Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #40

hi girls
    geeeez you can talk! (but we all say that everytime we log on!) was great catching up with you on wed anna and caddie (and your gorgeous kids!) sorry to hear that millana was being a turd yesterday caddie. and anna, xander does not have a big head, he just has a moonface like bert newton! he's adorable.... and was a hit with the girls as always!

shell - hope the crappy weather that kell is having did not ruin your holiday.

kell - i think you FIL will be over the moon with the scrapbook. love the choice of pics, you're very creative.

hmmmm, who asked about teeth... annat? ainsleigh's only really bother her for about a week, but that's the day before they break through the skin and the few days after (and i am an expert because ainsleigh has FOUR teeth ) but seriously, i know my wisdom teeth really hurt when they are moving, so our guys must get some serious pain with 20 teeth moving around. i have used brauers, and anna** also mentioned some tablets that i have not tried. good luck.

maz - hope caddie's not psychic and all is ok with you and your family

nelle - we had the yummiest meatball recipe the other night... it's one of sam's faves and it's very easy. after you cook the meat balls, you do a sauce with tomato soup and philly cheese and serve with pasta and greens.....YUM! Sam always asks for it when he's home and it's a really simple recipe. let me know if you want it and i'll flick it your way.

nessa - hope you're feeling better

chrissy - you enjoy your teenage free time.... woo hoo!!!!!!!! and well done on your weight loss. you are doing great girl!

annie - hope your cramps have eased. i remember my first period after ainsleigh was born was really painful, and i don't normally suffer bad periods... so if you were prone to bad ones before ouch.

helen, belle, ambz, sharleen, anyone who i have forgotten - hello! ainsleigh has finished her morning singing and is now doing her 'it's time to get up now mum squawk!'

Happy Good Friday girls... and whoever asked, we're off to afternoon tea then seafood dinner at Dad's. YUM

Thought id update the list for you Jodi..
    From lightest to heaviest:

GIRLS:
    Annika 6.9kg ~ 64cm
    Savanna 7kg
    Ruby 7.45kgs ~ 67.5cm
    Julia 8.5kg
    Vyolett 8.7kg ~ 72cm
    Nina 10kg ~ 75cm
    Ainsleigh 10.75kg

BOYS:
    Alexander 8.3kg
    Xander 8.45kg
    Jack 8.54kg ~ 68cm
    Jesse 9.9kg ~ 75cm
    Jett 10.5kg ~ 71cm (3 wks ago)

Have i missed anyone?

Anna**.. how tall is Xander? Jess does have some mighty chunky chicken fillet thighs.. i think thats where he's storing alot of his weight. Still even i dont think Xander's head is big. When is your appointment? I think also, baby's heads can look bigger to the eye if they dont have much hair. Jesse was the same when he lost his. Cool am def gonna get some of those Wilton ones. Im sure ill have lots of birthday cakes ahead of me

Hey, has anyone felt the same as me..
    I really want more kids right, but im worried i wont love them as much as Jesse. Like he is my little man and other than DH i dont think i could love anyone more than him. And the thought of not giving him my full attention upsets me as i just want him to be always happy and will do anything for that. But then saying that, i dont want him to be an only child.. id love for him when hes older to have someone to play with and bond with etc.. but still the whole having another baby as well as him will mean he wont get my full attention. Ness told me that once you get that baby then those thoughts all go out the window but i still wonder..

all i have to say is thank heavens for husbands

Jack woke at 4.30am *yawn* got up tucked his blankets in and said night timeback to sleep he woke at 5.30am and jase got up to him changed him fed him listend to him play till he went to sleep at 6.45am then I still got to sleep in till he woke at 7.30am, I know those big sleep ins were a trick

as for teeth, the only thing I can suggest is teething gel have you tried the teething tablets my mums group are swearing by them, well did I mention jacks 3rd tooth is thru came thru wed, it is his top left eye tooth *go figure* trust Jack to be different

what else we have no plans for easter jase is on call so could be called out any minute mind you we get 3 days in lou we are taking 2 lots of 1 week off over the next month off and with RDO days in lou etc we dont need to cut into his holidays

maz had to wash jack taggie, can I make a suggestion is there anyway th ecrinkle stuff can be attached to the sides of circle cause I had great deal of trouble straightening it out just a thought

hi everyone

OH Rach, its sewn on but its only cellophane. BUgger im so sorry.
    Cadie - now you have me pooping my panties. You could of atleast had a cool dream. PMSL.
    Kell - i cried to at your book. It is totally beautiful
    HEllo everyone else.
    Im being a slacker today (sorry) Jed and I are finishing our back l anding, decking out of our bedroom door and ive got to change Wilhelms room around cause he's been really scared of a night and sleeping on the ocuch.
    BBL
    xxmaz

Kell, I have a similar issue with having more except its that I dont want another boy because for some weird reason I just want Jett to be my one and only little man. How bad is that!

BBL had a sleep in so I need to go shower.

In regards to teething... I swear by Hylands Teething Tablets! Many chemists stock them, so ask if you can't find them (about $12 for 100 odd). Xander gets spewy on the Bruers stuff, I think it's cos of the colouring in it but not sure. Either way, the tablets contain similar ingredients and dissolve immediately on the tongue - within about 10mins of having them, Xander is so chilled.

Kellxx - Xander is 70cm, so about average for his age. He's head scan in on Tuesday arvo at 2pm - I'll let you all know how we went afterwards. Saw your photos, did you make that cake for the naming day?

Caddie - I hope there was nothing to that dream. How unsettling that must've been.

Maz - Hurry up and finish that back landing area before you go arse up on it again. Sorry to hear Wilhelm has been scared in his room... do you know what he is afraid of? If it's monsters and the like... have you tried making a 'monster spray' (water in a spray bottle - add frangrance etc)

oh maz i wasn't complaining just suggesting but now i know its cellaphane i know why it was so hard

Anna that the name of the tablets i was trying to suggest

Haha Maz now Ness will know your secret ingredient! Had a good chuckle at Anna's idea of Monster spray! You could think of something similar if Wil's likely to get a bit full on with water

Hope you feel better Ness.

Kell and Annat, do you know many people with more than one kid who love the first the most? Perhaps those people exist but I'm sure it's rare. The first is special cos they're your first, but I'm guessing my second will be special because they're my second!

Rikki I'd love that recipe!

Did I tell you that River's on the move? He's pulling himself forward with his arms. And sitting up.

I nearly forgot... here is the so-easy-you-could-make-with-your-eyes-shut rock cake recipe I promised a while back.

2 cups self raising flour
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    90g butter
    1/3 cup caster sugar
    1 cup sultanas
    2 tablespoon mixed peel (or substitute both sultanas and peel with dried fruit of choice - apricots/dates/apple taste great!)
    1 egg, beaten lightly
    1/2 cup milk
    1 tablespoon extra caster sugar

Preheat oven to 210. Place flour and cinnamon in large bowl, rub in butter, stir in sugar and fruit. Stir in egg, then enough milk to give a moist but still firm consistency (you might need more/less milk). Drop rounded tablespoons of mixture about 5cm on greased oven trays. Sprinkle cakes with a little extra sugar. Bake for about 15minutes or until browned. Loosen cakes from tray and cool. Makes 18, 4.9g fat and 636kJ each for those counting this sort of stuff.

Even the most kitchen challenged amongst us could manage these!

Rach - I know you werent complaining honey...im sorry it wrinkled up on you. COuld kick my own butt!
    Anna - thanks for the idea honey, might have to do it minus the water. As Nelle said - WIlhelm gets abit over excited with water, so maybe just a bottle with the insides smeared with some lavender oil. hmmmm got my thinking now (ITS HURTING!!!!!!!!!)
    thanks for the rock cake reciept to honey....going to ge tthe kids in the mitchen later to make some (hope Ive got everything)
    Fooy - VY's screaming again....anyone want her? Blasted teething! We still dont have any. We got one a month ago and it disappeared again. AHHHHHHHHHH
    BBL
    ANnaT - dsont forget to wash behind your ears

- 6 more days and Xander is gonna be 8 months old.........

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! My baby boy is growing up so fast.

Hello girls. I am back!
    We had a great time, weather wasn't too bad, Kell we managed to miss most of the rain when we were out.
    We didn't go for long enough but thats Df fault. We stayed in Cronulla at his aunties. Went into the city Weds and Thurs, didn't realise how nice Sydney is and all the great veiws. We went up centrepoint tower, went to the zoo and aquarium, went round on the monorail and went and saw the bridge and opera house. Definately want to come back. We might come back in summer and stay at his aunts again, shes only a block from the beach.
    Only downside is I hate travelling, don't think I could ever go overseas cause that 1.5hrs on plane killed me!
    Next time too I want to catch up with you Sydney girls.

Well I had 7 pages to catch up on in here so I just sorta skimmed thru.

Kell- I have had the exact same thought. I know once I do have another one I will love them but I just can't imagine loving anyone as much as Ashleigh and I just don't feel ready for another cause like you said just love giving all my attention to Ashleigh!

With the weight thing, 2 weeks ago Ashleigh was 7.04kg.

So how many people her follow the whole good friday and not eat meat? I have my fish but Df goes ahead and eats meat, I'm definately going to raise Ashleigh to not eat meat on good friday. What does everyone else do?

maz he still loves it the only thing I can think is make the cellaphane bigger so when it does get washed it can't shrink umm...I know you can buy a thing for toys at spotlight, to make the crinkle dont know whta it is, but saw it advertised once

well we have had a ok day, Jack and I had a nap much to Jase's disgust *sigh* and then put his shoes on and took him down to the extension in walker, was worried about wood chips and splinters etc, then Jase said why dont ya put his shoes on now why didn't I think i that

hi All.. happy easter wil try and get back on over the weekend but ew have friends visiting from Sydney .. so excited..

Re : eating meat etc.. My gf and i are eating salmon for dinner and the boys are going to eat cowfish ( t-bones) ... even though we are all christian the boys dont do seafood..

xoxo anna

Rach.. oh how cute.. youll have to take a photo (if you can!) of Jett's toothies!

Maz.. thanks mate. I still try not to think about whats happening with the FIL, its just so hard to imagine. But we saw him today and even though he tries not to show that its effecting him, you can tell its getting to him. Especially everytime he coughs (as the cancer is in his lungs). I really hope theyre wrong thats all i can say! He is really like a second father to me. Im guessing youve tried it, but does Wilhelm take to night lights? Maybe you could take him shopping and let him pick one out that he likes? Maybe one thats easy for him to turn on when he gets scared at night? Poor lil pet.

AnnaT.. yeh i know what you mean.. in theory i want more kids, doesnt matter if its boys or girls but still.. Jess is the love of my life.

Anna**.. well my thoughts are with you both on Tuesday, im sure he'll be just fine No we had that made though i think with a bit of work it could be easily done. How would they have done the blue do you reckon? It looks like its airbrushed on or something?

Nelle.. yeh i know.. and i know that when number 2 or 3 comes along i will love them just as much as Jess, but its just now thinking about it its just strange to imagine. Go River sitting up! Jess is too now.. from crawling to sitting and with no hands! Oh theyre gonna be walking before we know it!

Nessa.. hope youre have a good day tomorrow!

Shell.. welcome back!! Glad you had a great time! And the weather was some what good for you! Definately would love to meet up next time! We had fish today at the IL's.. was so nice too!
    Havent had any dinner yet but was naughty and bought some Krispy Kremes on the way home from our friends place.. hehe.. i thought well, DH is staying out (we took seperate cars) and i came home cos of Jess, i deserved a treat! mmmmm theyre so good though!

Rach.. oh how cute.. youll have to take a photo (if you can!) of Jett's toothies!
    ummmm I know this is bad but mine bubs Jack not Jett, Jett is AnnaT

its ok Kelly I forgive ya, but yeah Anna got try and get a picture took me 3 weeks to get Jacks first pic

oh also pics on website of jack wearing his shoes

Kell- I had a krispy Kreme donut at the airport today, my very first KK ever! Was quite nice but I think cause they had been so hyped up by everyone I knew it couldn't live up to my expectations.
    So has your FIL started chemo yet? I forget sometimes mine has cancer cause he appears so well and luckily the chemo hasn't affected him, no severe side effects, hopefully it stays that way. I think in about a month he'll have another scan and see if the chemo has shrunk it.

Nessa- I was just saying today to Df I can't wait til Ash is old enough to do an easter egg hunt with. I might want to eat them all myself though.

I am very upset now, my period has returned! I was hoping it'd never come back. No pain yet but may kick in tomor, so better find out what I can and can't take as panadol won't cut it. Hopefully I won't get the pain I used to pre pregnancy.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast