Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #4

Another sucker over here! I confess... I often feed Xander to sleep, rock him to sleep and let him sleep in my arms. LOL.

That being said, he will also self settle in his bassinet, cot, pram, bouncer and pretty much anywhere when he is tired so I refuse to feel too guilty!

snap Anna- our little guys have quite a few similarities.

Caddie-I hope tha havoc didnt create too much mess in your house. I hope Ruby is doing better.

Love

Hellooo! Welcome Rach & Magic

How's feeding going AnnaT? I used to worry whether I had enough in my left side, it usually feels so soft as opposed to my full & often lumpy right side...but I can still get milk out of there, so I just keep feeding him assuming that will keep it making milk! My friend reckons her boobs are like that too, so I'm not too worried

I have started to feel less guilty about a dummy...not sure why I felt guilty in the first place, but he spits it out whenever he's hungry or has a dirty nappy, so I don't think there's any chance the dummy is masking any needs he might have.

I got my tax back the other day! So we went to Baby Bunting and bought some pram accessories and car shades and a Baby Bjorn! I had been looking at them on ebay but got too confused about new models and old models and how old some were etc...so just got a new one. Rans has the boy in it now, he wouldn't sleep cos he had the hiccups and now he's fast asleep...so I imagine we might have a confession to make in a few weeks...that we send him to sleep in the carrier! Rans just said 'I reckon this was a good idea'! Nice to be right about stuff sometimes

And I went to Myer (I'm a sucker for sales there, cos they're quite good once you add my staff discount to it!) and got some button up tops. So now I have some clothes to wear.

To those with boys, how do you avoid getting wee'd on? I often have a cloth or my hand in the way, but I swear, he just KNOWS the very moment I'm off guard and then BAM all over everything! And he goes on forever! Just being true to his name I suppose
    Still, any tips would be much appreciated.

Well, it's taken me a fair while to write this post (someone's been feeding and dirtying like a bandit today). Rans has set up a tv in our room, I was against it at first, but I have been so bored during feeds, and he says I won't wake him up if I watch tv during feeds. So that might be nice.

Hope everyone's well, sorry I haven't done more personals, I forgot what I read all that time ago! xo

The feeding is going ok Nelle, thanks for asking! I still dont feel as full as I used to but I think it may just be my boobs settling down - I still get wicked dripping when Im popping the boob out to feed him lol I have to tuck a flannel in my bra to stop it running on my shirt, very sexy look As for the boy peeing problems, we've had the same issue but with Dh changing his nappy! I think Jett knows Daddy sucks at it and wee's to get him to hurry up (Bub doesnt like being nakey, hope it stays that way in the future ) Ive never had peeing issues but Dh reckons its cause Im a pro at nappy changing thanks to practising on my little bro for years. Personally I just think bub loves me more lol
    I must confess though I am another indulgent Mama who occasionally feeds bub to sleep and lets him sleep on my chest for a little while...........I usually only half sleep and end up putting him back in the bassinette.

Nelle - I always put a pad-folded flat terry over Xanders bits whilst in between nappies... doesn't stop him peeing but at least it stops him spraying everywhere like a fountain!

My health nurse told me it's actually very common for a woman's right boobie to have more milk than the left... and it doesn't seem to matter if the mother is right/left handed (I had to ask that). Not sure how much truth there is to it, but I'm another with more milk in the right boobie than left.

My right boobie always has a fast let down even when I am feeding from the left...LOL Definately have to have a flannel when BFing...they always leak all over her face.

Hi girls

Julia hasnt settled all day sigh.. we are both tired now.. she must be tired too hey..

Helen - good to see you, I like holding Julia too she likes going to sleep in my arms.

Gotta get some sleep now girls. Back later

Bel
    xxx

DS's name is Mitchell James.
    Dummies - DD had one right up to age 4.......she has great teeth and has no health problems from it. From age 2 to 4 though the dummy was only used at night. DS doesn't take the dummy. I say just go with what works for you and bubs, saving your sanity.
    Same thing goes re cuddling bubs to sleep, they are still sooo young that spoiling isn't possible - just my opinion. My boy feeds and goes to sleep, we have a few small activities during the day - preferably in the morning so that DS, DD and me can have an arvo sleep. He sleeps basically 3 - 4 hours, but has at least one stint a day of 5-6 hours. He is very placid indeed. He is still have lots of wet nappies so I'm sure that he is getting enough fluids, and it is evident he is growing - I'm just going with the flow really.
    I'll try to catch up a bit more on everyone.....
    Hope you had a nice weekend..
    Woohoo go FORD!

I agree,go ford!! It was so great that lowndes won.I almost cried!
    Ruby was up 2hrly last night!! I think it was because she didnt have as much to drink,these teats take her longer to drink the milk as they are slower. And she was doing that noisy wriggling and grunting again! Grrr

hey girls,

had a crap night last night. i was up every 3hrs with riley and as soon as i got him to sleep and i layed down akira would wake up so there was another 2hrs to get her back to sleep. simon went back to work today so now i can get the kids in a routine before school hoildays are over.

caddie - i know what you mean with the wiggling and grunting while they are feeding it takes alot longer for them to feed.

well im off to have a shower while riley is asleep.

bbl

adele

I had a bad night too. Nina was up every 3 hours last night. No idea what that was about. When she woke up at 3am she was hungry, wasn't too hot or too cold and didn't have a dirty nappy, I think she just wanted a cuddle ... I'd much prefer to do that during the day!!!

How do you girls get your bubs to sleep early in the night? Here is my problem:
    during the day if Nina is tired, she will sleep anywhere
    In the middle of the night if she wakes for a feed (or a cuddle) I can put her to bed still awake and she'll go to sleep on her own in no time at all
    But at the beginning of the night, say between 7 and 10pm, I cannot get her to go to sleep in her cot. She's really tired, then gets over-tired and gets really cranky. I have tried to just put her down in her cot and shut the door and let her cry it out, but she doesn't stop. She'll go to sleep in her bouncer in the living room, or in your arms.
    I try to do the same thing each night, bath her at the same time, feed her in a dark environment with not much noise around etc.
    Any ideas?

Jodi - our little Boo has become addicted to tv. She sit's and watches it for an hour with no noise. I know its terrible but I have to for sanity. She's been awake since 4.30 this morning and hasn't slept at all in that time. Im gonna pull my hair out cause she wants me to hold her. Ive just feed her andnow she's looking at the screen pressing one out!
    Caddie - i bought some wind drops for Vy and they helped heaps. there in a yellow box and are about $8.
    Every one else - hello i love you but i need a shower and to get out of my granny cloths.
    i'll be back later
    xxmaz
    p.s all my bra's are now to big!

Well girls I had a rough weekend, Julia was awake all day for 2 days running, why is it on weekends and mondays is always crap during they day and she doesnt settle at all between 3 hourly feeds, now beginning to be 2hrs and im knackered what do you guys do? I have to put her in her cot and let her cry cause she doesnt sleep anywhere. AUGHH

:eek: thanks for the welcome girls

well today is my first day alone, jase started back to work today, Jack timed his feed perfectly was up for while Jase was havingbreakie and we managed to go outside and wave him off

I feel guilty when I read you posts about your bubs being awake and crying, Jack is so placid and calm, I am sure it will change, he did go from 4 hourly feed the last few nights to 3 hourly lastnight, but we are up changed and fed 90ml formula and back inbed in max 1/2 hour avereage 20min, I wonder if this is to do with Special care where everything is so regimented

anyway hope you are all doing great, we have our first outing by oursleves tomorrow, nothing exciting just a dr visit for me, but still by myself :eek:

??? are there any girls who have had c-sect here, I had 2 days of light bleeding following then nothing till Sat when I started spotting then yesterday I had cramp like my period was on the way, and had mild bleeding during the day I dont know if this is normal

Maz I wish my bras were too big. I thought your milk was supposed to settle down from week 6 - mine feel like they're getting bigger...and they're already an E cup!!!

Hi all,

Rach75- Its nice to hear your bubs is placid, Ash goes thru days of being nice and calm and then a screamer the next!

*Belle*- Its hard when they are like that. Ash did that to me on Friday and by Fri night I was just bawling my eyes out, my mum was even about to come over but I told her not to. I have eventually found some ways that do help settle her, the booby always does but it gets a bit hard when they are on it all the time! I finally got her to take a dummy but that only seems to work in her bouncer if she's in her bassinet it keeps falling out but the best thing she likes is if i put a pillow on my lap and lie her on her tummy and rub her back and she usually calms. Does your MCHN have any day stay classes that help with settling and things? Mine has one that runs once a week and it sounds just what you and Julia could use.

jodi_lee- It is hard to get them to sleep initially, i just try all the tactics I mentioned above to Belle, only prob is as soon as I put her down she's opened her eyes and we have to start all over.

Well we actually had a good night last night. I tell you she really behaves for her daddy, last night I told Df it was my sort of night off and he had to change her nappy and bring her in for feeds and settle her again and let me sleep in while he plays with her in the morn. well last night she fed 4 hourly which is really rare and didn't wake up til 8:15 usually its an hour earlier!

Rach - I had a c-section. I stopped bleeding at 2 1/2 weeks after the operation. Its normal to get cramping and little bleeding while breastfeeding or just after when you go to the loo. Its your uterus going back to normal. Once it is normal it will stop. If its excessive bleeding you should see someone (ie, changing a pad every hour) or if it doesnt stop by 6 weeks after.

Shellbell - thanks so much for your thoughts. I have tried all these, had a MHCN with me last week she was great, they do have day stays at Trescillian if it gets really bad I can go there. Im going to see the MHCN on Wednesday so will see how her weight goes this week, if shes not getting enough food then I will go to Trescillian.

Maz - Im so jealous by bbs are humungus LOL got a maternity bra yesterday at Target for $5 what a score hey.

Bel
    xxx

hi girls,
    wow...so much to catch up on in only a few days away. the wedding was a huge success and ainsleigh was a gem. she was in and out of the car, lots of driving and slept through the ceremony, not waking up till half way through the reception (including two in and out of the cars!) she even slept for the full four hour drive home yesterday.

welcome to rach and the other new girls (sorry, my brain is dead for names!) rach, i had a c section and i bled for about four weeks. sometimes i thought it was stopping, but would come back. only ever lightly though. think everyone is different and as long as there are no large clots it is all good.

as for all the confessions... i nearly always rock ainsleigh to sleep. i put her in her bassinet this morning without rocking her to sleep tho, thought i should give it a try as i know i am making a rod for my own back... she has just started squawking!

ainsleigh has also been a gem when it comes to sleeping. for the three nights we were away she slept pretty much through the night. we even had to wake her up on the morning of the wedding to get in the car to go to the hairdressers!

hope everyone is getting in some nana naps while there bubs is sleeping. we are going to the park today to take advantage of the warm weather.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast