Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #25

maz - I had gastro last week too. Sucks doesn't it!

annat - I hope the gyno is a little more help than that stupid dr. My dr said if I hadn't conceived in 12 months than he'll start looking into it.

neesa - I hope you get some help with the depression. It's not a nice thing to go through. We're all here for you if you need us. We're all on msn if you want to talk away from here.
    Happy 4 months Annika!!

chrissy - 12 pregnancies!!! Your superwoman to keep trying and not giving up. Good on you.

Well I've got some news ... I've got a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The real estate where my mum works is in desperate need of some help as they're short staffed and Nina starts day care next week for 2 days a week, so they've hired me. I've done it all before and it's only 2 days a week. Funny thing is I'm not one bit nervous about putting Nina into daycare, I'm more nervous about working! I didn't expect to be going back to work for a few years. It'll give me some pocket money to go shopping with at least. I have an excuse to go shopping this week now, I need work clothes!
    Nina's been a little angel today. Went to the MCHN and said she's hungry and to start the solids back up. I'm going to start again tomorrow. She slept much better last night and hopefully tonight will be the same.
    I'm so excited, can't wait to tell Heath

Jodi- Wow, congrats Jodi on the job! It'll be nice to have that bit of extra money and get yourself out of the house. I can't imagine at the moment working, just feel way too tired all the time!

shell I'm so nervous about it. We don't really need the money, it'll be good to get out and do something other than being a mum! I might feel normal again.
    How's Ash been for you? Is she settling for day sleeps ok?

Hey Congrats Jodi! That sounds like fun!

Owww Maz, I hope you get a chance to rest up! Lots of hot drinks and whatever else makes you feel looked after!

AnnaT, at least you got the referral! As for the sample, if there was no sticky bit, I would have been suggesting you pop him on a blanket and rag on the floor, and have a bit of nappy free time, bag in one hand, and book in the other, or watch tv!

Wow Chrissy, that's quite the reproductive history!! Ohh I'm so excited wondering who will be the first to fall again!

Wow I am knackered. Dh dragged me off to the tennis court down the road to play a casual game with our friends. Boy I have never run, jumped or laughed so hard in my life. Hopefully its knocked off a few more kgs. Jett was a bit grizzly cause of his needles. Now he has big lumps on his legs where the needles went and he is very very unhappy He is asleep so I might put him to bed. Hopefully he stays down all night and feels better in the morning.

As for me its time to get jiggy with it for O day, so I hope Dh is feeling fit

ETA - will let you know how my wee catching goes tomorrow after Ive attempted it and given it to the lab. Apart from that, I will be cleaning my house up.

ruby is a turd.Everynite i have to hold her and rock or push in the pram to sleep.Aarons no help,except to say you cant do this all the time! Well durhh.I hope she grows out of it as i am at my wits end.Im sick of doing all this baby stuff.sometimes.

Okay she is asleep now i feel bad for whinging.I think she is teething or had a bit of reflux as she vomited and ws regurging alot tonight.But when she was screaming she was like in a trance and pulling at her ears.I gave her panadol but she was asleep before it would have taken affect.DH(grr) all he did was say come on ruby enough now.I said as if she is going to understand that and you wouldnt even know what it was like to do this friggin all the time.He can keep his trap shut!!

well done jodi on the job.

annat - how ddi you go with the sample riley had heaps of them on him when he was in hospital lol he didnt like it hahaha

maz - get better soon chicky.

caddie - i know what you been on that one riley is going through that stage at the moment. i end up yelling at simon fro some help lol. ahh only if they knew what they were like when there not home. go caddie

nessa- you know im only around the corner and i know what you are going through. cya tomorrow.

chrissy- when do you do a preggie test to see if you are preggie me and nessa are dieing to know lol.

well im off to bed akira goes back to kindy tomorrow yay and riley has his needles tomorrow everyone touch wood and hope he doesnt get really sick again i will let you all know how he goe tomorrow.

night all

Adele

Good morning everyone..

Well spoke to DH about Warcraft and we've agreed he can play it when he comes home from work (at about 2.30pm) until i give Jesse his bath and bottle at 5.30pm then he has to come off and either play with Jesse or have family time. We'll see how long that lasts.

Shellbell.. i know i cant stand hearing them whinge either.. DH isnt phased by it either.. Jesse will be sitting next to him whinging and ill have to say to him can you giv ehim he's dummy (thats what he's usually whinging about) and then he stops.

Nessa..aw i hope Teleah is ok, and you for that matter.. we're all here if you need a shoulder or ear to chat in ok. Happy 4 months (and 1 day) Annika!!

AnnaT.. Hope Jett was ok after his needles last night. I was gonna say yeh id probably just tape it.. or maybe give him some nappy free time, im sure he'd love it but sit with him on a blanket or something? 2-4 years is a long time to wait without any help if you ask me! Id be too impatient for that! Id get a second opinion too. btw.. What an adorable photo of Jett!!!

Maz.. hope youre feeling better today.

Jodi.. Congtratulations! On your new job!! Im so lazy, i dont ever want to go back to work.

Caddie.. dont feel bad whinging.. least youre getting it out.. Jesse's been driving me batty lately with his whinging.. it just seems like it never ends. DH said last night i hope its just a phase he's going through.. and so do i! I think his problem is he's getting so frustraited he cant do any thing.. i think once he can sit up and move around he'll be a lot happier.

Adele.. good luck with Riley's needles!

Hi everyone else

Jess woke up at 4.30am this morning and thought it was play time.. so gave him his dummy and he went back to sleep til 5.30am.. so then took him to bed with me. He was lying there playing with his dummy and then put it back in his mouth by himself.. was so proud! Ohh that would be the answer to all my problems if he could keep that up!
    Ok... Jesse is starting to break out now in his daily whinge.. back later.

xx

ADELE, well i willprobably test on the weekend i am 8DPO today, so usually HPT pick up early ones at any day after 10DPO, my temp has gone up again today, but not hugely, and i have been taking it on waking same time, to answer your question shell, but the funny thing is i looked on this website about lunar TTC, and you put in the time you where born and it comes up with times and dates in a year that you will conceive, and mine was this morning at 4.48am, so i woke craig at 3.30am and had a little one just to make sure, oh and it also said i will conceive a boy........mmmm.......but i know i O 8 days ago, god i would hate to O twice in a month and end up with twins, but i dnt think there is much chance of that happening.

have a great day girls

high school doesnt go back till tomorrow, my attitude cow is still at home today, but the rest have gone back to school

Last night was hell :frown:
    Jett went down at 9:30. He woke up screaming at 1:45 (Id only gone to bed at midnight) with a 38.1 fever. Ive never been so paniced in all my life. I got his cold water bottle out of the fridge and gave it to him after some panadol and wiped him down with a cold face flannel. Finally at 3:30 his temp went down to 37 so I got him off to sleep and put him back in bed. Awake again at 5:30. Gave him more panadol and a bottle and he went back down. Didnt wake til 9:30. He seems ok now, still a bit warm but nowhere near what he was last night. The nurse said the side effects of the vaxs arent that severe and that he'd get a MILD fever. He didnt feel mild to me last night, I could hardly touch him he was that hot and he didnt want me to touch him.

Dh woke up when he cried at 5:30am and asked him what the heck his problem was so I went into a tirade about how I was up at 1:45 dealing with a screaming baby with a high fever while he slept. Only problem there is Dh's attitude.

Im going to try and get us to nap today. To make matter worse I think Im getting sick. Ugh.

AnnaT- isn't it funny how men manage to sleep thru babies crying but us mummies wake at slightest sound! How is Jett now? has he settled? They say anything under 38.5 is okay but its stil hard not to panic.
    Good luck on catching that egg!

chrissy- Wow you are eager, 3:30am I would much prefer to sleep! I'll have to check out that lunar website and see if when we conceived Ash was correct. Can you look in the past or does it just show future times to conceieve?

Kellxx- Your Dh should be very happy with that deal, 3 hours a day of warcraft, he is an addict!

Adele- How did Riley go with his needles?

caddie- My Dh usually helps when Ash won't settle but its only for a little while then when he's had enough he's like, just leave her to cry, she's playing with us! And I'm left to settle her.

Jodi- i was thinking bout you last night and your job and breastfeeding. Are you gonna give formula on the days you work and express at work to keep up supply? Just interested for when I return to work, (not for a few months yet) cause when i do go back I'll prolly start 2 days/ week so like to know how you go.

Ash good girl today, slept in til just after 9 again, Yay lets me sleep in.
    Got mums group at my place today so been tidying up a bit.

Hes still a bit grizzly and warm but he was smiling and chatting away at me before so I think he is feeling better. His temp is at 36.8 so normal. Will attempt the wee catching later this arvo after Dh is home so I dont have to drag the poor thing into town just to drop it off.
    Off to shower and have some lunch.

Just a quick ? for those whove had vaccinations.

I know they can get a lump where the injection site is but is it ok to be pretty big and very red?

annat - I know a lump is normal, so is a fever, but dunno if it's ok for the lump to be big and very red? Maybe phone your dr or MCHN.

shell - I'm going to express and give daycare the EBM and while I'm at work I'll express every couple of hours to keep up the supply. I'm buying an electric breast pump. Nina isn't keen on formula, and if I can keep breastfeeding then I will for a few months still.

AnnaT.. aww poor Jett. Jesse got the fever with his 2 months ones.. so i gave him panadol before we went (both times) for his 4 month ones and he was fine.. he was just grizzley for the next week or so. He also had the red lump too this time round was about the size of your little finger nail maybe? That was in his right leg after the first lot (not sure if it was the 12 month-MMR he got be accident or the other ones - Pneumococcus as he gave one in each leg).. but the redness went down slowly after about a week and the lump i can still slightly feel.

Shellbell.. i know, sometimes i think he needs to go to Warcraft Addiction Anonomous or something.. they had it on the News the other week about kids getting addicted to that game.. i made it clear to DH that he was one of them. But yeh anyways.. will see how he goes today.

Well thats about all..

Ciao for now

xx

hey all,

just a note to all those that have m/c. There is a gene out there called factor H that 50% of women have but dont know it. This gene causes most m/c. i have this gene and the only way to treat it is by taking 5mg of folate every day for 3 months before you fall preggie and through your entire pregnancy. the normal dosage for folate is only .5mg. maybe you could ask your GP for this test. it is just a blood test and we have all had plenty of them.
    my midwife believes that it should be a compulsory test for all pregnant women.

This is Vanessa talking on adele's comp.
    Last edited by aboll; January 30th, 2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: adding bits

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast