do what we can (feed, change, swaddle etc) and other than that, all I can do is hold him tight whilst he cries it out and sometimes that can take a while. Quite often tho, he'll let out a huge burp or fart and be (sort of) content again. Today has been one of those days - it's taken me all morning to settle the little guy and even now, he is very restless and noisy in his sleep.

Well, gonna go make myself some lunch whilst I get a chance... I just don't seem to have enough hours in the day to eat anymore. arggghhhhh, loosing too much weight now.

On a good note, I'm loving the new Avent breast pump... I wish I had realised how awesome it was and just forked out the $$$ for it in the first place! It's over twice as fast as the other one I had.

Maz, I just posted in the breast and bottle feeding thread under I need Help... again

hey girls,

sounds like everyone is having a hard time with there little ones today. hope they all settle for you all soon.

belle - hope you got her settled did the water work at all ?? wish i could have been more help.

maz - i know how you feel my friend is starting to feel like that as well. all you can do is take one day at a time.

hope everyone feels better tomorrow .

well im off gotta have a shower and get ready to go out tonight.

Adele

Hi all,
    I have returned from hospital.
    Ashleigh was born Mon 18/09 at 8:46pm, weighing 7 pounds 7 ounces, length 50.5cm.

It was a long and very painful labour until the lovely anethitist came along and gave me my epidural. I will get around eventually to writing my birth story.

Ashleigh has latched on really well and is feeding good. She's been good baby so far but it has only been 3 days!

The hosp staff very nice and would take her out at night, and bring her in just for feeds, they'd change her nappy clean up vomit or anything like that to help us get sleep.

Baby blues kicked in, hormones mixed with lack of sleep and such an overwhelming feeling aren't a good combination. I'm glad to be home but **** scared at the same time too.

I think my milk is on its way in cause went to sleep with mango's and woke up with watermelons! They're feeling quite hard and sore. Nipples are doing okay once i started using that lasinoh cream, got a little bruise too on one side on the first day.

Glad to see you here Shellbell! Cant wait to read your birth story.

Maz, thanks to the girls in the other thread I'm thinking my problem may be thrush. Mastitis and thrush in a week - gotta love parenting, lol. Ive had the depression thought too. I'm not depressed but am very anxious. I just seem to worry about everything. Like over the top. I'll just have to see how I go.

Maz im sorry i couldnt take your call.My mum and dad were over and they were upset as dad had to put the family dog down.She was 17 at chrissy. A good innings but sad way to go.
    Me booked a lacto consultant for monday but i dont know why i bothered.1 boob is good,the other hardly got milk and ruby wont latch on.She prefers bottle i think!
    She was so unsettled this morning but an angel this arvo.Thankgoodness.
    welcome back shell!

Natalie - Ive been feeling a bit dizzy and hot and cold in the last 2 days. I didn't even twig to it but Jed said that Ive been like that. Im not going back to breast. I felt a calm come over me when I decided that it was formula time. I gave Vyolett a bath and bottle at 4.30 and she hasnt even cried once since...she's sound asleep. Still im going to go to the breast and bottle feed forum in a min.
    Caddie - dont stress hon, I totally understand. I'll try and give you a call tomorrow. By bb's are the same as you, one works and the other's gone on strike.
    Belle - hope that your feeling better and getting out a bit.
    Shell - oh im so glad your finally here mate. Great to see Ashleigh is feeding well and that your home.
    Anna - I'll give you some of my fat to loose if you like ow well it was worth a try.
    IM gonig to down load a pic of me and my 'twins'. Jed and I dressed Vyolett and Wilhelms baby born doll in the same bonds suit just so we could take a pic and send it to Jeds mum. She was hoping we were having twins (God I would have shot myself). I'll let you know when ive down loaded it so you can have a laugh aswell.
    xxmaz

OMG just had the worst 24 hours!! Nina has developed a nappy rash (hopefully it's not thrush) if it doesn't clear soon I think I'll take her to the dr. She just screams everytime she needs to wee or poo, and just wants cuddles.
    Shellbell, congrats on the birth of Ashleigh.
    Hope everyones b/f problems are sorting themselves out. Just remember, like someone else said, happy mummy = happy baby!!

Jodi_Lee - Poor little Nina getting nappy rash! How bad is it? I've had a lot of luck using the Gaia Skin Soothing lotion on Alexander... but I think the cream needs to be applied before it gets too nasty as it's more of a preventative..

Xander was a right little snot all of yesterday and most of last night... insisting on feeding 2 hourly again (after we finally got him to 3 hourly) and generally whinging/screaming the whole time between feeds. arggghhhhh. Maybe he's about to have another growth spurt, I think I read somewhere that they have one at about 6 weeks?

jodi go to the chemist and get nappy rash cream.Its this thick pink stuff.Puts a barrier between rash and wees and works all the time for my No1 daughter.They use it at the hospitals.

Jodi, make sure you air it as much as you can.

we're giving her heaps of nappy free time. My MIL bought some nappy rash cream from the chemist which seems to be clearing it up. She's not screaming in pain anymore, so that's a good sign.

Glad to hear the screaming has stopped! Poor lil girl. Is Nina is 'sposies? If so, just slather on the cream... I can't do that as the creams block up the cloth nappies.

How's everyone else going? Yesterday I tried in absolute vain to find both the receipt and the warranty card for Alexander... turns out you don't get one??? bugger.

Today, he seems a little bit better and more settled. At least he is napping/sleeping. He seems to have a major preference for sleeping with his head on one side.. I've been turning him in his sleep to try and prevent a flat spot... but I am not game to today in case I wake him! OH well, he can just have some more tummy time later to make up for it.

hi girls well I too have had worst 24hrs, shes feeding ok but me, I ate something now sick as dog and got gastro thinking of you all just wanted to say hello quick, back to sofa now.

Bel
    xxx

hey everyone,

hope everyone is feeling a bit better today.

belle sorry to hear you still dont feel so good. hope you get better soon.

well im cleaning the house up so it done. so i dont have to do so much tomorrow as im going to need to rest like anything for sunday lol.

and i know i wont want to clean the house up on monday when i come home.

thats it from me for now.

All the best

Adele

Bel, sorry to hear you're sick. Gastro sucks!!
    Nina is normally in cloth during the day, but with her rash we can't have her in them, so we have her in disposables. The rash seems to be clearing up now, and she's a lot more content than last night.
    Anna lol about the receipt and warranty, if only you could exchange when they're unsettled!! I'm forever asking Nina 'what is the matter darling' when she's crying. She just looks at me and cries some more!!!
    Adele, best of luck for the weekend!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast